Chapter 58

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 58

 

What was once a night full of happiness and joy of music had become days full of sorrows. Casualty from the recent tragedy were very minimal but impactful. Few innocent lives had been lost but the witches suffered more than they could have ever imagined. The tragic death of Im Young Ae – one of the greatest witches elder.

 

Tears raced down on Nayeon’s face blaming herself for being not where her grandmother needed her the most. She fell on her knees and continued to sob as her kind was almost done doing the send-off ritual – the most honorable they could ever give. Jeongyeon was at her side and supported her to stand up giving her comfort. For her, Nayeon’s grandmother was like her family too and she was also devastated by the tragic death.

 

“For dust we once from, and unto dust we shall return.”

 

Once the final chant had been heard, Nayeon who was at the center leading the send-off gather her strength and light up her torch placing it onto where her grandmother had laid, this action was then followed by Chaeyoung and Sana, who were both on each of her sides, completing the send off ritual for the witches who have died.

 

After some time, the crowd had dispersed. All were silent and had not dared to talk about what had transpired well not within the hearing range of the Alpha Queen.

 

Sana watched the gloomy sky absentmindedly. Her eyes void of emotion and was just standing like a stoic statue.

 

“Alpha” Momo called out in a whisper like tone.

 

“It didn’t rain today”

 

“….” The weather was indeed strange nowadays as what Momo had observed these past few days. She did not know if it was just a psychological point of view of hers or everything seemed to be dead and dry.

 

As if the whole nature stopped living for the moment. She had no answer.

 

“Be sure to instruct someone to make it rain. I can still smell the awful stench of blood around me” Sana instructed with scorn.

 

She felt suffocated in everything.

 

Momo nodded and Sana left wanting to be alone.

 

~~~

“A-Alpha!!! We pledge our loyalty to you…please, we didn’t know. HAVE MERCY”

 

It was the last words of the elder the Sana had once respected. Her loose white shirt and blue jeans were tainted by blood not of the enemy of her kind but the traitors from her very own pack.

 

She let go of the neck of the elder who lifelessly lying on the ground draining from his own blood. It was a massive pool of blood at the great hall of her palace.

 

Both Momo and Jihyo could only grimace at the bloody sight in front of them. A couple of werewolves’ bodies were seen lying on the floor, no sign of life.

 

The Alpha Queen ordered to throw the bodies away and not to be given a proper funeral just like what happened to Tzuyu’s father.

 

With the help of Nayeon and Jeongyeon in the investigation of what had transpired, the witches performed a spell by burning the tree near the event. The smoke emitting from the burnt tree formed into shapes narrating what exactly had happened. The Alpha Queen had seen from her very own eyes how Elder Chou attacked both Mina and Dahyun with the helped of some of her men.

 

Sana could never forget how helpless Dahyun was at the hands of her own people. People all over the kingdom knew by now how enraged the Alpha Queen was and they were made aware of the relationship of Dahyun towards Sana. No one had dared to voice out their opposite opinions as they were afraid to be the receiving end of her wrath.

 

Sana sat on her main seat plainly staring into nothingness as some of her men hurriedly dragged the lifeless bodies out of her sight. No one knew what she was thinking, and no one dared to approach her even Momo and Jihyo. She just sat there until the break of the dawn and darkness took over the palace.

 

Everything was dark and empty.

 

Flashback

 With desperation, Sana only had one thing in mind. She got up from the ground and quickly transformed into her werewolf form. Her eyes showed several emotions moving left and right. She was panicking and she was in a hurry. She ran ignoring the others who tried to calm her down.

 

She needed to go to the Vampire Kingdom. She needed to get Dahyun back. She needed to make sure that she was ok. And so, she ran like a speed of light passing some werewolf guards in the borders who were shocked to see their Alpha as such state.

 

She was already outside of her kingdom and into the deep forest. With her speed, she could get quickly to the Vampire borders and she would not hesitate to kill them all.

 

Sana….

 

Sana…

 

She could hear how Dahyun was desperately calling her. Dahyun needed her. All was her delusions.

 

She was going crazy.

 

She kept running and running until a force on her side pushed her making her rolled over the ground. She snarled at the daring wolf on top of her who stopped her. Sana could not waste time, but the wolf thought differently. Before she could do anything, she was forced to transform into human form same as the wolf on top of her.

 

It revealed to be Momo whose eyes were red. She slapped Sana hard in the face.

 

“GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF!!”

 

“DO YOU BADLY WANT TO BE KILLED?”

 

“YOU ARE AN ALPHA!! SNAP OUT OF IT… WE NEED YOU”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter