004

Untitled

 

 

 

Hyungwon glanced up from the TV as his wife walked in, she was already dressed for bed.

“Have you decided?” He asked as she plopped down beside him, he noticed how she had a frown on her face.

“It’s my sister and my best friend.”

“Well, if you decide to I’m game. Do you need me to come with you?”

Miyoung exhaled and she looked at her palms, Hyungwon muted the TV and made the girl face him.

“I understand that you aren’t ready to fly home yet, but this is bothering you a lot, Miyoung-ah. And like you said, it’s your sister and your best friend getting married. I’m sure they’d love to see you even if you can’t stay long.” Hyungwon softly spoke, Miyoung pursed her lips.

“I probably need at least two weeks max, I’m the bridesmaid.”

Hyungwon smiled and brought his left wrist to his lips.

“I can make time for that.”

“Five years, Hyungwon. I…just I will always did think that I would never have to fly back.” She sighed at him.

“So, should I start making arrangements? I have to talk to Jane about this.”

Miyoung halted, Hyungwon was about to type on his phone but she put her hand over the screen.

“Let’s take her with us.”

“Miyoung-ah~”

“It’s fine, I don’t want to hide her from my family.”

 

 

 

Jooheon was smiling as he walked in the restaurant, he spotted Minah and Sehun and walked towards them.

“Noona,” He greeted the girl and kissed the top of her head before sitting down.

“It’s good to see you, Jooheon-ah. You’ve been so busy lately.” Sehun commented.

“I had to fly to Japan last week, abeoji needed me to check on one of our offices there. How are the preparations going along?”

“Things are going well, but your sister,” Sehun spoke with a smile, Jooheon’s eyes went to Minah.

“Not me, the other one.” She said dryly. Jooheon flinched and looked away, he picked up the menu instead.

“Did..she reply back?”

“No. My very own twin sister refuses to even acknowledge that she received my invitation. But she opened a text message from him.” Minah stabbed a finger at Sehun’s direction, Jooheon’s brows rose.

“I sent it using a different number.” Sehun mused, Jooheon chuckled.

“Still! She opened a stranger’s message, but not mine!” Minah argued as someone came to take their order.

“Five years, I let her be for five years. I don’t even know what she’s doing there or where she’s staying. Even our parents don’t know what to do with her!”

“Minah,” Sehun reached for her hand.

“I worry too, the least she can do is call back.” She said begrudgingly.

“Noona, I’m sure Miyoung noona is already thinking about it. It’s you and Sehun, her twin sister and her best friend. I’m sure she’ll come.”

“She has to. She’s my bridesmaid, if she can’t make it you’ll be the one doing it in her stead.”

Jooheon balked at her, Sehun laughed.

“Now, you have a new job, Honey. Have her come home.” Minah stated as she picked up her glass of juice.

“Do..Do I even have a say in this?” Jooheon mumbled under his breath.

“Obviously, no. She’s the boss here.” Sehun whispered back at him, Minah ignored the two.

 

 

 

“We’ll be there in a few days. Don’t worry, I’ll give her Lucky Charms.” Hyungwon rolled his eyes as they walked inside the airport’s private lounge. Eunyoung was already standing by the candy display.

“It’s fine, I just…you’ll be there, right?” Miyoung started to tug on the sleeves of her turtleneck, Hyungwon nodded back at her before enveloping the girl in a hug.

“I know this stresses you out a lot, and you can still back down from this, Miyoung-ah.” He murmured, but the girl shook her head.

“It’s a family event. I have to be there, I just…really need you to be there as well. You and Eunyoung.”

Hyungwon nodded and the girl pulled away from him.

“We’ll be flying in via private plane, so we’ll get there faster. I would have prepared the plane for you, but you~”

“It’s fine. I know you don’t like flying commercial, but I’m cool with it.” She shrugged at him, Hyungwon chuckled and kissed her left wrist.

“Call me once you land, Eunyoung-ah,” He waved their toddler over, the girl smiled and jumped into Miyoung’s arms.

“I’ll see you when daddy and I get to Seoul, mommy.”

I’ll pick you up at the airport, I can’t wait to show you around my hometown.” Miyoung kissed her cheek and set her down.

Soon, her flight was being called, after one last hug from her husband and child, Miyoung made her way towards the counter and a flight attendant ushered her towards the first class seat. The girl sat down and opened her iPad again. Sehun had emailed her their guest list.

I know you won’t reply, because that’s how you are as a person. But, have a look at this and inform me if there’s someone you’d like to invite as well. I hope I get to see you before we tie the knot, Miyoung-ah.

She opened the file and went through the names, and then she froze on her seat. He was even part of the VVIP list.

Of course, he’s one of Hwang Minah’s closes friends.

She looked away from the screen before tpying in a reply.

Got your email. Can I have two plus ones? If that make sense. I know you miss me, you idiot.

She was about to shut the iPad close, but it pinged.

Wow, so you do have Internet where you live. I’ll tell our organizer that you have two more people with you. When are you arriving?

Miyoung smiled, she did miss Sehun. A lot.

She sent him a smiley emoji and shut her iPad close.

 

 

 

Minah walked in her office with her secretary informing her of her meetings, she nodded along as she sat down.

“I’ll meet representative So this afternoon then, after~” Her phone started to ring, she looked at the device and she paused.

“I’ll have to take this, you can go.”

The lady left the room, Minah pursed her lips before answering.

“Sunbae,” She spoke, she could almost see him smile from the other end.

“I got your invitation, I know you provided a contact number for RSVP but, I wanted to hear your voice and congratulate you myself.”

She smiled and walked towards the window.

“Will you be coming, sunbae?”

“I am.”

“Will Sera be joining you?” She asked, Shownu chuckled.

“You invited her?”

“Sunbae, word of you being engaged soon is already flying around, it’s only polite if I do invite her. That’s…okay, right?”

“O—of course. How are things, Minah?”

Minah paused at his words, sensing its double meaning. He was asking about her.

Miyoung.

“Things…are okay, I think. I still have no idea what she’s up to.” She softly said, Shownu grew quiet.

“Sunbae, how about we meet up? All of us, Jooheon and Sehun too. Even our friends from the swim team.” She excitedly said.

“I’d like that, Minah. Your place?”

“Tomorrow night, my place then. See you, sunbae. Bring Sera too.”

“Okay, enjoy your day, Mrs. Oh.”

Minah put her phone down and she went back to her seat, she opened her laptop and browsed through her photos.

And then she found it. She had taken the exact photo, it was during their graduation. Everyone was all smiles, Miyoung was on Shownu’s back with her arms around him, Sehun and Jooheon were at the back, making funny faces with their graduation caps on.

“If only things worked out. If only.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++