047

Untitled

 

 

 

“Yes, sir. But it seems that it may be delayed for another day, what shall we do?”

Shownu’s eyebrows furrowed together as he looked at the documents before him, he shook his head before leaning back on his chair.

“Let it be, it doesn’t really affect the schedule for next month. And, I still need to speak with director Choi regarding the contract.” Shownu nodded, the male took the folders off the desk.

“Okay, I’ll keep checking, sir.” His secretary gave him a polite bow, the male was about to exit the office when the doors suddenly opened.

Shownu looked up, and then his eyes widened, realizing who was standing by the doors.

“Hi.” Miyoung looked flustered, Shownu stood up from his seat. His secretary greeted the girl before leaving the room.

“Miyoung-ah,” Shownu blurted out, mentally checking if he had a meeting with her today. He was quite sure he didn’t.

“Is this a bad time?” She asked, Shownu shook his head and gestured for her to sit down.

“What brings you here? You didn’t call.”

“Actually…I’m not here to see you, but,”

“Okay, ouch.” Shownu grinned at her, Miyoung shook her head.

“That’s not what I meant, I was…with your parents earlier, I wanted to drop by and say hi.” She trailed off, Shownu tilted his head, the girl sighed again.

“What now?”

“So, you’re not here to talk me out of it?”

“Even if I do try, I know you won’t budge. So, I won’t. You’re free to do whatever you want.” She shrugged at him, Shownu chuckled and then he stood up.

“You said you were going to buy us coffee. You promised.”

“I did, but aren’t you…busy?” She glanced at his table; Shownu grinned and simply pulled her up from her seat.

“I met this girl years back, she taught me how to ditch class. I’d like to put it to practice now.”

Miyoung paused, and then her lips curled up.

“Really?” She said, Shownu was about to reach the doors but Miyoung grabbed his arm.

“Oppa,”

The male turned to her with raised brows, Miyoung pressed her lips together before speaking.

“Actually, I wanted to talk to you too, but speaking with your parents was the less nerve-wracking option, so I went there first.”

“What?” Shownu was confused, but the girl started to smile.

“You..still make me nervous, you always have.” Miyoung mused, she met his gaze before speaking again.

“Will you still go out with this troublemaker, Son Hyunwoo-ssi?”

Shownu broke into a smile before cupping both of her cheeks.

“I have to warn you though, I’ve become a bit high-maintenance ever since, I~”

“I like maintaining you.” He said before leaning forward to place a soft kiss on the tip of her nose.

“That’s good to hear, so, coffee?” Miyoung was smiling as she laced his fingers with his, Shownu nodded back at her.

“Sounds great, Young.”

 

 

 

Sehun was smiling as he stepped out of the lawyer’s office, his secretary was waiting for him by the elevator.

“How did it go, sir?”

“It was perfect. Did Minah call?” He asked as the male returned his phone back to him.

“Yes, she said your final fitting is scheduled this afternoon, and young master Lee has informed about a lunch tomorrow.”

“Lunch?”

The two males got in the elevator and Sehun quickly got inside the waiting car, he leaned back and set his phone down, but not before it started to ring again.

It was Meens.

“Minah,”

“I just heard something, is it true?”

“What is?”

“I just got off the phone with attorney Eun, she called me because Shownu sunbae in unreachable at the moment. And, I can’t even get a hold him.” She grumbled, Sehun smiled and nodded.

“Sera’s lawyers suddenly dropped her. And now she has to look for a public defendant.”

Sehun glanced at the building they were driving away from and nodded.

“Really?”

“Really?” Minah echoed his reply, he shrugged again.

“Meens,”

“Is this what you meant when you said you’re angry too?”

“I said that? When?”

“Oh Sehun.” She sighed at him, Sehun grinned and glanced at his secretary.

“Word sure travels fast. I just left attorney Song’s office, he agreed to dropping Yoo Sera, in exchange, he’ll be Korea Air’s liaison for legal dealings.”

Minah was silent for a few seconds, Sehun checked the time again.

“Okay, not a bad deal.”

“Of course.”

“Anyway, can you come pick me up later?”

“I’ll be there, be safe.”

Minah scoffed before ending the call, Sehun checked the news on his phone and he smiled again.

“She messed with the wrong person.” He mused before putting the device away.

“Where to, sir?” His secretary spoke, Sehun looked up and smiled.

“Do we know someone from the district court?”

 

 

 

“An emergency?” Hyungwon looked up from his breakfast, Eunyoung was in the living room, watching a TV show with her mother.

“Yes, I do know about the lunch Honey scheduled today, but, unnie suddenly messaged about an emergency.”

“Did something happen? Do you need me to drive you?”

“No, she did say to be there on time. And told..” She trailed off as she poured herself some coffee, Ara joined them and she grinned at the girl.

“Hello, Young.”

“Why are you calling her that?” Hyungwon grew amused, Miyoung flinched and looked away from her.

“Oh, you haven’t heard?” Ara leaned over the counter, Hyungwon’s eyes went to Miyoung.

“Ara, I swear~”

“It’s uncle Shownu!” Eunyoung suddenly hollered from the living room, Miyoung grimaced and Hyungwon laughed.

“I see.”

“Don’t~”

“I’m happy for you, Miyoung. Now go, don’t make him wait.”

Miyoung sent Ara a look before leaving the kitchen, Hyungwon grinned before stretching one arm to the girl.

“She’s glowing, I’m glad she’s finally happy.” Ara murmured before letting Hyungwon pull her to him.

“I know.”

Shownu was smiling as the little miss Chae ran up to him, he knelt down to catch the girl in his arms.

“Uncle, hello!” Eunyoung beaming at him, he chuckled.

“I don’t think your dad would like it if you ran, Eunyoung-ah. You might trip.” He mused as he stood up with the girl in his arms.

“I wanted to say hi, everyone’s busy inside.” Eunyoung said, Shownu saw Miyoung appear from the front door, she looked surprised.

“Oh, it’s mommy.” Eunyoung patted his arm, wanting to be put down.

“Eunyoung-ah, you’re lucky appa didn’t see you running.”

Eunyoung giggled before heading back into the house, Shownu grinned as the girl reached him.

“I thought we were just going to meet up at lunch?” She asked.

“Yes, Meens asked me to get a few things from our lawyers, I just wanted to say hi before heading out.”

“Right, you live in the same neighborhood.” She murmured, Shownu chuckled before pulling the girl to his chest.

“Why does it feel like we’re two teenagers sneaking out? Do we not tell them? Or, do we?”

“I don’t know, what do you want to do?”

“Ara knows, so, Hyungwon knows by now. But, I haven’t gotten the chance to speak with my sister.”

“I’m sure she’ll approve of me though.” Shownu added, Miyoung sighed at him before pulling away.

“I got you your favorite sandwich; I remember you fought Sehun over this once.” Shownu pulled a brown paper bag from his car.

“Thanks, we’ve been having cereals lately, I don’t know what’s happening in the Chae household.” She shuddered as she took the bag from him, Miyoung paused as Shownu’s phone started to ring.

“Why is he calling you?” Miyoung asked, seeing Sehun’s name on the screen.

“He’s been rushing me to get to your parents’ place. I’ll see you later?” Shownu said, he put his phone back in his pant pocket.

“Yes, drive safely.” She said before leaning upwards to kiss his cheek, Shownu paused and looked at her.

“What?”

He was smiling at her.

“What? I used to do that when we were in college, get over it.” She groaned as she pulled away from him, but the male grabbed her by the waist and pressed his lips against hers.

“I know. I’m not getting over it though.”

“Just..go, oppa.” Miyoung sighed again but she was smiling at him.

“I’ll see you later.”

 

 

 

“Don’t you think that the roles have been reversed?”

Sehun looked up just as the twins’ mother joined him at the veranda.

“Yes, auntie?”

“I mean, I was expecting that when my children would start getting into relationships and all, they’d tell each other first and will most likely hide it from their parents, right?”

Sehun nodded, amused.

“Yes, usually. Why, is something wrong?”

“I just realized that Jooheon introduced his girlfriend to us several months ago and asked us not to tell his sisters yet. Then now, he wants her to meet them for the first time. We’ve been keeping his relationship a secret.” Mrs. Lee chuckled, Sehun shook his head with a smile.

“He knows his sisters well, auntie.”

Mrs. Lee nodded back, they noticed a familiar BMW pull into the property, Shownu slid down from the vehicle and looked around.

“Any news about that?” Mrs. Lee continued, Sehun heard Mr. Lee join them, he handed Sehun a glass of champagne.

“W—Well, seeing as to how…he responded to Jooheon’s invitation, things must be going well?” Sehun said, he hasn’t been able to chat with Miyoung yet, but Shownu showing up at a family event was definitely a good sign.

“Good, I’ve always wanted you two as my son-in-laws, finally I can get some sleep.” Mrs. Lee chuckled, her husband sighed at her.

“Don’t let the kids hear you.” He mumbled, Sehun followed the elders back inside the house just as Jooheon was welcoming Shownu by the foyer.

“Hyung, I’d like you to meet Suyeon.” He said, Shownu nodded and stretched his hand towards the girl, Suyeon smiled before greeting him.

“She’s my girlfriend.” Jooheon added happily, Shownu’s brows went up and his eyes went to Sehun. The younger male grinned back at him.

“Nice to meet you, Suyeon-ssi.” Shownu said, and then he was whisked away by Mrs. Lee.

“Hyunwoo-ah, I’m glad to see you’re here, I’m assuming you’re joining us for lunch?”

“Yes, auntie.”

“Miyoung let you go alone? Why that brat~”

“Actually, Miyoung has an appointment at her office today, but she’ll be here soon. I think she’d arrive with Meens.” Shownu said, at the mention of his sisters, Jooheon turned to them, with wide eyes.

“They’re arriving together? Why? How did that happen? Isn’t Minah noona on a leave? Why would she be at the office?” His questions came out rapidly, Shownu walked over to Sehun.

“Why is he so panicky? Since when was Jooheon this jumpy?” The older male asked as he picked up a glass, Sehun grinned at him.

“Their Honey has been keeping a secret from them, a girlfriend.”

“They don’t know about..Suyeon?” Shownu asked before taking a sip, and then the two males turned just as they heard a pair of engines purring loudly as they approached the house, Mr. Lee observed with amusement as his son jumped up from the couch, very panicky.

“Is it your sisters?”

“Suyeon-ah, does Jooheon talk about the twins? They adore him so much.” Mrs. Lee excitedly said, Shownu and Sehun walked to the windows, curious.

“T—Twins?” Suyeon was confused, her eyes went to Jooheon.

“You didn’t tell me that they’re twins.” She said to him. Sehun watched as the white BMW i8’s front door opened, Minah appeared, she was dressed in a Chanel pant suit that fit her frame perfectly, her hair was brushed in a high ponytail too.

“She doesn’t seem…jolly.” Shownu murmured to him, Miyoung slid down from the black Murcielago, and then it was just like old times. Minah dressed in her usually casual and preppy look, Miyoung was in a black mini dress that hugged her curves nicely, she had on a loose Balmain blazer and a pair of ankle boots, also in black.

The two walked together towards the front doors, heads hunched together, it was obvious that Meens was filling her in.

“Oh no.” Sehun murmured, Shownu chuckled and faced the living room again, the front doors opened. Suyeon looked a little tensed up, and then she saw them.

Minah was still whispering to her sister, while Miyoung was softly nodding back, the expression on her face unreadable.

“Hello, daughters.” Mr. Lee spoke up, the two looked up.

Yo, abeoji.” Miyoung was the first one to react, she gave the elder a hug before looking around. Suyeon could only stare at the two.

“Oh Sehun. Son Hyunwoo.” She nodded at the two males, Shownu grinned before gesturing towards Jooheon. Miyoung’s eyes narrowed at him, and the younger male flinched.

“What is this lunch for? Eomma, did you cook?” Minah said, and then Jooheon finally stood up.

“Noona, other noona,” He began, two heads turned to him and Jooheon grimaced. Sehun had to bite the insides of his cheeks to prevent him from laughing.

“What? What is it?” Minah shot back, Miyoung smirked at her sibling before hooking arms with him.

“Honey, you know me, I’m always chill. It’s that other other noona you should be worried about.” And then Miyoung faced Suyeon.

“Hi, I’m Miyoung, Jooheon’s second older sister. Your name is?”

It took Suyeon a few seconds to react, but she stood up to take the girl’s offered hand.

“Suyeon, nice to meet you~”

“You’re not even going to introduce us first? Were you just going to make her wait?” Minah spoke up, the elders stood up and glanced at each other. And the two slowly escaped the living room, not wanting to be in the middle of the crossfire, or something.

“You brought her here, and won’t introduce her to us? Lee Jooheon, you~”

“W-Well, Suyeon-ah, these are my sisters, Minah noona and Miyoung noona. Noonas, this is Suyeon.”

“Nice to meet you, Suyeon-ssi. My brother may have been rude for hiding you from us, I don’t know why he would do that. But we’re not as bad as he made you think.” Minah spoke as she gestured for the girl to sit down, Miyoung chuckled and hopped towards Sehun and Shownu. Jooheon let out a big breath and plopped down again, clearly relieved.

“Were you two trying to scare her?” Sehun asked before bumping fists with her.

“Did it work?”

“I think it did.” Sehun chuckled, Shownu shook his head and opened one arm to her, the other male paused.

“Jooheon was really worried, you two were torturing him.” Shownu spoke before pressing his nose against her hair.

“It was unnie’s idea. For once, it wasn’t me.” She chuckled before wriggling free from his grasp. Shownu watched as she walked to the kitchen, and then he felt Sehun nudging him.

“Finally, hyung. I’m happy for you both.”

Shownu was about to reply, but Miyoung reappeared by the doorway, she was holding onto a container of sliced peaches.

“Help. Can’t open.” She mouthed at him while raising the container, Shownu patted Sehun’s shoulder before making his was to the kitchen.

“Just like the old days.” Sehun smiled to himself before joining Meens on the couch.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++