025

Untitled

 

 

 

Miyoung let out a shaky breath as the Rolls Royce lurched forward, she leaned back on the leather seat and closed her eyes.

“Are you okay, ma’am?” The driver asked her with concern.

“I’m fine. Is Hyungwon at work?”

“Yes, he asked me to inform that the young miss is with his uncles.”

“Uncles?”

“Your cousins, ma’am.”

She smiled and nodded, Miyoung pushed her purse away from her and gazed at the window.

“I was gone for five years, if he really wanted you, then you would be Mrs. Son by now. No, I don’t even have to leave for him to choose you.”

How could she say that? She shouldn’t have acted like that, she shouldn’t have used that against Sera. But she felt cornered, how dare her attack Miyoung on her own turf like that?

Where did Sera even get the guts to harass her right in front of her family’s company building?

She curled her fists and exhaled.

But she had no right to be angry. She still didn’t even understand why Shownu was acting like nothing happened. He wanted to be friends too.

“Friends.” She murmured under her breath, her brows rose.

“I was friends with Sera too. Look where that~”

The car suddenly halted, she looked up, the driver seemed confused as he stared ahead. Miyoung followed her gaze, and spotted a black Mercedes Benz blocking their way.

It was blocking them from entering the condominium complex’s parking lot.

“What~”

Miyoung froze as the door opened, her mother slid down and she was staring right back at her through the tinted glass.

Oh .

“Ma’am, it’s~”

“Ahjussi, can you Tokyo Drift us out of here?” She blurted out, the male turned to her and blinked.

“Yes?”

“I am so going to die.”

 

 

 

Jooheon joined the couple at the dining table, he leaned forward, pressing his palms against his cheeks in the process.

“What’s this, noona?” He asked, Minah carefully placed a phone on the dining table, Jooheon grew confused.

“You sounded frantic on the phone, what’s up? Are you okay?” Sehun asked as he walked in, he gave Jooheon a fist bump before greeting Minah with a quick kiss. Honey made a face at them.

“I was gone for five years, if he really wanted you, then you would be Mrs. Son by now. No, I don’t even have to leave for him to choose you.” She spoke, the look on her face was unfathomable.

“I didn’t forget. And, I realize now that my leaving didn’t even change anything. He, Son Hyunwoo still didn’t choose you. So, back off and mind your own business. Because I don’t have time for this bull.” Minah trailed off, her forehead creasing.

Jooheon and Sehun looked at each other.

“W—What are you saying?”

“Miyoung left her phone at my office earlier,” She pointed towards the device.

“So, I ran after her, but then, I heard her and Sera talking. And…And..I don’t know what to make of it.” Minah crossed her arms and pressed her lips together.

“What did you hear?” Sehun asked as he took a seat.

“It was about Shownu sunbae. And how she thinks that Miyoung is trying to lure him back to her.” Minah said, Sehun could see the confusion in her eyes.

“She said that to her?” Jooheon mumbled under his breath, a little peeved.

“Sera said that Miyoung destroyed everything. And that, Shownu sunbae..has always been hers. It…gave me the creeps. Has she…Has she..always been~”

“So obsessed with him? Yes.” Sehun said, not missing a beat. Jooheon looked at his sister, Minah looked away.

“I can’t believe you’ve witnessed it. Wow.” Sehun said with a small smile, as he stretched his arms.

“Has it..Has it always been that way?” Minah spoke, Jooheon wanted to nod first.

“Are you finally seeing it, noona?” Jooheon softly said, Minah chewed on the insides of her cheeks.

“It’s the way she spoke to Miyoung…with so much hatred, I..dont understand..it doesn’t make any sense.” She stammered as she leaned against the table.

“Babe, I think you just saw Sera’s true colors.” Sehun said as he walked to her and slowly wrapped his arms around her.

“Sehun-ah, it sounded like she was bullying Miyoung. Miyoung. My sister, Miyoung.” Minah murmured against his chest.

“That’s why I’m trying to find out what really happened, it simply doesn’t make sense for Miyoung to let that girl stomp all over her.” Sehun replied.

“No, I think Sera should be careful. What if one day, Miyoung suddenly decides to be her old self again? And this Miyoung chooses not to be friendly with her anymore?” Minah said as she pulled back to meet his gaze, Jooheon snorted.

“That would be the end of Sera.”

“Old self? You think she and Shownu hyung could still~”

“I didn’t mean that.” Minah grumbled, Sehun chuckled and nodded at her.

“Come on, we all like Hyungwon, of course, but Son Hyunwoo…is Son Hyunwoo. We all have to admit that everyone was expecting for them to end up together.” Sehun shrugged at his fiancé.

“But you’re right, Sera should be careful. Miyoung may snap any moment, that would be a party then.” Minah softly said, she glanced at her sister’s phone again.

“But, noona,” Jooheon began, they looked at him.

“I kinda miss the old Miyoung noona.” He said with a smalli smile.

“Same.” Sehun shrugged before taking his fiancé’s hand in his.

“I…I need a minute.” Minah murmured before going up to her room.

 

 

 

Hyungwon looked at the business card before him, his brows rose and he looked at his assistant.

“What’s this?”

“It’s about the bungee drop place, sir. I went to visit the site, there have been quite a few of changes the past years.”

“Changes.” Hyungwon repeated, his phone buzzed and it was Miyoung, telling him that she’d be home early. He sent her a smiley emoji before facing her secretary again.

“There’s a new owner now and he gave me that, the previous owner is said to have moved here downtown, sir.”

Hyungwon read the details on the card and he nodded.

“But there’s something weird about it, sir.”

“What?”

“I did a check on him, five years ago, around the time of the accident, he suddenly received a huge amount of money. It was wired to his account, and,”

“Did you try tracing the account?”

“Yes, it’s an account with KB Financial, sir. I wanted to ask if you’re okay with that.” The male asked, he looked a little hesitant. Hyungwon pursed his lips at the mention of his family’s company.

“G—Go ahead, I’ll give my cousin a call, leave the account number here, is there anything else?”

Hyungwon’s phone started to vibrate on his desk, but he chose to ignore it.

“Like you suggested, sir. I brought photos of Mrs. Chae’s friends with me, he recognized only one person.”

“Who? Oh Sehun?”

“No, vice president Oh wasn’t there on that day. But, he was able to say this person’s name.” The male took out a photo from his coat pocket, Hyungwon took it from him.

“Yoo Sera.” Hyungwon murmured, his secretary nodded back.

“He wouldn’t say how he knows her, but all the man could say that, she was very gutsy and demanding. The park was supposed to be closed that day, but she forced him to open the place.”

Hyungwon’s brows went up, he glanced at the business card again.

“Work on finding out about that bank account quickly, it’s weird, the accident caused quite a stir in the news. Why did he receive money after that?” Hyungown stated, he stood up and finally checked his phone. It was Miyoung, and her text only read,

SOS!

“Have the car ready. Make sure Miyoung doesn’t find out we’re checking on this.”

 

 

 

“What? What did you just say?” Shownu slowly looked up from the photo he was holding, his secretary paused, seeing the expression on his boss’s face.

“You asked me to look into a couple of things a few weeks ago, sir. This is…what I found.” He carefully said, Shownu’s forehead creased. He had sent his secretary to New York weeks ago, he only wanted to know a bit of the truth. Of what really happened to Miyoung the moment she landed there, but this, the photo in his hands was too much.

“I—It doesn’t make any sense…this…she…” Shownu didn’t know what to say, a million thoughts started running in his head.

“Yes, at first I thought the same thing, sir. You asked me to look into the child’s details..it made sense. Her date of birth, the names on her birth certificate. They all seem legitimate, until,”

“Seem?” Shownu repeated, he put the photo down and looked away.

“What we found was Chae Eunyoung’s other birth certificate. It’s fake, sir.”

Shownu’s lower lip quivered, he loosened his tie and debated whether to grab his phone and call her.

“And, the real one. With the real details.” He said as he produced a photocopy of the said document, Shownu leaned back on his seat, his eyes zeroed in on the date written on the paper.

“But, that picture. Hyungwon is there, with Miyoung.” Shownu stated, still trying to make sense of everything, his fingers hovered over the birth certificate and he swallowed.

“Exactly, vice president. I think..we have strong reason to believe that~”

“That what? They’re lying to everyone?” Shownu intervened, he exhaled and pushed the photo away from him.

“Vice president, I know how~” And then the male paused when the doors suddenly burst open, Shownu quickly tucked the photo in his coat pocket and straightened the expression on his face.

“Sunbae!” Minah was standing by the doors, her eyes as wide as saucers. Shownu cleared his throat and stood up, it wasn’t like her to be coming unannounced like this.

“M—Minah-ya, hey. W-What brings you here?” Shownu put on a smile, his secretary gathered the folders on his desk and excused himself.

“Sunbae, you can’t.” She breathed as the doors were closed behind her.

“What?” Shownu froze by his table. Did the girl find out? Does she know that he had people look into Miyoung’s family in New York?

“Mi~”

“It can’t be Sera, sunbae. You..You can’t be with her. I..I won’t allow it.” Minah seem to be struggling with her words.

“Minah, what~”

“Please, don’t choose her, sunbae. I know you don’t really like her, you don’t have to be her just because she took care of you when you were injured. It doesn’t work that way.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++