Chapter 49

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 49

 

 

Normal POV

The rest of the pack followed the Alpha as she left Dahyun and Mina to fend for themselves. No one dared to say anything to the Alpha not even the Elders who seemed surprise by how she easily gave in to their protest, while Momo and Jihyo stayed quiet. 

 

Tzuyu was confused running behind the Alpha, all of them in their own wolf form. She could not put exactly what Sana was planning or why could easily leave behind her own mate with the vampire that she, herself, did not trust. Did she give up already?

 

She had no idea and did not say anything just like the rest of the pack who were following the Alpha's movement in confusion. Then suddenly, Momo discretely changed her course of running on the opposite direction. No one noticed except Tzuyu who was confused. She looked to Sana to see what she would do but the Alpha seemed to not sense it at all. Was she pretending not to noice? She must have told something to Momo through their own mind link. Tzuyu concluded.

 

The Elders did not notice as well. They were too happy with the Alpha's decision of not giving in to her own mate's demand. 


After arriving at the Kingdom, they immediately changed into human form.

 

The Alpha angrily dismissed everyone and asked to be alone. Everyone immediately folloqws.

 

Jihyo tried to talk some sense to Sana but she dismissed her as well. And so everyone called it a night. Tzuyu left as well not daring to do anything of what she saw.

 

Flashback

"Now is not the right time to propose Dahyun to be the Luna, Sana. As much as I am supportive of it but right now hot eyes are watching your every move especially that you just got back" Jihyo said to Sana in one of their private meetings.

 

"The elders they seemed to have gotten stronger influence in the kingdom while I was gone. I can see my own people questioning my disappearance and my every move" Sana confessed her observance.

 

"A lot has happened when you were gone. At first there were small number of our own people voicing out how your priorities are not with the kingdom anymore but with the other kinds. There were rumors spreading among the kingdom about you abandoning your kind to go to the Vampire Kingdom for your human mate" Momo reported.

 

"Someone was spreading the rumors about Dahyun as your mate" Momo continued.

 

"And so, what about it ? Might as well confirm it to everyone if they know it now" Sana said standing up both of her hands on the said of her waist.

 

"A lot of people are against that idea. A human for a mate is something unheard and the elders are voicing this out to everyone" Jihyo countered.

 

"Let me guess, Elder Chou is behind this?" Sana asked clearly getting angrier by the poor mindset of her own people. It had been like this since the reign of her father and being in the Vampire Kingdom had changed her perspective. She wanted a change. A change not only for her benefit but for all kinds including her own kind. 

 

She could clearly remember the last advice of her father- the Alpha King before he was killed by the vampires.

 

"Protect yourself, protect our people and mostly protect your mate. And I am sorry, if I will not be there for you anymore" 

 

But how can she protect all without losing the other one. Her head was aching from thinking too much especially with the impending division in her own kingdom.

 

"I'd like to say yes to that but we cannot make accusation without evidence, Sana. Elder Chou is very wise given at his age and politics has been his expertise. That was why when his family lineage stopped having an alpha bloodline, he still remained influencial" Jihyo explained to Sana.

 

"A lot of riots have been happening not only within our kind with separate opinions but also between humans and werewolves. If Chaeyoung had not intervened then, we would have conflicts with the humans as well. Still I am not sure if Elder Chou and his men are also behind this" Momo butted in.

 

"We need to be very careful of our movements not for my sake but for Dahyun as well." Sana said.

 

"Dahyun is looking for Mina." Momo simply confessed.

 

Silence overtake.

 

"...."

 

"Sana...you have to understand that Mina, a vampire, is already a part of Dahyun's life. With or without your consent, I know she will come looking for her. Do you by any question Dahyun's love for you?" Momo honestly asked and Jihyo looked at Sana for answer.

 

"..."

 

Sana could not hide it in her eyes anymore. She walked back to her own seat and sat exhaustedly. Momo and Jihyo looked at her with pity. At such a young age, Sana was forced to grow up to take charge of the kingdom. She must be perfect in everyone's eyes. She must be strong and firm. She can never make any mistake. That how she grew up, not for herself but for her own kind. A different kind of prisoner that no one could understand even herself.

 

"She loves me and I love her. With or without this mate bond, I know that our love is genuine. It is something that cannot be tamed by anyone and this feeling is the only thing the I have...that I can call MINE alone..."

 

"Bu-but what if Dahyun decided to not choose me...what if she realizes that I am not enough that me as an Alpha is too much for her. I know if that happens...she will choose that vampire. I know it and I don't want it to let it happen especially choosing a vampire - the very creature who took away my parents. Now, will a vampire take a way the only person I can call mine?" Sana shakily confessed showing her vulnerability to her most trusted friends.

 

"Sana..." Momo and Jihyo could only say her name. They didn't know what to advise to their friend and Alpha.

 

"In order to protect her and to shelter her...I know I have to protect that vampire as well. And for a fact that the whole kingdom will be against this idea. I cannot think of a solution anymore..." Sana admitted to them.

 

It was happening again. She knew it very well that the time would come again that she would be forced to choose between her own kind and her own mate. And she knew that this time once she made her choice then, she would lose the other one forever.

 

And she could not afford to lose both or rather she could not afford to make the same mistake as she did before.

 

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

 

Two knocks were heard and their attention was diverted by Tzuyu barging in. The woman was surprised to see the three of them having a private meeting but chose to ignore it.

 

"I have received some news from our men that they found Dahyun leaving our borders" Tzuyu reported which made Sana stood all of a sudden.

 

"And no one even attempted to stop her!?" Sana angrily shouted which made all of them flinched.

 

"Even I, myself, questioned the guards but they said that there was an order from you to let her do what she wishes. She was seen by some guards leaving the mansion using her car" Tzuyu explained.

 

"I did not give such orders!" Sana growled. 

 

They were all on the opposite side of the kingdom investigating some recent incidents of humans killing werewolves using the new weapon against them. It was an emergency situation hence, Sana had no time to inform Dahyun about her own whereabouts but she did not expect Dahyun to leave the kingdom just like that. And she clearly knew the caused of her sudden decision - that vampire, Mina.

 

"Gather some pack members, we will follow her" Sana ordered and so, they prepare to leave but the elders stopped them. To compromise, Sana let some elders to come with her to watch over the operation. Clearly, she did not need any supervision but she had no choice but to comply with the elder council.

 

After a while, they were able to find what they were looking for. Sana looked at the two of them clearly the vampire was injured and almost dying. Dahyun was holding her securely to her side. 

 

She looked at the man's body with the gunshot wound and a vampire bite all could be traced towards the two women in front of her.

 

Sana had never expected it for Dahyun to willingly sacrifice a fellow human just to save the vampire's life. How much is Dahyun willing to do for the sake of that vampire?


 ----
End of Flashback

 

Momo's POV

We were all following Sana silently back to the werewolf kingdom. I didn't know what the Alpha was thinking. Was she really that mad at Dahyun to just leave her like that? To leave the two of them vulnerable from Cha Seung Won's men and the vampires.

 

They couldn't survive for long especially with Mina's condition. I knew that it would be not long before she craved for more blood to drink just to survive. There might be a possibility that she might lose her control and drink from Dahyun. I wanted to protest at Sana of what she was doing but Jihyo warningly looked at me not to say anything. And I understood why, we were beeing accompanied not only by our own men but also by the elders.  They were watching our every move.

 

"Momo..."

 

"Momo..."

 

 I then heard Sana calling me on our mind link. I was about to look at her direction but she warned me.

 

"Don't make it obvious and just look straight ahead" The Alpha instructed and I just listened.

 

"I want you to go back and watch over them. Make sure to protect Dahyun at all times even from that vampire. This will be a huge favor that I will ask of you..."

 

I agreed immediately about the Alpha's orders. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter