044

Untitled

 

 

 

Miyoung’s fingers hovered over the keyboard of her computer, she pressed her lips together and pulled away from the screen and stood up. She could not focus on anything, and she still had a couple of more meetings before ending the day. She sighed while picking up her jacket, thinking that maybe some fresh air and coffee would do her good.

Shem made her way towards the elevator and waited for the doors to open, she was about to step in when her mother appeared before her.

“Eomma,” The girl froze, the elder sighed and waved for her to step inside the machine, the other employees politely evacuated the machine.

“Eomma, I~”

“Don’t even start. Your siblings came to me this morning, your sister is pissed beyond words. I don’t know how to stop her if she ever does something. And Jooheon…Jooheon is worried.”

“Yes?”

The doors opened again and they arrived at the building’s rooftop garden, the two women sat down on one of the white benches. Miyoung pressed her palms together before speaking.

“Why is he worried?”

“He likes being Eunyoung’s uncle. He wants to know if he’d still be her uncle despite you and Hyungwon~”

“Eomma, I can explain about the Hyungwon thing.” Miyoung halted, the elder sighed at her and shook her head.

“I have no words, Hwang Miyoung. What were you thinking? Faking a marriage and~”

“Hyungwon and I met at a time when I was…going through some difficulties. He..was the only friend I…could trust that time. Eomma, he…helped me. And,”

“Minah mentioned that he was raising her as a single father that time.”

Miyoung nodded and looked at her palms.

“Yes, Eunyoung..in a way, saved me, eomma. And, if you’re going to ask about people addressing me as Mrs. Chae, we didn’t really plan it. They just started calling me that, and I figured that it would..keep me safe. I needed to…I wanted to stay hidden, and being his wife kind of gave me that. I’m sorry, eomma.” Miyoung looked up, not wanting her tears roll down.

“That, I’m not even mad, Miyoung. I don’t understand why..why you wanted to be out of reach. And, I know you won’t talk about it.”

“Eomma, he almost died because of me. Because, I~”

“When are you going to stop blaming yourself for that? That boy…No, our Hyunwoo..from the moment I saw how he looks at you, darling, I knew he’d be the one for you.”

Miyoung looked away, her fingers still shaking.

“I was told about that Yoo girl. What a manner less ingrate!” Mrs. Lee continued and shook her head, she stood up.

“You shouldn’t have helped her out! You should have just let her be and suffer throughout~”

“Eomma, please.” Miyoung reached for her hand and gently tugged her back to the seat.

“Well, I hope your sister does something about it, I don’t want to see her ever again.”

Miyoung remained silent and chewed on the insides of her cheeks.

“I’m not mad, no need to look at me like you’re about to cry again.” She said as she sat down and faced her daughter, the lady cupped Miyoung’s cheeks.

“I’m thankful that you went back to us healthy and, I can say, happy, right?”

“I was angry for a bit, but…I guess.” Miyoung muttered, her mother broke into a smile.

“But, I wish…I wish you’d think about…” Her mother paused, Miyoung could see how she was trying to put words together.

“Is this about “our Hyunwoo”? Or, do you have questions?”

Her mother smiled and kissed her cheek.

“Don’t push him away, darling.”

 

 

 

“This is unfair. So unfair.” Minah spat as she leaned back on her chair and crossed her arms, Shownu remained quiet, and he was going through the documents Sehun had handed them earlier.

Oh Sehun was also smart to leave the two best friends to themselves. Minah’s temper was quite something, and Sehun knew Shownu was not in a good mood as well.

“She…She was lying to our faces, sunbae. All these years, she was pretending that she knew nothing and she..even asked me a lot of times how Miyoung was doing and all.” The girl shuddered and left her seat, Shownu’s forehead creased, he was staring at his phone, which was lying on the table across him.

“And I feel so bad…for thinking that since Miyoung left…I simply assumed that you…you’ve moved on.”

Shownu’s eyes went to her.

“I was actually cheering her on, sunbae. I knew..I knew that she liked you, but I thought..she would never act on it before, and that…” She trailed off, her lower lip quivered.

“What do you want to do?” Shownu finally spoke, the girl’s brows went up, a little surprised at his tone.

“Do?”

“She hurt your sister, what shall we do?” Shownu leaned back on his seat and undid his tie and put it away.

“Oppa, you got hurt too. I thought…you were going to call in your lawyers or something.”

“That can happen later,” Shownu replied, Minah looked at him.

“Miyoung exposed her, but that…Sera is still trying to contact me. I had to leave my phone at the house. She wouldn’t stop calling.”

“I lost Miyoung because of her.” Shownu said, Minah paused and she looked away.

“But, sunbae, back then…if Sera told you about how she felt, would you..would you have,” She trailed off, at a loss for words.

“No. Even if Miyoung hadn’t left after the accident, I wouldn’t.”

“Oh.”

Shownu leaned over to get his phone and tapped on the screen.

“It’s always going to be her, huh?”

“Yes.” Shownu’s reply was simple, Minah smiled and nodded.

“Do you want me to take care of it? Or, do you have something in mind?” He said as he raised his phone towards his friend.

“You didn’t lose her, sunbae.”

Shownu pressed his lips together, Minah could see that he had a lot on his mind.

“I’ll take care of it then.” He said as he stood up and left the room. Minah puffed her cheeks and leaned against the windows, she crossed her arms and stared at the cloudless sky before her.

“He’s angry too.” She murmured to herself.

“Should I be worried?” Minah glanced at Shownu’s empty seat again.

“Hmm, I can’t stop him. No one can.” She chuckled to herself, a few seconds later she saw Shownu’s Audi speeding away from the building.

“He’s going to destroy her. Go best friend!”

 

 

 

“I see how this may have backfired. A little.” Sehun commented while walking towards the girl, Miyoung turned her head and smiled at him. She was doing some shopping for Eunyoung.

“You did what you were planning. Exposing her like that, but, why….why didn’t you go bigger? Like, handing out all those papers to the media and completely destroying her?” He asked as he took the cart from her.

“I wanted to.”

“So, why didn’t you?”

“I don’t want to be like her. I think..exposing all the things that she did, I’m sure our lawyers would do something about it”

“Yes, they are already preparing to sue.”

“But, I realized, I have so much to explain, you know. Hyungwon and I. Hyungwon, Eunyoung and myself. And, the whole arrangement we have.”

“You sound confused.” Sehun said, the girl glanced at him.

“Like you’ve been tossed off the tracks or something.” Sehun continued to push the cart.

“Ah.”

Sehun broke into a grin and offered one arm to her, Miyoung hooked arms with him.

“You may not have completely destroyed Sera, but she got hurt.”

“I know, I~”

“Not that. Shownu hyung completely rejected her at the party. People were listening too.”

“Wh—What did he say?”

Sehun chuckled and helped her reach the box of cereals.

“He was only nice to Sera because you asked him to.”

Miyoung paused, her brows went up.

“Looking back, it probably was the case. None of us really knew her till you helped her out and became her friend. That time, hyung was still..in the process of trying to get to know you.”

Miyoung grimaced and padded away from him, Sehun chuckled and quickened his pace.

“I mean, you were his target. He needed to be friends with everyone around Hwang Miyoung.” Sehun continued, wanting to annoy her, as usual.

“So, I totally believe Shownu hyung when he said that he only spoke to her because he had to. Not that he wanted to.”

“Hey!” Miyoung slapped his arm, Sehun let out a laugh.

“What’s bothering you?”

“Nothing.” She mumbled, Sehun rolled his eyes at her, the girl ran her fingers through her hair.

“We’ve been to this aisle four times, Young. How many boxes of cereals does your daughter consume in a week?”

Miyoung puffed her cheeks and stared at her cart.

“Things were…I had things figured out. Put Sera back in her place and that’s it. I was so angry, I thought I could just…you know, do it. Then move on.”

“Move on? You think I would not do anything? Your sister? Your Son Hyunwoo?” Sehun made a face at her.

“And, it’s..unfair how…how…” She trailed off and shook her head.

“Unfair? What is?”

Miyoung sighed and turned to her friend.

“It’s unfair how he..he can just say things and know I…I don’t know what to do.” She spat, Sehun paused and stared at her.

“What?”

“Before that all happened, we…he wanted to talk. And, I didn’t know that he’d..say those things and that’s why…I got…”

“Sidetracked?”

Miyoung exhaled and walked away from him, Sehun smiled and caught up with her again.

“What did hyung say?” Sehun nudged her shoulder, Miyoung pressed her lips together.

“Come on, I deserve to know too. I lost you for five years!”

“That does not relate to this!”

“Hwang Miyoung, it’s me, your best friend. Your ride or die.” Sehun nudged her again, Miyoung faced him and sighed.

“He wanted to know if he can start liking me again.”

Sehun broke into a smile.

“Well? What do you think that means, miss Hwang?”

“It means that you should get lost.” Miyoung grumbled and left him with the cart, Sehun grinned to himself and watched as his friend walked away.

“You can be sarcastic to me the whole day, but,” Sehun spoke as he caught up with the girl. He noticed how Miyoung’s forehead was creased.

“It’s always been him and you.”

“Sehun-ah, I may or may not be bad for him. I~”

“Bad? Miyoung, you have no idea how much you mean to him.”

Miyoung remained silent as they neared the cashier.

“And I’m pretty sure he’d do anything to protect you.”

 

 

 

Sera slid down from her car and looked at her parents’ home, her mother had been calling her nonstop and she had to cancel her meetings. She made her way towards the front door and was welcomed by her father’s secretary.

The older male looked troubled, Sera paused, seeing the look on his face.

“What’s going on?”

“The chairman and Mrs. Yoo are in the living room, they…have some guests.”

Sera nodded back at him, she took off her coat and quickly made her way towards the living room, she halted when she noticed the amount of strangers in the room. Her eyes went to her mother, the lady looked pale and she was chewing on her lower lip.

“Appa, eomma~”

“Say hi, this is attorney Eun and attorney Shin. They represent ShinHan Financial Group and Lotte Holdings.”

Sera paused, and then she was asked to sit down.

“What..What brings you here?”

“We’re here to inform you, miss Yoo. Well, we aren’t really required to do this, but given that you were once acquainted with the young master and vice chairman Hwang, both legal teams have decided to talk to you first.”

Sera’s eyes widened, she looked at her parents. Her father had remained still, but the way his eyebrows were knitted together made Sera worry even more.

“Can..I ask what~”

“Do you really need to ask? Don’t you know it yourself, daughter?” Her mother asked, not able to control her tone. Sera felt her insides her churn, her eyes went to the lawyers before her, and the other persons in their living room, they were all clad in tailored suits.

“Eomma, I~”

“Vice president Son handed these over yesterday,”

Sera stared at the photos before her, they were of her bank transactions from five years ago and print outs of her call records.

“We have proof that you were already in contact of the bungee park owner days before your party got there. And, we don’t have to explain regarding the proof of you transferring funds to the owner as payment.”

“I can explain, I~”

“You asked him to rig the equipment once it was miss Hwang Miyoung’s turn to jump. This resulted to the contraption cutting of the rope holding onto the both of them. Our director Hwang has suffered injuries from this incident, she had to stay at a hospital abroad for a few months.”

Sera couldn’t meet her parents’ eyes.

“And, regarding vice president Son, everyone knows what he went through since he stayed in the country. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you this, since you were always by his side during his recovery.” Attorney Eun said with a measured smile.

Mrs. Yoo exhaled and looked away.

“Y—You can’t do this, Miyoung already took our company, we barely have~”

“That does not relate to the two companies we represent. As for now, both families have officially cut ties with you.” The two lawyers stood up, Sera started panic.

“Wait, surely oppa and I can talk about this. You don’t have~”

“We’ll see you in court, miss Yoo.” Attorney Shin was curt as he picked up the documents and left the room, the other staff followed suit.

“Let me step out of the line, miss Yoo. I have seen you around the office quite a few times. And, I know that you were somewhat close with the vice president and his friends,” Attorney Eun begun.

“But what you did…just put not only you in danger, but your whole family as well. My boss…he is very angry. He’s gathered the whole legal team on this, Lotte Holdings too.”

Sera looked away.

“But, do you know this? Employees always talked about you,” The woman spoke as she gathered her things.

“They already knew that you…you were never going to be his choice. The vice president, it was quite obvious that he was never into you.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++