Chapter 53

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 53

 

Weeks have passed and people seemed to notice the distance between the Alpha Queen and Dahyun. The rumors about Dahyun being the mate with the Alpha slowly died down. Those who knew the truth was given the order not to talk about it. The elders also did their part of effectively process the acceptance of Mina in the Werewolf Kingdom. She was given a special identification card as a vampire. Some were still wary about having a vampire presence in the kingdom but with the agreement between Dahyun and the Elders, Mina was able to roam around the entire kingdom at ease. However, she was mostly seen at Dahyun’s side which only added to one of the reasons for the others to think that Sana and Dahyun being mates was false.

 

After the ritual, Sana focused more on taking care of the internal affairs of her kingdom. Sana was able to subdue some of her people who were causing mishaps in the kingdom. They were punished for inciting violence. Cases of hate crimes against different species were lessen but still there. Tzuyu was appointed by Sana to oversee it alongside with Chaeyoung. Due to this, the presence of Tzuyu beside Sana increased more often as she was needed to report regularly to the Alpha Queen’s office.

 

While Dahyun continued her duty at the newly renovated hospital which now became important for all supernatural beings. Since the attacked at the Common Kingdom, the number of human doctors became limited hence, Dahyun was also training other human volunteers who wanted to become medical aides. Chaeyoung personally asked Dahyun’s help for this kind of training so that they would come prepared if in case another attack would happen again.

 

Some existing human doctors criticized her teachings because of its unconventional way like teaching the humans about utilizing the vampire enemy’s blood by drinking it to heal the deep wounds of someone. She personally demonstrated it in front of the human and some omega werewolf volunteers by creating a wound on her palm and asking Mina to drink a bit of her blood.

 

The werewolves were alarmed by this but Dahyun explained how it would save a human life. The knowledge about the use of vampire blood was basic but due to the ongoing war against the vampires, this knowledge was considered as taboo and forbidden to use.

 

“A substantial amount of vampire blood is enough to use as a healing agent to a human’s body. It can repair damaged tissues and be considered as alternative regenerative medicine. However, too much abuse in the use of the vampire blood will lead to addiction and worst of all, a human can turn into a Nosferatu” Dahyun stated looking at some of the volunteers in front of her. When there were no further questions regarding today’s topic, the doctor dismissed them.

 

Mina was walking beside Dahyun along the hallways of the hospital. The doctor did not talk much about what happened at the ritual, but she knew something had change between Sana and Dahyun. She did not dare to ask about it but just supported the human by being there for her. Mina still remembered the night when the human arrived in the house (they were currently staying at the house of Dahyun’s werewolf parents), Dahyun handed her the ID given by the elders and proceeded to engulf her with a tight hug. After that night, Dahyun acted as if nothing happened and she was suddenly overloaded with work.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to accompany you this afternoon?” Mina asked Dahyun plainly observing whatever reaction that may appear on the human.

 

“Don’t worry too much Mina, I am just getting my things from the Alpha’s palace. Nothing will happen” Dahyun chuckled a bit by how Mina worry at simple things.

 

“I mean will you be alright considering that you might meet her. You haven’t seen her since…you know” Mina asked while they turned to right to the next hallway.

 

“Why wouldn’t I be? Everything is fine…” she replied back smiling at the silly question of Mina. However, Mina knew her very well.

 

“Sometimes, I wonder if the ritual works on you” Mina silently uttered to Dahyun.

 

Dahyun just smiled back at her as response before making a stop to a room located at the very end of the hallway.

 

“Would you like to come?” Dahyun asked her.

 

“Nah, I will just stay here and wait for you. There are too much magic inside and the herb smell is really strong” Mina denied the invitation as she grimaced at one instance, she entered the room.

 

Dahyun chuckled and asked her to wait a bit. The doctor’s smiling face turned into a sympathetic look as soon as she went inside the room.

 

There were only two people inside the room. Grandma Im who had not awoken yet and Nayeon who was sitting beside her grandma. Nayeon was too tired to even notice Dahyun from entering. The witch had her head down on the side of bed and appeared to be sleeping.

 

Silently, Dahyun took a blanket she found nearby and put it on Nayeon’s back. She then went to the opposite side of Nayeon to check on Grandma Im’s vital signs.

 

After a few minutes, Nayeon stirred awake sensing that there was someone inside the room other than her. She looked up and saw Dahyun.

 

“You’re here again” she said smiling in greeting.

“You should take a rest from time to time, unnie. You look tired and your weight is dropping” Dahyun said observing the older girl.

 

“I am fine. I want to be the first one she will see when she wakes up” Nayeon replied adjusting her body more on a comfortable position.

 

“So, what’s the condition doc” she grinned sheepishly.

 

Dahyun smiled lightly in return knowing Nayeon wanted to light up the conversation.

 

“Still the same as before, her vital signs are normal. She should be waking up any time of the day” Dahyun observed. It was the same observation as the last week she checked grandma Im.

 

“She is a strong woman…without her, we wouldn’t be able to escape unnie” Dahyun recalled.

 

“She is indeed. Protecting everyone is always her top priority. She has always been like that always thinking of others first before her” Nayeon said lovingly describing her grandmother.

 

They spent some time telling some updates on what was happening in the kingdom. Since Nayeon was busy taking care of her grandmother, she did not much information about the current events and Jeongyeon was too busy representing the witch kingdom. A favor Nayeon requested to her soulmate.

 

 Later Dahyun stood up and bid goodbye to Nayeon. She held Grandma Im’s hand to let her know that she visited. It was a faint sensation but Dahyun felt that Grandma Im stirred a little. She did not bother to tell to Nayeon not wanting to give any false hope.

 

She exited the room with Mina waiting for her with a hot chocolate. Not questioning the warmth gesture as she was used to having Mina like this, she accepted the drink. They walked out of the building.

 

“I am gonna try some tomato and cream pasta tonight” Mina informed Dahyun.

 

“Ohhh…I can’t wait to taste it. Make sure that it’s going to be delicious. We don’t want another overcooked pasta just like last time” Dahyun teased Mina which the vampire girl pouted.

 

“I researched about it and I am 100% confident. Once you taste my pasta, you will want more and more of it for sure” Mina confidently boast to Dahyun.

 

Dahyun chuckled. She put her one arm around Mina’s as they headed to their car.

 

“I say let’s go to the central town again to do some grocery tomorrow and set up a picnic after” Dahyun proposed.

 

Mina’s eyes shone brightly at Dahyun’s proposal and nodded eagerly.

 

“Alright but on one condition, no w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter