Chapter 41

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 41

 

Normal POV


A small group of werewolves were on a hunt deep in the forest beyond the borders of the werewolf kingdom. They were guards in the border who caught sight of something suspicious lurking around in their nearby stations. They reported it and proceeded to chase it unbestknown that it would lead them to a trap.

 

They growled, a sign of their powerful presence. They take pride in their wolf form just like any other werewolf creatures. They were considered the last of this world against vampires. They heard a faint noise not far from where they were and so, they ran to it. 

 

They saw a frail man who was neither scared nor shock of their presence as if he was expecting them. Before these werewolves do anything, the man smirked evily and raised his gun. 

 

The wereolves growled at the disrespectful gesture dismissing the threat in front of them. They shouldn't. The man pulled the trigger aiming the wolf in the middle but the creature easily avoided it but then more men suddenly came out of hiding surrounding these creatures.

 

Several gunshots ensued. 

 

Moments later...

 

Jihyo and Momo together with some guards of their kindom arrived at the scene. A very strong smell of crimson blood surrounded the area. It was a bloody sight. They all got near to the dead bodies and as they walked carefull, fresh liquid blood easilily tainted on the sole of their shoes.

 

Jihyo crouched down and carefully examined the dead bodies mourning at sight of the brutal killing of her kind.

 

"The body is still warm and the blood is still not dry. These means that the killing is still fresh" Jihyo said.

 

"It means that the perpetrators must have been near the area" Momo concluded.

 

Jihyo silently nodded. 

 

Momo gave orders to some guards to check the whole area and report to her immediately if the find something. Jihyo continued observing the dead bodies of the three werewolves. 

 

She observed how the  skins were violently torn off from their own body like an animal. Jihyo by the sight knew that those killers purposefully made these victims immobile in their own werewolf form and peeled off their werewolf skin.  

 

It was truely a gruesome killing which aim to torture the victims with pain before killing them.

 

She e of the bodies around using her gloved hands. She took not of the silver liquid that came out in those bullet holes. It was the new weapon that the people they rescued from the Common Kingdom reported.

 

"Who could have done such barbaric acts?"  she muttered solemnly.

 

"This must be the works of the men of Cha Seung Won. Those poeple deserved to be punished." Momo angrily muttered. 

 

"Don't you think they are still under the mind control" Jihyo asked.

 

"Jeongyeon said that the mind control could only last for 24 to 72hours. I don't think all of them are being controlled especially to do something like this to our kind" Momo explained.

 

"I am not sure how would we be able to face the family of our dead comrades. How would we be able to present their bodies like this to their family?" she continued looking at the skinless human bodies of their pack members.

 

"Let us just hope that Sana would be able to come back to  the kingdom as soon as possible to prevent any uprising" Jihyo said.

 

"There is only so much we can do to control our people. " Jihyo said as she looked at Momo in defeat. 

 

---


At the Vampire Kingdom


Sana motioned for Dahyun to sit down on her bed and helped her leaned on the pile of pillows on her back comfortably. She was carefully guiding Dahyun who just weakly woke up. 

 

"S- Sana, what happened?" Dahyun asked groggily still not understanding the situation. She tried to recall what happened and the last thing she remembered was Solar coming up to her breaking her neck with her sharp fangs.

 

She instinctively raised her left hand to touch her neck but groaned in pain still she felt her arm dislocated.

 

Sana held on Dahyun's left arm rubbing it gently while observing how it got dislocated. 

 

"The healing potion that was left was not enough for you to fully recover. But it was enough to save your life and replenish the blood that was lost when that vampire bit you" Sana explained handing her a glass of water.

 

Dahyun shook her head softly attempting to wipe out the confusion inside her.

 

Sana put her hand on Dahyun's face brushing the messy hair away from her beautiful pale face. Smilling softly at the confused face of the young doctor.

 

She then turned around which Dahyun had the opportunity to observe Sana  especially her dirtied outfit while Sana was busy soaking a towel into a small basin full of warm water. Sana expertly squeezed the towel to release the water like she had been doing it everyday.

 

"Your outfit...why are you dressed up like that and where are we?" Dahyun asked her eyes were roaming around the mini room they were in just the two of them.

 

"You have been unconscious for three weeks and last night you had a fever" Sana said not answering directly Dahyun and wanting to take it slow explaining the situation with her. She then proceed to the top three buttons of  Dahyun's blouse and wipe Dahyun's body who was drenched in sweat with the towel in her hand.

 

Dahyun just let her until Sana Dahyun's top. Repeating the same gesture until Sana helped her change her top with a clean shirt she knew that it wasn't hers carefully assisting with her still dislocated arm.

 

Sana was about to proceed with the bottom of her loose pants when Dahyun stop her.

 

"I- I think I can handle it from there" Dahyun shyly said with her cheeks blushing. Sana smiled gently nodding.

 

"Alright, here are the some clean clothes that you can change with. I will just get us both some food and will be back" Sana said then kissed Dahyun's head in reassurance.

 

Sana left the room while Dahyun proceeded to do her own thing using only her one good arm to take off her used pants to exchange with the new one.

 

After quite some time, Sana arrived holding an old tray with foods. It was not the usual food that was being served in Werewolf Kingdom and for the Alpha but it was still food. A very basic one but enought for two people.

 

"I reheat the soup. So you have to finish that first before it gets cold. I will tell you everything after eating" Sana said putting the tray in front of Dahyun. 

 

Dahyun nodded and both of them shared meals together eating in comfortable silence but their hearts were content seeing each other safe. Sana was very attentive with Dahyun that when having difficulty in using one arm, she would be the one to wipe Dahyun's side of the mouth with her thumb.

 

Sana cleaned everything after they ate and sat in front of Dahyun. She then began to update Dahyun of what was happening more importantly of their whereabouts and their plan to escape before any officials from the Vampire Kingdom know their location. 

 

---

At the Werewolf Kingdom...

 

All of the trusted allies of Sana  and sthe officials in all Kingdoms were in a grandroom for an emergency meeting. They had been discussing about the current brutal attacks and the demonstration rallies  that had been happening for several days.

 

"Some of the fanctions of the other kingdoms are beginning to notice the Alpha Queen's dissappearance. A lot has been happening and they are beginning to questions Sana's care and leadership"  One of the elders reported.

 

"Where is the Alpha Queen and where will she be coming back?" Another official asked.

 

"At a time like this, how could she be on absence?" another butted in. They all began to whisper at each other and it brought a delight to Elder Chou's  delight.

 

"The Alpha has always prioritize our kingdom and I assure you that she will comeback as soon as she finished her solo mission" Jihyo intervened their shameless whispering at each other.

 

"The whole people in kingdom is growing agitated and it became worst when they found out that the Alpha Queen was not at present especially with the current situation" an elder said.

 

"The absence of the Alpha is highly confidential and it was not supposed to be released to the public. Whoever spread this news to the public will be punished" Momo butted in firmly. 

 

Silence took over.

 

"Whether she is here or not, we must not lose our attention in the current situation. People were beginning to question our capability. We have lost two kingdoms in just a few months apart. Our unity is slowly crumbling down and we must act on it" Elder Chou said his voice louder as intended putting his stand as someone with the high authority.

 

The officials agreed on his statements. 

 

"I will talk to my people and handle the situation with them properly. Rest assured that we will not be a burden while we are under this kingdom's care" Chaeyoung said. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter