Chapter 26

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 26

 

Normal POV

 

With the arrival of the witches and the other hunters, the werewolf kingdom has been busier. They were still on alert just in case another attack might happen. Werewolves, Witches and Hunters were side by side as they watched over the borders trying to look for any abnormal movement beyond the protected walls of the kingdom while the others try to be comfortable in settling down in their temporary home. 

 

Today, 3 days after the attack, tha Alpha Queen had given special permission to the witches to use the central city of the kingdom to perform a massive healing ritual in the evening. All of the people had gathered eager to see all the witches perform their biggest healing ritual yet together with commemorating the dead who sacrificed their lives.

 

Dahyun had not seen Sana and the rest after they returned back to the kingdom. She completely understood why. Being at the top of the werewolf pack, Sana, Momo and Jihyo were occupied with their own responsibilities and duties in making sure that everyone in the kingdom was safe and settled down especially the witches. 

 

From time to time, she came to the hospital to help on Jihyo to check up on the other patients. There was nothing much she can do with them since supernatural healing was faster but nonetheless, she could not just sit around and do nothing. 

 

When she returned to the palace, she was informed by the royal guard to change into an appropriate clothing for the ritual ceremony in the evening. Dahyun wore a long sleeve black turtle neck dress with leggings to warm her legs from the cold weather since winter was just starting. She had thought of Mina and tried calling her but the vampire woman was not answering. This made Dahyun became worried because she knew that Mina was trying to find ways to interrogate Vernon about her parents.  She tried to reach Chaeyoung but her phone was unanswered as well. 

 

*Knock* *Knock*

Her thoughts were interrupted when Dahyun heard a knock on her room. Sana peeked before she could entered fully in the room.

 

Dahyun chuckled at the cute sight of the mighty alpha peeking.  "Come in, Sana" Dahyun invited and motioned for her to enter the room.

 

Sana smiled tiredly entering the room as she looked at the young woman lovingly. The Alpha Queen got closer to her and unwrapped the scarf she was wearing putting it on Dahyun's neck. Dahyun blushed at the sudden sweet gesture from the Alpha.

 

"Tonight's gonna be cold so you need to wear something to warm for your neck as well" Sana said fixing the scarf on Dahyun's outfit.

 

"Being a werewolf sure has its own perks especially this winter. You don't have problems about layering up" Dahyun said and cupped Sana's face with her two hands feeling her warm skin. Sana laughed heartedly at the gesture, her eyes were shining at how Dahyun unknowingly initiated skinship. She did not bother to point this out to the doctor and instead encircled her hands around Dahyun's waist in return.

 

"I remembered when we were young you were always asking me to sleep over to your house during winter taking advantage of me as a warmer" Sana recalled and Dahyun burried her face on Sana's neck to hide from embarassment remembering how clingy she was to the then-werewolf princess especially during the winter despite having werewolf parents on her own if she needed a warmer.

 

"You seemed so busy nowadays" Dahyun pointed out slightly whispering.

 

"Yeah, there are too many discussions and arrangments needed to be done for the transfer" Sana explained tightening her hold to Dahyun taking this opportunity to hold the doctor who seemed to not mind the closeness they had with each other. Sana contemplated but decided to ask what had been bothering her.

 

"Neh, Dahyun...do you rememember about what I told you before?" Sana carefully asked. Dahyun did not say anything and just enjoyed being in the Alpha's warm touched. She could not admit it to Sana how she missed her greatly.

 

"Dahyun-ah...would you give me that chance...that chance to prove to you my love. Would you stay by my side and allow me to show you my love?" Sana continued as she stepped back a little to create a little space to look into Dahyun's eyes. The Alpha Queen did not waste anytime to ask this to the doctor. The moment she had Dahyun all to herself, she took this opportunity. 

 

Silence took over as she waited for the young woman to respond. Watching her reaction from confusion, to understanding and to being afraid.

 

"Sana, I..I love you. There was never a day that I stop loving you" Dahyun silently confessed to her which Sana felt like those words brought her to heavem. It felt right and they were where they were supposed to be- in each other's hold. Sana was overjoyed in hearing Dahyun's admission but then frowned upon seeing the fear in her eyes.

 

"What's wrong?" Sana questioned squeezing her hold to Dahyun's waist giving comfort to the latter.

 

"I-I don't know if my heart can take it again...wha-what if you realize that this between us is not what it supposed to be. What if we were never meant to be that I am not good enough?" Dahyun said telling her insecurities to Sana about being not enough. The Alpha Queen had so many responsibilities and duties not only to her own people but also to other kingdoms being as one of the powerful leaders who could return peace and stop this never ending war for power. 

 

Dahyun tried to pulled back suddenly being conscious about their closeness. She had spent years to guard herself and had taught her self of not expecting too much from this world. She could not bear to experience another disappointment in her life again and from the person she was willing to pour her heart out once again.

 

There was nothing about how Sana was not willing to do whatever it takes to assure Dahyun that it will never happen again.  Sana finally understood the fear, the distance and the effort Dahyun had put through all this time to protect herself and it pained her to know that the latter was protecting herself from her...from another heartbreak that she expected of Sana to give her.

 

Sana didn't allow Dahyun to pull away and instead she grabbed Dahyun's hand putting it over her beating heart. Sana looked into Dahyun's eyes laying down all her defenses and allowing the young woman to see the Sana she loved so dearly.

 

"This heart...it beats only for you. Everything of mine belongs to you, it always has just like how you belong to me. I was a coward and stupid before but not this time, I won't let go not now  and especially, not in the future" Sana said sealing her promise to Dahyun by capturing her lips. Dahyun could feel the fast beating heart of Sana and genuinity of Sana's words to her making her accept Sana fully as she returned the kiss.

 

Before things heated up between them, Dahyun pulled away as their forehead touched smilling while they looked into each others eyes. Finally, they were both ready. 

 

After awhile, Sana clasped Dahyun's hand while leaving the palace and proceed to the central city. Sana's presence was needed to oversee the event.

 

As they arrived and walked together, Sana never let go of Dahyun's hands not afraid by the curious looks of the people around them. Momo and Jihyo smiled proudly but some of course frowned but did not dare say anything. Before Sana went up to the stage, Dahyun convinced Sana that she would stay off the stage and not come with her. Sana tried to insist that Dahyun, as her mate, had the right to be beside her but she refused understanding that it was not the right moment. Hence, Dahyun watched on the sidelines away from yhe prying eyes of everyone. 

 

Once everyone had gat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter