Chapter 21

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 21

Flashback


It was just months after Dahyun entered the university and she found it easy to adjust with the activities as a university student. Dahyun and Chaeyoung grew closer as classes went on as the latter liked how skilled Dahyun was in everything and she deemed her to be a genius while Dahyun liked how the girl did not pry much about her life in the werewolf kingdom unlike others who were curious about her origins.

 

"It is all thanks to the Alpha Queen Sana Minatozaki that the whole Werewolf Kingdom is safe and away from any possible attacks from the vampire clan. Months after the attack of the kingdom, she has been appointed as a new ruler and has shown great leadership. Some of the conquered lands of the vampire kingdom have been claimed back by the werewolves and sealed with barriers by the witch. The werewolf kingdom is continuing to grow stronger and has been building strong" The newscaster reported.

 

"Wow, to think that the new Alpha Queen is almost the same age as us and she has done so much to her kingdom in such a short span of time" one of the students who were watching the news admired the Alpha Queen's ster image on the TV Monitor they had in their university's food hall. 

 

"I heard she does not like humans around her area"

 

"Is that why she exiled all humans from her kingdom?"

 

"Yeah, I heard that one too"

 

"Many have been transferred her but our government has been helping those in need."

 

"I heard there humans who were killed while finding new homes to other kingdom"

 

"Such unfortunate incident. Some of them who got here works in blue collar jobs. At least we wont have any problem in those areas"

 

"But that Kim Dahyun, how can she afford to have her own house and enrolled herself here in this prestigous academy"

 

"Hmmm...yeah, come to think of it. She got lucky to be able to adjust easily. She must be close to Mr. Son Hak Gyu. I heard he personally see to it that she will be settled comfortably here"

 

"She isn't saying much about the werewolf kingdom. She was adapted by werewolf couple who died during the attack. Such unfortunate thing but I don't even see her mourning"

 

"Yeah, it is as if she wants to forget that she is involved in that kingdom"

 

"Wow such an ungrateful brat"

 

"Yeah, no wonder she was no execptions in getting exiled"

 

Dahyun could only just closed her eyes as she breathe deeply trying to prevent herself from confronting those students who did not have anything to do but to gossip. 

 

Dahyun ignored them and try to shake it away all the incoming negative thoughts then, proceeded to focus on trying to eating her pasta. Suddenly, Chaeyoung sat in front of her on her table ruining her solo eating moment. 

 

"So are you prepared for the upcoming practical test tonight?" Chaeyoung asked making herself comfortable as she took the pasta from Dahyun and ate it. Dahyun just looked at her unbelievably but decided to let the girl eat her food.

 

"I should ask you the same thing. You look uneasy perhaps are you nervous?" Dahyun asked calmly.

 

"What? Me? Nervous ? No way ... I will ace this practical exam and be the greatest hunter to graduate" Chaeyoung proudly stated. 

 

Dahyun just smiled softly towards her and said, "Good for you then... I am sure you will. Your father will always be proud of you no matter what you do Chaeyoung...so don't be too hard on yourself" 

 

Dahyun knew that Chaeyoung adored her father a lot and since Son Hak Gyu was an important figure in the Common Kingdom , the girl would always make it to the point that she would not tarnish her father's reputation. Chaeyoung had shared to Dahyun that she wanted to be a hunter as part of her training to become one of the leaders of the Common Kingdom. 

 

The Common Kingdom was being led and ran by humans who took different creatures as part of Son Hak Gyu's dream of living harmoniously despite of their differences. Chaeyoung could not understand this kind of dream which her father has but nonetheless, she wanted her father to be proud of her.

 

Their break had ended and some of their classes were called off in preparation for tonight's practical test. Hence, all students who were participating the practical test went back to their own homes to rest and prepare.

 

Chaeyoung dropped Dahyun off in front of her house.

 

"So, I will just meet you in the campus tonight. See you and don't die immediately" Chaeyoung joked as she bid goodbye to Dahyun who just chuckled at the lame joke of her friend.

 

Dahyun then entered her house and went to her bed to rest. The practical test was a test for the aspiring students who wanted to become hunters. The university decided to conduct this kind of test as early as the course begins to know if the students could take what it means to be a hunter - and that was about survival and protection. Not perceiving what a great tragedy would befall on the students and the whole Common Kingdom.

 

Dahyun laid down and just looked up to the ceiling trying to pass the time.  When she saw the news, she became interested on what was happening to the werewolf kingdom. The monitor showed Sana's picture sitting on her throne as she gave orders with her stern expression. It was the first time she had seen Sana after that night and soon realized how big of a gap she and Sana had. Unfortunately, that gap would grow bigger.  

 

"Would there still be a chance that our paths could cross again?"

 

"If I became a hunter and I die protecting others then... would I be remembered just like the two of you-mother and father?" Dahyun thought as she remember how her father earnestly trained her to defend herself which was very useful as she became one of the top of her class. 

 

Remembering her parents, Dahyun's thoughts began to divert to the journals she brought with her. She did not have the time to read it until now so, she decided to get up and open one of the journals from her parents.

 

We have found a blessing from the Moon Goddess herself. It was a child lying near the lake in the forest. The child was unconscious and with cuts as well as bruises. My wife and I took her in as we see that the poor innocent child needed help. 

 

After a few days, the child woke up looking lost to her surroundings. We asked her of her name but she could not remember anything. Panicking, she questioned her own identity. We calmed her down and decided to name her Kim Dahyun. 

 

We told our friends to watch and take over her as we need to report this matter to the Alpha King and Queen. We have notified that we found a missing child and so, the King and Queen helped us to find the parents of the child. When we found none, we decided to check with the Common Kingdom with the help of the King's friend - Son Hak Gyu. We went there to ask for his help. His eyes upon learning our story shown something about alertness and assertiveness. Son Hak Gyu wanted to see the child. We let him and he was with us when we went back to the werewolf kingdom. We were joined by the Alpha King and Queen in our humble home to see Kim Dahyun, the lovely child.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter