028

Untitled

20XX

 

 

 

Minah was smiling as her sister joined her at the table, Miyoung paused, a little weary.

“You look..cheerful.” She said, Sehun joined the two, he had their food with them.

“Well, school’s almost over, shouldn’t we be happy about it? We start training with secretary Joo next week.” Minah said, mentioning their mother’s chief secretary at the office.

“She’s excited to work.” Miyoung grimaced, Sehun nodded and put Minah’s bowl of mixed fruits infront of her.

“You might enjoy it, Young.” Sehun commented, Miyoung sighed at him.

“You don’t have to take her side. I’m your best friend,”

“That would be unwise.” Sehun said, Miyoung was about to throw the packet of ketchup at him but Minah sent them a look.

“Okay, grownups. I’m going to use the restroom for a while, please, please, please, do not fight with each other.”

“Unnie, I~”

“Shush.” Minah stated, Sehun stuck his tongue at Miyoung and that earned him a slap on the arm.

“You too, Oh Sehun.” Minah sighed before leaving them, Miyoung laughed and started eating.

“What are your weekend plans?” Sehun asked her.

“Jooheon and I are visiting this aqua park that his dad wants to buy. I’m not sure about why, but it seems fun.”

“How about we visit that snack bar we used to frequent? The one a few blocks away from our old school.”

“But, don’t you have to attend that telco event with your pare~”

“Hi, guys.” Sera joined them and she put her tray of food on the table, Sehun’s lips thinned and he slowly pulled his tray away from hers.

Miyoung sent him a look.

“Hey, what’s up? How did your exams go?” Miyoung asked her, Sera picked up her bag of chips.

“Not so good, I’m worried.”

“Of course, you’d be worried.” Sehun solemnly nodded, Miyoung kicked him under the table.

“You’re alone, Shownu oppa’s busy?” Sera asked the girl, not hearing Sehun.

“Why is she asking the obvious? He’s not here.” Sehun grumbled while stuffing food in his mouth.

“He has exams today, I think his whole day is just…exams. Right,” Miyoung started to gather her things, Sehun glared at her.

“Don’t you dare.” He hissed at her.

“I have to buy him lunch. Just stay here.”

“I can do it for you, if you’re busy.” Sera chimed in, also getting ready to leave, Sehun laughed at her.

“It’s fine, he can get a little sensitive when it’s exam week. See you later.” Miyoung said before rushing away from them, Sera’s forehead creased but she slowly took her seat again.

Sehun eyed the girl briefly and started eating again.

“Well, only Miyoung can deal with a sensitive Son Hyunwoo.” He said to Sera with a small shrug.

Not you, of course.

 

 

 

“This is it.” Miyoung commented with a grin as they went down the steps, Minah turned to her.

“What are you talking about?”

Shownu was right behind the twins, checking his phone for messages.

“This is the boyfriend’s last schoolyear, after this I’m free.” She stated, Minah balked at her. Shownu looked up from his phone, amused.

“I’m right behind you.” He said with a small smile.

“She..probably doesn’t mean it, sunbae. Right?” Minah nudged her sister, Miyoung winked at her.

“Anyway, I’m off to get Professor Im’s syllabus. I’ll grab you a copy.” Minah said before setting off, Miyoung felt Shownu’s palm on her back.

“Is your father still being subtle about you joining him?” She asked as they walked across campus, Shownu nodded at her.

“How subtle?”

“Last night, over dinner,” Shownu begun, Miyoung shook his arm off and held his hand instead.

“He was talking about company perks. So, a car, a condo unit and so on.” Shownu mused, his fingers tightening around her palm. Miyoung grew amused as he shrugged.

“So, you’re really not going to tell him yet? I mean, you are going to join him, why make them all be on the edge of their seats?”

“It’s fun to see the elders grovel, even just for a bit.” Shownu winked as they reached her lecture hall, Miyoung took a glance at the room and he noticed how the girl’s lips pursed.

“Don’t. I know you think this class is boring.”

“I don’t even have to take it, it’s that stupid curriculum and electives~”

“I’ll see you at lunch?” Shownu mused before kissing the side of her head.

“You won’t. Sehun asked me to help him out with his presentation. How about afternoon snacks?”

“Alright. Don’t ditch classes, please.” Shownu said to her, the girl rolled her eyes and went into the room. He watched as Miyoung took her seat and chatted up with her other classmates.

“Oppa, you’re here.”

He turned just as Sera reached the doors, Shownu nodded at her.

“Have fun at class.” Shownu said before moving away, Sera glanced at the room and saw Miyoung inside. Her forehead creased but she called the girl as she went in.

Of course, it’s always you.

 

 

 

“This….This isn’t the presentation.” Miyoung commented as she got out of Sehun’s Audi, the latter smiled at her.

“How long are we going to be here? I was planning not to skip any classes today.” She wondered as they walked towards the mall’s entrance.

“I see Shownu hyung asked you not to ditch classes again.” Sehun mused as they got inside the building, Miyoung let out a small yawn before nodding.

“I was supposed to meet him for lunch, anyway, what’s up?”

“I need your help.” Sehun stated as they got in the escalator.

“Don’t you always?” She replied as her eyes wandered around, she spotted her favorite pastry shop.

“I’m running out of ideas, Young. And,” Sehun held on to the strap of her bag as they got off the escalator.

“What? Ideas?”

“Your sister’s birthday is coming up next month, and I don’t know what to~ Oh.” Sehun paused, noticing that look Miyoung was giving him.

“Right.” He grimaced, Miyoung slowly shook her head.

“Are you okay? Did you forget something?” Miyoung cooed at him, attempting to poke his cheek, Sehun shooed her hands away.

“Twins.” He said in a dark tone, the girl laughed.

“I’ll get your gift today too, so let’s go.” Sehun moved ahead of her, Miyoung jogged after the male.

“I’m honestly hurt. I’m your best friend, how could you forget? Oh Sehun, you really have changed. Just because you got a girlfriend now, you toss me away? I’m Hwang Miyoung, the very same Miyoung who’s been putting up with you for~”

Sehun took out his phone and searched Shownu in his contacts, Miyoung chuckled and elbowed him.

“I’ll let this go if you buy us lunch.”

“No, I just asked Shownu hyung if he could come collect you, you brat.”

“But, I wanted to hang out with you,” Miyoung laughed as they entered one of the boutiques.

“No, no, no. It’s time I get new friends.”

The girl was laughing as Sehun approached one of the sales assistants.

“Sehun?”

“Hmm?”

“Can we get steak for lunch? I’m hungry.”

Sehun gave her a thumbs up before talking to the male again.

 

 

 

“Hello, other daughter.” Mr. Lee said as Miyoung joined him at the dining table, she looked around.

“Your mother already left for the airport, her flight is at ten, your sister also left earlier. Sehun came by to pick her up. What time did you sleep last night?”

“Wrong question, abeoji.” She grinned at him as she poured herself a cup of coffee, the elder chuckled.

“What time did you get in last night?” He mused at her, they heard Jooheon by the living room, he was probably playing with the PlayStation.

“My friends and I decided to try out his new place in Hongdae, abeoji. And, let me tell you~”

A car had pulled outside the curb.

“I’ll get it! It must be the package I’ve been waiting for!” Jooheon hollered, Mr. Lee hummed back at his son.

“They serve the best draft~”

“Shownu hyung!”

“Oh, .” Miyoung halted, Mr. Lee’s brows rose and he watched as the girl hurriedly picked up her toast and coffee. She was about to make her way towards the backdoor when a familiar figure appeared by the kitchen doorway.

“Good morning, Shownu.” Mr. Lee greeted him with warmth.

“It’s good to see you, uncle. Miyoung-ah?”

Mr. Lee looked at Miyoung, the girl had a sheepish smile on her face as she slowly put her food down.

“You see, I was planning to call you. But then,”

“Then?” Shownu echoed, Mr. Lee’s brows rose higher and he started to chuckle.

“Second noona’s in trouble! She got home last night around two in the morning,” Jooheon called from the living room, Miyoung let out a small chuckle.

“It was actually at one forty-three…a.m., and I wasn’t even…drunk.”

“Really.” Shownu replied as he leaned against the doorway, he crossed his arms, but he had a small smile on his face.

“You know what, you kids have…fun. I’m going to head to work. I see my other daughter is in trouble. I’ll see you later.” Mr. Lee slid down from his seat, he patted Miyoung’s cheek before leaving.

“What happened last night? You weren’t picking up.” Shownu asked her, Miyoung pressed her palms together.

“I was out with the girls, Sera was there too.”

“You told me that. I asked if you needed a ride home, you didn’t reply, Hwang Miyoung.” Shownu let out a sigh, Miyoung slowly walked towards him.

“It really slipped my mind, but you know I would call if I get into…trouble. Or if something comes up. I didn’t want to disturb you, I know you have your exams and,” She continued as she put her hand on his shoulders.

“It’s not really worth losing sleep over, I got home okay. See?” She gave him a small shrug.

“Bold of you to assume I got to sleep.” Shownu murmured, she chuckled before tucking herself under his chin, he smiled and automatically wrapped his arms around her.

“I’m sorry, I’ll call next time. But I sent you a text.”

“Did you check whether it got sent after typing?” Shownu mumbled back, he felt the girl go still in his arms and he let out a laugh.

“Figures.” He said, Miyoung craned her neck to see his face.

“I really am sorry; you should rest today. We don’t have to go out.” She murmured as she tried to kiss his cheek but ended up kissing his jaw instead.

Shownu smiled and nodded.

“We need to.”

“Why?” Miyoung pulled away from him, Shownu tucked her hair behind her ear before replying.

“It’s my last few weeks as a student, and I’d like to spend time with you before my father whisks me away.”

“Whisks you away? To where? Your main office in Gangnam?” She snorted, Shownu rolled his eyes before kissing the top of her head.

“Take your time getting ready, I’ll be at the living room.” He stated as he grabbed her half-eaten toast and called for Jooheon.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++