016

Untitled

 

 

 

Mommy?!

Hyungwon’s eyes went to the male before them, he felt Miyoung tensed up beside him and his brows rose. He looked at the lady who was standing by the table, then at the male.

“U—Unnie,” Miyoung blurted out, the girl slowly shook her head.

“You….You’re impossible.” She spoke, Hyungwon’s brows grew knitted together as he realized who she was. He watched as Miyoung’s older sister pull away from the table and walked out of the party.

“Noona, what’s going on?” The male who had screeched earlier suddenly spoke, Miyoung turned to him, still at a lost.

“I..I..” She glanced at the doors again, Hyungwon dropped his arm. She let out a shaky breath before running after the other girl. Eunyoung looked up, trying to see the male’s face.

“What’s so wrong about calling her that, appa?” She spoke, Hyungwon was about to pick her up, but the male leaned down.

“You’re…my sister’s daughter?” He spoke, his eyes still wide. Eunyoung turned to her father, hesitant.

“Say hi, he must be mommy’s brother.” Hyungwon gently nudged her, Eunyoung pursed her lips before facing the male again.

“Hello, my name is Chae Eunyoung.” She said as she stretched her hand out, Jooheon smiled and shook her hand.

“I’m uncle Jooheon. Nice to meet you.” He chuckled, the girl smiled back at him. Jooheon stood up and faced the male.

“You know me.” Jooheon spoke, Hyungwon slowly nodded.

“Miyoung talks about her family. A lot.”

“I wish I could say the same. I~”

“Oh! My favorite family is finally complete!” Minhyuk said as he hopped towards them, and then he saw Jooheon. The male halted, and then his brows slowly went up.

“Did you realize something? Something important?” Hyungwon said, his tone dry. Jooheon swallowed and glanced at their table again, Shownu’s seat was already empty.

Minhyuk’s hands flew to his mouth, realizing his mistake.

“Oh no.” Jooheon murmured under his breath, and then he felt someone tug on the sleeve of his coat.

“Are you older than my mommy or younger?” Eunyoung asked him, Jooheon broke into a smile.

“I’m your mommy’s honey. So, you can call me uncle Honey.”

“Miyoung…and Jooheon. Right. .” Minhyuk blurted out, Jooheon balked at his friend and covered the toddler’s ears.

“Hey! Watch your words!” Jooheon glared at his friend, Hyungwon broke into a smile before extending his hand to him.

“It’s Hyungwon, I’m your…sister’s husband, and this is our daughter, Eunyoung.”

 

 

 

Miyoung jogged after the older girl as she marched down the empty hallway.

“Unnie, wait!” She finally reached the girl, Minah halted and spun around to face her.

“What? You’ve been living in New York for five years. You got a job.”

“Unnie,~”

“That’s all you told me. New York and a stable job. That was all you told me when I asked, Miyoung. And, I expected you to be honest with me, because I’m your sister.” Minah snapped at the girl.

“You were gone for five years, and I know that you weren’t ready to share what really happened. But, to keep something…something as big as this, that..I can’t accept that.”

Miyoung’s lower lip quivered and she exhaled.

“I…wanted to tell you but..”

“But what? You weren’t ready? You think I was ready to find out that you got married without telling me? And,” Minah shook her head.

“I had to find out like this? At a party?”

“Unnie, I was planning to introduce you and~”

“You could have at least texted or emailed me, Miyoung. But no, you chose to live in recluse, for whatever reason you have, you have been neglecting us, your family for years. And we’ve been letting you because we’re trying to understand you.”

“I wasn’t neglecting~”

“Then being unreachable for five years was not neglect? I finished university alone, I was alone during my graduation because you left me. You left Sehun. You left Jooheon. And you…you left him!” Minah shot back at her, Miyoung stilled.

“I understood all that. I let it slide. But, you got married, had a baby, and you weren’t even bothered to tell us?”

Miyoung looked away, not letting her tears slide down.

“Even though you left one of my closest friends while he was at the brink of death, I never asked you anything. I could have had people search for you, but I didn’t. Because I knew you had your reasons. But this…But this is too much, Miyoung-ah. What are you going to tell eomma? What about abeoji?”

“I was waiting for them to arrive and gather everyone, I~”

“Waiting? Your child can talk already, how long was this waiting period of yours?” Minah shot back, her cheeks growing pink.

“You…You can go home and forget about the wedding.” Minah stated before turning away from her sister, Miyoung let out a breath and covered as tears slowly rolled down to her cheeks.

 

 

 

“It’s Hyungwon, I’m your…sister’s husband, and this is our daughter, Eunyoung.”

Shownu paused as the male’s words reached him, he turned his head slightly and saw Jooheon speaking with the new face. His forehead creased and he made his way towards the doors, he heard someone call for him.

“Hey, I didn’t know you’d be able to make it.” Wonho was smiling as he approached his friend, Shownu gave him a quick nod but he continued walking.

“Hyunwoo-ah,” Wonho reached his arm, Shownu stopped and he faced him.

“I—I can’t stay long, I’m sorry.” He brushed him off, Wonho’s nodded back, stunned at his behavior but he could only watch as his friend left the party. He quickly beelined for the doors while loosening his tie. He didn’t know what to think.

Miyoung got married, the whole time she was gone, she was already taken. Shownu exhaled as he reached the doors, all he could see in his head is her smiling and joking from years ago. That smile that was only for him.

He walked through the doors and tucked his tie in his coat pocket.

“She has a family now.” Shownu spoke softly, he leaned back against the wall and exhaled again. He heard footsteps coming from afar, he turned his head.

He felt his stomach tighten as he watched her walk towards his direction, but he couldn’t look away. He didn’t want to.

I miss you, Hwang Miyoung.

As if hearing him, the girl paused and looked up. He saw how her eyes widened briefly, and then she diverted her gaze.

He wanted to talk to her. He wanted to know why.

He knew he should be mad at her; he should be demanding answers from her. She was the one who left. She disappeared on him when he needed her most.

But, he could never be angry at her.

“Miyoung-ah,” Shownu spoke, he pushed himself off the wall, but the girl recoiled. Shownu stopped moving, and then two males approached her.

“Ma’am, the president called to tell us to have the car prepared. Are you ready to go home?” One spoke, Shownu’s brows rose up, Miyoung faced the two and nodded.

“I’ll go back inside first, I need to talk to my brother.” She replied, one of the males escorted her towards the party again.

Shownu felt a tap on his back, he turned and found Sera smiling at him.

“Oppa, where are you going? Leaving already?” She asked while touching his forearm, Shownu glanced behind him again, Miyoung was now gone.

“Y—Yes, I’m needed back at work.” Shownu nodded at her with a small smile, Sera’s brows rose.

“I think I ran into Minah inside, why not stay a little longer?” Sera was about to pull him back inside, but Shownu stepped back.

“N—No, I really need to go. It’s good to see you again, Sera.”

 

 

 

Miyoung dismissed the guard and walked back inside, she took in a deep breath and looked around her.

“Miyoung-ah, I’m so sorry. I totally forgot that you and Jooheon are..He was one of my closest friends in high school, it totally slipped my mind that when he transferred~”

“It’s fine.” Miyoung said to Minhyuk, the male puffed his cheeks and offered his arm to her.

“I wanted to surprise you by having Hyungwon and Eunyoung here, I didn’t know that Jooheon would be bringing your...”

“My twin sister with him.” She finished; the older male nodded back at her.

“I’m sorry, Miyoung-ah. I know that you have not yet~”

“It’s fine, go talk to your other guests. I need to talk to Hyungwon.” She urged him, Minhyuk nodded at her and squeezed her hand before stepping away from the girl. Miyoung wrapped her arms around herself as she walked back towards their table, what she saw kind of surprised her.

Eunyoung was seated Jooheon’s lap, clearly happy to be with her uncle while Hyungwon and he chatted.

“Uncle, how do you do this?” She raised the phone she was holding, probably Jooheon’s phone.

“I think you locked it again, I don’t really have a lot of games saved in here.” Jooheon was smiling as he helped the girl with the phone.

“So, your father married their mother, and you transferred to their household?” She could hear Hyungwon speaking, Miyoung smiled to herself, she was about to call for him when someone suddenly stood beside her.

“You’re very brave.” A painstakingly familiar voice made her freeze, she turned her head.

“You almost killed him, and yet here you are, hopping around parties as if nothing happened.” She continued speaking, Miyoung was about to pull away from her but she yanked her back.

“You said you weren’t coming back. What a joke.”

“S—Sera, don’t~”

“You..You’ve always been bad for him. No, you destroy everything you touch, Miyoung-ah.”

“M—My sister is getting married and~”

Sera scoffed and let go of the girl, Miyoung didn’t meet her gaze and she started to fidget with her bracelet. Her fingertips brushed against her wrist and she halted.

“How dare you come back, Hwang Miyoung?”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++