038

Untitled

 

 

 

Miyoung let out a shaky breath as soon as she was out of the restaurant, she puffed her cheeks and looked up at the sky.

“Good for her.” She spoke, and then she felt a tap on her shoulder, she turned. Miyoung’s brows rose slightly, Shownu had this look on his face. She knew he had questions but, he wasn’t the type to press her to talk.

“I see you and Sera are no longer…in better terms.”

“Do we have to be?”

“That’s your choice to make.” Shownu said as he gestured for her to walk.

“Oppa, I can always take a cab home, the house is just~”

“I brought you here, it’s only right I drive you to your place. What would Hyungwon say?” Shownu said with a small chiding grin, Miyoung pressed her lips together.

Oh, he would say lots of things. He would tease a lot too.

“Oppa, can…I ask you something?” She asked him, Shownu nodded without looking at her.

“Why…Why did nothing happen between you two?”

Shownu paused, he finally turned to her.

“What do you mean?”

“Surely, you’re not that blind?”

“What?”

Miyoung sighed and hooked arms with the male, Shownu smiled at her sudden action. It was still so natural of her to hold onto him, despite what had happened.

And he hated himself for liking that feeling.

“She’s always liked you, oppa. Ever since we were…kids. High school kids.” She said, Shownu blinked and turned to her again.

“I..think I noticed it, but I didn’t want to..react to it, since she’s good friends with you and Meens.”

“I was gone for a long time, I thought…I thought, you know, that you two would get together?”

Shownu paused, Miyoung could see that he was contemplating. But surely, he can’t see through all her thoughts, right?

I mean, she can’t be that easy to read, right?

“What are you doing, Young-ah?” Shownu stopped walking and he faced her, Miyoung dropped her arm to her side.

“W—What?”

“What’s this all about? Are you asking me not to be friends with Sera too? Because your sister specifically gave me instructions.”

“Instructions?” Miyoung repeated, and then Shownu smiled and cupped her cheek.

“Minah told me not to go out with her.”

“As in…to not date her?” She blinked back at him, the male nodded back.

“Now, the other twin doesn’t seem like to approve of me being friends with Sera.” He said in a playful tone, but Miyoung knew that he had already somehow kind of pieced things together.

He can always read me. .

“It’s just…..I realized some things, oppa. And…it drives me mad that I didn’t know..I..” She stammered and looked away from him.

“You don’t have to tell me now, Miyoung. I won’t ask questions.”

“You’re not even curious?” She said, Shownu grinned at her, unfazed.

“I am. But, I know you won’t spill even if I ask you now.” He said as they reached his car, Miyoung stopped walking and looked at him.

“What?” Shownu asked her.

“I want to fix things, oppa.” Miyoung asked, she noticed Hyungwon’s car pulling over across them, Shownu followed her gaze.

“What things?” He asked, Miyoung shook her head.

“Just at least let me fix everything before I leave. So, please, don’t talk me out of it.”

Shownu’s forehead creased as Miyoung started to sidestep him.

“Miyoung, wait,” He reached for her arm, the girl faced him again.

“What’s going on? You and him…It..doesn’t~”

“I don’t think you’d want to know that, oppa. Trust me.” Miyoung said, Hyungwon slid down from the car and Shownu let go of her.

“Maybe I want to.” He replied, Miyoung frowned at him.

“You deserve better, oppa.” She said before turning away from him, Shownu watched as the girl crossed the street and got inside the Rolls Royce. Hyungwon gave the older male a small nod before driving away.

Shownu let out a shaky breath and got inside his car.

“It has to be you, Hwang Miyoung.”

 

 

 

Sehun made a face at his food while Jooheon eyed his sister and Sera.

“That…was intense.” Jooheon murmured, sensing his brother-in-law’s mood, Minah turned to him.

“I realized that Shownu oppa should be careful, Miyoung’s a married woman, and to a powerful family too. I don’t want any complications for him.” Sera said with a small smile, Minah remained silent on her seat.

“And you are?” Sehun spoke, Sera blinked at him, confused.

“Excuse me?”

“What are you to him?” Sehun asked as he picked up his fork, Jooheon looked away and grimaced.

“Sehun-ah, should we order cheesecake?” Minah asked, wanting to keep the peaceful mood. She could sense that something was bothering her fiancé, and if she was honest with herself, she knew what Sera did earlier was wrong.

“Aren’t you a complication too? You keep on holding on to him when he clearly wants to be let go. Or wants nothing to do with you.” Sehun leaned back on his seat and pushed his plate away from him.

“Sehun, I~”

“I know I should feel bad for you since you just lost your place, and your car. But, I don’t think it’s right for you to boldly march up to Miyoung like that when she was the one who helped you out back in our teen years. I hope you don’t forget,” Sehun took out his keys from his pocket and pushed it towards Jooheon.

“The reason why I’ve been tolerating you is because Miyoung has always reminded me to be nice to other entities. And, the only reason why my fiancé and Jooheon are even here, is because of her too. Because she made the mistake of being friendly to an outcast like you,” Sehun stood up from his seat.

“But then I don’t have to anymore.” Sehun chuckled and then he leaned down to kiss the side of Minah’s head.

“Drive your sister home.” He said to Jooheon before leaving their table, the younger male nodded back with a smile.

“Minah, don’t misunderstand, I was simply looking out for the both of them.” Sera quickly said.

“I know those two are working together, and I simply thought that it was careless of them to be alone at night and with people watching them too.”

Minah’s eyes were on Sehun as he left the restaurant. Her forehead creased, she knew Sehun may be the type to nag, but he was always the reasonable one. He was never going to put up with crap too. Not the type to tolerate bull.

She faced Sera again, she exhaled.

“Sera, those two have always been friends. And, Shownu sunbae is like family to us, I don’t see why you had to get all heated up and talk to my sister like that.”

Jooheon halted in midchew.

“And to be honest, I think you have bigger problems here. So,” Minah called for the waiter and asked for their tab.

“Leave the two of them alone. You should know by now,” The eldest Hwang stood up and Jooheon hurriedly finished his meal.

“People don’t survive my sister’s bad side.”

 

 

 

“Can I ask what…you two decided on?” Miyoung said as she leaned against the counter with her coffee in hand, Hyungwon looked up from his breakfast.

“We have decided to actually speak with a child psychiatrist first, to…help us with the situation. Of course, we do need your help too. If that’s..okay as well.”

“Of course, you didn’t need to ask.” Miyoung said to him, Hyungwon nodded and smiled.

“So, co-parenting, it is?”

“Yes.”

“I’m happy that you two are finally talking, H one.” She said as she sat beside him, Hyungwon gave her a small shrug.

“And, thanks for actually reading my text last night.”

“You and him, Miyoung.” Hyungwon said, the girl’s forehead creased.

“I think it will work, I mean the guy looks at you as if he~”

“No. Don’t.” She murmured as she picked up her utensils.

“Miyoung, I don’t want you to think that you can’t go to him because of Eunyoung and I. You will always be a part of our lives, but, you have sacrificed so much for the two of us. I just want you to be happy.”

Miyoung exhaled and looked away from her food.

“Anyway, I got Eunyoung an advanced birthday present, but she’s not of legal age yet, so I’m going to need you to sign,” She stood up and got a folder from her Hermes purse, Hyungwon grew confused.

“These.” She said as she pushed the documents to him.

“What is it?” He asked as he pulled the papers towards him, Hyungwon paused and blinked at her.

“You got her…a condominium..complex?”

“It’s good investment, right?”

“For a five year old?” Hyungwon said, his tone dry.

“It’s hers. Just take it. I have a meeting in a bit, I’ll see you tonight.” She said as she stood up, Hyungwon reached for her left hand and kissed the back of her wrist.

“Thank you, and please drive safely.” He said to her, Miyoung rolled her eyes and headed out of the house. The girl slipped inside her Audi and her phone started to ring.

“Vice president,”

“I got your email. Have you clarified it?” She said as she stepped on the gas and drove out of the property, her lips curled up.

“Yes, would you like me to set a meeting with the previous owner? He says he’d like to speak with you personally.”

“Sure.” Miyoung said with a smile, she paused when she noticed two familiar cars drive past her. A silver GTR, Jooheon’s and and Aston Martin DB11, Sehun’s. She slowed down and saw the two vehicles approach the Chae residence.

“They know what I’m up to now, I might as well finish this thing.” She chuckled as she sped away from their neighborhood.

 

 

 

Miyoung was comfortably seated on her chair, she was staring at the faint line across her left wrist, she grimaced.

I can’t stay long, not like this.

She sat up, and let out shaky breath. The girl made her way towards the glass panels and stared at the view of downtown Seoul offered her.

“Does he know about Hyungwon and I? About Eunyoung?” Miyoung murmured to herself, everything with Shownu was confusing. He was always going to be her weakness. He was always the one who could read her, even though he didn’t know the details, Son Hyunwoo always knew. Because that how he was, straightforward and always unfazed Shownu.

“Just at least let me fix everything before I leave. So, please, don’t talk me out of it.”

“Miyoung, wait,”

“What’s going on? You and him…It..doesn’t~”

“I don’t think you’d want to know that, oppa. Trust me.”

“Maybe I want to.”

“You deserve better, oppa.”

“He does. He deserves better.” Miyoung exhaled, she was about to get her phone when the doors suddenly burst open, her eyes widened, seeing Sera in her office. Her secretary came running, but Miyoung gave him a small wave, signaling for him to go.

“I don’t think we have business together. Son Hyunwoo’s not here.” Miyoung humored, Sera scoffed at her.

“Do you think this is fun? You’re just toying with him, Miyoung, like you always have.” Sera spat, Miyoung’s brows went up.

“You don’t scare me. You’re simply a spoiled brat who always caused trouble for him. You wouldn’t have achieved anything if it weren’t from your family.”

“Wow, that’s pretty brave of you. Me? Causing trouble?” Miyoung chuckled as she leaned against her desk, she could see how Sera was already pink.

“I don’t know what you’re up to, but please let him go. You’ve done enough, Miyoung. You’re already married.”

Miyoung’s lips quirked up.

“What if I want to play? What if he’ll bite and I’d win all over again, just like before.” She pointed out, Sera flinched at her words.

“I think he’ll still choose me, I’m willing to bet on it. I mean, he’d still be friends with me and not to talk to you.” She winked at her.

“I hope you don’t forget why he almost died. Weren’t you the one who forced him to do that jump? Just because you thought it was going to be fun?” Sera taunted, Miyoung paused, her jaw clenched and unclenched.

“It’s true! He almost died because of you. Because of your recklessness! It has always been your fault!” Sera hollered at the girl and then she screamed as the crystal vase on the coffee table suddenly flew across the room and crashed against the wall behind her.

“Say that again.” Miyoung hissed as she stepped towards her.

“My recklessness?” She repeated, Sera noticed how tears had lined the other girl’s eyes.

“I loved him. He has always been important to me. And it wasn’t just some petty crush or obsession. I would have done everything to keep him safe. Why? Because he has always kept me sane, he was the one who understood me.”

“You don’t love him, you are in love with the thought of owning him, Miyoung. Because Sehun isn’t yours anymore, you needed the distraction!”

“Let’s just say that, I’m going to accept your words. But at least, I was never as desperate as you are. Remember? You were a friendless loser before I decided to take you on. You probably saw that as an in, and decided to set your sights on him. But it would never work, want to know why?”

“Because you have always been the biggest .” Sera pointed out, Miyoung rolled her eyes.

“Even if I did not exist, he wouldn’t choose you. He’s not into you, accept it and move on, friendless loser.”

Sera was about to grab the girl’s hair, but Miyoung was suddenly out of her reach and now she was standing before Shownu.

“What are you doing?” He questioned, Miyoung was tucked right behind him, his fingers curling around her wrist.

“Oppa, you can’t side with her. You almost died because of her! This all part of her plan, she’s just playing you~”

“And I’m going to let her.” Shownu cut her off, Sera’s eyes widened in shock.

“So, please, stop this. You’re the only one who’s holding onto the past now, we’ve all moved on, Sera.”

“Oppa, I~”

“Leave.”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++