029

Untitled

 

 

 

“Hmm.” Hyungwon murmured as he looked at the documents before him, his secretary nodded at him.

“Are you sure?”

“All the information there is certain, sir. It is true that the huge amount of cash that was transferred to his account came from,”

“This account.” Hyungwon set the papers down, he was eyeing the group of digits on printed on them. His eyes went to the name beside the details, and the photos it came with.

“So, it’s true then. It’s what I’ve always thought.” He stated, his secretary nodded back at him.

“She paid this man, the one who runs the bungee jump place. And, what did he do in return for her?” Hyungwon’s tone turned icy as he started to take photos of the documents, his secretary could only nod back in reply.

“He loosened the screws on the equipment so that when Miyoung jumped, it would up, right?”

“Yes, sir.”

“But, she didn’t expect that he would join her. Son Hyunwoo, the man she’s always been obsessed with.”

“A lot of their schoolmates were aware of miss Yoo’s infatuation with vice chairman Son, sir. Since their high school years, that is.”

Hyungwon exhaled and put his phone down.

“She wanted to get rid of Miyoung, so that she could have him. I..have no words. She almost killed them.”

“Sir, with this~”

“With this, if Miyoung ever finds out what she did, she’s done for. A quick hit. But, if we bring this to her best friend,”

“Sir, she’s Yoo Estate’s daughter, still, it might cause~”

“I’d like to pretend that I’m intimidated by that, but I’m not. She hurt Miyoung. I’ll make sure this is taken care of.” Hyungwon stood up and picked up his coat.

“Cancel my meetings tomorrow, I have to meet Sehun. He’ll love this.”

 

 

 

Sehun was smiling as Minah walked in his office, he stood up and greeted her with a quick hug.

“So, I got a call today.”

“Really? I hope the wedding organizer isn’t giving you a headache.” Sehun said as the girl opted to sit on his chair.

“Oh no, it wasn’t miss Song or her team. But, it was Sera.” Minah didn’t miss how her fiancé’s lips curled up, she sighed at him.

“What are you doing? She was humiliated at the private lounge, people were watching.”

“You saw it yourself, you said she was speaking in this very harsh manner with Miyoung.”

“Y—Yes, I witnessed that.”

“Well, she called you so that we’d reactivate her membership? I didn’t do that.” Sehun said, Minah tilted her head at him.

“Well, it wasn’t just me. And, why do we even have to be nice to her?”

“Sehun, what did you do?” Minah asked him, Sehun made a show of rolling his eyes before speaking.

“I…had some things checked, and some of these things..weren’t adding up. But, promise me that you’ll let me see through this first. You already have so much in your plate as it is.” Sehun turned serious, Minah’s forehead creased but she let him continue.

“I’m..trying to find out what really happened. Actually, it’s not just me. Of course, I couldn’t have Yoo Sera’s VIP membership perks cancelled on my own.”

“I know, someone messed with her bank accounts and funds.”

“I got help.”

“From who? I doubt Hyunwoo sunbae would help you.”

“She doesn’t only bank with them, and it’s the White Lotus Lounge.” Sehun replied, Minah paused, she fidgeted with the strap of her watch.

“The Chaes.”

“Your brother-in-law’s family. Yes.”

“So, you got Hyungwon into this? You’re crazy.” Minah murmured, Sehun smiled at her.

“Trust me, it’s going to be fine. And, Miyoung doesn’t have to know.”

“She will kill you.”

“For Sera? Miyoung sacrificing me over Yoo Sera? I doubt.”

Minah sighed at him and spun the chair to windows.

“Well, you have a point.”

 

 

 

Hyungwon ran his fingers through his hair as he stepped out of his office, Eunyoung was still at school, and he was planning to pick her up after fetching Miyoung from the airport.

The elevator doors opened before him and he made his way across the lobby, he saw his car already waiting for him outside. He was in the process of getting his phone from his coat pocket, when he felt someone’s gaze on him.

“Hyungwon-ah,”

The tall male halted, his brows slowly went up. Hyungwon’s forehead creased and he turned around, he took a step back.

“Y—You,” He stammered, the girl gave him a small smile.

“It’s been a while.”

“Why are you here?”

“It’s been over two years since I transferred here, I should be asking you that. You…said you would never come home.” She said as she walked towards him, Hyungwon flinched but he peeled his gaze away from her.

“I have pressing matters to take care of here.” Hyungwon said to her, the girl slowly nodded back at him.

“I know you all are here.”

Hyungwon’s fingers tightened around his car’s key fob.

“I’m ready to talk now.” She said to him, the male shook his head.

“Look, I can’t~”

“Does she know?” She asked him.

“What~”

“Does she know about me?”

 

 

 

Miyoung pressed her palms together as she stepped out of the private hangar’s doors, her forehead rose as Hyungwon’s Cayenne was nowhere to be found.

“Sir, your car keys.”

She heard Shownu walking behind her, Miyoung puffed her cheeks, she took out her phone and checked her messages.

Nothiing from her husband.

She tried calling him but it went to his voicemail, Miyoung sighed, she was about to head back inside the hangar when a hand reached to her elbow.

“Is something wrong?” Shownu asked her with a small frown on his face, Miyoung sighed before speaking.

“My ride’s not yet here, and I asked Hyungwon to come and~”

“Then, I can drive you home. We’re going to the same route anyway.” Shownu offered, Miyoung’s brows went up.

Chae Hyungwon, did you just forget about me?

“Oppa, it’s fine. I can wait inside, I’m sure he’s just running late.” Miyoung murmured, but he shook his head at her.

“Miyoung-ah, I can’t leave you here. Soon, they’re closing up the hangar, and it’s just going to be you and the repair staff.” Shownu stated as he gestured for the girl to follow him.

“Oppa, it really is okay. I can stay at the lounge upstairs and~”

“If your sister finds out that I left you here, what would happen to me? Do you think I’d live to tell the tale?” He said with a warm smile, Miyoung’s forehead creased.

“It’s just a car ride, Young-ah. We agreed to be friends.”

“I know, oppa. I just…I don’t want to be a burden.”

He grinned and opened the Audi’s door for her, Miyoung looked at the older male and her lips curled up.

“You’re going to say how I’m not a burden, huh?”

“Not really, but having Hwang Minah breathing down my neck for leaving you here will be a burden.”

“Of course, Hwang Minah is the boss.” Miyoung said as she slid inside the car, Shownu gently shut the door and turned his back to the car.

He puffed his cheeks and let out a big sigh.

“We...can be friends. I suggested that.” He mumbled to himself as he walked around the vehicle.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++