Chapter 31

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


CHAPTER 31

 

Dahyun was rummaging her bag for her winter coat to cover up on the cold weather. She was planning to go to the Medical Facility to check on the vaccine that Chaeyoung asked her for a little favor. When she finally was fully clothed and now prepared to leave, she grabbed her car key and turned around for the door. Dahyun yelped in surprised by Mina's sudden appearance on the door who was leaning casually while waiting for her.

 

"You surprised me ! Do you have to sneak up on me like that" Dahyun scolded the smirking Mina. 

 

"Well don't think for a second that I woul let you out of my sight" Mina replied as she turned around to go out first and entered the car waiting for the young doctor.

 

Dahyun sighed and just let Mina do what she wanted to do. 

 

"At least, she is not moping around anymore" Dahyun thought and followed Mina.

 

Dahyun entered the car on the driver side and before she could put her seatbelt on, Mina beat her on to it.

 

"Allow me, Princess" Mina said leaning on her to reach out the latchplate of Dahyun's seatbelt intentionally grazing her hands to Dahyun's thighs as she locked it into the buckle. Mina inwardly smiling in delight. The young doctor chose to ignore Mina's behavior and drove off. 

 

The two did not talk about anything. Dahyun chose to focus on the road despite feeling conscious because of how Mina was looking at her intently admiring her beautiful face down to her slim neck and to her slender body.  She just let Mina stare at her.

 

They arrived at the destination- the Medical Facility. As usual Dahyun went in with an access with Mina tailing her behind silently. Some people were surprised to see her and they were curiously glancing at her but Dahyun kept on walking down to her own area which became her own private office after she was able to discover the vaccine. 

 

They then entered the office and she took her own winter coat to replace with a white laboratory coat while Mina casually walked around her office as if she owned it then, finally settled to the main office chair. 

 

"So, are you just gonna accompany me here for hours without doing anything?" Dahyun asked Mina curiously. 

 

"Ehhh...Why not? I'd always like to see your work up close especially when your in your own little world. The concentrated look in your face when trying to figure out something is too pleasing not to miss" Mina said her lips twitching into a teasing smile.

 

"Aishh..." Dahyun took something from her cabinet and inserted it in her lab coat. 


She walked hasitly infront of Mina who was sitting on her chair. Dahyun then used her right foot to lightly kicked Mina's two feet indicating to separate them as she stood between her legs and leaned to the vampire woman.

 

"You could just say it to me and I would be willing to open my legs for you" Mina teasingly said to Dahyun but the latter ignored the woman's remark and put out a mini flashlight to oberve her eyes. The light then turned off and then on again. The action was repeated several times as Dahyun examined Mina's eyes carefully.

 

And when she did not find anything abnormal, she just sighed and then hid her mini flashlight to her coat. Next she pulled out something on her pocket, the one she got from her cabinet a while ago, and opened it.

 

"Hey, what are you trying to do?" Mina whined in protest but Dahyun eyed her in a warning look.  

 

"Open your eyes and do not close it until I say so. I am going to put a contact lens on your eyes" Dahyun instructed firmly and Mina did what she was told. When both of her eyes were done, the young doctor then stepped away from her before the vampire could do any inappropriate things.

 

"I knew these contact lenses I made before would come in handy" Dahyun whisphered to herself but Mina heard it.

 

"It is just an ordinary contact lens, what is so special about it?" Mina said as she bowed her head trying to get used to the new eyewear.

 

"It conceals the color of your real eyes so that people would not be afradi of you. I created that a few years ago for vampires settling here. But I never tried that to any vampire until now" Dahyun explained.

 

"And why do I need to hide my eyes exactly?" Mina questioned and Dahyun narrowed her eyes at the ignorant question.

 

"Are you seriously asking me that? Do you know what will happen if some anti-vampires saw you looking like the same as those vampires in the Vampire Kingdom? You might end up being held up and the rest of the vampire community might be in trouble as well" Dahyun said to Mina.

 

Mina then softly smiled looking at Dahyun and the young doctor could not help but to try to hold her breath by looking at the vampire woman. Since Mina wore the contact lens, the color of her eyes turned into hazel brown and it was Dahyun's most favorite look from Mina- Her soft gaze looking at her and only her. 

 

The doctor then looked away and explained Mina about the contact lens. "These contact lenses are made of a stronger base of silicone hydrogel. Humans cannot use these contact lenses because of it strong checmical structure. Vampire eyes especially their cornea does not rely or focus on the light and prefer to have darker vision. Hence, your sight is sharper during at night compared to daylight."

 

"And also the reason why all vampires have different eye color is because since your eyes are unable to absorb light like human does, the supposed to be transparen crystalline lens of a typical part of the eye instead adapt to the light color it can recognize"

 

Dahyun explained which was a bit complicated for anyone especially Mina to comprehend.

 

"But then, how do you explain---"

 

"And there are so many to discover yet with Vampire Anatomy that I have yet to discover" Dahyun said cutting whatever question Mina might ask as a challenge to her medical expertise which usually irked her.

 

Mina noticing the annoyance from Dahyun began to more "Well, My body is more than willing to be explored by you for the sake of science" Mina said playfully winking at her.

 

Dahyun then looked at her with horrified expression but deep down she was thankful that Mina and her was bantering like they used to be. 

 

Their moment was interrupted when a knock was heard from the door. A young intern doctor entered the office and reported that the laboratory was ready to use. Dahyun nodded and informed the intern that she would follow him to the laboratory later on.

 

She turned her head to Mina, "Aren't you gonna follow me?" she said in a way giving signal to Mina that she was giving her permission to enter her laboratory and the vampire girl happily complied.

 

They went inside the modern laboratory and only few people were at the area. Upon noticing her entrance and by the order of Son Chaeyoung, they bowed at Dahyun in respect and immediately left the room. It was the only request Dahyun made from Chaeyoung if she ever need to supply another vaccine again. 

 

Dahyun removed her laboratory coat and hang it on the other side of the table. She then sat on a tall metal chair while she rolled the sleeves of her left white shirt in preparation for Venipuncture. Mina just stood from afar watching Dahyun intently. It was a common agreement that she would not interfere with Dahyun's work.

 

Dahyun struggles on her own in tying the tourniquet 4 inches above her elbow line. She then formed a fist on her left arm. When Mina saw that Dahyun was struggling, she sighed shaking her head at the stubborness of the doctor to ask for her assistance. And so, she took the initiative to take the first action. Mina walked beside her while dragging another metal chair for her to sit on. She then pulled Dahyun's left arm, cleansed an area with alcohol on a circular motion, and gently insert a needle from a 15 to 30 degree angle into the vessel to pull out the blood. Dahyun simply watched Mina in awe while the young vampire draw out blood calmly not affected by the scent.

 

Mina pressed down on the injected woung with a gauze and waited a few seconds for it to stop bleeding. She then put the blood from the injection into the testube sealing it properly.

 

"Done? You could've just ask me to help you and it be easier that way" Mina said to her. Dahyun sheepingly smiled and said  "Actually, we are not yet done. We have a lot of testubes to fill in" 

 

Both looked at the test tubes counting into at least 10 and so they started. After that Mina stepped aside sliently once more to observe Dahyun. 

 

"You have done the vaccine before and I don't see why you need to spent a lot of time here again when you could have done the same process as before?" Mina asked observing Dahyun writing some different chemical structure whille looking at the microscope . It continues for several hours ignoring Mina's question. By the time it was almost 10pm, Dahyun finally decided to take a break.

 

Dahyun stretched out her arms out of tiredness from all the work. She looked at Mina who was on sitting on a metal chair leaning on the table and was sleeping. Dahyun smiled at the sight of Mina. She looked at her apologetically as she stood up quietly to put her labcoat Mina's sleeping form. 

 

She then walked back on her computer trying to figure out other ways in discovering a vaccine without using her blood but apparently her blood served as the nullifying agent against the venom. She could not create a vaccine without her blood.

She sighed in frustration and decided to sit on an arm chair to rest while looking at the white ceiling ...

Dahyun used to wonder what made her blood so special and why was it different from anyone. She recalled how the Alpha King was frantic when she was injured during the attack and how her parents made sure to cover her  wound immediately. No one knew the full details of this and no one told her anything not until her old professor discovered something about her blood. She recalled how she learned about it.

 

Flashback 

Normal POV

Days went by and everything went back to normal again at the university Dahyun was in. Both her and Chaeyoung attended their classes without problems. The funerals for the students who died was held and Son Hak Gyu publicly apologized for being unable to protect them. It was a tragic event that everyone wanted to forget. 


She was in her own house watching TV on a friday night after their classes ended, the news talked about the expansion of the werewolf kingdom in new territories as they were able to take back some of the lands which were conquered by the Vampire Kingdom. The news anchor from the Common Kingdom praised the leadership of the young Alpha Queen who stood tall and firm as she kept on watching her pack while being unbothered by the camera filming her. Dahyun never missed a news about the Werewolf Kingdom, she always see to it that she stayed updated with what were happening on the kingdom .

 

She then pulled out a remote and pressed pause perfectly stopping on Sana's close up video. Dahyun hugged her knees while leaning on the couch as she tilted her head sideway in admiration on how the older woman was maturing as time went by. 

 

"You have always been so beautiful Sana-unnie.." Dahyun muttered to herself but frowned when she noticed something.

 

"Why aren't you smiling anymore? You look beautiful when you show your bright smile unnie...your eyes, why can't I read it anymore?" Dahyun whispered again to herself succumbing to the loneliness and grief she thought she had forgotten. Now that she was alone and no distractions from her studies or from Chayeoung and other classmates, her mind was occupied with different thoughts. She did not mind the constant homeworks, practical tests, or non stop examinations she had to undergo , these kept her busy. It helped her forget that she was alone fending for her own.

 

"Sana-unnie... Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter