050

Untitled

 

 

 

“You and your sister would fight over this when you were still kids.”

Miyoung grinned at her mother as she joined them at the dining table, Mr. Lee chuckled and filled her bowl with some stew.

“What makes you so confident that I wouldn’t fight unnie over food now, eomma?” She joked, the elder laughed.

“Be nice to your sister, with her wedding coming up, we all know how stressed out she must be.”

“Stressed out? I am the one doing her work, no one’s checking on me.” Miyoung made a face, her stepfather chuckled.

“You’ve always been the tougher one, Young.”

“I’ll take that as a~” Miyoung paused in mid-chew as Shownu and Sehun appeared by the doorway.

“Sehun-ah, Hyunwoo,” Mrs. Lee blinked, surprised with seeing the two males.

“Did you have plans?” Miyoung muttered to her stepdad, the latter shook his head.

“All I know is that we were having lunch with you.” Mr. Lee replied as he put more meat on her plate, she grinned and went back to eating, not even bothering to say hi to the two males.

“Y—You were cleaning your room.” Sehun blurted out, Shownu nodded beside him.

“I was. Yes.” She groaned at him, Mrs. Lee ushered them over to the table and asked for plates from the kitchen.

“What is wrong with you two? Oppa, you’re sweating.” Miyoung looked at the older male, Shownu could only blink back at her.

“I swear to god, if you two came here because~”

“No, we heard that auntie was cooking so…we rushed over.” Shownu quickly stated, the elder smiled at him and patted his hand.

“Huh.” Miyoung replied, Shownu flashed her a small smile.

“You don’t even eat spicy food.” Miyoung looked at her best friend, Sehun shrugged at her.

“This is better than what I was having at the office.”

“Your fiancé’s not even here.” She pointed out, she got shushed by her parents.

“Meens is still at a meeting with our coordinator. I got kicked out.” Sehun grinned at her, Miyoung sighed and shook her head.

“So, I’m assuming you two are also staying over after lunch?” Miyoung said dryly as she picked up her spoon again.

“Of course, they can stay. Hwang Miyoung, be nice.” Mr. Lee said with a smile.

“Thank you, uncle.” Shownu nodded back at the elder as he started eating.

“They’re always here, this is like their fourth time this week, abeoji. I’m starting to get sick of them.”

“Wow, ouch.” Sehun mused, Shownu grinned at the girl.

“Let’s talk later.” Shownu spoke again, Miyoung made a face at him and went back to eating.

 

 

 

Miyoung pursed her lips and leaned back against the lounge, Sehun was inside the house, chatting with her parents.

“You’re not busy today?” She asked him, Shownu was seated across her, he nodded back before replying.

“Not really, actually, I came by to tell you,” He begun, Miyoung faced him.

“About the Jeju thing. We might have to fly there this weekend. I was wondering if you….you want to go together?”

Miyoung’s brows rose at his words.

“You drove all the way here just to ask me that?”

“Y—Yes, why?” Shownu blinked at her, she grinned before standing up and occupying the space beside him on the lounge chair he was sitting on.

“Well, you could have just called, and, it’s not something that should be really pondered about. We can go together. We can even sit beside each other in the plane.” She teasingly said, Shownu glanced at her before opening one arm.

“I was just wondering, just in case, you know.”

“Just in case, what?” Miyoung asked as she leaned against his side, Shownu smiled and kissed the top of her head.

“We haven’t really told the people around us…about us, I didn’t want you to feel like we have to.”

“Are we like…dating in secret?” She was amused, Shownu sighed in reply.

“I’m sorry, I just…I didn’t know you were thinking of these things, oppa. It…doesn’t bother me if people know or not? I mean, the people who know us will probably always think of me as being linked to you, especially now that we’re working together.”

“But..the accident, Miyoung. What if~”

“I don’t think that will be brought up again, you and unnie did a pretty good job with silencing everyone. And if you’re worried about that…other thing, that..incident in New York, don’t. My doctor back there is very meticulous, details about me won’t ever spill.”

“I’m worried about you, Miyoung. Not me.” Shownu said, the girl smiled and she faced him.

“That’s nice to hear.” She said, Shownu sent her a look, she chuckled.

“I’ll be fine, oppa. In fact, I do feel great.” She mused before wrapping her arms around his neck.

“Even though it’s a little annoying that you keep on popping in and out of the house lately, I like that you come over a lot.” She said before kissing his jaw, Shownu smiled and wrapped one arm around her waist.

“Really? Not sick of me yet?”

“No. Not yet.” She joked back, Shownu nodded and pressed his nose against her hair.

“Can we get dessert?” Miyoung asked as she pulled away from him, Shownu nodded back.

“Should we drive out?”

“Yes.” Miyoung nodded back, she slid down from the seat and tied her hair up.

“Give me a minute to change,”

Shownu nodded back and watched as the girl jogged back to the house, Shownu exhaled and leaned back. He felt someone sit across him and he looked up.

“Hyung, you can be a pain sometimes. Of all places, really.” Sehun sighed as he tossed the box to him, Shownu expertly caught it and chucked it in his coat pocket.

“You were at a board meeting, hyung.”

“It’s fine.”

“Did you cancel it?”

“She wants dessert.” Shownu said in reply, Sehun slowly shook his head.

“Whoa, I guess you do love her.”

Shownu rolled his eyes in reply.

 

 

 

“You’re alone?” Hyungwon looked up as Minah joined their table, Ara smiled at the girl.

“Sehun suddenly had to meet up with Shownu sunbae or something. I don’t know, he seemed in a rush.” She shrugged before taking her seat.

“Things must be hectic for you, the wedding date’s approaching soon.” Ara spoke, Minah oculd only smile at the girl.

“Miyoung’s presence at the office is a great help, I think the other directors are terrified of her.” She mused, Hyungwon grinned.

“Actually, I wanted to chat with you two for a bit, that’s why I asked you to lunch.”

“Is something wrong?” Hyungwon asked, Ara picked up the menu and looked at the girl.

“I don’t think I’ve thanked you enough, Hyunwon-ah. If..you hadn’t gotten curious about the incident from before and Sera, all these…would never come to light, you know.”

Ara smiled at the girl.

“Something just didn’t feel right.” Hyungwon said.

“I know, and up to now I feel really bad for not noticing it, you know. And, I even tried..talking Shownu sunbae into giving him and Sera a chance.”

“You did? Did it work?” Ara grimaced, Hyungwon sent her a look and she quickly explained.

“I mean, I’ve seen the way he looks at your sister. He..loves her, he’s terribly obvious about it.” She blurted out, Meens smiled at her.

“Exactly, and I’ve been called as Son Hyunwoo’s best friend for years. I feel bad for not..seeing that, or maybe I was just..thinking he got over because my sister left.”

“He didn’t get over. Not one bit.” Ara mused, Hyungwon sighed at her but he was smiling.

“That, I know too. I’ve never seen him this angry, Sera may never be able to fight her way through this.”

“It’s what she deserves.” Hyungwon spoke again as he called for a waiter.

“Thank you, Hyungwon-ah. You took care of her when we couldn’t. Ara too, I didn’t expect that you and Young got along well despite that arrangement they had.”

“It was never a problem with Miyoung, Minah. She took care of Eunyoung when I wasn’t able to.” Ara spoke as she reached out to pat her hand across the table.

“You should be careful, Jooheon’s adamant about Eunyoung staying in the family.” Minah jokingly said, the couple laughed.

“She’s considered a Hwang now, please don’t hate us.”

“We don’t mind, Minah.”

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, I…kind of forgot that Hyungwon asked me to pick her up.” Miyoung said with a small sheepish smile as Shownu helped Eunyoung climb up in the car.

“It’s okay, Eunyoung is always a welcome guest.” He mused as he faced the toddler, Eunyoung smiled back, her dimples appearing.

“Where are we going, uncle?”

“Hmm, your other mommy wants to get ice cream, but we can change plans. Yours are more important.”

Miyoung scoffed and leaned against the car.

“Then, I want to go to the mall, uncle.”

“Okay.” Shownu smiled, he poked her cheek before strapping her onto the car seat. He carefully closed the door and looked at Miyoung.

“We made plans first.” She pointed out.

“Miyoung-ah, she’s five and she’s kind of your daughter.” Shownu grinned, sensing that the girl was teasing.

“But ice cream.”

“There’s ice cream at the mall.” Shownu mused and patted her waist.

“Y—You’re surprisingly taking this well.” She said, preventing him from opening the passenger seat, Shownu looked at her.

“What?”

“Eunyoung..she might call me mommy for a long time, you know. And I was worried that you’d be put off by that. But, you just addressed me as other mommy..so, I’m touched, Son Hyunwoo.” She said with a small smile, Shownu’s brows rose and he scrunched his nose at her.

“Well, you helped raised her. And, I know she’s important to you. So, she’s important to me too.” He said to her.

“And, you think I’d be put off just because she calls you that? Can you imagine how I felt when this little angel, without explanation, suddenly appeared and addressing you as mommy at that party?”

Miyoung grew sheepish and looked away.

“Besides, she’s probably my favorite Hwang girl right now.” Shownu chuckled before tugging the girl towards him.

“She’s everyone’s favorite, Jooheon bought her one of this electric bicycles and he even customized it for her.” She chuckled and hugged him back.

“Miyoung-ah,”

“What?”

“I love you. I always have.”

Miyoung paused, she slowly pulled away to meet his gaze.

“That’s a bit random, oppa.”

“I just wanted to get out there. I feel like I didn’t say it enough back then.” Shownu cupped her cheek, Miyoung smiled.

“But, we were never that type.” She chuckled.

“I know.”

“But, I love you too.”

“Really?” Shownu’s face brightened up, Miyoung winked at him.

“I love you despite the fact that you kept a ring inside my room of all places, Son Hyunwoo, you strange fellow.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++