046

Untitled

 

 

 

Miyoung puffed her cheeks as they reached the building, she could feel Shownu’s gaze on her. She saw her secretary waiting by the doors, they met eyes. The other girl smiled before turning away from them.

“Thanks for..hanging out with me, oppa.” Miyoung muttered, Shownu grinned at her.

“Hanging out?”

“Huh?”

“Is that what we’re calling it now?” He said, Miyoung turned to him, her eyes wide.

“W—Well,”

“Don’t be awkward with me, please.” Shownu faced the girl, she nodded back, and somehow seeing him smile like that made her relax a little. Miyoung chewed on her lower lip; it has always been like that. This guy before her had always made her feel relaxed, safe even. Because whatever may have happened between them, Son Hyunwoo will always be Son Hyunwoo. And she might try to deny how she felt about him; it was never going to change anything.

It will always be him.

“I’m not.”

“You..don’t have to say anything, I know you have a lot on your plate right now.” Shownu spoke again, Miyoung shook her head at him.

“I can say the same about you. And my sister. You two have a lot on your plate as well. You have so much going on right now, even the whole country knows.” She commented, Shownu paused but the girl smiled at him, already used to her humor..

“You…You don’t have to do this, oppa. The truth has finally been revealed. And, I can take over and have our family’s lawyers~”

“I lost you because of her, Miyoung. I don’t think that’s something I can ever let go. And, let me do this, you’ve kept this to yourself for months, it’s time I protect you too.” Shownu stated, his forehead creasing, Miyoung looked away.

“Maybe I shouldn’t have made friends with her.”

“It’s not your fault, Miyoung. She hurt you too.” Shownu replied, Miyoung exhaled and glanced at the doors again.

“You should head back, I know~”

“You didn’t.” She blurted out, Shownu paused, and his brows went up.

“What?”

“You said you lost me, you didn’t.” She said before reaching out to cup his cheek, Miyoung smiled.

“You didn’t.” She repeated before dropping her hand to her side, Shownu was about to speak but the girl was already heading back to the building.

And then she stopped, she turned to him.

“Let’s have coffee this weekend, oppa. My treat.” She said with a grin before rushing towards the door.

Shownu smiled and watched as the girl crossed the lobby and get in the elevator.

 

 

 

Sehun was chatting with their wedding organizer as he walked the lady and his team towards the doors, they had met up at his office to discuss a few final details for their wedding. They only had three weeks before the big day, but his bride was actually busy with something else.

Actually, not busy, more like she was being entertained with something else.

Sehun walked back to his office, Minah was still seated across the TV with a small smile on her lips. He sat down next to her just as Sera’s face appeared on the screen.

“I see you’ve been preoccupied, even miss Nam was worried that you didn’t like what she presented.” He commented, mentioning their wedding planner, Minah shook her head before facing him.

“Sera’s been requested to come to court.” She happily announced, Sehun nodded and put one arm around her.

For the past few days, TV stations have been relentlessly talking about the lawsuit against Yoo Sera. Details about what she has done have been revealed too, her obsession over a friend’s boyfriend and how she almost killed two people just because of her jealousy.

It had gone so bad that she even had to request a lawyer because no firm would go against the Hwangs and the Sons.

“The fact that you let Shownu hyung take over and this is happening, it’s a bit…scary, but fun.” Sehun mused; she reached for the remote control to lower the volume.

“He wanted to, he told me that…it’s the least he could do, you know. He knew that MIylung has been keeping things to herself for a while, you should have seen..how furious he was, Sehun-ah. The moment things have been explained to us, Hyungwon…was there, he told us..everything.” Minah said, Sehun paused, he turned to her.

“Everything?”

Minah let out a shaky breath.

“He told us how…he met Miyoung, and how they…came up with their..arrangement they have. And how…Eunyoung saved Miyoung’s life.”

“Eunyoung saved her?”

“Remember when Jooheon said that it didn’t really add up? Eunyoung’s age and those photos we discovered of how Hyungwon and Miyoung first met.”

“Y-Yes, and I remember the mention of Eunyoung has…two birth certificates, the other one was fake.” Sehun stated, his forehead creasing, he noticed how tears were starting to line Minah’s eyes.

“Hyungwon met her when she first moved in the building, they kind of became friends being the only Koreans there. During that time…his girlfriend, Ara, had left him with their child.”

Sehun slowly nodded, still confused.

“They weren’t really close, but Hyungwon has always noticed that Miyoung’s a bit withdrawn and she doesn’t go out a lot. He mentioned that she looked so pale and it got him wondering if she was sick.”

“No.” Sehun frowned.

“And this one time, Hyungwon was having difficulties with entering his unit, and then he noticed that the door to her place was slightly open. Hyungwon tried knocking to check if she was home, but no reply came. And then Eunyoung started crying in his arms.” Minah’s tears rolled down her cheeks.

“It was then he heard something at her kitchen, Hyungwon saw the knife on the floor. Miyoung…had her arm raised, Eunyoung’s cries surprised her.”

Sehun froze, he didn’t know what to say. He couldn’t process what his fiancé was saying.

“W—What?”

“Miyoung…she wanted..to be gone.” Minah was staring at her palms as she spoke, Sehun let out a shaky breath, still trying to process it all.

“She was..so..broken that it got..to that point, that…she wanted to really leave us, Sheun-ah. And every time I remember, I..” She trailed off and leaned against him.

“Does…Miyoung know that…you’re aware of this? I mean, you and Shownu hyung.”

“Hyungwon said that he’ll talk to her. But, I think I should be the one doing that.”

“You’re right, you..must talk to her about this, Meens.”

“She went to therapy for over a year and after she returned, she…kind of took on the role of Eunyoung’s mother and worked for Chae Jewels. I still…am at awe at how she did that, you know. It’s….She’s amazing.”

“I get it now, her reluctance in coming home. I understand why she was…hiding from us.” Sehun murmured, his forehead creasing.

“I am angry, really angry. But I’m not going to let that ruin my wedding, so,” Minah sat up, her nose still pink.

“I’m going to let Shownu sunbae ruin her instead.” She beamed at him, Sehun blinked back at her.

“Okay, duly noted, darling.” Sehun nodded and kissed her on both cheeks.

“Like how you’ve always supported every decision Miyoung makes, crazy or not, I’m going to cheer on Son Hyunwoo too.” She said while smiling as she fixed her hair.

“Sure, we’re just going to watch as your best friend destroys Sera. Isn’t that the dream?” Sehun said to her, Minah chuckled and bumped fists with him.

“Yes.”

“But, what to do?” Sehun spoke again, Meens turned to him.

“I am Miyoung’s best friend. And I’m angry too.”

 

 

 

Miyoung brushed her skirt down as the chauffeured Rolls Royce drove away from her, she stared at the building’s façade and let out a small sigh.

She made her way towards the entrance, she saw how the lady behind the front desk instantly recognized her and she flinched.

“Vice chairman Hwang,” She rushed over, Miyoung nodded and smiled back.

“I don’t have an appointment, but…is the president in?” She politely asked, the lady nodded and immediately guided her to the elevator. Miyoung waited for the doors to close before her, she took out her phone and realized that Hyungwon had texted that he was at the Lee residence with Eunyoung.

The doors opened again and she walked down the familiar hall, she couldn’t really count how many times she’d been to this office since she was a teenager.

One of the doors opened and Miyoung pressed her lips together, and then she slowly walked into the room.

“Miyoung-ah, we were told that you arrived downstairs.” Mrs. Son said with a warm smile as she stood up from the couch, Miyoung noticed the box of cupcakes on the table.

“Auntie, I—I’m sorry, am I disturbing?” She asked, she heard Mr. Son chuckle as he left his desk.

“No, we were just having some snacks before heading for a flight this evening, Miyoung-ah. And, it is nice to see you again.” He said, Miyoung swallowed and nodded back.

“I should have called before coming, but I figured~”

“Don’t talk about that, you know you’re always welcome.” Mrs. Son shook her head before giving the girl a hug, Miyoung smiled and wrapped her arms around the woman as well.

“I..I wanted to explain..everything, if..that’s okay with you.” She said as the lady let her go, Mr. Son gestured for her to take a seat.

“Is this about you and Hyunwoo? Because he already talked to us. About you. And about that other young lady.” Mrs. Son scrunched her nose at the mention of Sera.

“That and…why I left.”

The room grew silent, Miyoung stared at her palms before speaking.

“Miyoung-ah, you don’t have to do this.” Mrs. Son frowned at the girl, but Miyoung shook her head.

“No, I have to. You…You were always welcoming towards me, auntie, uncle. Even though I always kind of caused trouble for oppa.” She continued.

“Don’t say that, Miyoung-ah.” Mr. Son shook his head with a smile.

“After the incident, I…I was there at the hospital, I watched as he..was wheeled into the operating room, and I…I couldn’t help but think that it’s all because of me. If only I didn’t drink too much that day, if only I…I listened to the operator when he told me that I shouldn’t jump again..and if only I didn’t badger him to come with me. That…wouldn’t have happened. And,”

“Miyoung, stop. It’s not your fault, it never was.” Mrs. Son reached her hand, Mr. Son stood up to pour her some tea.

“I got so used to the fact that he’d always protect me, auntie. I depended on him too much, and I didn’t know that…I was putting him in danger.” She turned away, not wanting her tears to roll down.

“Miyoung-ah, you two were so young back then. But, what happened…it was all that Yoo Sera’s doing. If she..didn’t interfere, nothing would have happened.”

Miyoung swallowed and nodded, she felt Mrs. Son cup her cheek.

“And, if she didn’t interfere, you’d probably be my daughter-in-law by now.” She said with a small teasing smile, Mr. Son sighed and shook his head.

“Auntie, I~”

“I’m sure Hyunwoo’s already expressed how he feels, don’t worry, auntie won’t interfere.” Mrs. Son laughed and patted her hand.

“A—Ah, yes.” Miyoung murmured, her cheeks turning a little pink.

“I’m surprised he didn’t come with you here. I do know that he has nothing much today, no meetings.” Mr. Son smiled as the girl took a small sip of her tea.

“I didn’t tell him, uncle.”

“You two don’t talk over the phone? Did he not call you today? Does he not call you?”

“H—He doesn’t have to.” Miyoung blurted out, surprised with all the questions.

“Why? Why does he not call? That kid, did he not learn? I~”

“Uncle, I—I’m actually here to see him as well,” Miyoung quickly stood up, the elders paused and looked at her.

“He’s in..his office, right?” She added, Mr. Son smiled and nodded.

“Go and disturb him, I’m sure he’ll like it.”

“Y—Yes, thanks…thank you for making time for me.” She said with a small bow.

“Of course, you can come over anytime or…all the time!”

 

 

 

Hyungwon watched as his daughter ran towards her uncle Jooheon, he smiled and shook his head.

“I worry that your daughter will forever be Jooheon’s niece.”

He turned and saw the twins’ stepfather approach him, Hyungwon gave the elder a polite bow before speaking.

“Good evening, mister Lee.”

“I’m supposed to ask you to call me abeoji, but I’m confused now. But, it’s good to see you again.”

Hyungwon chuckled and walked with the elder, he found Eunyoung seated on the carpeted rug, with a PlayStation controller in hand.

“Hyungwon, finally!” Mrs. Lee appeared by the glass doors, it was clear that she had just arrived.

“Miyoung didn’t come with you?”

“I called her, she said she has a prior appointment, auntie.” Hyungwon replied, the elder’s brows rose and he nodded.

“Meens noona and Sehun are already on their way.” Jooheon announced as he walked in, carrying a plate of sliced fruits with him. He sat down beside Eunyoung and proceeded to teach her how to play the game on the screen.

“I’m sure you’re curious why we invited you over,”

Hyungwon sat down across the couple, he slowly nodded in reply.

“Aside from, wanting to thank you for taking care of our daughter while she was away,”

“Auntie, Miyoung helped me too. If not for her, Eunyoung and I wouldn’t….be this happy.” Hyungwon said with a small smile.

“Still, you took her in, kept her safe and you were with her when she was going through a lot, she may not tell us what it is, but, you were there for her. And, I’d like to thank you for that, Hyungwon.”

“Anything for Miyoung, auntie. She’s one of my closest friends, she’s a business partner too.” He added lightly, Jooheon chuckled at that.

“I just would like to tell you that, whatever happened or will happen, you…I see you as part of my family, like a son, mister Chae.” Mrs. Lee said with a smile as she took Hyungwon’s hands in hers.

“Thank you, auntie. You’re like family to me too.”

“Does that mean Eunyoung’s still my niece, right?” Jooheon chimed in, his father sighed at him.

“If you want a kid so badly, why don’t you get married right away, Lee Jooheon?”

Mrs. Lee chuckled and looked away, Jooheon frowned at his father.

“Who’s getting married? Honey? Why would he get married?” A feminine voice chimed in, Hyungwon looked up as Minah walked in.

“Noona,”

“Auntie Minah!”

“Eunyoung-ah, hello.” She smiled as she lifted the child in her arms and then she looked at Jooheon.

“Why would you get married? Are you seeing someone? How come I don’t know?” She demanded without pausing, Sehun laughed and headed for the kitchen.

“Oh no.” Mr. Lee stood up, his wife was smiling at Jooheon.

“Abeoji, eomma, don’t~”

“Minah, your Honey is seeing someone. Did he not tell you?” Mr. Lee hummed, Hyungwon looked at the older girl, amused.

“What?!”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++