003

Untitled

20XX

 

 

 

“Thanks for driving us, abeoji.” Miyoung spoke as the car pulled to a slow pause, Minah glanced at her sister briefly. She addressed their deceased father “appa”, and their stepfather as “abeoji”, at some point she remembered being offended by her sister’s quick adjustment to their new family, but she soon came to realize that the president Lee really had become their father. The man had to adjust having two new teenage daughters and he seems to have adapted really well, even though sometimes he spoiled them a little too much.

“It’s nothing, thank you for volunteering to show Jooheon around,” He stated.

“We’ve been waiting for Jooheon to transfer, abeoji. Don’t worry, he’s in good hands.” Minah said with a smile, Miyoung opened the door and slid down first.

“See you later!” Jooheon chirped, the elder watched as three youngsters headed for the school gates, the twins had hooked arms with his son as they chatted.

“So, just so you know, I don’t really hang out with other humans in this place. I have one friend and he’s cool.” Miyoung stated as they neared the gates, Minah caught the look the two shared.

“Hey, you two.” She warned them, Jooheon laughed.

“Noona informed me about this basketball dude who happens to like you, noona.” Jooheon hummed, Miyoung grinned at him.

“Unnie has this sunbae she’s close with, never met the guy. But knowing her, it must be one of those honor society geeks.” Miyoung spoke as they reached the gates, she saw Sehun waiting by the gazebo.

Minah paused, she turned thoughtful.

“That sunbae..he doesn’t look like a nerd.” She spoke, then the girl paused when she realized that Oh Sehun was walking towards them.

“Jooheon-ah, this is Oh Sehun. Sehun meet our Honey.” Miyoung let go of Jooheon and punched Sehun by the arm.

“Hi, nice to meet you.” Jooheon said, Sehun smiled back at him as Miyoung padded towards the school building.

“I see your sister was polite enough to even stay here as we introduce ourselves, but hello, Miyoung has been talking about you transferring here.”

Minah turned her gaze away, suddenly very conscious for how her hair looked like.

“It’s good to see you, Minah-ya.” Sehun said, Jooheon turned to his sister, Minah pinched his arm.

“Hey.” She blurted out, Jooheon grimaced.

“I’ll go check on Miyoung before she gets into a fight again.” Sehun smiled before walking away from them, Jooheon turned to his sister with a mischievous grin.

“Don’t start.” She warned him as she took her backpack from Jooheon, she paused.

“This isn’t mine.” Minah blurted out as they went up the steps, Jooheon walked behind her.

“You must have switched bags with Miyoung noona.”

 

 

 

Shownu nodded at his friends for them to go first, he took out his phone and looked at the screen. It was his father.

“Yes, abeoji.” He answered as he slowly made his way towards the cafeteria for lunch.

“It’s this weekend, it’s..a final competition.” Shownu said, he chose to take the longer route to the cafeteria to avoid other students.

“Yes, I’ll be there. It’s on Sunday, I have nothing going on by then.”

Shownu paused when he noticed a group of three male students, their backs were facing him. He could hear them laughing as they crowded in front of another student, Shownu slightly pulled his phone away from his ear and walked closer to them.

“Are you eating out here so that no one would see you, piggy?”

“Look at all the food you have in there, are you going to feed the other class too?”

They all snickered, Shownu saw the girl they were laughing at, she looked familiar too him. She was hunched over packed lunch while the boys continued to say bad things about her.

“Aren’t you guilty? You keep on eating, look at how big you are. You make our uniform look bad.”

“Son?” Shownu heard his father’s voice from the phone.

“I’ll call you back later, abeoji.” He spoke, he approached the group steadily, he recognized the bullies, it was Kim Junhwi and his friends.

“Your sneakers look like they’re about to burst from housing your piggy feet too!” They continued laughing and then Shownu halted when a feminine voice added.

“Wow, now you bother girls while they’re eating too? This simply screams big energy.”

The males quieted down, Shownu tried to look for the owner of the voice, but her face was covered as she stood between the girl and the boys.

“Stay out of this!”

“I mean, sure, nothing screams manly as bullying your juniors and targeting their weight. How about you show us your eight-pack abs and perfectly toned arms then?” She taunted them, Shownu was about to speak but he noticed a teacher already jogging towards them.

“Of course, I bet your lanky asses can’t even carry a stack of books without crying for help.” She mused just as the teacher reached them and proceeded to break the argument, Shownu shook his head to himself and went to the cafeteria.

 

 

 

“I don’t see Miyoung noona.” Jooheon said as she sat downa across his sister and her friends, Minah took a look at her pals and realized that they were all staring at him with admiration. Minah shook her head, girls were already crushing on Jooheon and his bedimpled smile.

“She usually sits with Sehun and,” Minah glanced over their usual table, Sehun was with his friends as they ate. Miyoung wasn’t seated beside him.

“She must be at the library then.”

“Or she skipped class.” Jooheon mused, Minah shook her head at him and they started eating.

“But, noona, I heard you have a competition this weekend,”

“I do, you should come by and watch. I have practice this afternoon, so, you’re going home with Miyoung.”

“Do you practice alone? Or~”

“Minah-ya,”

Jooheon looked up as a male student stood before their table.

“Sunbae,”

“They’re moving practice to tomorrow, coach wanted to use the outdoor pool but it started raining outside. The indoor pool was reserved by a club too.” He explained, his eyes darted over to Jooheon briefly.

“Ah, I get to go home early then. Right, Hyunwoo sunbae, this is my brother, Jooheon. Jooheon-ah, he’s part of the swim team, Hyunwoo sunbae.”

“Most people call me Shownu, nice to meet you.” Shownu extended one hand to him, Jooheon nodded back and shook hands with him.

“I have to get going, I have report I need to turn in. See you tomorrow then.” Shownu patted the girl’s shoulder before moving along.

“I see the famous Hwang twins are surrounded by handsome men.” Jooheon hummed, Minah smiled at him.

“That sunbae is just a friend to me, I’ve known him since freshman year.” Minah said as she transferred more meat to his plate.

“Hey,”

Minah looked up, Sehun was standing before them with his tray in hand, Jooheon waved him over.

“Join us,”

“Have you seen Miyoung? We have a project we need to finish before the next period, but she’s not taking my calls.” Sehun said as he sat down, Minah glanced at the windows, it was raining outside.

“I texted her earlier, but she didn’t reply. I think..she stepped out of campus again?” Minah said, Sehun shook his head.

“I doubt noona would do that, it’s pouring outside. And, doesn’t she always cut class with you?” Jooheon blinked at Sehun, the other male grew flustered as he felt Minah’s gaze on him.

“W—Well, we had no plans today.” Sehun stammered, Minah chuckled and continued eating.

“She’ll probably reappear later, you know her.” She said, Sehun slowly nodded back and continued eating. Jooheon was about to leave his seat but his sister pulled him back down.

“Noo~”

“Just finish your rice, Lee Jooheon.” She hissed at him, Jooheon rolled his eyes at her.

 

 

 

Shownu put his tray down and exited the cafeteria, he was headed to the direction of his next class when something caught his eye.

“Minah?” He blurted out, the girl was walking across the field with a blue umbrella and a baseball hat in hand. Shownu looked at the hoodie the girl was wearing, it was issued by the school to the swim team and it had their names emblazoned on the back. Shownu turned to the cafeteria building again. He was just talking with her a few minutes go, how did she get at the field so fast. Shownu watched as Minah effortlessly leapt over the school fence and she was making her way towards the campus parking lot.

“That’s not Minah.” Shownu murmured, he leaned against the post and watched as the person wearing his friend’s hoodie walk around the lot. It seems like she was looking for something, or someone’s car perhaps.

And then the girl suddenly climbed on one of the car’s hoods, it was a BMW model. Shownu balked, and then she raised the bat over her head and swung it so hard that it cracked the windshield on her first hit.

Shownu moved forward, wanting to see her face. The girl continued to bash the bat against the glass, the alarm even went off but she was smiling. She does not seem to be worried that someone might actually see her.

His eyes went to her face, now he was certain. That wasn’t Minah.

“The twin.” Shownu murmured to himself, and then the girl paused to look, no, admire her work. She jumped down from the car, just as she was about to leave, she met gazes with him. Shownu looked away, surprised by how beautiful she looked despite her hair being drenched from the pouring rain.

He then realized that the car she had just damaged was Kim Junhwi’s car, the bully from earlier.

Minah's twin held his gaze as she tossed the bat, it perfectly landed on the BMW’s hood with a loud dent causing thud.

Shownu’s eyebrows went up, she winked at him before disappearing through the bushes, seconds later he saw a bunch of security guards rushing to scene. 

He turned his head and saw the girl already within campus grounds and she was casually hopping towards the cafeteria with a smirk on her face.

“Total opposites.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++