034

Untitled

 

 

 

Miyoung was smiling as she made her way to her sister and Sehun, most of the guests were already eating and soft classical music was playing in the background.

Miyoung realized that their usual crowd had joined the couple and were happily chatting, Sera was even laughing along as Jooheon spoke.

Miyoung tilted her head and she reached them.

“Unnie,”

“Where were you? We wanted to take more photos with you.” Miyoung spoke, she winked back at her twin before plopping down across them. She felt Shownu’s gaze on her, her forehead creased but she faced the two.

“I…I have another gift for you guys.” She said, she noticed how Sera paused and she looked at her.

“What is it?” Sehun asked, Miyoung leaned on the table and her smile grew wider.

“Unnie, why don’t you take a few months off and step down?” She spoke, Minah’s eyes widened at her words.

Jooheon blinked and nudged Sehun, confused.

“That’s…your gift? You want to get rid of me?” Minah asked, MIyoung chuckled and shook her head.

“What I mean is that I’ve decided to stay a bit longer and take over for you. So, that you can take a leave, go on a long honeymoon and all. Make babies too.”

Minah could only stare at her, Sehun tilted his head at his friend.

“W—What?”

“Well, I have decided that I’ve been gone too long and I should help. It’s only right that I do.” Miyoung continued as she grabbed Jooheon’s glass and finished his champagne.

“Well, she does makes sense, and you probably need a break from everything.” Sehun nodded along, he glanced at Jooheon briefly.

“Are you sure? It’s a pretty big step, Young-ah.” Minah replied, still confused by her sister’s sudden announcement but she was kind of curious too.

“Yes.”

“But that would mean you’d be staying longer, I thought you were busy in New York?” Sera finally chimed in and Sehun wanted to roll his eyes, but Miyoung only smiled at her.

“I think I should stay longer.” Miyoung said with a small shrug, Sera paused, and her brows went up. Then the youngest Hwang looked at Shownu.

“Don’t you think so, oppa?” She spoke, the older male blinked at her.

“H—Huh?”

“Don’t you think I should stay longer?” Miyoung leaned forward, holding his gaze.

“W—Well, its seems like a good idea.” Shownu offered, stunned at her sudden closeness, and also not wanting to intrude in their conversation. Miyoung let out a small chuckle and she stood up.

“See? Even the ex boyfriend agrees.” She bluntly said and everyone flinched, Miyoung smiled to herself again as Sera looked away.

“I’ll go check if Hyungwon has arrived. Please save some cake for me.” Miyoung stated before leaving the table, Jooheon slowly shook his head.

“Noona’s in one of her moods again.”

Sera could only watch as the girl made her way around the crowd, her fists curled on her lap.

“Exactly, should we be worried?” Minah asked with a small smile, she turned to Sehun.

“I..don’t think so.” Sehun replied as he took a quick glance at Shownu.

“I guess.” He added again before kissing the side of her head.

 

 

 

Miyoung broke into a smile as she saw Hyungwon walk past the entrance, he tilted his head at her.

“I got your text. What’s going on?” He asked her, the girl simply hooked arms with him as they walked.

“Well, while I was listening to guests talk about unnie and Sehun earlier, I realized…they have witnessed so much, you know. A lot of things, I should have witnessed too. and, I got jealous so,”

“So, you asked for your sister to step down?”

“It’s my way of paying back, and I know I should have discussed this with you first. But, then I got impulsive. And I totally understand that you have your plans too and that you need to fly back to New York.” She blabbered on, Hyungwon was smiling as he listened to her, totally unaware of all the eyes on them.

“And I think I can handle Seoul by my own for a couple of months, of course, we should ask Eunyoung where she wants to stay. But still, as the father, your call.” She whispered, Hyungwon chuckled and pulled the girl to his chest. Miyoung stopped, her brows went up but she slowly smiled.

“It’s good hearing you say that you can do this on your own. Months ago flying here terrified you, I’m happy for you, Miyoung.” He said as he pulled back to look at her.

“And, you should stay and help out. I actually have to go talk to my parents, they wanted me to attend one of the board meetings last week.” He said, the girl nodded along with him.

“It must be urgent then.”

“I think it is.” He winced, the girl was about to reply when Sehun walked to them, Miyoung watched as the two grinned at each other and shook hands.

“You two getting along is literally my worst nightmare, please don’t share secrets and become besties, alright?” She murmured as she walked away from them.

“The elders have been wanting to chat, there at the main table.” Sehun told him, Hyungwon nodded back.

“Did you get something yet?” Sehun asked under his breath, Hyungwon picked up a glass of champagne from a passing waiter.

“Not yet, but I’m supposed to get something tonight. I’ll call my assistant. And, congratulations, by the way.” Hyungwon said to him, Sehun nodded back and ushered for him to get moving.

Sehun looked around the party, and he paused when he noticed Shownu sitting by the bar, alone. He made his way towards the male and sat down beside him.

“You’re curious, huh, hyung?” He suddenly spoke, the male turned to him.

“What do you mean?”

“I’m curious too. Something doesn’t seem right.”

“Oh Sehun, don’t~” Shownu sighed as the male cut him off.

“I won’t. But I know you feel it too. Don’t deny it, hyung.” Sehun leaned against the bar and glanced at him.

“She….has him now.” Shownu stated as he pushed his empty glass away from him.

“Does she really?”

 

 

 

Miyoung was checking her reflection on her vanity as she brushed her hair, she had just checked on Eunyoung and the toddler was fast asleep.

Her thoughts went to the documents she saw earlier. Her fingers trembled as she put her brush down, it was all coming back to her. The day of the accident, how she weas so happy to be away from Seoul. Everyone was excited to try out the jump, she could still recall Shownu helping her out with a life vest and strapping on her protective gear.

Miyoung let out a shaky breath and looked at herself again.

“Things were going so well that day, as it should.” She whispered as teared slowly lined her eyes.

“We were happy.” Her lower lip started to shake and she turned away from the mirror.

“And she just destroyed it. She destroyed it all.” Miyoung swallowed as she wiped her cheeks and stood up, she walked towards her discarded clutch and took out the envelope from earlier.

“I’ll get her back for this. That must pay.” Miyoung stated as she stepped out of the room, she padded towards Hyungwon’s home office and strolled in.

“Hey,”

He looked up from his computer and waved her over.

“I forgot to mention it earlier, but your assistant came by at the party.” She pretended not to notice his stunned expression and carefully laid the envelope on the table.

“Y—Yes, really? Did he say something else?” Hyungwon pulled the envelope closer to him, he let out a small sigh as he noticed that it was sealed with tape.

“Nothing. I didn’t want him to wait long so I took that from him. Work stuff?” Miyoung said as she plopped down one of the couches, she stretched her legs before her.

“Your decision to be station yourself here seem sudden.” Hyungwon murmured as he tossed the envelope into his drawer.

“Eh.”

“Miyoung, is something going on?”

“Have…you spoken to Ara?” Miyoung turned to him, she saw how Hyungwon’s forehead crease.

“H One.” She said, wanting him to reply, Hyungwon met her gaze and he shrugged at her.

“I don’t think there’s a point in~”

“Hyungwon, I know I’ve always stayed out of your personal life.”

“Stayed out? You’re my wife.”

“You know what I mean. And don’t get snappy with me.” Miyoung sent him a look, he rolled his eyes in reply.

“I…I know that you..haven’t gotten over her. You never have. And, she’s Eunyoung’s~”

“I can say the same. You and the big guy.”

“Shut up. We’re talking about you.” She hissed at him, Hyungwon chuckled and walked towards the girl, he plopped down beside her.

“I’m worried that one day people find out what we’re doing and it might hurt Eunyoung, you know.” Miyoung murmured, the male looked at her.

“Not even your army of lawyers can prevent that from happening. I’m literally your most expensive defense plan.” She joked, Hyungwon chuckled and shook his head.

“You’re family to us now, you know that.”

“If…it weren’t for Eunyoung..I wouldn’t even be here right now, H One. So, you don’t have to bring up Shownu. I know what you’re trying to say. And, don’t.”

Hyungwon paused, stunned at her words.

“But, why not?”

Miyoung sighed at him, Hyungwon faced her again.

“If I call it quits and we end all this. You can go to him.”

“I…hurt him too much already. I don’t..” Her lips quivered, Hyungwon’s forehead creased and he put his hand over hers.

“If you want out, Miyoung. Just tell me. We talked about this before.”

Miyougn turned to him and slowly shook her head.

“Just tell me when you don’t need anymore, I’m fine. I…He won’t have me. I’m sure he won’t.”

“Mi~”

“Subject has been dropped.” Miyoung spoke as she stood up and left the room, Hyungwon exhaled and leaned back on the couch.

“He wants you back. He stares at you all the time. I see that he is hurting.”

 

 

 

Shownu straightened on his seat as the doors opened, a smiling Miyoung appeared.

He paused, his brows went up as she walked up towards the other managers in the room to greet them.

Shownu looked at her again, something wasn’t right. Something didn’t feel right.

“Oppa,” She said in a quiet tone as she reached him, Shownu nodded back and took her offered hand.

“Are we pretending to be super formal? Seems like the only way to go,” She said in a light tone before taking her seat beside him.

“Did you drive here?”

“No, I had a car waiting at the airport. The weather is nice outside.” She commented as she leaned back on her seat.

“I arrived yesterday to check the property, would you like to see it later?” Shownu offered, Miyoung adjusted her seat and turned to him.

“Sounds good, when is the meeting going to start?” She asked, Shownu paused. There it was again, his forehead creased, unsure.

“Are..you okay, Miyoung-ah?”

She nodded at him with a smile.

“I probably had too much coffee.” She said, her phone pinged and she looked at the screen. Her lips slowly curled up before facing Shownu again.

“Let’s blame the coffee then.” He said to her, Miyoung was about to reply again but his phone started ringing. She gestured for him to take the call and leaned back on her seat, still smiling it. Shownu paused as he saw the name on the screen but he answered anyway.

“Sera, I’m~”

“Oppa, I didn’t know who else to call,” Sera sounded panicky on the other line, Shownu’s brows went up.

“Why? Did something happen? Are you okay?”

“It’s my car, oppa. The dealership arrived just now and they’re trying to take it back.” Sera sounded like she was close to tears.

Miyoung looked at her lap and crossed her legs, she hid her smile as she checked her nailbeds.

“Why would they do that?”

“I don’t know. I do remember paying for the car partially and charged the rest to my account. And…just now…I…The people from the dealership took it, oppa. They even had some cops accompany them. My neighbors were all staring at me.” Sera was sobbing from the other line, Shownu frowned.

“I’ll see what I can do, do you need~” Shownu paused when he felt a hand on his arm.

“Oppa, the meeting’s starting. Put that away.” Miyoung leaned over, and she playfully took the phone from him and pressed on the red icon.

“Miyoung-ah, that was~”

“Let’s get some work done, Son Hyunwoo.” She winked at him and handed his phone back.

Hopefully that witch has a broom lying around, it’s about time she uses the correct mode of transportation.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++