Chapter 4

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4

It was late afternoon already in the Hospital.

 

Dahyun was busy doing her rounds and checking the human patients as apparently she is the only Doctor that could treat them.

 

Some of the doctors in the hospital caters more on the supernatural beings. 


As her shift ended and was done with her duties as a doctor, Dahyun went to the doctor's quarters to take of her coat and get change to more of a casual attire.

 

She then took out her phone and checked whether Mina sent her a message of her whereabouts.

 

Considering that the Vampire Girl was on a meeting with some officials of the Common Kingdom for their "rescue missions", the young girl expected to be going home alone later but there were times that the older girl had been away for a couple of days not that she mind but she had been getting used to having the vampire girl around these days.


*Ding*

 
A message suddenly pop up.


"At exactly 2100H last nigh, 2 Nosferatus have been detained to the medical facility. Initial Phase of Experiement will commence tonight" 


Dahyun sighed loudly as she read the message of Dr Hong .

 

It looked like she was going to be a bit busy these coming days for the research/experiments that all the Council have put up. 


The medical facility is located on the other side of the Common Kingdom where majority of the Witches resides.

 

It is a place made specifically to conduct advanced technology and research for the protection of all supernatural beings. All the doctors, scientists, member of the hunters (formed by the humans ) and other associations are gathered in the facility to facility research and plans against the Vampire Kingdom. 

 

When Son Hak Gyu offered her a position in the medical facility to get a deeper understanding of all the supernatural beings and their physiological aspects, Dahyun did not hesitate to sign up. 

 

But ever since Cha Seung Won took over the posisition of Son Hak Gyu , everything she had known in the facility had changed for the worse. It became a facility to create weapons and a facility to harm another being instead of serving its original purpose - to have a deeper understanding of the nature of one another. 


Dahyun as much as she wants to, could not leave the facility because she knew that deep down no matter how hard she tried to hide it , she could not deny that she wanted to know more about the other beings.

 

That hunger to know how they breathe and what it looked like to see their last breath. 


She ponders on the nature of every natural being.


She ponders on what it will be like to feel death.


It is like a sick obsession but it is her darkest secret she is trying to hide within herself. 

 

As Dahyun arrived in the area and get past the security check points, she entered the main building.

 

The automatic door slide close behind her and was forced to step ahead.

 

There were no doctors nor some large crowd hurling around the vicinity unlike when she last visited. 


The area was so huge that it could house almost a thousand people at once.

 

She continued to sride along the hallways like she had memorize the blueprints of the area.

 

She entered the elevator and pressed down the lowest floor that this building could went to. But before the elevator door closes, Chaeyoung entered along with 2 guards to which she could recall who the guards are from when she volunteered for a rescue mission.

 

"I am surprised that you finally showed up here Dahyun. Given the fact that you have been avoiding this place for several months now" Chaeyoung said seriously as she stood beside the young doctor.


"Dr Hong told me about your captured Nosferatus and an old man told me to babysit you. So I decided to have a visit that makes it what was the better saying hmm... killing two birds in one stone. I get to check on things while watch on my favorite Pal as requested by her doting father" Dahyun said jokingly. 

 

Chaeyoung snickered at the idea of being taken care of by the doctor. Dahyun smiled at this clearly entertained by how her friend reacted.

 

"Anyway, Nayeon unnie and Jeongyeon unnie are here to check on the latest development about our research" Chayeoung decided to move on to a serious topic.

 

"Based on the gather reports, the vampires have been trying to create some mindless armies out of humans. We have lost nearly 30% of our population when we found out about this" Chaeyoung explained.

 

"Dr Hong tried several experiments in an attempt to try and cure these victimes but all efforts seem to be futile until you come along and save one of my hunters" Chaeyoung continued as she looked at the guard who Dahyun saved by being turned into a Nosferatus. 

 

"Well it looked like your hunter does not like the way I saved him by the looks he is giving me" Dahyun said as she looked at the guy behind him.

"What is good about being a vampire who craves for blood every damn time? I'd rather lose an arm or something than to suffer like this" The man cursed.

 

"Enough. It happened already be thankful you are alive" Chaeyoung sternly said and the guard could not say anything about it but to stood up straight and not say anything.

 

"Or... I could just end his suffering and  kill him just like how he had been doing to some innocent vampires" Dahyun suddenly threatened then, suddenly the elevator door opened. 


She got out first and turned her body around the 3 hunters.


"Unfortunately, It is a good thing I dont do that. I am not as violent as what the other humans have become" Dahyun told them while smilling as if she was telling a lighthearted joke.

 

Chaeyoung got the shivers. For her Dahyun was a good friend and a compassionate doctor but sometimes, she had this side that suddenly appeared out of nowhere that made the hunter leader think that she was somebody else.

 

But it is not something she needs to worry about, for now... they dont need to create conflicts within themselves.

 

Chaeyoung instructed the two guards to go back to the reception area and help  the other guards the secured facility. 

 

Chaeyoung then followed Dahyun as the girl went to her own area in the facility and took a laboratory coat to wear.  Chaeyoung didn't bother to get one as she is not a doctor but a hunter hence, she was settled for what she was wearing with her black boots on , leather pants and black shirt with two guns on the side of each of her legs.

 

She watched the doctor tied her blonded colored mid back length hair into strict high pony , but that didn't stop a few bangs to spill around in front but it added some allure to the doctor. 

 

"You know, If I had not know that you have been playing house with a vampire then, I say I would have some hots for you. The blonde hair really suits you" Chaeyoung complimented her friend. 

Dahyun laughed at this. "One friendly date with you, me and Mina. I swear you will love that girl. I told you she is nice" she said.

"Hmph, you have been hanging around her too much for my liking.  More than your actual best friend here" Chayeoung said crossing her arms like she was trying to get a point.

 

"It is because you have been busy and I like her with me all the time. I cant get enough of her. She--"

 

"Blah blah blah, stop talking about your vampire lover here. " Chaeyoung faked a gag and Dahyun laughed. No matter what the situation is the two simply could not stop themselves from teasing each other. A friendship that they know would last forever.

 

"That Myoi Mina girl, I admit. She had been useful ever since she came here in the kingdom. It is a good thing she is here to lead the other vampires who decided to leave the vampire kingdom and allied with us" Chaeyoung confessed.

 

"So I will give her a chance to redeem herself and accept her if it comes down to me needing to be the maid of honor" she continued.

 

"Why do seem all of you say like I am in cahoots with Mina or something? Just like some staffs in the hospital" Dahyun innocently said which earned a ridiculous stare from Chaeyoung.

 

But before they continue bantering, Dr Hong entered and greeted them. The man led them to where the two captured Nosferatus are located. In the glass covered room , she noticed that a lot of high ranking officials like Cha Seung Won , Some elders from the werwolf pack whom she could recognized, Nayeon , Jeongyeon and some others were present. 

 

Dahyun then heard some commotions on the other room below from where she was at.

 

She saw the two vampires strapped on the bed being wheeled in for the others to see.

 

Dr Hong explained that he had tried to develop a strong mixture of chemical from the blood sample of the guard who survived from being Nosferatus and the mixture of a pureblood vampire- fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter