Chapter 8

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 8


NORMAL POV

 

Dahyun immediately took a cold shower as soon as she arrived in her house.

 

The cold water cascading down her body had given her temporary relief as the memories of Sana's kisses and touch had occupied her mind. 


The kiss was nothing like what they had shared before. It was full of longing and loneliness. The feeling of finally being complete just by having someone beside you - that was how she felt just like how she used to feel. The way Sana encirled her arm to her waist and pulled her closer, it made her feel protected and wanted. It made her remember their memories together. The Sana she knew and loved before that was what she saw. The Sana she always wanted to see.


However, the ring from her phone brought her into reality. The reality of what was happening between them now was just fragments of memories that should be burried and never been brought up. Dahyun knew that it was only a fleeting moment as she knew her place in Sana's world - nothing. So with all her might, she pushed her away just like how she was pushed away from the world she grew fond of. She was forced to fend for herself. She was forced to face her own reality alone. 


With  a heavy sigh once again , she composed herself as she turned off the shower.

 

She went in front of the mirror and looked at herself encouraging herself that she was where she is needed to be. 


Mina soon arrived and they talked a bit more before calling it a day. Both of them a bit tired and just wanted to rest.

 

Dahyun then initiated hugging Mina as they laid down. 


"I think we know who is the clingy between us now." Mina jokingly said surprised by the sudden affection of Dahyun. The young girl just snuggled closer to her and hug her tightly before muttering as she fell asleep.


"Shut up" The young girl softly muttered as she just snuggled closer to her and hug her tightly before finally resting her mind off.


"I am where I am needed to be"


A few days later, both Dahyun and Mina did not bother attending the council meetings. Mina was busy planning together with Jun Ho and talking to some of the allied vampires about their concerns. Since the missions had started , there were several rescued vampires who were given shelter by the common kingdom ; it was all because Chaeyoung now fully understood that not all vampires have ill intentions. Both Mina and Chaeyoung had this mutual understanding of each others kind ; Mina always talked to these vampires hearing them raise their concerns in exchange of their loyalty towards the Common Kingdom. In return, Mina would talk to Chaeyoung about these concerns to establish a common ground between two creatures .


Meanwhile...

 

Dahyun continued her duty in the hospital like any normal day she had. She checked on humans and other vampires who were confined.  Considering that some of the doctors in the hospital were cautious about treating vampires, Dahyun volunteered herself to be the one assisgned on this creature.

She entered a private room for her vampire patient and smiled warmly as soon as she saw her patient. The parents were beside the little girl watching over their daughter. Dahyun greeted first the parents before putting her attention to the little girl.


“How is my favorite little bat girl?” Dahyun teased as she took the liberty to ruffle the girl’s head with affection.


“Unnie! I thought I am never going to see you anymore” the girl said as she pouted. Dahyun chuckled at the cuteness.


“Well your unnie has a lot of little bat girls to take care of but of course, I wouldn’t forget my favorite one” Dahyun said smilingly as the little girl giggled earning a soft smile from the parents.


The vampire family who were confined was rescued by Jun Ho and Mina in one of their rescue missions the other day. They were running for their lives as Nosferatus tried to approach them and drain their blood. 


The Nosferatus were also attracted by the natural born vampire’s blood. They will stop at nothing just to taste the sweet blood. The natural vampires considered these Nosferatus as abomination and must be eliminated but unfortunately, the new clan who took over the kingdom saw them as an army to utulize against other kingdoms. 

 

Dahyun checked on the little girl's vital signs and her injuries from the bite of the Nosferatus. 


"She can go home now. Though she needs to have a little rest and drink some of the human blood tablets to make use of her natural healing. I will ask one of the staffs to provide it for you" Dahyun said as she took out her stethoscope and talked to the parents.


The blood tables were recently invented by the common kingdom for the vampires to drink as an alternative to human bloods in these way , they can establish co-existence without harming one another. Should a creature harms another creature intentionally then he/she will be subjected to trial and be punished by the council members. 

 

With tears on the parents eyes, they thanked Dahyun for helping them and also thank the common kingdom in providing them shelter. The doctor just smiled and told them how glad she was to be of help.


Dahyun then felt someone tugging her white coat and she turned to the little girl who was pouting.

 

"I dont want to leave unnie. I might not see you anymore and that pretty unnie girlfriend" the little girl said as she cried. The parents tried to soothe the little girl telling her how busy the doctor was to even visit her but the little girl kept on crying. 

 

Dahyun then put out a piece of paper and wrote down her number then give it to the young girl, "Don't worry if ever you need me or you want to play then here is my number. You just call me anytime , alright Sara?"


"Will you promise to be there when I call?" the young girl whose name of Sara innocently asked.

 

Dahyun smiled softly and made a pinky promise gesture as she promised to the younger in exchange, the young girl must be good and help her parents.

 

The doctor then bid goodbye to them as she left the room and proceed to her office. Dahyun stretched her neck left and right because of the soreness as she sat down. She had a long day as usual checking up on both human and vampire patients. She was exhausted. She leaned comfortably on her wheeled chair as she closed her eyes to relax.

 

"Looks like you need a break" 

 

As soon as Dahyun heard that familiar voice, she immediately bolted from her seat as she looked at the source of the voice.

 

"Alpha Queen, what are you doing here?" Dahyun asked clearly alarmed by the sudden presence by Sana who was seating comfortably at the couch of her office. Then all of a sudden Momo entered quietly in the room.

 

"No one noticed our arrival here Sana, we are safe" Momo reported.

 

Dahyun narrowed her eyes at them. It was really a good thing that Mina was out for another meeting with Chayeoung and her fellow hunters.

 

"Good" Sana simply said as she stood up and walked towards Dahyun but kept a good distance.

 

"Let's go have dinner together" San

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter