Chapter 17

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 17

Normal POV

 

Two bright women, Jihyo and Dahyun, had been spending time together working on the research facility of the werewolf kingdom. Considering that there were no needed patients to attend to, they have made themselves busy with anything related to scientific discoveries which Jihyo was thankful for to finally have someone she can talk to about her field.

 

"Humans looked up to supernatural creatures like werewolves because of their innate abilities. So as way to inspire and encourage people who were ill, my father used to volunteer to these humanitarian visits to all hospitals who were admitting majority of humans who have serious illness." Jihyo told Dahyun as the young doctor curiously asked her unnie why she  become a doctor despite being a werewolf which was a rare profession for their kind. Both decided to take a little break and chat a bit before they resume working on their own research.

 

"I, the curious little girl as ever, wanted to see what it looked like in those humanitarian visits. And my father let me come, it was an unfortunate sight to be honest. I saw how humans struggle for their lives because of their weak body....because of what you call "sickness" that is inevitable for humans to conquer. My kind did not have those kind of struggles as you can see by now. Werewolves are strong and well built. We heal fast and our body could adopt well to the different course of nature unlike humans" Jihyo continued.

 

"So that is why you wanted to be a doctor? To help the humans?" Dahyun innocently asked further which Jihyo smiled and shook her head signalling that it was not the answer.

 

"My father was accidentally killed by a human" Jihyo simply told her which shocked her at this information.

 

"But how? Werewolves are stronger than humans..." Dahyun asked.

 

"My father was ambushed during one of his humanitarian visits. I was not able to come along with him that time because of pack training but I heard that he died while he was on the border between the Common Kingdom and the Werewolf Kingdom. Do you know how he died?" Jihyo continued but Dahyun could not utter anyword at the revelation.

 


"He was shot by a rogue hunter. The rogue hunter wanted to try out his new weapon that the humans are developing. It was a bullet which contains a what we now called "wolfsbane" " Jihyo said.

 

"My father was shot directly on his head and because it is a hunter bullet with a wolfsbane on it. The metal bullet directly went in on him and he died immediately like a human. You see Dahyun ah , humans or maybe other creatures nowadays can make impossible things became possible. They can develop advanced technologies that could help them overcome their weaknesses.  That is why I became a doctor and a researcher as well. We, werewolves, tend to rely on our physical strength  and on our ability to heal but with this war, everything is changing. I want our kind to be ready. There will come a time that no humans or witches could help us so, if modernization is needed to happen then our kind must be first in line" Jihyo said as she drink her coffee calmly looking at the shocked expression of Dahyun which turned into realization.

 

"Was that why when we were kids you suddenly stopped talking to me?" Dahyun asked remembering that Jihyo was like a big sister whenever she was being bullied by the other werewolves who were the same age as her. 

 

Jihyo gave her an apologetic smile"It was immature of me.  I was grieving and all my anger was vented out on the first human that I saw which happened to be you. There was a time I hated you for being human, Dahyun ah. I stopped talking or caring for you before I resented humans and their inventions. I saw you as someone who can become like the man who killed my father. To be honest, when I heard that all humans will be exiled from the werewolf kingdom...I was happy but then as the years went by, I realized how harsh I was to you who did nothing but show love and kindness to me. I badly wanted to meet you to apologize and here I am wanting to say sorry. Dahyun ah, I am sorry" Jihyo said trying to stop her tears from falling out as she remembered how it must have been hard for the young doctor to go to another place after her parents died. 

 

Dahyun tried to lighten up the mood and just easily admitted to Jihyo that it was a thing of the past now. She moved on. Jihyo smiled gratefully at the young doctor for forgiving her and silently promised to herself that she will be there for Dahyun as a big sister she was supposed to be when they were kids.


------------------------

Momo's POV

 

"Any abnormalities around the border of our kingdom?" Sana asked me while we are roaming around the training grounds observing our people training.

 

"None, we are well secured and the men patrolling aroung the witch kingdom reported that the group of vampires near them were gone the other day" I reported to Sana which made her stop and looked at me.

 

"Tell them not to be too complacent and still observed the Witch Kingdom. There must be a reason why they retreated and until now they were not attacking us" Sana said clearly deep in thought about what the Vampire Kingdom had been up to.

 

"I will Alpha" I said while at the same time mindlinking our people about what Sana had commanded. 

 

Sana and I then decided to continue our rounds merely observing she brought up the topic about the preparation for the arrival of some witches and humans in our kingdom.

 

"We have carefully checked the background of those who will enter our kingdom and we have not found out any ill intentions from them. Nayeon and her grandmother will also come along as well as Chaeyoung to lead their people here" I said carefully calculating in my mind the days of their arrival.

 

Sana nodded in satisfaction in my report and preparation. 

 

"Instruct also Jihyo to be 100% involved in the research of the humans about new weapons and their weaknesses. We need to be informed of everything" Sana said and I simply nodded. 

 

After the riot in the Common Kingdom, we were back to our normal routine. Fortunately, no news about the increase of Nosferatus nor any attacks from the vampire kingdom but this did not stop us from our training. Looking at the Alpha's expression, she became more calm and level headed on the matters of handling the kingdom. It was something that our people had not been used to but gladly welcomed the change compared to the Alpha before who was stoic and authoritative. 

 

"What are you looking at Momo?" Sana suddenly asked observing the way I looked at her. I decided to tell her what was on my mind.

 

"I just observed how serene you have looked this past few weeks. Was it because of Dahyun?" I asked her noticing how she diverted her eyes and try to look elsewhere other than me which was a first. She did not answer and instead ordered me to join the others in training which was expected of her. 

 

"You are slowly opening up again, I am glad" I thought noticing how I can easily read her actions in some occassions.

 

Training with our pack had ended and Sana went ahead to the mansion to oversee some other matters while I went to the hospital to check on Dahyun.

 

Walking along the empty corridors of the hospital always made me feel uneasy remembering how it was full of different creatures when the attacked happened in our kingdom. A lot had died and a lot was badly injured to the point that they lost all hope in further continuing their lives. 

 

Remembering what had lost before, Sana was forced to grow up and be in the position where she was now. Sana's actions and decisions she had made for the past years had been for the sake of the Werewolf Kingdom making her one of the greatest Alphas we have ever had. I wondered after the attack how was Dahyun able to put her life together.

 

I had not talked to Dahyun about it yet and I was curious about what had happened to her 5 years ago. No one knew the specific details not even Sana. No one dared to ask as they simply knew that after going to the Common Kingdom, Dahyun became this successful doctor whose reputation was recognized by the entire Common Kingdom even the officials there. 

 

"What actually transpired in those years that made you who you are, Dahyun ah?" I asked in my thoughts urging my inner self in finding out.

 

I arrived at their office and knocked a few times before entering noticing how busy they are chatting with each other.

 

"Here I am expecting some serious work and I find my two dongsaengs just chatting, hmmm..." I jokingly said which earned a playful giggle from them.

 

"We were just talking about the time when Dahyun mistook a dog as one of us when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter