Chapter 40

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 40

 

Normal POV

 

"Search every corner of the whole Kingdom! How come you are unable to find one single human...You are all INCOMPETENT" Lord Tae Oh angirly shouted at his own people not expecting that lack of progress that was going on in claiming Dahyun.

 

She was almost at the palm of his hands and he would not let this opportunity to loose her. He can still sense her but he was unable to locate her exact expression. He ordered his Commander to take charge and not bother him as he walked towards his room.

 

Meanwhile...

 

Im Young Ae knew what was all the commotion about. She knew that someday this would come that these vampires will stop at nothing just to get the only young woman she sworn to protect. She had been hearing her guards' conversation about how angry Lord Tae Oh was. Dahyun was in the vampire kingdom and she could only hope that she would be able to escape this inhumane place. 

 

The great grand witch was currently in a weak state by the lack of of nature surrounding her. The nature and its natural balance were the origin of the witches' power.  The absence of this made her feel weaker but it did not mean she had no power left. She was just waiting for the perfect opportunity. 

 

A slave then walked to her cell and gave her the usual dry food she was being fed just to be alive. 

 

"Where is she?" Grandma Im whisperedly asked the slave who was a human working in the kingdom.

 

"She is in our hands, great witch, just like what you have foreseen" the human silently reported. She was careful for the vampires to hear them. 

 

"Do not be afraid child as long as you are within my reach, these vampires would not hear a thing. Please be comfortable" Grandma Im instructed 

 

"Thank you, great witch. She was healing and asleep. The Alpha was with the rest of the werewolf slaves. They were memorizing the layout of the whole kingdom to plan for escape" the human reported.

 

Grandma weakly nodded, "I'll be waiting my child"

 

The human bowed in respect and went out before the vampires would get suspicious.

 

At the Werewolf Kingdom.

 

Tzuyu arrived quietly in front of a private room in the hospital. She motioned for the guards who were standing by the door to be dismissed. The guards bowed their head in respect and left as instructed. They did not dare to question Tzuyu because she frequently visiting the patient. 

 

She took a deep breath and talked to herself for some encouraging words before composing her smilling face entering the room.

 

"Good morning" she softly muttered.

 

*No response*

 

"Sorry I'm late today in visiting you. Everything is just so busy with all the happenings in the kingdom especially now that the Alpha Queen has not yet returned. The pack is questioning and growing more agitated especially now that we are currently dealing with the Common Kingdom" Tzuyu further said. She closed the curtains of the room as the sky was beginning to get darker signalling the end of another day.

 

Another day ending and still the person she was visiting was in a deep sleep. Her positive and smiling aura then turned into a solemn one letting out a soft yet tired sigh. 

 

She walked back closer to the sleeping girl's bed sitting on a chair. She took the patient's palm and put it on her face feeling her soft warm hand.

 

"When will you wake up Chaeyoung? Will I be able to at least introduce myself to you properly this time? To hear you call out to me" Tzuyu said to the sleeping woman. The doctor especially with the help of the witches were able to save human leader from her own death. She was at a critical state that they almost lost her but Tzuyu prayed deeply to the Moon Goddess begging the powerful enitity to give her a chance to be with Chaeyoung, she would take whatever chances just for her to see the woman well again. 

 

Tzuyu took a glimpse of Chaeyoung in one of the missions the human volunteered as part of her university course as a hunter. They did not meet personally as Tzuyu being the elder's daughter was too busy leading some of her own pack to a mission as well. Tzuyu saw her in the forest fighting against the vampires. She was skilled at fighting and very strong for a human. The werewolf could not forget about this encounter.

 

The year after her 18th birthday, it was Son Hak Gyu's birthday celebration. It was a year after the attack at the werewolf kingdom. Her father could not attend the grand celebration at the Common Kingdom hence, she was appointed as the representative. Son Hak Gyu formally introduced his daughter to her and when they got near each other, it was when Tzuyu knew who her mate was. 

 

However, a human mate was the last thing that her father had ever wanted her to have. She had been becoming closer to the Alpha Queen that her father saw this as an opportunity for their family to rise up to the ranks once again. His father found out about her having a human mate and threatened her about killing Chaeyoung even if the human was the future leader of the common kingdom. Her father made her swore not to reveal the mate bond to anyone as it would tarnish their reputation. Afraid and the ever so loyal of a daughter, Tzuyu reluctantly complied. She watched Chaeyoung from afar avoiding her as much as possible to any events just to get away to the prying eyes of her father. 

 

Then one day, her father approached her and discussed about breaking her bond with Chaeyoung. She refused and rebelled against the idea of breaking the natural bond that the Moon Goddess had gifted her. It was the only thing that she had with Chaeyoung. She didn't want it to be gone. Her father got mad at her and so, she was punished. For 30nights, she was chained in the dungeon of their home  with no food and with no one to talk to. She was tortured by her own father's men. Bruises were all over her body. She took it all in and she did not fight back as long as she kept the mate bond. 

 

However, it was when his father's men almost ambushed Chaeyoung's envoy that made her submit. She couldn't protect her mate especially at a time like this that her father and the whole pack needed her. She was expected to be strong and to stand by the Alpha Queen. Her father's followers firmly believed that. 

 

She had no choice but accept her father's proposition that he would not harm Chaeyoung in exchange of breaking the bond. Her father agreed and immediately called a very powerful group of witches. They made a ritual with Tzuyu in the center of the Solar Cross- a circle for endings. Since no mark has been made yet, Chaeyoung's presence was not need. It the necessary work would be coming from Tzuyu's side. The invisible string of fate tied to her sould all the way to Chaeyoung was now visible in 's eye as the witches chanted their ancient language. Tzuyu felt tremendous pain that she couldn't help but to shout loudly. Her father just watched not minding the pain her daughter was feeling. The pain only stop when the head of the witch did what was thought impossible, the witch cut the current visible string signalling the connection of the two souls disconnecting. Tzuyu let out a loud howl of pain and passed out. The mate bond she was so desperately clung to was now gone and Chaeyoung never had the chance to know this.

 

Several weeks later Tzuyu was seen in the werewolf kingdom, she knew something changed in her but she couldn't pinpoint. She did what her father had asked her to do. She became closer with Sana. The whole kingdom watch the rise of the Alpha Queen and how she gained respect not only within the kingdom but also to other kingdoms. Tzuyu was seen beside all of this. They became partners together with Momo and Jihyo. She had done what her father was aiming but something was missing. She felt numb. Her smiles were wide to her people but it was empty inside her.  She chased to feel once again. She longed for it but she didn't know how to obtain it. 

 

Tzuyu and Sana shared intimacy in bed. Their bodies connected in certain nights during the course of Sana's reign. Rumors about Tzuyu being the Luna spread and welcomed by their people. She and Sana talked about  it like a business proposal. It increased the morale of their pack against the vampires. And so they continued the intimacy like it was a responsibility. The heat was purely physical but both lack passion. 

 

Soon, a grand graduation ceremony was about to be held at the Common Kingdom. All representatives of all the Kingdoms were required to be at present on the said event. Sana came with Mina both representing their kingdom. It was the time when she saw Chaeyoung once again. She saw her leading up her whole batch taking the top 1 position in class. She watched the woman from afar and she felt a glimpse of longing. The feeling that she thought would never came back. After all, the mate bond was no longer binding her to the human.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter