007

Untitled

 

 

 

Sehun looked up as Minah walked in the dining hall, she was already dressed for work. A Balmain pant suit and a white silk sleeveless top inside.

“Let me guess, meetings?” Sehun smiled as he poured her a cup of coffee, Minah made a face but she leaned over to kiss his cheek.

“I might have to cancel lunch with you. I want to close this deal before midweek. I don’t want to attend another conference with SW Group.”

“I thought you said that you just needed to do the signing.” Sehun spoke, the girl shook her head and picked up her utensils.

“They’re being too nitpicky. I don’t know. But,” She smiled as she put sugar in her coffee.

“It’s nice to have friends over, huh? We should do that when we move.” She spoke, Sehun nodded back.

“Jooheon still doesn’t like how we’re going to leave him all alone here.” Sehun mused as he finished his toast.

“But, what do you think about Sera and Shownu sunbae finally getting together? Do you think he’ll propose soon?” Minah asked, Sehun’s brows rose, he picked up his coffee and took a long sip.

“What’s this? Do you know something I don’t?” Minah grew curious, Sehun put his cup down and faced her.

“No. I know nothing.”

“But what was that look?” She asked, Jooheon walked in, he was just back from a run.

“Good morning soon to be married people, please do not leave the house.” He said jokingly as he took his seat.

“I just think you she shouldn’t be keeping her hopes us.” Sehun said, Jooheon looked at the male.

“Who?”

“Sera.” Sehun replied, Miyoung pursed her lips and put her coffee down.

“Why?”

“No reason. That’s why, it’s better if you stop encouraging, my dear fiancé. That’s all.”

“Do you think he’s still not over Miyoung?”

Jooheon looked up from his plate, and nodded. Sehun glanced at him and he chuckled.

“If he really wants to marry Sera, he would have asked her to marry him years ago. We all know how Shownu hyung is.”

 

 

 

Miyoung was barefoot as she walked towards the floor-length windows, she watched below as cars went by.

She was bored.

She wanted to go out, but it seemed to risky.

She turned away from the windows and finished her coffee, she put mug down and walked to the living room.

Her iPad pinged and she flipped the case open. Sehun had sent her an email.

You know, it seems like you forgot where I work. -Sehun

Her brows rose and she smiled.

You mean what kind of company you own. And yes, I did land a couple of few days back.

Miyoung leaned back on the couch, she knew Sehun would find out. It’s one of the not so perks of having a friend whose family owns an airline company.

I didn’t tell anyone. Yet. But you better show yourself at some point, Miyoung. -Sehun

She chewed on the insides of her cheeks and leaned on her knees. Another email came, she opened it.

You know how to contact me, call when you’re ready. Welcome home. I missed you. Minah does too. -Sehun

She let out a small laugh and typed in a short reply, the girl stood up and walked to her room. She the TV as she rummaged through her closet, she took out one of her favorite Balmain long coats and a dress. She laid the clothes on the bed and looked at the screen.

“It was reported just last night that Lotte Holdings and ShinHan Financial Group have both acquired DooSan Banking. This said move on both companies is set to bring in more investments and clients will~”

Miyoung paused, she looked at the screen as the anchor continued to talk.

“ShinHan Financial Group’s current vice chairman, Son Hyunwoo will be the one to~”

A clip of a familiar face appeared on the screen, Miyoung stopped moving , her forehead creased and she sighed.

Miyoung picked up the remote and switched the TV off, she walked towards the bathroom and took a shower.

 

 

 

“It feels like it’s been ages since we had lunch like this.”

Shownu smiled at his mother as their food was being served, his father nodded and leaned back on his chair.

“It’s been a busy week for you, huh, son?” Mr. Son spoke.

“Yes, abeoji. But, fortunately, Lotte is very cooperative regarding the acquisition. I don’t think we’ll be having any problems.”

“No, no, you two. Let’s not talk about work. Hyunwoo, you are always at the office and you never go out to see your friends.” Mrs. Son sighed at him their wine was being poured, Mr. Son chuckled at his son and raised his palms in surrender.

“Okay, no talk about work.” He mused at his wife.

“What do you want to ask, eomma? You look like you have a lot questions.” Shownu teasingly said as he picked up his utensils.

“Sera. I want to ask about her,” Mrs. Son asked excitedly, Shownu nodded back at her.

“What’s going on between you two? Are the rumors, son?”

Mr. Son glanced at his son briefly, truthfully, both he and his wife had no idea what was going on between him and the Yoo young lady. Shownu only invited her at a company event once and their son didn’t formally introduce the girl to them.

“We’re okay, eomma.” Shownu carefully said, but his forehead was creasing.

“Really? But people are saying that~”

“It’s not like that, eomma.” Shownu said before his mother could continue, Mr. Son paused, sensing his son’s discomfort.

“But, she’s always around you, son. The girl probably likes you. If I recall correctly, when you were..recuperating from the terrible accident she was always there.”

Shownu looked at his place and faced his parents.

“It’s not like that. Sera’s just a friend, and I would really like it if you didn’t listen to those baseless rumors.”

 

 

 

Miyoung leaned her head back, her phone started to ring and she immediately answered.

“How are you doing?” Hyungwon asked.

“I’m…off to meeting Sehun.”

“The best friend, and soon to be brother-in-law, that’s good.”

“Can’t you talk me out of it?”

Hyungwon chuckled and she smiled.

“Eunyoung’s still up. She says she wants to talk to you. But,”

“But, what?”

“Did I not tell you that Minhyuk’s in town?” He said, Miyoung’s brows rose at the mention of Hyunwogn best friend and Eunyoung’s godparent.

“Like, here? In Seoul?”

“Yes, I asked him to check on you. Don’t hate me. I know you tend to just hide in the house, but some sun will do you well, babe.”

“You want me to babysit him?” She sighed, Hyungwon laughed.

“I’ll have Eunyoung call you later, she’s still quite busy with cartoons. Call me if something happens.”

Miyoung hummed back and put her phone back in her Birkin, she pressed her palm against the car’s window and exhaled.

“I’m starting to regret this.” Miyoung murmured as the Range Rover pulled to a halt, she looked at the restaurant and let out a small sigh.

“Please don’t hesitate to call me when you already feel like going home, ma’am.”

She faced the driver and thanked him, Mrs. Chae slid down from the car and walked towards the building. Miyoung ran her fingers through her hair, she squared her shoulders and was about to reach for the doors when she heard someone speak behind her.

“I almost didn’t recognize you with all the black you’re wearing.”

The girl froze, recognizing the voice all too well, she turned and there he was.

“S—Sehun-ah,”

Sehun broke into a smile and he walked towards her.

“I thought I was already late.” She blurted out, Sehun chuckled before enveloping her in a hug.

“It’s been so long, Miyoung-ah.” He murmured, Miyoung hugged him back, fresh tears lined her eyes.

“I can’t believe you’re marring my sister, it even took you years just to ask her out.” She murmured, Sehun let out a chuckle and let go of her.

“You want to talk about years? How about the five of them when you were gone and didn’t even text?”

Miyoung’s eyes narrowed, but she was smiling.

“Don’t worry, I won’t be asking questions. I just wanted to see you and make sure you’re okay. And,” Sehun pursed his lips and buried his hands in his pockets.

“Sehun, what are we~”

Miyoung peeked from Sehun’s shoulder and her eyes widened.

“N—Noona!” Jooheon almost tripped on the pavement, Miyoung swallowed and glared at Sehun.

“H—Honey,”

“You traitor!” Jooheon stabbed one finger at her direction and pouted.

“Now, since I was being mature about things, deal with your baby brother.” Sehun chuckled before going inside the restaurant.

“J—Jooheon-ah, I~”

“How could you do this to me, noona?” Jooheon whined at her, Miyoung swallowed.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++