039

Untitled

 

 

 

“I asked Jooheon to join us, he..should know. And, I can’t face Minah alone.” Sehun said as they sat down, Jooheon looked at the other males.

“What are you saying?” He spoke, Sehunt turned to him and grinned.

“We’re here to discuss your sister.” Hyungwon said with a small smile as he joined them at the table, he was holding onto a bunch of folders.

“Jooheon-ah, I’m sure you have questions. About me and Miyoung.” Hyungwon faced him, the latter’s brows went up.

“At first, I did. But then…I realized that pressing my sister to talk wouldn’t work.” Jooheon said while scratching the back of his head, he had no idea what he was doing at the Chae residence this early, and the vibe the two males before him were giving off made him grow alarmed.

“Here,” Hyungwon pushed a stack of papers towards him, he sat up and pulled them closer. Sehun leaned back on his seat and turned to the windows, Jooheon froze on his seat.

“Eu—Eunyoung is…Eunyoung is,” He trailed off, his eyes were wide as he faced Hyungwon.

“She’s my biological daughter, but not Miyoung’s. we have…her real birth certificate and, we have a fake one.”

“You…You met my sister when Eunyoung was almost a year old.” Jooheon blurted out, he set the papers down, feeling a little dizzy.

“Yes, that’s…how it happen.” He could hear the reluctance and Hyungwon’s voice, and he was sure that Sehun also caught that.

“I…I don’t understand, what are…what are you trying to do? Are you and Miyoung noona getting a divorce?”

Sehun let out a small laugh, Jooheon’s eyes went to him. Hyungwon looked at the younger male and pushed an envelope to him.

“Maybe I should’ve asked for tea before starting this.” The Chae male spoke softly, Jooheon took the envelope, and he balked.

“Miyoung…MIyoung and I are not married, it was realy wasn’t out intention to be viewed as a wedded couple. But, people started calling her Mrs. Chae, and we just..decided to go along with it. She became Eunyoung’s mother too that way.” Hyungwon murmured, Sehun looked at the male.

“You’re never going to answer how that happened, huh? How you ended up into her life? And how she became a part of yours?” Sehun asked, Hyungwon slowly shook his head.

“That’s for Miyoung to decide on.”

“So, why are you telling us all these?” Jooheon pinched the bridge of his nose and pushed the papers away from him.

“Miyoung she wouldn’t have left five years ago, Jooheon. That accident would never have happened, Shownu hyung didn’t have to get hurt. Your sister also didn’t have to..disappear.”

“W—What?” Jooheon grew confused.

Hyungwon ran his fingers through his hair.

“And now, she’s back. And she’s angry.” Sehun said as he opened another folder for Jooheon and slid it across the table.

“Yoo Sera…she’s going to get it, no one can stop Miyoung now.”

 

 

 

Miyoung watched as the doors shut behind Sera, her forehead creased and she pressed her palms together.

Her eyes went to Shownu, he was already standing by the windows.

“I…I didn’t know you were coming over, oppa. Do we have a meeting?” She cleared , a little uneasy. The older male was quiet for a few seconds before facing her.

“I know that something is going up.” He said as he faced her, Miyoung stilled.

“And, you’re not telling me.” He finished, Miyoung pressed her lips together, trying to come up with something.

“It’s fine.” He said, his lips curling up slightly. She watched as Shownu let out a small sigh and ha finally faced her.

“I don’t know what’s going on between you and Sera, but, Miyoung-ah,”

“Don’t take this wrong way, but when you..you suddenly reappeared, I got curious.” He stated, Miyoung’s eyes widened, she grew tensed.

“I know that Eunyoung isn’t yours, but she’s Hyungwon’s.” He calmly said.

“Oppa, I~”

“Don’t worry, I took care of it, I didn’t want that information to leak out.” Shownu stated, he walked towards the girl.

“But, please be careful. What if…Sera somehow finds out? I don’t want her to use this against you and Eunyoung. You might get hurt because of this.”

“Oppa, why did you not mention it? If you knew all this time and….” She trailed off, at a loss of words.

“I figured that you’d tell me once you felt like it, knowing you, you always tell me things. No matter how…different they can be. We did agree to be friends again.” He said in his usual light-hearted tone. Miyoung swallowed and focused her gaze on the first button of his shirt, not wanting to meet his gaze. How easy it would be if she’d just tell him everything. If she just broke down right now and tell Shownu what really happened, what really went on that fateful day. To let him know how angry she is and how difficult it has been for her.

And how much she missed him.

And the she regrets ever leaving him.

But she can’t.

“D—Did you hear everything?” She reluctantly asked. Shownu gave her a small smile before leaning over to place a kiss on her forehead.

“Don’t stress over it. I’ll have our meeting rescheduled.” He said before walking out of the office.

 

 

 

Minah stared at her reflection, she could her mother and future mother-in-law chatting from the other side of the curtains, she smiled to herself.

“Exactly, I’m really happy that she decided to fly home. I really have no idea what is going on inside that girl’s head.”

Minah let out a chuckle, the curtains were pulled to reveal the bride.

“Are you talking bad things about my twin again, eomma?” She mused, Mrs. Oh gasped and stood up.

“Not, I’m still surprised that your sister decided to join you at work, that’s all.” She said as she walked to them, the lady had a smile on her face.

“You look…like an angel, Minah. My son is so lucky!”

“Thank you, eo~” Minah paused when her phone started ringing, her mother sighed at her.

“Don’t take it, your leave has begun.” She pointed out, Minah grinned and walked towards her phone, her brows went up before answering.

“Secretary Min,”

“I know I’m not supposed to call, president. But, I think you should hear about this,”

“What is it?” Minah slowly pulled away from the elders and stood by the rows and rows shoes that were prepared for her.

“I just wanted to clarify if you ever heard about H One Jewels’ move to acquire Yoo Holdings, ma’am. It’s all over the news.”

Minah stilled at her secretary’s words.

“H One Jewels? Yoo…Holdings?”

“Yes, it’s happening now as we speak, it’s a hostile acquisition. The Yoos are trying to hold on to what little shares they own that are left, but it doesn’t look good, ma’am.”

“It…has..gone that bad?” Minah swallowed, she walked towards her purse again, and glanced at the elders.

“Yes, it has. H One Jewels is also rumored to have a banking group’s backing, ma’am.”

Of course, that’s Hyungwon’s family.

“I didn’t know about this move, make sure we are not dragged into it. I’ll call my sister later. And,” Minah pressed her lips together.

“Screen my calls, only the ones from family, Shownu sunbae and the BOD are accepted.”

“Y—Yes? What about miss Yoo?”

Minah ended the call and faced the two women again.

“What was that, Minah?” Her mother asked as she cupped her cheek.

She’s wreaking havoc. Again.

Minah’s lips curled up and shook her head.

“It’s nothing, eomma.”

 

 

 

Miyoung crossed her legs and comfortably leaned back on her seat ad her phones continued to ring. Her eyes went to her laptop, emails and messages were arriving. She grinned and shut it close, she reached for the remote control and went to the news channel.

“I’ll show you what toying around really is.” She mused as the anchorman started talking about Yoo Holdings being bought by another company, its stock price had doubled too. The company’s young CEO was also seen leaving the company earlier, Miyoung smiled as she saw Sera’s troubled face.

“Now, this is what being reckless really is, you .” She murmured as she stood up, her assistant from H One Jewels had sent her an email informing her that everything has been finalized. Yoo Holdings, and other companies under it were all owned by H One Jewels now.

She picked up her coat and purse, the girl was about to leave her office when her secretary walked in.

“An invitation arrived, ma’am.”

“Open it for me,” She said with a smile, the latter nodded and read its contents.

“It’s your school, ma’am.”

Miyoung recognized her alma mater’s seal on the paper, and she took it from the lady.

“They’re having this charity event this weekend, it’s for disabled adults and children.” She said, Miyoung nodded with a small smile.

“It’s like a mini reunion then, right?”

“Yes, ma’am. I think it would be good for your friends to know that you are in town too.”

Miyoung’s lips curled up.

“You’re right. Can you RSVP for me?”

“Yes, of course. Anything else? I already have the car prepared downstairs. Would you like to check out your recent purchase?”

“No, no. I don’t personally go to small purchases. But,” She was smiling as they stepped out of the office.

“How about you call our friend? That mister.”

“Mister?”

“That mister from the bungee jump place. Call him.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++