Chapter 18

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 18

At the Common Kingdom

 

Cha Seung Won was walking with his head down shoulders slouched looking dazed. Some of the hunter guards who were passing by the hallway were looking at him oddly but not forgetting to give him respect. No response was received. 

 

The man who was thinking deeply stopped in front of the wooden door where his niece's office was at. He breathe in deeply and trying to compose himself as he masked himself as the dignified man he was expected to be. He entered the office and looked at Son Chaeyoung who was busy signing some papers.

 

"You have been busier nowadays my favorite niece" he greeted trying to sound calm making himself comfortable in sitting on the couch without waiting for permission.

 

"I see that you finally decide to show yourself here. I have not been able to see you often in the office uncle" Chaeyoung said pointing out the absences of the uncle in the matters of administration. She looked at her uncle and was surprised by the weary look of his uncle. She knew the man was trying to mask it away but his eyes gave it all. His eyes were telling her of his tiredness and anxiousness.

 

"Are you alright, uncle? Should I call a doctor to check on you...you don't look so good" Son Chaeyoung asked worried about the health of his uncle. Had she been so busy that she failed to notice the well being of her remaining family? She put down what she was doing and stood up to go infront of her desk sitting on it gesturing to her uncle that he had her full attention.

 

Cha Seung Won chuckled at her worried look dismissing the care that her niece was showing. To him, Son Chaeyoung was nothing but an ideal young woman who should not be leading the Kingdom. He should be sitting where she was at given that he had  more experience and the wisdom. His brother was not ambitious like him wasting all the time of what could have been their moment of new discoveries that could help them surpass those supernatural creatures taking away their liability of mortality as what he called it.  

 

It was such an unfortunate thing how his brother focused more on idealism of uniting differences for the common good and looked what they were now, they were nothing but a follower to these creatures waiting to be devoured.  


But looking how things transpired , he still considered himself as luck as he was given the chance to change his course of fate and he would sacrifice anything to have it at the palm of his hand even if it means denouncing his own kind to be more superior.

 

"You are overthinking too much Chaeyoung. I have been busy with some matters that I cannot disclose yet. You know how it works we have some responsibility of our own. So forgive me if I am been away with all this politics as it is becoming so uninteresting for me. I have never been better in fact, I have already went to Dr Hong to check on me and I am fine" Cha Seung Won said as he casually leaned to the couch as if he owned the place.

 

Chaeyoung nodded understandingly. Looking at the man , she knew he can take care of himself. 

 

"How about you child? I heard that you have been in and out of the meetings lately ... care to update me on the matters of our kingdom?" He asked curiously.

 

Chaeyoung sighed thinking of what she had been up to. She had been busy trying to create order at the kingdom establishing a common truce both with her people and the vampire community with the help of Mina. She was thankfull that she did listen to Dahyun's advice of having Mina lead her own kind. At  She was also a bit surprised that Dahyun discussed with her about her willingly ready to give up her seat at the council just for Mina to take it over. No one opposed as this was won by majority of the votes from the council members. Sana of course and some voted out but nothing they could not do considering the Unification Treaty involved a representative of each kind. 

 

"Things have calmed down a little bit here in the kingdom. The Alpha Queen's men arrived the other week which was a great contribution to our defenses. Some additional witches had arrived as well working hand in hand with our people in every matters of the society" Chaeyoung briefed his uncle which the man just nodded.

 

....

 

"How about that Myoui Mina? I suggest to put more precaution towards her and her people. Vampires could not be trusted so easily" her uncle warned. 

 

"She had been helping me a lot with the vampire community and I know I can trust her just how my father trusted her" Chaeyoung said firmly not liking how his uncle leading this conversation.

 

"Things do really have changed here... You used to loathe these night creatures and now you are playing best friends especially with a royal vampire who deemed to be a traitor of her own kingdom" Cha Seun Won said chuckling as if mocking her. 
 

"You seemed to find everything here so lightheartedly considering how at ease you are not caring about the matters of our people. Mocking me as if you have done something signficant here" Chaeyoung retaliated which earned her a glare from the man.

 

"Easy child, I am still your uncle and older than you. I deserve to be respected and not to be looked down by a young woman such as yourself" Cha Seung Won hissed standing up as he was now face to face with his niece.

 

"Respect is for those who deserve it, not for those who demand for it" Chaeyoung said stoically which his uncle jus deprecate her as he left without saying goodbye.

 

Chaeyoung just let out an audible breath clearly disappointed at how they finished their discussion. She then went back to her seat to fix all the documents laid out on her desk to call it a night.

 

"That uncle of you should be the one not to be trusted instead of me" Mina said casually leaning on the wall of Chaeyoungs office.  The young one was not surprise by the sudden appearance of the vampire girl and instead was used to it.

 

"How many times do I have to tell you that sneaking up like that can give you trouble someday?" Chaeyoung warned as she looked at Mina which earned her a smirk.

 

"I like being the troublemaker here" Mina simply retorted. 

 

"What do you want now?" Chaeyoung asked directly to the point knowing that the vampire alywas had a reason why she was in the office.

 

"Nothing in particular. I had a meeting here with Jun Ho and with Alex Kim your lead hunter. I thought I drop by to check on you" Mina said casually which earned a suspicious look from the young girl.

 

"Since when do you care about my wellbeing?" Chayeoung eyeing her. 

 

Mina smirked, "Ever since I heard by one of your men that you are leaving tomorrow to the werewolf kingdom and I might try my luck to convince you if I can come along"

 

Chaeyoung shook her head  at Mina's silly attempt. 

 

"You know that the Alpha Queen will never let you enter her kingdom considering your relationship with Dahyun" she said to the vampire girl.

 

"It hasn't been one month and I am losing my mind here. I badly want to check on her and see how she has been. Is that woman trying to make advances to her? " Mina said clearly annoyed at how the arrangement she was forced to deal with in exchange for her freedom. 

 

"Don't do irrational things Mina-yah...Dahyun is well capable in handling herself" Chaeyoung reason out.

 

"Well, I don't know how can I keep on being patient here. I couldn't take on blood tablets and I dont like the taste of blood bags. Dahyun is what I need now" Mina said frustratingly.

 

"Do you realize that you are acting like a stubborn brat vampire in front of me? If your people will see you like that for sure, they will have second doubts of your capabilities" Chaeyoung said which just earned he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter