Chapter 6

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6

Normal POV


Upon hearing of the announcement, everyone looked expectantly at the door curious with the arrival of the Alpha Queen. It was supposed to be the day to mourn but here they were, having mixed emotions expecting to see the person whom they have not seen in several years. The door had opened and someone stepped inside.

 

Immediately , every werewolves stood up in attention then bowed down showing great respect. Everyone followed including the witches , the other council members, even Dahyun, who forced Mina, had bowed down as well;  the other allied vampires in the crowd followed as well.


Silence was evident.

 

The only sound that can be heard is the heels tapping on the floor as the Alpha Queen walked towards the front followed by her beta Momo who was in alert to protect her Alpha in case something happened.


“It is our pleasure to have you here, Alpha. Though we do apologize for the lack of preparation of your sudden arrival as we have been mourning” Cha Seung Won said as he first welcome the Queen.

 

Everyone then looked up silent and the human crowd began to talk to one another in hush voices.


“It is my purpose to pay respect to Uncle Son Hak Gyu not to receive a grand welcoming. He had been a great friend of my fathers” Sana said.


“Thank you, Alpha. It is indeed an honor for us to have you and visit the wake of my father” Chaeyoung said smiling softly to her.

 

Truth to be told, Chaeyoung and Sana knew each other very well. Everytime Sana and her parents visited the Common Kingdom, Chaeyoung was there to accompany her and tour her around the place.  The latter then motioned Sana to step closer as she signaled everyone to make a space for the Alpha as she got closer to Casket. Sana then stepped forward followed by the werewolves who faced forward towards the casket as their kind paid their respect to the human leader.


Both Mina and Dahyun did not utter a word.

 

The two just watched from the sidelines but it did not go unnoticed to Mina how the beta and the other witches were stealing glances at the doctor who was wearing her usual business-like smile. Mina, even at first glance or ever since she heard about the Alpha Queen, did not like Minatozaki Sana. Maybe because of thei kinds were naturally sworn enemies or it was just because she heard Dahyun uttered the Alpha Queen's name before when she was having a nightmare.

 

Mina did not tell Dahyun about it as she knew that Dahyun did not like to talk so much about her memories with the Werewolf Kingdom. Mina pretended not to care about the girl's past and focus on what is present.

 

And the present for is that she gets to hold Dahyun and everyone knew this.

 

It did not go unnoticed to her sensitive hearing the sharp intake of breath the Alpha Queen did as she discreetly glanced Dahyun. No one saw and it was only her who noticed it. Mina was very observant in the surroundings of Dahyun.

 

Human, witches , werewolves and some vampires were all present in the Common Kingdom - in one hall and in the same time. It was a very rare occurrence and it was all because of the great respect all the kinds have to the deceased Son Hak Gyu. After the wake ceremony had ended everyone was dismissed. All the council members and some representatives in each kingdom were led to a room as they decided to have a meeting. Dahyun and Mina who were supposed to go home to rest after the ceremony were forced to attend a meeting to support Chaeyoung. 

 

Momo's POV


Sana and some of our members had already went inside the meeting room and I was about to enter when I noticed Dahyun together with a vampire were getting closer to me probably because we were all going to the same room.

 

I did not bother to enter for the meantime and instead face the two approaching women letting out a friendly smile towards Dahyun.

 

"It is nice to see you again Dahyun. You look so mature now" I said to Dahyun complimenting her noticing how her chubby cheeks was gone and had turned into a well sculpted V-line that added to her mature age and profession. 

 

Dahyun smiled at me softly as she thanked me, "Thank you, Momo-unnie. It is also nice seeing you again after a long time. You have all been busy ever since the attack"

 

"Yes, we all are. Everything just changed completely. I hope we can have time to to catch up just like when we were young" I said hoping Dahyun will accept the invitation.

 

Before my werewolf power awakened, I used to be in Dahyun's house. We used to be playmates at the same time we practice together in human combat taught by her father. Her werewolf parents and mine were fellow royal guards that was why we spent most of our childhood together including with Sana. However, everything changed when Sana started to distant herself with Dahyun and I had no choice but to do the same considering that I was appointed as the next Beta for the next Alpha- Sana. 

 

As a werewolf, we were taught by the elders to take pride of our kind and not to be associated with the weaker kind. Dahyun, the smart kid she was, had an idea why we suddenly did not want to be associated with her. She did not cry or did not forced herself to us instead, she looked me from afar, nodded at me and let out a sad smile. She urged me to go ahead and follow the other werewolves. From then on, she was left alone to play by herself and I felt guilty but did not do anything just like what happened after the attack - I did nothing.

 

Flashback


"Why are you ordering such a thing, Sana?" I asked Sana as soon as we were alone.


"You want all the humans to leave the werewolf territory? Including Dahyun? She is an orphan now. Her parents just died" I continued showing my frustration at the first order Sana had declared. 

 

The elders happily complied and inform all the humans that they had only 3 days to pack their things and leave the kingdom. Some tried to beg and some hum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter