019

Untitled

 

20XX

 

 

 

Shownu lifted the box of booklets and followed his classmates towards the stairs, the two ahead of him were chatting.

“Really? So, they’re twins?”

“I heard, the one who drives the Audi is older, that’s what I heard.”

Shownu grew amused, he had an inkling who they were talking about.

“So, the other girl?”

“The one who wears a lot of black? She’s the younger one, I heard she’s quite a handful back at her old high school.”

Shownu quietly kept his pace and hid his smile.

“The famous Hwang twins, but I’m confused. I want to introduce myself, but that guy is always with them. The basketball team’s new talent, Oh Sehun. Is he dating them both?” The other one said with a chuckle.

“I don’t know, but hey, dibs on the spunky twin, she’s my type. You can ask out the smart one if you want.”

“Both of them are smart ones.” Shownu said, the two turned to him.

“Huh?”

“The~”

“Shownu sunbae!”

The two males were no longer looking at him, but at the girl jogging towards them. Shownu turned his head and smiled at Minah.

“Y—You know her?”

“Minah,” Shownu said, he set the box down as they girl reached him, he realized that his classmates were already staring. Minah waved at him, she was dressed in her usual denim skinny jeans, a dainty lavender sweater with sunflower patches on it and a pair of Gucci loafers.

“Hi, I was tasked to give you this.” She said in between breaths as she took out an envelope from her purse, Shownu nodded at her.

“It’s this Lotte party thing, can you pass it on to your parents?”

“I will, aren’t you late for class?”

“I am quite late.” She sighed, and then the girl paused when one of the males cleared their throats.

“Hi, we’re from the same department. Are you friends with Hyunwoo too?” He spoke to her, Shownu grew amused.

“Yes.”

“Then, we’re your sunbaes. I’m~”

“I’m running really late. But it’s nice to meet you.” Minah, always the polite one, said with a small smile before rushing off.

“Hey, how do you know her? You two seem pretty close.” Shownu’s classmates started to attack him with questions.

“Can you introduce us? She’s really pretty, she’s got all the guys from~”

“Oh, oppa,” Another feminine voice chimed in from the back, Shownu turned again and smiled at her. His classmates grew silent again as they stared. Miyoung was wearing a black mini dress that rested a few inches above her knees, platform Vans and an oversized leather jacket hung over her shoulders.

“You’re late for class.” Shownu stated as the girl reached him.

“I am, I accidentally removed my alarm clock’s batteries.” She stated with a shrug, Shownu eyed her warily.

“Accidentally?” He repeated, the girl broke into a smile.

“Hey, it can happen.”

“I doubt.”

Miyoung was about to reply when one of Shownu’s classmates extended his hand to her, she blinked at him.

“We met your sister earlier, we’re Shownu’s~”

“Anyway, I have to get going. Lunch later?” Miyoung asked, Shownu nodded back at her.

“Maybe we should have food delivered. I have a feeling you won’t like the menu today.”

“Call me.” She said while tugging on his sleeve, he leaned down and the girl kissed his cheek before heading off. Shownu looked at his classmates again, they were staring at him wide eyes.

“So…you..and one of the Hwang twins?”

“Yes. Oh Sehun is only dating one of them, not both.”

 

 

 

“So, you decided not to go to class.” Sehun mused as Miyoung joined him at the corridors, the two were on their way to the next class.

“I didn’t feel like it today.”

“That’s what you say on a daily basis.”

“Eh.” She replied, they saw Minah at the lower floor, she was talking with some friends while walking. Sera was also with their group.

“Why is she still lurking about? This is a big school. Can’t she make new friends.” Sehun commented as they got inside their lecture hall.

“Who?” She asked as she took out some chips from her backpack, Sehun opened of the bags.

“That girl you saved because she couldn’t stand up against her bullies and has continued to do so for four years.”

“Sera? Stop being mean, you don’t even have new friends yourself.”

“I am not. I just don’t like how she’s always around you two, she’s not like your triplet or something.”

“I still don’t understand where all this hatred is coming from.” She said as she started munching on some chips, Sehun rolled his eyes at her.

“Like I said, she keeps on lurking around. Don’t you think that she’s way too friendly with your boyfriend?”

“Shownu? I don’t think so. Maybe it’s because she doesn’t have a lot of male friends?” She shrugged, Sehun was about to reply when one of their male classmates suddenly sat down with them.

“You can’t sit with us.” Sehun stated as he set his backpack aside, Miyoung sighed at him.

“Miyoung-ah, hi. I was just wondering if you’ve already partnered up with the upcoming report professor Noh has tasked for us.” He said while leaning forward.

“Actually, I already spoke to Sehun about it. We’re doing it together.” Miyoung nodded as she shifted away from the male, his cologne was harassing her nostrils.

“Really? That’s too bad, I wanted to get to know you better.” He said while scratching the back of his neck, Sehun shook his head to himself.

“Hey, so what about coffee later? There’s this new place that opened a few days ago, if you’re free maybe we can~”

“Maybe you’d like to be thrown into the pool by the university’s pro swimmer? The boyfriend.” Sehun happily hummed as he picked up the chips again, the male’s eyes went to him.

“I have a boyfriend, I don’t think he’d like it if I joined you for coffee.” Miyoung nodded at him.

“Swimmer?”

“No, a merman. Please go. Your cologne is hurting my nose .” Miyoung stated at him, her usual flat and cold tone making an appearance, the male flinched and backed away. Sehun grinned as his friend showed her true colors.

“You couldn’t continue the whole being nice act, huh?”

“At least, I tried. You never do.”

“Eh.” Sehun shrugged back at her.

 

 

 

Jooheon sipped on his coffee as he walked with his sisters.

“Eomma suggests we avoid dark colors. I think with that she means you, second noona.” He turned his head to Miyoung.

“Should I wear a merry red or an enticing ethereal hot pink?” She mockingly said, the siblings were at the mall.

“How about a muted coral?” Minah spoke, the youngest twin shook her head.

“You two used to coordinate, why not bring it back?” Jooheon suggested as he held onto Minah’s hand, they got on the escalator.

“What do you think, Young?” Minah asked, Miyoung shrugged.

“Yellow?”

“What about matching suits, noona? Eomma didn’t particularly mention dresses.” Jooheon grinned, the twins chuckled.

“You’re a genius, Honey.” Miyoung mused as they got off the escalator.

“Don’t we have that long semestral break coming up? Should we plan something?” Minah asked as they approached the boutiques.

“Japan?” Miyoung spoke, she saw Sehun walking over to them.

“Whose turn is it to choose this year?” Minah asked, Sehun reached them and she stretched her hand to the male while speaking with her siblings.

“Shownu hyung’s, I think.” Jooheon said.

“What’s this about?” Sehun asked as he bumped fists with Miyoung with his free hand.

“What do we do during our break, or where do we go.”

“How about we swim with sharks this year?” Sehun suggested with a chuckle, Jooheon glared at him.

“Let’s do that next year, come with me before you two start bickering again.” Minah was smiling as she pulled the male with her.

“But, noona.” Jooheon spoke as he walked with Miyoung.

“Hmm?”

“What about New York? We’ve always wanted to come back.” He said as they followed the couple.

“But I don’t see myself going back there anytime soon, why, do you want to go visit?”

“They don’t have sharks there, right?”

 

 

 

“I don’t know, I’m bored. The whole class seems dry.” Miyoung said as she picked up her tray of food, Shownu followed her.

“You said it was an advanced class.” He said as he got them drinks, she nodded at him.

“I know, but…it seems so…unchallenging. I don’t get how my sister is enjoying it.” Miyoung continued as they sat down.

“How are your classes? You haven’t been training.”

“I have exams next week, so, coach said I don’t have to attend training.” Shownu replied, Miyoung nodded back as she examined her salad.

“I told you we could go out and get something to eat. You don’t like the food here.” He said with a smile as she opened the container, she shook her head and took a sip from her water bottle.

“Right, oppa, this weekend,” She said as she transferred bits of cheese and carrots to his bowl.

“I have this team building thing here at campus, for freshmen, I’m not sure if I can still go with you to get a suit.”

“It’s alright, what time do you finish? I can pick you up.”

“Around noon. And are you sure about attending that Lotte thing? You have exams, we can just both ditch it and study.”

“It’s always bad when you suggest studying. It scares me.” Shownu jokingly said, Miyoung rolled her eyes and started eating.

“Sehun doesn’t want to be seen in public with me.” She said conversationally, Shownu almost laughed.

“What happened now?”

“One of his teammates asked if he was cheating on Minah unnie with me. Or vice versa.”

Shownu pressed his lips together, stopping himself from laughing.

“Boys are so nosey.”

“They’re curious because you two are unapproachable. Especially you.”

“Hey!”

“But that works for me too, so, don’t change that.” Shownu mused before leaning over to brush the bits of croutons off the side of her lip.

“How do you find college so far? Are things okay?” Shownu asked as he picked up his fork, the girl nodded in reply.

“I guess? Abeoji mentioned that it’s time we drove ourselves to school. He wants to get us cars.”

“Ah, what kind?” Shownu continued, but Miyoung was staring elsewhere, he followed her gaze and his brows rose. A bunch of older guys were hovering around Sera as she got her food. They were all laughing while looking at her in this nasty way, they were eyeing her exposed legs.

Miyoung’s lips thinned.

“I heard you tried out to be one of our cheerleaders, are you serious?”

“Do you not own a mirror? With those thighs, I’d feel bad for the ones who’d see you dance.”

Sera was noticeably shaken, but she chose not to react to them. But everyone could see how she was close to tears.

“Miyoung-ah,” Shownu spoke, Miyoung’s eyes went to him.

“I don’t understand, I thought college guys would be better than high~”

“Oppa, how do I look?” Miyoung asked as she brushed her hair down, Shownu blinked at her.

“If I answer this, you’ll stay still, right?”

“I’ll stay with you; other guys are terrible.” She replied, Shownu grew amused.

“You always look pretty.”

“Thanks. But I said I’ll stay with you, not stay still.” She winked at him as she stood up and hopped towards the bullies.

“Hi, sunbaes!” Miyoung said as she walked up to them, the boys stopped, instantly recognizing her.

“Hwang Miyoung?” One of them spoke, Shownu felt a little uneasy on his seat as one of the guys started staring down at his girl’s neck then down to her chest.

“You’re right, I just wanted to say hi and make sure you knew my name.” Miyoung said in a pleasing tone, she could feel Sera’s eyes on her.

“Of course, we know you. You and Sehun are pretty tight, he’s our best recruit this year.” One of them said as he inched closer to her.

“That’s good, because if you spoiled, good for nothing morons bother my friend again, I’ll knee your balls.” She said using the same sweet tone, the boys were stunned.

Shownu leaned back on his seat and smiled to himself, he saw Wonho walk in and his friend looked amused.

“W—What?”

“Do I really need to say it again?” Miyoung chuckled, her smirk appeared.

“What is she up to? Aren’t you stepping in?” Wonho asked as he joined him at the table.

“She can handle them; she’ll look here if she needs help.” Shownu said, but his eyes never left the girl.

“Hey, we let you walk around the court because you’re pretty. But this attitude won’t work well, Hwang Miyoung.” One of the guys tauntingly said, Sera started to tug on her friend’s sleeve.

“Miyoung, let’s go.” She whispered to her.

“Hey, basketball dude, you’re only tall, not good looking. Just tall. So, don’t think too highly of yourself, I don’t even know your name.”

The cafeteria grew silent, and the other students could be seen stifling their laughs.

“Y—You~”

“Just tall. Handsome? No.” Miyoung winked, as if explaining to them, and then she grabbed Sera by the arm and pulled her along.

“Hey, they might try to get back at you.” Sera murmured as they walked, she saw Shownu and his friend waiting for them.

“That’s the time when I hide behind Son Hyunwoo.” Miyoung chuckled at her as they reached the table, the girl plopped down beside Shownu.

Sera’s forehead creased briefly, but she smiled at the group.

“Join us, Sera.” Shownu spoke, Miyoung was already chatting with Wonho beside him.

“N—No, it’s fine, sunbae. Thanks for helping me out, Young-ah.”

Shownu nodded back at her, he turned to Miyoung again, asking if she was okay.

Miyoung blew her a kiss, the girl turned away from their table and her fists curled in annoyance.

“She’s showing off again.”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++