017

Untitled

 

 

 

Hyungwon sat on one of the stools and looked at Miyoung, she was standing by the sink, unmoving.

“What happened?” He softly asked, he saw her shoulders rose and she walked towards the refrigerator.

“Unnie…got mad at me.” She spoke without facing him, she took the pitcher out and poured water for both of them.

“I should have discussed it with you. Going to Minhyuk’s party. I’m sorry.” Hyungwon said as Miyoung put the glass before him.

“Don’t be. It’s fine. It was…They were bound to find out anyway.”

“But, not like this.” Hyungwo stated, the girl chewed on her lower lip and she let out a shaky breath.

“I think I just got officially uninvited to her wedding.”

Hyungwon paused, his forehead creased before taking a sip from his glass.

“I—I…don’t know what t—to do, Hyungwon-ah.” She stated, Hyungwon noticed how her fingers were shaking.

“She’s your sister. She can’t stay mad at you forever.”

“What I did….hiding things from her..from everyone…I…shouldn’t have come home.” She blurted out, Hyungwon shook his head at her and reached for her hand across the table.

“I know whatever I say won’t really comfort you, but, she’s family. I’m sure she’ll come around.”

“You don’t know Hwang Minah.” She replied as she looked at her hands.

“But I know you. And, she may not want to speak to you know, she misses you like you miss her. Give her some time.” Hyungwon said as he squeezed her hand, Miyoung exhaled and nodded at him.

“And, calm down. Eunyoung was worried in the car, she kept on whispering whether we were fighting. Because you were all tensed up.” Hyungwon said with a small smile, Miyoung shook her head.

“She gets along with Joohoney, that’s a relief.”

“Your brother seems fun.”

Miyoung nodded and sat down beside him, Hyungwon paused and he turned to her.

“What is it? Are you trying to talk some sense into me again? Don’t worry, I’ll call Jooheon tomorrow and have him act as my messenger.”

“Not that,” Hyungwon ran his fingers through his hair.

“What is it?”

“That was him, huh?” He asked, Miyoung paused and looked at him.

“What?”

“The man sitting next to your sister. That was him.”

Miyoung paused, she pressed her lips together and swallowed. Hyungwon broke into a smile, sensing her discomfort.

“It’s okay, we don’t have to talk about it. I’ll go wash up.” He stated, he slid down from the chair and made his way up to their room.

Miyoung leaned back on her seat and exhaled.

“How dare you come back, Hwang Miyoung?”

She grimaced and laced her fingers together.

“I can’t stay here.”

 

 

 

Wonho looked up across him, his friend was fidgeting with his pen while the speaker continued with his presentation. Wonho’s brows rose, taking note of his distracted Son Hyunwoo seems to be. And he knew why.

He might not have run into her at the party a few days ago, but rumors were already swirling a out. One of the Lotte sisters, the twin who suddenly disappeared, had reappeared.

Hwang Miyoung is back, and people have already heard of her husband and daughter.

Wonho chewed on his lower lip. The girl was gone for almost five years, no one had heard from her, not even her family.

He leaned back on his seat and looked at his friend, his mind went back to that fateful afternoon years back. He remembered sobering up in the ambulance while the paramedics struggled with keeping Shownu alive.

He remembered holding onto a crying Minah as Miyoung was being rushed to the operating room.

He shook his head, trying to erase those memories. He looked up, realizing that the conference was coming to an end, he left his seat and made his way towards his friend.

“Hey,” He spoke, Shownu paused to wait for him. He asked his secretary to go ahead of him, Wonho walked with the older male.

“You don’t look so well.” He spoke as they stepped out of the room, a few of their colleagues nodded at them.

“I have a lot going on at the office. Have you eaten?” Shownu said as he loosened his tie.

“I heard.” Wonho softly spoke, Shownu glanced at him and nodded.

“I think a lot of people have.”

“Did…you guys talk?” Wonho asked, they got inside the elevator and he noticed how the other male’s forehead creased.

“I’m sorry, no.” Shownu recited, Wonho grew confused and he looked at his friend.

“What?”

“That’s what she said when I asked if we could talk.” Shownu nodded, not facing him.

“Then, is it true? About her being married and..a daughter.”

“Yes.” Shownu said, his face not showing any emotion, but he didn’t have to.

“Hyunwoo-ah,”

“Don’t.”

“I—It’s been five years, I thought…I thought you were over her.” Wonho said, the doors pinged open and Shownu moved first.

But then he halted, he faced Wonho again.

“How do you..get over someone who simply left you without saying anything?”

Wonho chewed on the insides of his cheeks, he could see it. He could see how his friend was hurting inside.

“I thought I was never going to see her again. I thought…out of sight, out of mind, right? But, seeing her again, it…it just hurts.”

“People had assumed that you and Sera would~”

Shownu started to shake his head, as if trying to keep himself together.

“It was never going to be Sera, huh?”

“I..I need to talk to Miyoung.” Shownu replied, he gave his friend a small nod before walking away. Wonho exhaled and watched as he got inside the waiting Audi and it drove off.

“Miyoung still affects you. Always.”

 

 

 

Sehun looked up from his bowl, his eyes went to Minah then at Jooheon.

“Minah, I know it’s been days, but…why not..pick up her calls?” Sehun carefully said, he could hear his fiance’s phone ringing from the living room.

Jooheon chewed on some kimchi before nodding along.

“Right, noona. Noona has been~”

“Hiding from us for five years, I’m sure she’ll understand if I don’t get to pick up her calls.” Minah replied as she stirred her coffee, the two males flinched on their seats.

“So, to make it clear, right now, you hate Miyoung noona, right?” Jooheon spoke up, Minah sighed at him.

“What is it now, Lee Jooheon?”

Sehun grinned, hearing his in-law being called by his full name, but Jooheon was batting his eyes at her.

“I scheduled a play date today, noona.”

“A..what?” Minah paused, Sehun turned as he heard a car roll into the property, Minah glanced at the windows. A white Range Rover escorted by a black Suburban were both parked outside.

“Why do you want to die?” Sehun muttered under his breath, Minah eyed her brother warily.

“You can fight noona all you want, but the child is not at fault here. Noona you can be so petty sometimes.” Jooheon made a face at her before sliding down from his seat and running to the doors.

Minah let out a shaky breath and Sehun stood up from his seat, he kissed the top of her head before speaking.

“I understand that you’re mad at her. Miyoung may have done something..questionable, but remember, she came here for you. No matter how difficult it must have been for her to fly back here, she did do it for you. For us.”

“Five years, Sehun.”

“Exactly. We lost her for five years, I don’t want to go through that again, Minah. And I’m sure you wouldn’t like that too.”

“Noona! Eunyoung-ah!” Jooheon’s voice echoed from the foyer, Sehun smiled and nudged her again.

“Go, I have to make a few calls to the office.” Minah sighed, she stood up and Sehun grinned at her.

“See? You could never say no to Miyoung.” He chuckled before kissing her cheek and leaving the kitchen.

Sehun made his way towards the living room and paused. There was a tall male standing behind his best friend while Jooheon spoke with the toddler.

“Sehun-ah,” Miyoung spoke, catching his gaze. Sehun broke into a smile before giving her a hug.

“I see Jooheon has finally called you enough.” He mused at her, Miyoung shook her head then she glanced at the other male.

“Uhm, Sehun-ah, this is Hyungwon. Hyungwon, this is Oh Sehun, the ride or die, and future brother-in-law.”

“Ride or die? We both know that you’re the troublemaker and I always had to clean up after you.” Sehun said before extending his hand to the male.

“Oh Sehun, nice to meet you.”

“Chae Hyungwon, Miyoung has mentioned you a lot.” Hyungwon nodded, and then Eunyoung squealed as Jooheon lifted her onto his back.

“And, you’ve met Honey.” Miyoung spoke, Hyungwo nodded back and chuckled as their daughter clapped her hands.

“Jooheon, let me at least say hi to my niece.” Sehun spoke, Jooheon set the child down and Eunyoung looked at her parents questioningly.

“Eunyoung-ah, come here and say hi.” Hyungwon waved her over, Minah walked into the room and her eyes went to the child. She smiled, noticing how well dressed she was for a toddler. She had on a Burberry dress and cardigan while her matching coat rested on the couch.

This is mommy’s best friend. We grew up together. Say hi.

Eunyoung looked at Sehun, her brows rose briefly but she gave him a polite bow.

“Hello, I’m Chae Eunyoung. Mommy tells me that I call you uncle Sehun. But, uncle Jooheon asked me to call..him uncle Honey.” Eunyoung said, showing a dimpled smile as she spoke.

“You’re right, you can call me uncle Sehun. May I?” Sehun leaned down and opened his arms to her, Eunyoung smiled and let him lift her up.

“Unnie,” Miyoung saw the older girl, the room grew silent. Jooheon was playing with Eunyoung as Sehun held onto her. Hyungwon pressed his lips together and he touched Miyoung’s waist, the girl turned to him.

“I’ll go ahead and let you two talk. Can I leave Eunyoung with you?” He asked, Jooheon nodded, not bothering to wait for Miyoung’s reply.

“You can leave her here.” Sehun stated, but Minah shook her head.

“No, no, you don’t have to go. Let’s all have breakfast together. Does Eunyoung like waffles?” Minah said as she approached the group, Sehun smiled to himself.

Hyungwon glanced at his wife, Miyoung nodded back at him.

“I—I love waffles!” Eunyoung replied while stretching her arms to the Lotte executive, Minah paused, stunned at the little girl’s reaction but she took her from Sehun’s arms.

“Then, will you tell auntie Minah what kind of syrup you like? We have fruit too.” Minah said as she carried her to the kitchen, the girl paused and glanced at Miyoung.

“Let’s eat together. We can talk later.” She spoke, Miyoung nodded back at her with a smile.

“Well, that went well, huh?” Jooheon pressed his palms together, Sehun laughed and nodded at him.

“I’m glad you’re here, Hyungwon hyung. Everyone was curious about noona’s husband.”

“Thanks for having us.” Hyungwon spoke, and then Minah appeared by the doorway again.

“Although, I think you both should know that the only reason why Jooheon was so adamant to have you here is because he had decorated one of the guest rooms for Eunyoung.”

“He did?” Miyoung grinned and hooked arms with her brother.

“I had it fitted for a four-year-old, that’s why you should always bring her here to visit.” Jooheon demanded while pouting at her, Miyoung laughed. Sehun paused, sensing Minah’s stare at them, Eunyoung was chewing on a piece of apple in her arms.

“Is something wrong?” Sehun asked, Minah was staring at Hyungwon.

“Unnie?”

“Wait, Chae Hyungwon?”

Holy .” Miyoung blurted out under his breath, the three males looked at her in confusion.

“Yes, that’s my name.” Hyungwon spoke, a little unsure.

“You’re married to H One Jewels and you didn’t tell me?!”

“Miyoung noona, run!”

 

 

 

Sera was biting on her nails as she looked at her laptop, she exhaled and shook her head.

“It can’t be true. All this time…New York?” She murmured, the doors opened, and she looked up.

“Ma’am, I got what you wanted,” Her secretary said as she strode into the room, Sera waved her over.

“I believe, the young miss Hwang got back almost three weeks ago. She arrived alone, from what I hear is that she’s here because of the wedding.”

Sera nodded and closed her laptop.

“Nobody knows if she’s staying for long but is certain that miss Hwang Miyoung flew back to Seoul for her sister’s wedding, ma’am.”

Sera pursed her lips; she took the folders from the lady and her brows rose.

“Miss Hwang?” She said questioningly as she looked at the photo before her, she examined the young man’s face, her forehead creased.

“Well, to others, or back in New York, she’s known as Mrs. Chae.”

“Chae? Do we know that name?” Sera sat up, she set the photo down and crossed her legs.

“I’m not sure, ma’am. There really isn’t a lot of information about him, other than the fact that they got married four years ago, and their daughter’s name is Eunyoung.”

Sera exhaled, she pressed her lips together.

“Is something wrong? Were you close with Miyoung as well, ma’am?”

Sera let out a humorless laugh and shook her head.

“Ah, and another thing about her husband,”

“What is it?”

“He owns a couple of estates in the US, also has some shares in major companies. But, one thing seems to stand out,”

“What are you saying? Miyoung married a rich guy?” Sera grew amused, her secretary hesitant and then she slowly put a piece of paper down on her boss’s desk.

“A super rich guy, actually. He owns H One Jewels too, it’s a young jewelry company but it’s been doing great so far. With A-lister clients willing to wait for at least a year just to get their hands on of their pieces.”

Sera paused, her brows going up.

“And this is the guy Hwang Miyoung married?”

“Yes, him. Chae Hyungwon.”

The girl paused, she stood up and walked towards the windows, her secretary paused, sensing the change in her mood.

“Good for her then.”

“Yes?”

“I mean, that really is out of my way. That’s good.”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++