Chapter 35

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 35

NORMAL POV

 

Sana was watching her watch from time to time waiting to receive a report from her pack member patrolling the border if Dahyun had arrived. But as of the moment, she had received no news. She felt uneasy as if there was something wrong. 

 

“You have been looking at your watch every minute now. It will not make the time go faster, Sana” Momo said trying to create a light atmosphere inside the Alpha’s office.


“I am in no mood for your jokes right now, Momo.  Why is she taking so long to arrive here? I should have let some of our members to her” Sana said worriedly trying to massage her temples hoping to ease the pain. 

 

She had not been sleeping properly  since Dahyun left the Kingdom. Though she had given Dahyun the benefit of the doubt that she would not betray her, there was a gnawing inside her that she knew something happened between her mate and the vampire woman. Just thinking about it and recalling their closeness, Sana could not help but feel jealous. What if that Mina brainwashed her Dahyun. 


Mina could have easily manipulated Dahyun to tell the young doctor some bad things about her. She might have convinced Dahyun not to return to Werewolf Kingdom or worse, what if Mina turned Dahyun into vampire. 


Once a human became a vampire, he or she had no choice but to do whatever his or her maker commanded. It was called absolute obedience that no bond could break. If Dahyun would become a vampire, Mina could easily manipulate her and might erase her mate’s memory of her. 


*SLAM*


Sana bolted in surprised and looked up at Momo from where she sat. Her friend looked at her seriously and handed her some piled documents she slammed on the table.


“Your thoughts were too loud inside my head. You have to get yourself together good thing that I was able to block your thoughts and isolate it just between us.” Momo explained.


“You are thinking too much about Dahyun and Mina’s relationship”  Momo continued.


“Shouldn’t I? We know for a fact that the vampire girl is lusting over my mate. MY MATE ,Momo. Just the thought of her touching what’s mine…” Sana gritted her teeth in anger unconsciously snapping the pen she was holding.


“Then if it just like what you said…maybe you should think on the positive side that your mate would be unharmed. I am sure Mina will protect her even if it cost her own life. So stop worrying too much” Momo replied calmly.


Sana shot her a suspicious glare, “Since when did you ever call that vampire woman by her name?”


Momo sheepishly smiled “I have worked with her a few times and saw that she is different to what we perceived her to be. Dahyun’s judgement about a person’s character is really accurate so I think you should put some trust to your mate”


“It is not that I don’t trust her. I just don’t like it when I am not around her and I am not there when she needed me the most. I couldn’t repeat the same mistake that I did and let others take over my role in her life” Sana said dejectedly.

 

Momo could only look at her with pity.

 

At the Common Kingdom.


Mina covered Dahyun with her own body once again hugging her tightly knowing there was no time to dodge the bullets. Shots then were heard and the vampire woman was expecting to feel pain from the bullets penetrating her body but she felt nothing. Dahyun and her looked at each other in alarmed before the looked forward to see what was happening. 

 

Alex and his team shot the rebels before they could even fired at them. 

 

“Are you both alright?” Alex inquired looking both of them. They simply nodded. 


“Get the civilians to the secured area, make sure they are well protected. Prioritize women and children. Give some weapons to some volunteered civilians. We need the help we can get” Alex shouted giving instructions to his people. He then put back his attention to both women.


“Here take this gun Dahyun …” Alex handed her a hunter’s weapon.


“What is going on here? Why are you killing off humans and what happened to the vampire community?” Mina threw several questions at him hoping to get some answers. They both notice that the hunters were barging from house to house looking for any potential threat. They then motioned for the civilians to leave the house and follow them to a secured place. 

 

“We don’t know the full details of what is happening but the situation right now is not good. Signals and all transmissions had been cut. Any form of communication even through witches are unable to get outside the Common Kingdom. It is like we are being isolated in this place and could not get any help from the other kingdom” Alex answered Mina.


Dahyun immediately checked her phone and Alex was right. No signal. Her phone’s screen was already distorted from the impact of the car crash.
“What about Chaeyoung? Where is she?” Dahyun asked worried for her friend.

 

A car then stopped in front of them and a man stepped out, he gave the car key to Alex.

 

"That is where we are going right now, we have received some news that our headquarter has been...compromised" Alex said hesitantly.

 

"What do you mean?" Mina asked seriously. 

 

"It seems that Cha Seung Won took over and the vampires are working with him" Alex answered.

 

"But that can't be...that man hates vampires and how could he do that to her niece" Dahyun said softly not believing what was happening.

 

Mina looked around some of the dead vampires she'd known. She knew something was wrong. The entire vampire community would not act so rashly like this.

 

"Our men are already working on surrounding the area of the headquarter. We need to get some supplies and equipments there. If we can find Chaeyoung then, we would bring her with us" Alex said motioning for them to get inside the car but before Dahyun could get inside, Mina grabbed her elbow. The young doctor looked at her questioningly.

 

"It's too dangerous for you. You should go with the other hunters to the secured area for the civillians. Let us handle this" Mina seriously said and Dahyun looked at her unbelievably.

 

"Are you seriously doing that now to me? Do you really think that I would just let you all die and me do nothing about it?" Dahyun asked angirly. Both Alex and his team member looked at each other like they did not want to be involved in whatever their argument they had.

 

"It's not safe Dahyun...You could get killed. We don't know the scope of what is happening here" Mina pointed out emphasizing every word.

 

Dahyun did not reply immediately but looked at the vampire madly before removing Mina's hold on her violently.

 

"I can perfectly take care of myself. If you die there then, I die. We are both in this together and I wont just hide while a friend of mine is in danger" Dahyun said with her eyes full of determination. Mina was about to insist again but the young doctor thought that they were wasting time arguing so she ignored her and got inside the car. 

 

Mina asked Alex for help but the man just shrugged his shoulder before getting inside also on the passenger seat. With a sigh, Mina had no choice but to follow.

 

Alex drove not allowing the enemies to stop them on the way. They were exchanging gunfire along the way while they were being chased by fellow hunters who followed Cha Seung Won. They were surprised to see some Nosferatus also inside their Common Kingdom.

 

"..." Alex cursed when he felt that their car just ran over a dead nosferatus body.

 

"How come the Nosferatus were not attacking them ?" The man who was with Alex shouted as he threw some grenade on his side making the car swayed a little bit from the force of the explosion. 

 

"Something or someone is controlling them...to think that such a large scale of Nosferatus and other vampires could be controlled like this at one. This is truly terrifying" Mina said leaning forward seeing what was happening. 

 

"How can we stop this? Maybe if we stop the very source that is controlling them then, we could end this" Dahyun concluded shooting the tires from the cars who were chasing them.

 

"We are outnumbered and we don't have enough time to do some counter attack. Right now our best option is to rescue as many as we can, get whatever we needed and run to the the other nearby kingdom" Alex said clearly not liking the solution but that was the only thing they could do now.

 

In a short amount of time, he together with his men were able to understand early the gist of what was happening. He instructed his team and the others to form small teams t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter