013

Untitled

 

 

 

Miyoung stepped out of the elevator and let out a sigh, she stepped down from her heels and left her purse on the center table and headed up steps.

“That was a mistake. Being here is a mistake.” She mumbled, she stopped moving and looked around her. Somehow the three story penthouse never felt so empty.

Her forehead creased.

He still looked the same, maybe he grew taller and leaner. But he still sounded like him.

He...was still Shownu.

She ran her fingers through her hair, and then she heard a distinct noise coming from the living room, the girl padded down again.

“H~”

“You see, the receptionist simply let me in when I told him that I was Hyungwon.” The handsome male casually said as he lounged on the couch, Miyoung let out a small chuckle.

“He did tell me you were in town.”

“I am trapped in town. But, it’s good to see you, Mrs. Chae.” He broke into a huge grin and stood up.

“It’s nice to see a familiar face.” Miyoung smiled before hugging the male, she plopped down beside him.

“How did your day go?”

“I met up with my sister and..just..that.” She murmured as she leaned back, the male glanced at her.

“Minhyuk-ah,” Miyoung began, the male turned to her.

“What is it?”

“I just realized how small Seoul is.”

Minhyuk let out a chortle and pushed the plate of kimbap to her.

“I brought some food over, that must the hunger speaking, Mrs. Chae.”

“I’ll go change into something comfortable. Does Hyungwon know you’re here?” She asked as she stood up.

“I texted him, he hasn’t responded yet.”

"He's probably busy then."

 

 

 

Minah was speaking with some of her friends when she felt a hand on her waist, she turned.

“What’s wrong?” She asked seeing the distress in Sehun’s face, the male gently pulled her aside.

“Y—You have to see this.”

Minah followed him to the doors and she froze. It was her sister and her-ex boyfriend.

They were talking.

“Oh my god.” Minah blurted out, she looked at her sister’s face and realized that the girl was frowning. In fact, Miyoung looked terrified of him.

“He wants to talk to her.” Sehun spoke behind her, and then Miyoung took a step back. Minah noticed a man approaching the girl, he spoke to the girl and with that, Miyoung turned away from Shownu.

“But why?” Minah said to herself. She looked up again and realized that Shownu was staring back at her.

“I’ll go…let you handle this. That’s your best friend.” Sehun murmured before disappearing through the crowd. Minah chewed on her lower lip, the older male looked so confused.

And hurt.

Back when they were younger, she’s always seen Son Hyunwoo as someone so calm and steady. He was never shaken or taken aback by things. That’s why they got along so well, he was fuss free Son Hyunwoo sunbae, captain of the swim team. The most patient human to ever exist.

But when it came to Miyoung, things were different.

Miyoung had always confused him. Hwang Miyoung was his weakness.

“S—Sunbae,” Minah blurted out as he reached him, she met his gaze and saw how shaken he was.

“She—She’s back.”

“It’s…It’s only been a couple of days. She’s…She’s…”

“For the wedding, of course.” Shownu swallowed, his forehead creased briefly.

“Sunbae,, I…I didn’t know if I was supposed to tell you. I just..”

“It’s okay, Minah. Please tell director Shin and his wife that I had to go.” Shownu said to her, he turned away from the girl.

“Sunbae, wait,” Minah reached for his arm, the male paused but he wouldn’t turn to meet her gaze.

“She’s alright. She told us that she’s been doing well…in New York.”

Shownu wordlessly nodded and walked away from her.

Minah watched as her friend left the party, she crossed her arms over her chest.

“He must have been so surprised.” Minah said, Shownu got on the escalator and his secretary followed him.

“How could she leave him like that? They…were so perfect.”

 

 

 

“You should appreciate the night life here, Miyoung. You can’t stay all cooped up in that castle Hyungwon has entrapped you in.”

“He didn’t entrap me there. I like staying in.” The girl stated as the Ferrari sedan eased out of the restaurant’s parking lot.

“How’s my godchild doing?”

“Good, but let’s talk about that gift you sent her.”

Minhyuk beamed at her.

“Why? It was her first day in a slightly bigger school, she should have something to remember it by.”

“An Hermes backpack.” Miyoung stated with a look on her face.

“For kids.” Minhyuk corrected her.

“Lee Minhyuk,”

“My godchild deserves only the best. Therefore, a very nice backpack.” He chuckled while drumming his fingers on the wheel.

“You know, coloring books or art sets would have been okay. Actually, they would’ve been better.”

“I don’t want to be a cliché type of godfather.” Minhyuk replied, the girl was about to talk but her phone started to ring. She pursed her lips as she saw her sister’s name on the screen.

“Hey, can you drop me off somewhere? My sister wants to hang out.”

“Yes, princess.” Minhyuk mused, Miyoung leaned back on her seat and she let out a small breath.

She’s going to talk about him.

It took them a few minutes to reach Sehun’s place, Miyoung bid Minhyuk good night and stepped down from the car.

Miyoung faced the building and she smiled, five years ago this place was empty. Sehun had purchased it during the university years with plans of building a place for himself. And now, he finally did. It was a three story modern looking building with an indoor garage, she made her way towards the front door and paused as an Audi drove out of the garage doors.

“What~”

“Good, you’re here.” Minah’s smiling face made her pause, Miyoung nodded back at her.

“The right thing would be that, I,” The older girl began as they stepped in the foyer, Miyoung let her eyes wander around.

“I should be asking you what happened back there, but I won’t.”

“Unnie, I..”

“We can discuss that later. I don’t want to interfere and, I’m pretty sure you don’t want to talk about it. Yet.”

“Yet.” Miyoung repeated with a small smile, Minah nodded and dragged her to the living room.

“I’ll give you a tour later, the owner left after getting this emergency work call. But here,” She plopped down on the carpeted floor and pointed towards the bunch of catalogues on the glass table.

“We’re looking at…” Miyoung trailed off as she recognized the magazines.

“Jewelry. We already have our wedding rings. But, Sehun’s parents are adamant about getting another set of…stones for the afterparty.”

“And, this…This…store is your other option? How about Tiffany or something from Harry~”

“No, no, that’s too predictable. And I’ve been following this brand for three years now. They are so good, even Beyonce is on their waiting list!”

The Duchess of Cambridge too, but not a lot of people know.

“A local brand from New York. H One Jewels.” Minah spoke as she pushed the catalogues onto her twin’s lap.

“I—I know, I’ve heard of them, unnie.”

I am so going to hell for this.

“That’s why, you’ve lived there. Maybe you know someone who…can help me out.” Miyoung excitedly said, Miyoung untied her ponytail to hide the earrings she had on. It was one of Hyungwon’s signature pieces.

“I—I can try, unnie. Can you show me which pieces you want?”

Minah squealed in delight and hugged the girl, Miyoung could only smile and pat her back.

“N—No promises though.”

“Still, something from H One Jewels would be perfect.”

 

 

 

Sehun was panting as he got inside the bar, one of the waiters recognized him.

“Sir,”

“Is he still here?” He asked while fixing his coat, he followed the waiter towards the more private area of the establishment and paused.

“Yes, sir.” The waiter grimaced slightly, and Sehun followed his gaze. He sighed as he walked towards him, Son Hyunwoo was was sitting alone by the bar. The bartender was looking at him while the male continued drinking.

“Hyung,” Sehun spoke as he took the stool next to the male, he nodded at the bartender.

“Hmm, you’re here.” Shownu turned to him, Sehun paused, the older male reeked of alcohol.

“How many glasses have you had?” Sehun spoke as he pulled the bottle of whiskey away from him, but Shownu wouldn’t let it go.

“I have a headache, Oh Sehun. Let me be.” He slurred, Sehun leaned back on his seat and his drink arrived. He looked at the male again and he frowned.

While they haven’t been friends for long, he could safely say that he knew Shownu well. And he wasn’t the type to drink like this.

And, he also had an idea why the older male was acting like this.

“What kind of headache is it?” Sehun asked before taking a sip from his drink, Shownu sat up and he wobbled a bit.

“I—wasn’t expecting that. I wasn’t expecting her.” He stated as he looked at his glass, his jaw clenched.

“We weren’t even expecting that she’d come home for the wedding.” Sehun replied, Shownu nodded and exhaled.

“I tried, Sehun.”

Sehun looked at him.

“I tried accepting the fact that she left me and she doesn’t want anything to do with me.” Shownu’s lower lip quivered, he poured whiskey on his glass again.

“I tried accepting that I wouldn’t miss her. And that even if she did come back, I wouldn’t be affected by it.”

“Hyung,” Sehun murmured, not knowing what to say.

Because, no one really knew what happened. And it frustrated Sehun enough, he could only imagine how the older male must be feeling.

Miyoung was his world.

“But seeing her again today, I realized that I’ve failed.” Shownu finished his drink and put his glass down.

“She~”

“Oppa?”

Sehun turned and saw Sera rushing up to them, his forehead creased.

“One of the waiters called me and said you might be needing help getting home.” Sera said as she sat down on the empty seat beside the older male, Shownu shook his head at her.

“Sehun’s already here. And I’m not that drunk.” Shownu said as he slid down from the chair, Sehun looked away.

“You were saying, hyung?” Sehu spoke again, Sera’s eyes went to him.

“You said you failed.”

Shownu’s forehead creased, but then he let out a small sad smile.

“I’m not over her. I never was.” He quietly said, he patted Sehun’s shoulder before moving away from them.

Sehun picked up his drink and finished it, he could still feel Sera’s gaze on him.

“What was that all about, Sehun-ah?”

“It seems like it’s the beginning of the end.” Sehun said to her, the girl paused, confused.

“Don’t worry, I’ll drive him home.” He brushed her off before jogging towards the older male, who was now leaning against one of the velvet seats at the center of the bar.

“Sera..didn’t really have to come here.” Shownu hiccupped as Sehun guided him to the doors.

“Hyung, even after all this time, is it still…” Sehun paused, realizing what he was about to ask.

“Her?” Shownu finished for him as they stepped out the building, he looked up at the night sky and let out a breath.

“Yes. Her.” Sehun nodded at him.

“It is.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++