015

Untitled

 

20XX

 

 

 

Miyoung grinned as she left the classroom with some of her classmates.

“What the sunbaes told us back then are all true.” One stated with a huff as they reached the stairs.

“What?”

Miyoung turned to them, she saw Minah and Sehun across the hall, walking together.

“About senior year being literal hell.” Sooah said, Miyoung laughed and nodded at her friend.

“It’s only been a month and yet we’ve been handed so many assignments plus we have exams next week.”

“At least most of them are just essays, it can’t be that bad.” Miyoung spoke as they reached the school grounds.

“Miyoung-ah, I don’t think you understand. You’re just like you sister, people just don’t realize it because you scare the,.”

Miyoung shook her head, her phone buzzed in her pocket and she chose not to take it out, knowing fully who was texting her.

“Today’s a Friday, I’m assuming you have other plans this afternoon.”

Miyoung paused and looked at the two girls, they were nearing the campus gates and she could see some students crowding over something across the street.

“Plans?”

“Hwang Miyoung and her college boyfriend, our school’s beloved swimming champion.” Sooah teasingly said, Miyoung grimaced and jogged away from them. The girl waved at her friends before stepping out of the gates, she looked across the street and grimaced again.

There he was, talking with students he knew while casually leaning against his car. He was dressed in his usual ensemble, oversized hoodie, denim jeans and sneakers.

“You’re supposed to go over there and say hi. Not gawk from across the street.” Minah said as they walked past her, Sehun grinned and waved at her.

Miyoung was about to step down from the sidewalk when she felt a hand on her elbow, she looked up.

“I wasn’t sure if you were going to run away from me or say hi.” Shownu mused at her, she blinked at him.

“I was going to say hi.” Miyoung stated with a grin, the male laughed and offered his arm to her.

“I texted you that I’d be out here.” Shownu said as they crossed the street together.

“I know.”

“I bet you didn’t even open my message.” He spoke, Miyoung grinned and jutted her lips towards their favorite snack stand.

“You’re the only one who texts me, people know I don’t like texting.” She shot back, he chuckled as the girl started eating.

“How was class?”

“Eh.” She shook her head, and then she looked at him.

“How did your day go? You said you had that field work thing this morning.” Miyoung said as she reached out to tug on the sleeve of his hoodie.

“It was alright. Do you have somewhere to go to? I can drive you.” Shownu stated, the girl popped another rice cake into .

“You are willingly submitting yourself to being seen with a high school girl? Aren’t you worried? I’m still wearing my uniform.” Miyoung mused at him, he chuckled and reached out to push her hair away from her cheeks.

“What will your friends think?” Miyoung continued as she ate.

“I have been literally your boyfriend for two years now, do you think I care about that?” Shownu made a face at her, she laughed.

“I need to pick up a gift for Honey. Can we pass by the mall?” Miyoung asked him, Shownu nodded back at her.

“Let’s get him a the remastered Chucky DVD then.”

“Why would you give your brother heart attack?” He shook his head and handed her some napkins, Miyoung smiled and took his hand in hers.

 

 

 

“Noona!” Jooheon’s complaints could be heard from across the living room, Miyoung was laughing on the couch.

“What did Miyoung do?” Kihyun asked as he joined them.

“She got Jooheon a very special gift.” Sehun replied as he arrived with a bunch of snacks.

“What?”

“A life-sized Chucky doll.”

Kihyun guffawed and then Miyoung appeared running away from Jooheon, who was carrying a tumbler of tomato juice in one hand.

“That’s….going to be messy.” Minah murmured, Sehun grinned and sat down beside her.

“I heard you finally decided which school to go, will I be seeing you two at the university then?” Kihyun asked, Minah nodded at her cousin.

“Yes, oppa. Miyoung~”

“Jooheon!” Miyoung was laughing as she raced down the steps with an annoyed Jooheon right behind her.

“I live with toddlers.” Minah mumbled to herself. Miyoung was about to run to the pool when Shownu gently caught her by the waist, the girl stopped and looked at him.

“He has tomato juice and he’s after me.” Miyoung said as she tried to escape him, Sehun smiled and looked at his friend.

“It’s cold outside. He won’t douse you with it.” Shownu laughed, the girl eyed him warily and he let go.

“I told you getting him that doll would be a bad idea.”

“But it’s adorable!”

“For you, it is.” Shownu shot back with a grin, Jooheon arrived and Miyoung hid behind the tall male.

“Hyung, she~”

“She means well, the doll is probably for her.” Shownu said, still amused. Jooheon huffed, Miyoung peeked by Shownu’s arm and stuck her tongue out at him.

“Miyoung-ah,”

“Fine, fine. I’ll put Chucky in my room later, happy birthday Jooheonie.” Miyoung said, still not letting go of Shownu. Jooheon rolled his eyes at her and moved away.

“How does he survive that?” Kihyun chuckled on his seat, Minah smiled to herself as she watched Miyoung and Shownu talk. Her sister was laughing as she dragged the older male to the kitchen, probably to show him the doll.

“It’s more like, how does he reason with her.” Sehun voiced out.

“What did your mother say? Is she okay with Shownu hyung and Young?” Kihyun asked his cousin, Minah nodded.

“Who would say no to Son Hyunwoo, oppa? My parents love him.” She said.

“So, did you send in your application?” Shownu asked as they walked in the kitchen, it was empty, except for the doll.

“I did. I just have to take the exam and I’m in. I think. I hope.” She shrugged as she picked up a slice of pizza from the counter.

“We’ll be schoolmates again, then.”

“Don’t think that I’m following you. Unnie’s going there, so I decided to…go there too. Saves me some time to actually think about college too, she probably has it all planned out for both us.” She trailed off as she hopped on the counter and let her feet dangle over the floor.

“Are you not nervous about university?” Shownu asked as he handed her a soda.

“Not really. It’s just school…only, bigger.” She blinked at him, Shownu smiled and nodded. It was very Miyoung of her not to worry about certain things, but he knew that girl had given it a lot of thought.

“But, it is weird not seeing you around school anymore. The swim team got dull.”

“Did you miss me?” Shownu wriggled his brows at her, the girl narrowed her eyes.

“Come here.” He chuckled before gently lifting her off the counter and wrapping his arms around her.

“I miss having to check if you’re up to something again, there aren’t a lot of troublemakers in my class.”

“Hey!” Miyoung tried to push him away, but Shownu smiled and simply kissed the top of her head.

 

 

 

“Hey, you.” Sehun spoke as he joined his friend at the terrace.

“Jooheon’s friends from his old school arrived already?” She asked as Sehun handed her a mug of hot chocolate.

“Yes, they’re a loud bunch.”

Miyoung grinned and leaned against the railings.

“How are things? We rarely talk nowadays.” Sehun nudged the girl, Miyoung took a small sip from her drink.

“Things are the same. What do you mean? We’re seatmates.”

“I meant, we haven’t hung out in a while. How about next weekend? The usual?” Sehun spoke, referring to the arcade they frequented since their freshman year.

“I would love that, but speaking of hanging out,” Miyoung faced him, Sehun saw Shownu pass by and the girl waved at him.

“You and hyung are the most lowkey couple I know. Most of our classmates didn’t even know that you two have been together since our sophomore year.” Sehun commented, Miyoung shrugged at him.

“I…like it that way, and being all showy is kind of cheesy and blech.”

“You were saying?” Sehun chuckled as she shuddered.

“Sera hasn’t been hanging out with us, where does she eat lunch?”

“You think I know? Or care?” Sehun rolled his eyes, Miyoung sent him a look.

“Honestly, good riddance.”

“Oh Sehun!” She hissed at him, Sehun sighed and set his mug down.

“You really don’t know?”

“I don’t. Maybe because you’ve always been mean to her, you jerk.”

“Remember that one time we invited her out to Everland?” Sehun spoke, Miyoung tilted her head.

“That was a couple of weeks ago, we had oppa drive us.”

“Yes, that. I think that was the time she found out about you two.” Sehun continued, Miyoung nodded along, then she blinked.

“Then?” She faced him, Sehun sighed at her.

“Do I need to spell it out for you?”

“What are~”

“Children,” Minah appeared by the glass doors, the two turned to her.

“Let’s take pictures inside, Jooheon insists that we commemorate the day Miyoung almost killed him.”

Miyoung chuckled and raced into the house, Minah looked at Sehun questioningly.

“Bonding?” She asked him, Sehun smiled and walked to her.

“Sort of. She’s still a pain.”

“She’s still your best friend.” Minah mused back as the male took her hand and they walked back in the house.

 

 

 

Miyoung was smiling as she got off the escalator, she ran her fingers through her hair as she marched towards the bookstore. The girl had chucked her school uniform in her backpack and was now a wearing a pair of jeans and loose crop top as she roamed around the mall. It was only two in the afternoon and she should still be at class.

But no, Hwang Miyoung doesn’t do that kind of thing.

She headed straight towards the fiction section and started checking the new titles, she crouched down to look at the books on the lowest shelf.

“Are you alone?”

She looked up and her eyes narrowed, a young male was smiling down at her. Miyoung looked away from him, not wanting to talk.

“You seem be having trouble, shall I help you out?” The male asked as he crouched down beside her, he was trying to make the girl face him but Miyoung wouldn’t budge.

“I don’t need help.” Miyoung murmured, judging from the way he was dressed, she had a feeling he was a college student.

“Hey, don’t be like this. Which school do you go to?” He said with a chuckle as he leaned towards her and put one arm around her shoulder.

“I’m pretty sure she’s still in high school.” A masculine voice added, the male looked up.

“S-Sunbae,”

“Drop the arm before her boyfriend sees you.” He sighed at him, the male pulled back from Miyoung, the girl stood up.

“You don’t class, oppa?” She asked him, the male sighed again.

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that? Why are you out here?” The older male checked the time on his wristwatch, and he balked at the girl.

“It’s not even close to~”

“Miyoung-ah?” Shownu walked towards them, he was surprised to her.

“I was looking for…a book when I ran into him Wonho oppa.” Miyoung spoke to him, Wonho snorted at her words.

“Did you cut class again?”

“Again?” Wonho repeated, Miyoung grinned at the older male and pulled one of the books from the shelf.

“Why didn’t you call?” Shownu asked as he took her backpack and slung it over one shoulder.

“Actually, I opted to leave earlier.”

“You opted to cut class.” Wonho corrected her, the girl almost elbowed him but Shownu chuckled and held onto her hand.

“I’d like to survive, see you later, you two.” Wonho said, Miyoung bid him goodbye as the older male left.

“What happened?” He asked as they walked towards the counter.

“This girl from another class kept on talking about Minah unnie, so, I let…my feelings be known.”

“Your feelings? What kind of feelings?” Shownu was smiling, the girl sighed and looped arms with him.

“It’s one of those girls who have always been so obsessed over Sehun. Borderline delusional.” She spat as she handed the book to the cashier.

“Should I ask what happened? Or should I wait for Minah to call me and she’ll ask me to talk to you about it?” He said, his tone a little teasing, the girl puffed her cheeks.

“I superglued her to her chair.”

“What did you glue on to her chair?” Shownu asked, he was about to take his wallet out, but Miyoung shook her head and handed some cash to the cashier instead.

“Her.”

“Her, what?”

“I superglued her to her chair. Her.” Miyoung gave him a nonchalant shrug, Shownu paused and looked at her.

“You glued her to her chair?”

“Very innovative, right?” Miyoung beamed at him, Shownu tilted his head.

“Borderline hazardous, but yes, innovative.” He nodded back at her while tugging on the hem of her shirt, it had hiked up a little.

“It’s nice running into you like this, unplanned and spontaneous.” Miyoung stated as she got her shopping bag and pulled Shownu with her.

“Spontaneous, just like superglue.” Shownu mused, the girl rolled her eyes and hooked her arms around his.

“Have you eaten? Let’s get something to eat, oppa.” She continued as they stepped out of the store.

“I still can’t believe I ran into you during class hours.” He murmured, Miyoung laughed and briefly leaned the side of her head against his arm.

“I had a feeling you’d be here. Pasta?”

“We’ll get that, and you should tell your sister where you are.”

“But~”

“I’d like to survive too, so tell Minah you skipped class. Again.” Shownu calmly said as they got on the elevator.

“We’ll still get pasta though, right?”

“Yes.” Shownu nodded before cupping the side of her cheek, Miyoung smiled and took out her phone.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++