005

Untitled

20XX

 

 

 

Miyoung grimaced as their mother continued talking, rather, scolding her. Minah sent her sister a look as the girl rolled her eyes while mouthing words at her cereal.

“See? This is what I’ve been telling. Time will come that the school will~”

“What, eomma? Kick me out?” Miyoung asked, Jooheon walked in the room, he happily kissed the elder on the cheek to greet her a good morning before sitting down.

“So, you have joined us in war, son.” Mr. Lee mused as he picked up his coffee.

“Exactly! How could you do that? You keep on leaving the school premises, a month ago, they caught you vandalizing the fence~”

“By vandalizing, you mean I caught one of our teachers were being peeping toms and tried to check out the lady who worked for mart beside the school?”

Jooheon hid his grin, their mother sighed.

“Miyoung-ah, if they kick you out, then~”

“They can’t kick me out.” Miyoung confidently spoke as she poured herself more coffee, Minah leaned back on her seat, curious as to how her sister would get out of this again. Someone from their school’s admin called Mrs. Lee yesterday, informing her that Miyoung had been causing trouble at school and has been skipping classes. Again.

“Haraboji donated a building. The entire library and south wing is named after him.”

Jooheon’s father stifled a laugh and his wife hissed at him.

“It’s true, abeoji. I was there during the ribbon cutting.”

“Hwang Miyoung!” Mrs. Lee warned her, MInah shook her head at her twin.

“Fine, fine. I’ll try to attend more classes.”

“More classes? So, you’re going to ditch the other ones?” Minah said dryly, Jooheon looked at the twins.

“Some classes aren’t worth one’s time, unnie. Do I need to sit through another hour of listening a lecture that I already know about?”

“You know…honey, listening to her, Miyoung..has a point. She has perfect grades too.” Mr. Lee murmured, Miyoung grinned at her stepfather.

“Stop taking her side, she’s already stubborn as it is.” Their mother groaned, Miyoung winked and bumped fists with Jooheon.

“Miyoung, you better get your act together. The school~”

“Probably needs another building again, should I call halmeoni this time?”

“Hwang Miyoung!”

 

 

 

“Cheer up, noona. At least they didn’t make you walk from the house.” Jooheon said as he sat down beside Miyoung, the girl rolled her eyes and looked ahead. It was a Saturday, and she was supposed to be still rolling on her bed, enjoying the weekend. But no, their mother forced her out of the house and demanded she attended this school event. Her sister’s swimming competition, she pursed her lips and stared at the pool. Joohoen handed her cola and and some chips.

“I still want to sleep.” She murmured as she leaned against him, the girl paused when she felt someone sit beside her.

“Wow, seeing you at a school event feels weird.” Sehun said teasingly, Jooheon grinned at him.

“Aren’t you also here because of my sister?” She said dryly, and that immediately shut him up.

“Oh, our school’s team.” Jooheon spoke, Miyoung looked ahead and realized that Minah was waving her over, her brows rose, realizing that she had the girl’s phone in her pant pocket.

“Give me a sec,” She mumbled as she went down the bleachers, she made her way through the other students and reached the barricade.

“Unnie, I think abeoji sent you a text.” She said as she handed the device to her, her eyes briefly went to the male beside her sister.

“Really? Ah, right, sunbae,” Minah turned to the male beside her.

“This is my sister, Miyoung. Miyoung this is Hyunwoo sunbae.” She said, Miyoung nodded back at the male.

“Nice to meet you, Minah’s sister. You can call me Shownu.” He spoke as he stretched one hand to her, Miyoung took his hand.

“Have fun..swimming away then.”

“You mean, good luck.” Minah mused at her, the girl rolled her eyes.

“Break a leg sounds better.” She retorted, Shownu grew amused. He was right, the twins were total opposites

“Just like Junhwi’s windshield? Broken and looks better?” He said with a grin, Minah turned to her friend while her twin’s eyes narrowed into tiny slits.

“Break both legs, double the luck.” Miyoung chirped before stomping away from them.

“What was that, sunbae?” Minah asked as their coach called them over.

“Nothing, your sister seems fun.”

“You mean dangerous? Yes.”

 

 

 

“Congratulations, sunbae.” Sehun spoke as they walked in the chicken restaurant, Minah was ordering for everyone while Jooheon stood next to her, whispering what he wanted to eat.

“We’ll all fit here, right?” Miyoung asked as she reached an empty table, Sehun nodded at her.

“You and Minyoung aren’t in the same class?” Shownu asked as he sat down across the girl, she shook her head.

“I was supposed to be, but I transferred.” She shrugged, Sehun was looking at Minah as Jooheon helped her with the trays of food. Sehun stood up and walked towards them, Miyoung grinned to herself.

“You transferred.” Shownu stated, her eyes went to him, she pursed her lips.

“I don’t do well with…people who are too serious. Unless, you’re my sister. The first class was just too boring for me, everyone liked reading and simply competing with each other for school rankings. I prefer,”

“Getting into trouble and being yelled at by our mother at six in the morning.” Minah finished for her, Miyoung rolled her eyes and Jooheon handed her the bucket of chicken.

“You got yelled at?” Sehun asked as he sat down beside her, Miyoung nodded back and grabbed a burger.

“Not really, but it was a long talk about me vandalizing or something.” She shrugged, obviously not giving a damn. Shownu smiled and looked away, Sehun paused. He saw that.

“Unnie, it’s unfair. He reported that I spraypainted the wall because I saw him peeping at that lady who works for~”

“Still, was it necessary to pour superglue on his seat at the faculty office?” Minah spoke as she put chicken on her plate, Jooheon grinned.

“I didn’t do that alone. Sehun was with me,”

Sehun narrowed his eyes at her, Minah skeptically glanced at him.

“It was your idea. I only accompanied you.” Sehun grumbled under his breath, Shownu listened as the twins bickered.

“Then, was it okay that he was being ert?” Miyoung shot back.

“She has a point, noona.” Jooheon said, Minah hissed at him.

“Don’t take her side, Jooheon-ah.”

Sehun picked up his chicken, his eyes went to the older male again and he grew amused. Minah’s swimming champion senior kept on glancing at Miyoung. And he was pretty obvious about it.

“Unnie, he’s a big . I know he’s great at teaching math but, seriously, ugh.”

“Fine, I believe you. But super gluing his eyeglasses as well?”

Shownu and Jooheon burst into giggles, Minah sighed at them.

“See? It’s funny.” Miyoung beamed at her.

“So funny that it will cost us a building.”

Miyoung chuckled and continued eating, Sehun glanced at her then at Shownu. He chuckled to himself and started eating, he felt Jooheon nudging him.

“What is it?” He asked him.

“That hyung keeps on staring at your sister.” Sehun whispered to him.

“Which one?” Jooheon whispered back.

“The troublemaking one.”

Miyoung suddenly sat up, her eyes were on the doors.

“Oh, Sera?” She spoke, the girl turned and blinked at her. Minah glanced at her sibling.

“You know her?”

“She’s from our grade.” Sehun spoke, Miyoung smiled and waved the girl over. Shownu followed her gaze, his brows rose. It was the girl from the other day, the one that was being bullied by Junhwi and his friends. Miyoung stood up from her seat and hopped to the girl.

“Join us, we just started eating.”

“A—Ah, it’s fine, Miyoung-ah, I ca~”

“It’s bad to eat alone. Join us.” Miyoung said as she pulled the girl to their table, Sera stilled as she reached the group. Minah scooted over and made room for her.

“That’s my sister, Minah, my brother, Jooheon. And Sehun and Shownu sunbae.” Miyoung said as the girl sat down, she looked up and met eyes with Shownu, he smiled before pushing the chicken to her.

“N—Nice to meet you, sunbae.”

 

 

 

“How about the arcade?” Jooheon asked as Miyoung looped arms with him.

“Don’t we have exams next week?” Miyoung let out a small yawn, the group was already done eating. Shownu was walking with the two, while Sehun had joined Minah and Sera..

“Noona, you never study. You don’t need to.” Jooheon pointed out, the girl chuckled at him.

“Hyung, you’re off to university next year, right?” He asked, the older male nodded back at him.

“Have you chosen your major?” Jooheon asked, Miyoung turned her gaze to him.

“Something business, most probably.” Shownu said.

“That’s the safe option. At least you’re out of high school in a matter of months.” Jooheon replied, Shownu nodded at him.

“You? Have you ever thought of what to take?” Shownu looked at the girl, Miyoung smiled at him.

“Must I really? I have two more years.” She jokingly said, Jooheon shook his head at her.

“I’ll get there when I get there.” She puffed her cheeks as she looked ahead.

“Unnie,” She called to Minah, the girl looked up.

“I have to go first. I’ll see you at home.”

“Miyoung, where~”

Miyoung hailed a cab, and soon she was gone.

“Total opposites, huh, hyung?” Jooheon spoke to the older male, Shownu nodded.

“She’s..fun to talk to.”

“Fun? That noona rarely talks to strangers, it’s good she even calls you sunbae.”

“You and Miyoung are from the same class?” Minah asked, Sera nodded at her.

“I sit a few desks away from her, although, I rarely see her at class.” She replied, Sehun grinned to himself.

“Well, that sounds like my sister.” Minah said with a smile.

“But she’s always been so nice, she once kicked one of male classmates because he was making fun of me,” Sera said, but her eyes were elsewhere.

Minah followed her gaze, she paused. The girl was looking at Shownu with that very same look that most girls had when they stare at him.

“Then, excuse me, Minah.” She spoke, Minah nodded back at her and watched as Sera approached Shownu and Jooheon.

“How cute.” Minah smiled to herself, she turned to Sehun.

“Thanks for coming today, although I know that Miyoung harassed you to.”

Sehun shook his head.

“No, I self-invited, she messaged me to complain about it.” Sehun said, Minah nodded back without looking at him.

“Do you…feel uncomfortable that I came to your meet?”

“N—No, I just thought Miyoung forced you to.” She murmured, her cheeks getting a little pink.

Sehun turned to her and he reached out to touch her arm, Minah paused and she faced him.

“Minah-ya, I..know this a bit too sudden, but…are you free tomorrow?”

The girl paused, her brows going up.

“I..think I am. Why?”

“Can I ask you out?”

“H—Huh?” Minah stammered, she could feel her cheeks heating up, but Sehun was simply smiling at her.

“I am asking you to go on a date with me.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++