020

Untitled

 

 

 

Sehun picked up his sandwich eyed his friend briefly.

“Right, I was born here but I moved to the US after high school.” Hyungwon spoke, surprisingly, Minah got along with him well, despite her doubts.

“That must have been hard, and you started H One Jewels after college?” She continued, Miyoung mentally sighed and pushed her coffee away.

Shownu glanced at the youngest Hwang, sensing her uncertainty.

“Yes, back then I really wasn’t expecting for the company to grow this quick.” Hyungwon said with an easygoing smile.

“Why aren’t you eating?” Sehun spoke, Miyoung grimaced when all eyes went to her.

“They didn’t have wheat bread. Do you not like it?” Hyungwon turned to her, Miyoung shook her head.

“No, no, this is fine.” She said to him, Shownu picked up his coffee and took a small sip.

“Right, hyung,” Sehun leaned forward, the older male faced him.

“I spoke with director Shin about the budget, I might have to set an appointment with you next week.”

“Ah, for the expansion? You guys finished reviewing it already?” Shownu said, Miyoung chewed on her lower lip.

It was uncomfortable as hell. And she knew that she deserved to be uncomfortable right now.

“Yes, I have been told to speak with the company’s bank already. Which means, you.” Sehun said with a grin, Shownu shook his head at the male.

“Bank?” Hyungwon sounded genuinely curious, Sehun’s brows went up.

“Ah, Shownu sunbae’s family runs ShinHan Financial Group. It’s kind of an inside joke between us, we refer to him as our bank.” Minah informed him, Hyungwon’s brows went up briefly but he nodded in reply.

“Right, oppa, why didn’t you bring Sera along? Miyoung’s back, does she know?” Minah asked with a smile, Hyungwon noticed how Sehun rolled his eyes, he grew amused.

“A—Ah, I forgot to call her. But..I’ll tell her.” Shownu nodded, Miyoung looked up from her sandwich. Something was wrong there. There was a sudden change in his tone.

“You don’t have to tell her. She’s going to be sticking like glue to us again, sorry, hyung, but I’d like my friend all to myself now that she’s back for a couple of months.” Sehun announced, Minah hissed at him.

Shownu broke into a smile and Miyoung felt like being slapped. He was just so him.

“I’ll keep that in mind, you can keep Miyoung all to yourself.” He stated, Miyoung paused at the mention of her name coming from his lips.

Minah chewed on the insides of her cheek.

“You wanted the same thing before, but we’re not going to bring that up.” Sehun mused.

“Oh Sehun!” Minah kicked his shin, Miyoung’s forehead creased and she carefully picked up her purse. Shownu’s eyes widened, he watched as she slowly stood up.

“Are you okay?” Hyungwon turned to her.

“I—I have to fetch Eunyoung from Jooheon’s office. Can we go? Just have our food packed for to go.” She spoke, Hyungwon smiled and nodded. He picked up their plates and walked towards the counter.

“Don’t kill me.” Sehun spoke as soon as the other male left, Shownu exhaled and looked away.

“I won’t. But he knows.” Miyoung stated, not wanting to look at Shownu.

“What?”

Minah paused and looked at her sibling.

“My husband is aware of who…Shownu oppa was to me. So, stop it, it’s not funny.”

 

 

 

Miyoung looked around the study as she walked in, Hyungwon had set up most of his things the past few days. And the whole room almost resembled his office back in New York, she smiled.

“I leave in a bit; do you need anything? Eunyoung mentioned that you two are going out today.” She said, Hyungwon looked up from his computer and broke into a smile.

“Yes, she wanted to see this palace downtown. I don’t want to crush her, but I think she’s not aware what kind of palaces we have here.”

Miyoung chuckled, their daughter was probably thinking of a Disney-esque palace and not the traditional Korean style ones.

“It’s a learning experience, but please make it fun for her.” She sighed at him, Hyungwon grinned and nodded.

“So, working with your sister. I’m surprised.”

“I felt bad. I know I should help her even though…it will cause quite a stir.” She shrugged as she leaned against his desk.

“Is it okay to ask? I have some questions.”

“Okay. Shoot.”

“Your friend, Sehun,”

“Ugh. Why?”

“I noticed how he seems to be open about not liking your other friend. Sera?”

Miyoung’s momentarily froze and he caught that.

“Is she..the..one?” Hyungwon carefully asked as she reached for her hand, Miyoung swallowed and nodded.

“They never got along.”

“What’s her name?”

“Yoo Sera.” She answered, Hyungwon smiled and brought her left wrist to his lips.

“Have fun today, send my regards to your sister.”

“You too, please don’t stress out our daughter.”

Hyungwon snorted at her, Miyoung chuckled and made her way out of the study. The male stood up and rolled up the sleeves of the white Prada sweater he was wearing.

He heard the doors open again and he turned.

“You called for me, sir?” His secretary walked in, Hyungwon nodded back at the male and gestured for him to take a seat.

“I want you to look into someone.”

“Yes, who?”

“A certain Yoo Sera. She went to the same school as my wife. They were classmates too.”

The male nodded back while taking notes.

“What else, sir?”

“Just that. I’d like to know if there are things one should be aware about her.”

 

 

 

“I see you and Sehun are still on this cold war thing.” Minah said as her sister walked across the lobby, she noticed how some staffs would stop and stare at the girl. A lot of people weren’t aware of her and did not know how she looked. And rumors of the younger Hwang twin joining them had everyone curious.

“He started it.”

“I’m not here to take his side. I’m here to show you around.” Minah said as she offered her hand to the girl, Miyoung pursed her lips and hooked arms with her instead.

“It may not be easy for you, but I am happy that you’re back.”

“Really? It didn’t feel that way a few days ago.”

“I did that because I don’t want you two to be awkward and all formal around me, Young.” She stated, she saw her secretary rushing towards them, she felt Miyoung sigh.

“Unnie,”

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to ask questions. You know me.”

“I know.” She murmured as they got inside the elevator, Minah’s secretary smiled as she followed them. She had only heard of the Lotte Group’s youngest daughter from senior employees and they were quite right. Like Hwang Minah, Miyoung was just a beautiful and petite. And they were also correct about how the two seem to be opposites. Her boss was dressed in neutral colors, a white and beige Chanel skirt suit, while her twin was in an all-black ensemble with a matching Alexander Wang long coat that reached past her knees.

“So, what are the basics, unnie?”

“I doubt you’ll have difficult time, you run H One Jewels. That’s a big operation.”

Miyoung shook her head and the doors closed before them.

“Hyungwon does almost everything, I just sit and look at numbers.”

“Eomma called last night, and don’t worry, I didn’t mention you.” Minah said, the doors opened again, and they stepped out.

“She says they’re flying out in two weeks’ time; they will be home for the engagement party. I just wanted to give you a heads up, that’s all.”

Miyoung quietly nodded and she puffed her cheeks.

“I don’t think she’d react like me.” Minah offered, a little guilty.

“I know, I’ll…talk to Hyungwon about it.”

Minah smiled as they reached her office, her secretary set the folders on the desk.

“You will be working with Secretary Hong. She’s been working with us for three years now, say hi.” Minah spoke, Miyoung turned to the lady.

“Nice to meet you, it’s Miyoung.” She stretched one hand to her, the latter took it and greeted the executive politely.

“Now, shall we start?”

“You know, as much as I’m touched that you’re very welcoming, unnie or president,” Miyoung said, her tone a little teasing. Secretary Hong looked on amused.

“It sounded like a curse.” She finished, Minah sighed at the girl.

“Are you going to do it or not? You promised.”

“I did, but I just realized how rash I was. You’re mean when you’re being serious.” Miyoung mused, Minah rolled her eyes at the girl.

“You will have to attend a meeting at two this afternoon, ma’am. President Hwang…Minah will also be there, the board is excited to meet you.” Secretary Hong chimed in, Minah smiled at her sister.

“The Lotte zombies? Are they still a little cold to you? Do you need me to fix them up for you?”

Secretary Hong stifled a laugh.

“I remember director Shin being vocal years back, he said that a woman should not lead Lotte. I wanted to put him in a sack.” Miyoung continued as she ran her fingers through her hair.

“You see, only Sehun can match with your energy. You two should make up. Now, let’s go.” Minah sighed as she pulled the girl with her.

 

 

 

Shownu set his pen down and tugged on his necktie, he let out a shaky breath as he pulled away from the table.

“I won’t. But he knows.” Miyoung stated, not wanting to look at Shownu.

“My husband is aware of who…Shownu oppa was to me. So, stop it, it’s not funny.”

“Was.” Shownu said to himself, his eyebrows grew knitted together.

“I am a was now.”

He was about to call for his secretary when the doors suddenly opened, Shownu paused, surprised to see Oh Sehun standing before him.

“Yes, yes, she didn’t kill me. But she won’t talk to me either.” He said as he shut the door behind him, Shownu nodded and stood up.

“You..You shouldn’t have done that. Everyone knows she’s on edge.” He spoke, Sehun saat down and looked at the male.

“Why are you like that, hyung? Are you not curious? You must have some questions too. I know you do.”

“I thought you were here to talk about work.” Shownu said as he took the leather seat across him, Sehun smiled.

“Somehow, you still understand her. Most people, normal people, would ask questions. And yet you had sandwiches with her husband.”

Shownu looked at his lap, not knowing what else to say.

“I don’t like it, hyung.”

“What? Her being married? They have a child, Oh Sehun.”

“No, not that. I don’t how she is right now. It…It doesn’t seem her. Not Miyoung. Not the Miyoung I grew up with. And don’t give me that crap about people change as they age.”

“I won’t. Look at you.”

Sehun rolled his eyes and pushed the folder towards the older male.

“This is good, I’ll have our legal team prepare the necessary papers.” Shownu nodded while skimming through the documents.

“Hyung,”

Shownu looked at the male, Sehun grew serious.

“I’m just telling you this because I know Minah wouldn’t believe me. But she…she…Miyoung doesn’t seem like herself, that’s why I’m..trying to get into her nerves. But she doesn’t snap back, like the old times. And that..frustrates me.”

“It frustrates you because it’s peaceful?”

“I’m serious, I don’t think anybody notices but she wasn’t like this. She may not be the talker, but she wasn’t dead inside.”

“What are you saying? She seems fine.” Shownu said, unsure of what to say.

“She looks fine. But she was never the timid type. And that…irks me.”

Shownu grew quiet, he could only back.

“I’m not saying that..it’s because of you or whatever happened before, I just really needed to talk about it. Because she worries me.”

“That’s natural, you two are like siblings.” Shownu said to him, Sehun smiled to himself.

“It would have been perfect if you two really ended up together. Life..would be easier.”

“Don’t let her hear that.” Shownu mused, Sehun stood up and the older male followed him.

“I know you’re just saying that to put up a face, hyung.”

“Sehun~”

“But I really do hope you two remain friends, you were good for her. You always have been.”

“I don’t think she’d like that. Being friends. Or..even being near me.” Shownu said as they stepped out of his office, Sehun glanced at him.

“I don’t think the same.”

The two males peacefully walked to the elevators, Shownu felt troubled. Sehun did make sense, Miyoung seemed different.

Too different.

“She referred to you as “was”. That must have hurt.” Sehun suddenly spoke, Shownu turned to him.

“But it is the truth. And that always hurts.”

Sehun paused, now he was the one unsure of what else to say, he pressed his lips together as he looked at his friend. He could see how Shownu was all tensed up, there was a permanent frown on his face too.

She still troubles you. She always has.

“Hyung,”

“Yes?”

“Would it be mean of me to ask you to let her go?” Sehun asked, Shownu shook his head at him.

“No. It’s the right thing to do.”

“But,”

The doors opened, Sehun got inside and faced his friend.

“Does it feel right?” He stated as the doors began to close, Shownu exhaled and walked back to his office.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++