045

Untitled

 

 

 

Miyoung slid down from the car and looked at the house before her, she didn’t really have any plans for the day and Eunyoung was off to school. Hyungwon and Ara were out of town too.

She was bored.

And she didn’t want to go to work.

She ran her fingers through her hair as she walked towards the front doors, not noticing Sehun’s car already parked by the driveway.

She reached the living room and paused, seeing that it was empty.

Miyoung heard some noises coming from the kitchen, she padded towards the room and halted.

“Miyoung-ah.” Minah spoke, the other people in the room paused as soon as they saw her and gave the younger Hwang quick bows.

“H—Hey.” She blurted out and took a step back, Shownu was standing by the counter, he was reading something.

“What’s this..unnie, I mean, vice chairman?” She asked, she felt his gaze on her and her forehead creased.

“Ah, this attorney Shin, you two are acquatined, right?”

“Yes, of course.” Miyoung muttered, the male gave her a smile.

“And, attorney Shin, she’s past of ShinHan’s legal team.” Minah continued, the lady greeted Miyoung with warmth and shook her head.

“L—Legal teams?” Miyoung spoke, Shownu moved from the counter and poured himself a cup of coffee, Miyoung could feel the other staff staring between the two of them.

“We’re about to throw a party.” Minah continued as she put jam on her toast.

“I’m just…gonna..go.”

“Already? Sehun’s upstairs.” Minah spoke, Miyoung pressed her lips together. Shownu was looking at her, probably studying her.

“I just…You guys enjoy, or..I…See you later, unnie.” She muttered before walking back to her car.

Minah smiled to herself as she heard sister’s car speed out of the property, her eyes went to Shownu.

“Why didn’t you talk to her?” She asked as he sat down beside her.

“I’m afraid I make her uncomfortable.”

“I’m more uncomfortable.” She muttered at him, Shownu smiled and shook his head at her.

“How do I fix the two of you, sunbae?”

 

 

 

Hyungwon grew amused as he found Jooheon in the living room, he was chatting with Ara and Eunyoung.

“Miyoung just left.” He spoke as he walked in, Jooheone nodded.

“I know, Minah noona has instructions not to make contact with my other noona.”

“What?” Hyungwon paused, confused.

“Oh, Meens noona is trying to isolate Miyoung noona.”

Ara grew amused, Eunyoung stood up and climbed onto the sofa next to her father.

“Just Hwang Minah things, don’t ask.” Jooheon shook his head, he glanced at the TV screen and his brows went up.

“I see your wife’s ex-boyfriend is quite a powerful man.” Ara jokingly said, Jooheon chuckled as a picture of Sera appeared.

“It’s actually kind of scary realizing just how angry Shownu hyung is. He’s always been the calm one, so level-headed, but.. this..”

“This is Miyoung.” Hyungwon finished for him, Jooheon nodded back.

“He managed to quicken the investigation, he decided to have it released to the media, imagine how angry he is. He’s a very private man, but this…this must have really..” Jooheon murmured to himself.

“It was five years, he lost her for five years. I kind of..get it.” Ara carefully said, and then Jooheon looked up.

“What about you two?”

“What do you mean?” Hyungwon mumbled back, Jooheon grinned before speaking.

“You should make another baby so we can take Eunyoung.”

“Hey!”

 

 

 

“I just..dont think it’s a good idea to be hiding from her.” Sehun murmured as he joined Minah at the living room of the hotel suite that they were in.

“Why?” Minah asked as she took another spoonful of ice cream.

“Why? Because it’s very mature of us to be hiding like teenagers who just eloped.” Sehun chuckled as he plopped down next to her, Minah laughed.

“I figured that it’s been a few days since..sunbae wreaked havoc, and so far, my sister has been silent all through that, no reaction at all. I’d like her..I’d like her to react.”

“There’s nothing else she can add, Meens. You and your best friend literally obliterated Sera.”

“I mean, Miyoung reacting to Shownu sunbae. Who cares about Sera?” She rolled her eyes and leaned against his shoulder.

“You want them to talk.”

“Yes. Sunbae mentioned…No, he didn’t have to. MIyoung has been distracted lately, and I realized that it’s probably because her ex-boyfriend asked her out. Again.” Minah let out another laugh, Sehun shook his head at her.

“I didn’t want to….force her to talk to him, but clearly she’s distracted. And, knowing her, she’s still blaming herself so,”

“So, you set her up?” Sehun mused and kissed the side of her head.

“Sort of? I know he’ll look for her, eventually. He’s the type to want to talk things out, he’ll probably go to the office.” She shrugged and continued eating.

“You’re not worried this might have repercussions?”

“Like what? Our parents?”

“We love Son Hyunwoo. The Sons love my sister. What repercussion?”

“Wow, you’re usually the careful one.” Sehun humored her, MInah turned to him and put the spoon down.

“We’re dealing with someone one of the most stubborn person I know, my sister. My way of making it up to her, is to make her realize that it was never her fault. And talking to her Son Hyunwoo will..make her feel better.”

 

 

 

“She’s not at home? She’s not here too.” Miyoung blurted as she entered her sister’s office, Minah’s secretary nodded.

“I…I can’t find her.” Miyoung said helplessly, the male gave her a small smile.

“The last thing I heard was that the vice chairman made plans to meet with her fiancé today, she asked not to be disturbed.”

“Even by me?”

“Yes, director.”

Miyoung scoffed and exited her sister’s office, she made her way towards the elevators and headed down to the lobby. She wanted to talk to her sister regarding the lawsuit, she had no idea that they would be going public with it.

They, as in her twin sister and her best friend, Son Hyunwoo.

Miyoung exhaled, it wasn’t just Lotte Holdings who was after Sera. The Sons too. And that made it more newsworthy. And, that also kind of put the spotlight on them, and her past relationship with Shownu.

She puffed her cheeks as she exited the building, the girl had decided to grab coffee at the café across the street.

“It’s not like I can deny it. Like “No, I never went out with him.”.” She grumbled to herself as she hopped on the pedestrian stripes on the ground.

Miyoung didn’t even check the news anymore, it wasn’t exactly a fair fight. Sera’s family may have hired a strong law firm in the country, but having two of the largest conglomerates’ legal teams pitted against you won’t be easy.

She reached the café doors and was about to grab onto the handle when someone got to it first, Miyoung was about to step back but she her back collided onto the person’s chest.

She turned and Hwang Miyoung regretted ever stepping out of her office.

“I was just about to call you,” He spoke with a small smile as he opened the door for her, Miyoung’s brows went up.

“I—I’m out on a..coffee run.” She said, Shownu nodded and gestured for her to go in first.

“Your usual? I notice that you still order the same coffee.” He said as he walked with her towards the counter, Miyoung nodded back and puffed her cheeks.

“Do you feel like eating something? They have cheesecakes.” Shownu glanced at the cake display, Miyoung stared at the sweets.

“Actually, I’d like a~”

“Sandwich?” He grinned at her, Miyoung could sense that he was trying to make her feel comfortable. And she had no idea why she felt awkward with him.

“Yes, please. You’re…paying, right? It’s not like you’ll let me.” She muttered, he chuckled and nodded. Miyoung glanced at him, he was dressed casually today, a pair of black tapered denim jeans and white t-shirt.

“Did you..go swim today?” She asked him, Shownu turned to her and nodded.

“How did you know?” He mused, he picked up their tray of food and the girl followed him. Miyoung sat down and shrugged.

“You tend to dress casually right after a swim, because you…you don’t like packing your suits in a duffel bag.” She muttered, as she picked up her drink.

“Actually, I..wanted to talk to you.”

Miyoung looked at him and nodded, she set her drink down.

“I had a feeling,” She mumbled, Shownu pushed her sandwich forward.

“Do I make you uncomfortable?”

“No, oppa. It’s not like that.”

“I said some things that I don’t know…if I should have. Or, it may have worsened things between us. And, we are working together on a project, I’m worried that~”

“Oppa, you wanted to talk about work?” Miyoung almost smiled, Shownu paused and blinked at her.

“Actually, no.”

She grinned and started eating.

“When I got here, I really had no plans staying for long, you know. I was here for one reason, unnie’s wedding. And that was it, but…I didn’t expect to find out..about Sera’s doings. And at first, I thought I could handle it, you know. Finish it cleanly, and then I could leave after. But, seeing you again,” Miyoung trailed off, her forehead creasing.

“It…I will admit, even though I was expecting to cross paths with you again, it still surprised me, oppa. I almost forgot how much…you affected me.” Miyoung stared at her palms, she exhaled.

“I figured, being friends with you would be fine. But then, I found out about Sera, and of course, one does not need a genius for me to realize that while I was gone people were actually hoping that you’d…you two would get together.”

“Miyoung-ah~”

“It kind of got to me at first, but then I realized, I don’t have a right to be annoyed, because I left you when you needed me most.”

“You were hurting too.” Shownu softly said, she pressed her lips together.

“I saw you when they wheeled you in to the operating room, oppa. Thinking that..I..I was the cause of all that..I just..” She trailed off and leaned back on her seat.

“It’s not your fault, and Miyoung-ah, no one forced me to go there. I went with you because I wanted to. I still want to.”

“That’s the problem, oppa. Why…Why would you still want to?” Miyoung evenly met his gaze, Shownu smiled before leaning over to take her hand in his.

“It’s you. It will always be you, Hwang Miyoung.”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++