040

Untitled

 

 

 

“Hi, beautiful.” Miyoung said as she walked in the living room, Eunyoung looked up, her hair still messy from sleep.

Mommy, are you not going to work today?” The toddler asked as Miyoung joined her on the carpeted floor, her favorite cartoon show was on.

“I feel like not skipping work today. You? No school?” Miyoung asked as she kissed the girl’s cheek, Eunyoung smiled at her.

I do, but daddy said we have somewhere to go today. A doctor.” Eunyoung said, Miyoung paused and nodded.

“Are things okay, eomma?” She switched to Korean, Miyoung looked at the girl and sighed.

“I’m not sure, daughter. I don’t know…I don’t know how to process things yet.” Miyoung puffed her cheeks.

“Is it work?”

“No, not really. But mommy has a lot of things on her plate. And I really want to finish everything,” She sighed before leaning over to hug the girl, Eunyoung squealed and hugged her back.

But mommy, you always get things done. I’m sure it will all be okay now.” Eunyoung said, Chaeyeon stretched her legs and laid her head on Eunyoung’s lap.

I hope so, baby.”

The two noticed Hyungwon pass by, Eunyoung gave her father a small wave.

“Am I missing something?” He asked, a little confused as he saw the their state.

“I’m ditching work today.” She announced, Hyungwon let out a chuckle and joined them in the living room.

“Good for you?” Hyungwon blinked at her, she grinned at him before standing up.

“Are you busy today?” She asked as she joined him in the kitchen, Hyungwon shook his head at her.

“Not really. Why?”

Miyoung leaned against the counter as he started the coffee machine.

“I have this charity event at my old school this weekend, and I think it’s the perfect opportunity to get new clothes.” She said to him, he grinned at her.

“And, you want to drag me into that?”

“No, I’m just telling you in advance just in case you want to secretly meet my brother and Sehun again.”

Hyungwon paused, his brows went up, unfazed.

“You know.”

“It depends what we’re talking about.” She said with a small smile, Hyungwon poured her a cup.

“I wanted to tell you, but…I didn’t know if it would…trigger things or..” He trailed off, Miyoung felt his gaze on her left wrist and she exhaled.

“I’m fine, H One.”

“Are you, really?”

She looked away, Hyungwon exhaled before speaking.

“I can see that you’re angry, Miyoung. And I know that everything happening now is all you.”

“Why? Are you going to stop me?” She met his gaze, Hyungwon walked towards her and cupped her cheek.

“No.” He said with a small smile.

“Just…be careful. I got your back, always.” He added, Miyoung nodded in reply before smiling at him.

“What did you not tell them, then? I’m assuming Sehun and Honey knows everything by now.” She muttered, her thoughts going to Shownu and his knowledge about Eunyoung’s birth.

“About how we…got entangled. They don’t know about that, it’s…your..story to tell.”

Miyoung nodded back before wrapping her arms around him.

“Thank you, Hyungwon.”

“I see I’m not getting yelled at.” He chuckled before hugging her back.

“It still hasn’t sunk in yet that you’ve joined Sehun’s dark side.” She muttered back, and they both laughed.

“We’re on your side, Miyoung-ah.”

 

 

 

Shownu was smiling as he heard Miyoung grumbling behind him, they were supposed to have a meeting but as soon as he heard the girl wanted to cancel, he knew where to find her.

“Oppa, I haven’t had a day off ever since I started, why can’t you just give me this?” She sighed, Shownu had found her at a mall.

“We aren’t talking about work.”

“But we will. I can feel it.” She argued back, Shownu noticed how she didn’t have that one bodyguard who always went with her to public places.

“We’re not.”

“Did Minah unnie ask you to do this? To make sure I really do my work?”

“Miyoung, no. I just wanted to hang out.”

“With me? Well aren’t you one strange fellow. You think I’m fun?” She mumbled as they got inside another boutique.

“I feel like I have to keep watch over you while Meens is busy.”

“I’m…offended.” Miyoung muttered as she picked up a couple of dresses for Eunyoung, Shownu grinned at her.

“Is work treating you alright? You always ask me about mine.” He said as he walked with her.

“It’s fine, not fun. But nothing to break down over.” She said, and then the girl stopped and faced him.

“Oppa, what’s up? This isn’t like you, you’re hovering.” She said, Shownu paused and he pressed his lips together.

“I…I noticed that you’ve been..very..venomous towards Sera. And, I would like to know why.”

“I’m just throwing tantrums and she has happens to be in the way.” Miyoung shrugged at him and faced the racks again.

“Is it really?”

Miyoung’s forehead creased, her fists curled and she walked away from him, Shownu smiled to himself, knowing he can push her a little more to talk.

“Yes, that’s all it is.”

“I don’t believe you.” Shownu said as he took the items from her, Miyoung puffed her cheeks and moved away from him again.

“Hwang Miyoung,”

The girl paused, she exhaled and faced the older male.

“What’s going on? Why are you doing this?” Shownu asked her, Miyoung’s forehead creased and she chewed on her lower lip.

“I’m angry.”

Shownu’s brows went up and he slowly nodded.

“Why?” He asked her, Miyoung looked away from him.

“Can’t I tell you later? After…I’ve finished everything.” She said, Shownu met her gaze and walked up to her.

“I know you’re angry, I don’t know why. But, Miyoung-ah, you might hurt yourself because of this. And not just you, your husband, your fami~”

“He’s not my husband, okay?” She snapped as she pulled away from him, Shownu halted and Miyoung’s eyes widened, realizing what she just said.

“Oppa, just….stay out of the way. Leave me alone.” She stated as she walked away from him, Shownu watched as the Miyoung stormed out of the shop.

He let out a shaky breath and turned away from the doors while running his fingers through his hair.

 

 

 

“I don’t understand, you mean,” Sera trailed off, she was seated across her parents, the two elders looked stressed and agitated.

“Did you do something that offended them? Think about it.” Mrs. Yoo told her, the girl shook her head.

“I don’t get it, eomma. Why would you ask about them? It says here that through KB Banking we were purchased by this American company~”

“A jewelry company that’s owned by your friend’s husband. And the very husband who is also KB Banking Group’s only son.” His father hissed at her, Sera’s eyes widened, stunned.

“So, tell us now, Sera.” Mrs. Yoo leaned back on her seat.

“Did you do anything that may or may not have put you on their bad side?”

Sera shook her head.

“Why would you think that? Those Hwang twins have always been brats. They’re~”

“They’re brats. But those brats bought our whole company overnight, and now we barely have a hold on Yoo Holdings. They even have our land titles!”

Sera let out a shaky breath.

“You can’t even win over that Son boy despite his girlfriend leaving him. You’ve failed!”

“Abeoji, I can take the company back. Minah and I are still in contact.”

“So, you have problems with Miyoung.” Mrs. Yoo stated, Sera swallowed and quickly shook her head.

“N—No, I~”

“You better go to them and negotiate. I don’t care what you do, but you better take the company back. Kneel if you have to.”

 

 

 

“Are we going to this charity thing?” Jooheon asked as he walked in his sister’s home office, he paused, seeing his other sister.

“Hi, honey.” Miyoung smiled at him, Jooheon chuckled and plopped next to her.

“Well, are we?” Sehun turned to Minah as he put his sandwich done. Jooheon noticed how Miyoung smiled as she took a sip of her coffee.

“I think we should.” She chimed in, Minah’s eyes went to her.

“I mean, we haven’t seen our old schoolmates in a while.”

“Most of them flinch when they see you.” Sehun pointed out, Miyoung raised her shoulders at him.

“Plus, it’s for a good cause, unnie. It’s for the kids.” Miyoung said, Jooheon’s slowly shook his head.

“For the kids.” Sehun chimed in, raising his coffee to his friend, Minah’s eyes narrowed as the two clinked cups.

“Whoa, I just had a premonition. And it smells like trouble.” Jooheon muttered, Minah chuckled at his words.

“Fine, we’re all going. Are you taking Hyungwon with you?”

Miyoung felt Sehun and Jooheon’s gazes on her.

“I’ll ask him. But, he’s been super busy lately.” She replied as she stood up and walked towards her sister’s desk, an old photo of their friend group caught her eye.

“Unnie, why do you still have this?” She picked up the photo, it was taken during their college years. Sera was standing beside Jooheon and Shownu, while twins and Sehun were on the other side.

“Well, its~”

Miyoung took it out of the frame and tossed it towards the shredder.

“Let’s take a new one when we have time.”

“Miyoung-ah,” Minah turned her chair so that she was facing her twin, Sehun and Jooheon flinched and looked away.

“Yes?”

“Should I be worried?” She asked her, Miyoung titled her head at the girl.

“I don’t think so.”

“Are you sure?”

“I am. I just really think we need a new photo. The five of us.” Miyoung winked at her before leaving the room, Sehun turned to his fiancé.

“Don’t buy it. We should be worried.” Jooheon spoke, Sehun gave Minah a small sheepish smile.

“What did the two of you do?” Minah sighed at them.

“It wasn’t us, it’s Miyoung noona!” Jooheon pointed out, a little offended. Sehun chuckled at him.

“Miyoung…Miyoung’s..Miyoung’s going to return the favor Sera did for her. And it won’t be nice.”

“Why? What favor? What did Sera do?”

Jooheon looked at Sehun, Minah’s brows went up.

“You won’t like it.” Sehun told her, he stood up.

“What?”

“It’s about that accident five years ago. I think we should have some tea brought over before we begin?”

Jooheon scrambled out of the room, it was already enough having one pissed Hwang daughter.

Making it two would be highly dangerous.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++