Chapter 2

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2

Continuation of Flashback


Dahyun POV

Panting, running as she inhale, exhale forcing her legs to move faster from one another.

Tripping and fumbling all around the deepest and densest part of the forest. She kept on running trying to get to the source of yelling and fighting north of her direction.

As soon as Mina and Dahyun heard the sound of the gun being fired, Mina immediately ran fast to the source leaving Dahyun on top of the large tree. Clearly understanding the motive of the vampire girl - to keep her there and to be safe. 

"So she does care after all" Dahyun thought. She didn't bother to call out to Mina as she knew it would be useless.

She is currently on top of the Redwood Tree which towers above the ground in 91 meters or 300 feet. She knew that if a human will jump where she was standing right now , the possibility of dying instantly from the fall has a high probability. 

She checked where was the commotion happening and when she got the correct direction where she would be headed, she jumped and landed smoothly.

It was getting darker so she ran hoping that at least she would be able to catch them there. 


After running for a good half an hour, she finally coming to halt and hid herself in a large tree as she sneaked some glances towards the source of commotion. And there , she saw 3 dead hunters down with bite marks from the group of 5 vampires. 


"They killed themselves as soon as they are bitten" Dahyun thought


The vampires surrounded the rest of the other members including Mina, the witch, Jun Ho and the 3 hunters.

 

But 2 out of the 3 hunters only have a few minutes before they die from the bleeding or worse being turned into a Nosferatu. 

 

Nosferatu Vampires - are the dying humans who underwent into a bad forced case of conversion into vampires because their blood is not compatible to be a vampire blood. Hence, they are mindless creatures who feed on the living.

 

Mina could sensed that Dahyun caught up to her. She was wondering how did the young girl went down from the tree but decided not to focus on her and instead divert her attention to their enemies in front of her. 


She moved slightly to her right near to the direction where Dahyun was so that if in case vampires noticed that there was another human nearby she could protect her. She then heard Jun Ho disappointingly sighed and she knew he sensed her as well.

 

"Stubborn kid" he whispered as he smirked at her before turning into his werewolf form and dashed at the enemies followed by 1 hunter and of course, her. 


While the 2 backed away with fear and leaning against the tree with the witch who was trying to create a barrier around them. 


Understanding the game plan as Dahyun observed, she immediately ran towards the 2 injured before the barrier was completed.

Dahyun ignored the commotion and the disapproving looks she got from the witch and the side glance of Mina who was trying to the kill the 2 vampires.


Mina saw an opening and just tore the heart of her enemies and tried to help the werewolf who was fighting the other two. 


Dahyun saw this and shook her head, "Why do all creatures like to be barbaric?" she muttered to herself.

 

"What are you saying? Are you stupi---" the witch cursed at her when suddenly a Nosferatu Vampire jumped on her barrier trying to break it. 

 

Dahyun did not bother the witch and focus to the two soldiers who were too weak to move. She let down her bag to her side as she examined the bite. 

 

One has a large wound on his neck with non stop bleeding and the other one, was bitten on his arm with the flesh being torn apart and she could probably could see the bones.

The first one cant be saved but the 2nd man still had a chance. 


"It would be  a lost cause for the one arm" Dahyun thought


"How long were you bitten?" Dahyun calmly asked the soldier.


"I..I, I don't know. I arghhh" the man writhed in pain and clutched his arm tightly hoping to ease the burning sensation on his arm. 


Noticing the reaction of the man, "Do you want to be a vampire?" Dahyun asked looking at the man as she prevented the man from clutching his own wound. 


The man looked at her in pain and he was panting heavily, "Just kill me instead" he said before writhing in pain again.


"Alright, that is all what I needed" Dahyun said and she took the knife from the man's belt and chopped off his left forearm. 


The man shouted loudly from the agonizing pain. She then hurriedly tore her own jacket and wrapped it tightly to his torn arm and tyingit with her own belt. 


"Neither you are  dead nor a vampire. I cut it to save you from the vampire venom. You will be alright, ok? Do you hear me ? " Dahyun said almost rasing her voice to calm the man.

 

Dahyun then went to the man with the worst wound, she looked at him and she knew that nothing could be done but let him be a vampire.

 

"You need to kill him before he turned to one of those..those thing" the witch said as she struggled in keeping her barrier up because of the vampire who was trying to break her barrier. Dahyun ignored her and observed the man.

 

", there are others coming" the witch frantically said as she saw some of the Nosferatu going towards to them.

 

Lee Jun Ho suddenly appeared and bit the neck of the vampire who was trying to break the barrier. 

 

"Can you creat a large barrier that can surround us? We need to retreat! " Lee Jun Ho said

 

"But there is a family who needs to be saved, I heard them just a short distance. I know you could hear their cry for help... dont be a coward" Mina hissed. 

 

"Arghhh, fine ! The two of us can go while you stay with the rest of the team and try to protect them. Then can you hold on the barrier for half an hour right, witch?" he said giving instructions.

 

"I-I think so, but the number of vampires surrounding the forest. I dont think I can handle it for that long" the witch reason out.

 

"Dahyun and the Hunter can take care of it. Hey Dubu ! Here is a gun and a knife, you know how to use it" Lee Jun Ho said as Dahyun took it.

 

Dahyun just looked at him and nodded. She then turned to Mina, "If they are injured but has not turned yet...please listen to me and not kill them for once, the two of you, just hear me out" she seriously said.

 

"Aisshh, alright!" Lee Jun Ho said as he together with Mina ran towards the source of cry.

 

The witch then put her barrier back while 1 Hunter stays on guard and Dahyun just continued to apply a direct pressure on the cut using some pieces of gauze from her bag which was already soaked in blood. 


"Hey witch, what is your name by the way? " Dahyun asked trying to ease the tension.


"Lee Gah yeon" she answered shortly.


"Dahyun smiled without looking at them, "How about you mister?" She then asked the man who is on standby watching the surroundings.


No one said anything. 


"Alex Kim" the man eventually said. 


"Well, my name is Kim Dahyun" she introduced herself. 


"We know that already. Who would have a sane mind in volunteering in this kind of mission" Gahyeon said


"Hush, quiet" the man said as he prepared his gun in case of any attack again.


Dahyun then quietly asked the other hunter to help her to put pressure on the wound of his comrade. She checked the gun if it has enough ammunition while holding a knife on her left arm. 

 

"It can't be helped" Dahyun thought and the soonest she saw a vampire coming towards them, she pulled the trigger and shot the creature straight from the head.

 

"Are you insane, I had my barrier up" Gahyeon said.

 

"A hunter's bullet has a spell on it making it immune to any of supernatural means. Don't you learn that in your school" Dahyun said


"Right !, I knew that" Gahyeon said blushing from embarassment.


Dahyun rolled her eyes mockingly, the barier Gahyeon put up does not have any effect on humans so Alex , step away from it easily to create wide space for himself to fight.

 

Dahyun then followed but flinched a little as she passed the barrier. She then was back to back to him.

 

"Do you think you can hold?" Alex challengly asked her.


"If I ended up being dead then, that is the answer" Dahyun said as they get ready with the other vampires blindingly ran up to them. 

~~~~
Exhaustedly, it is close to one hour had passed, Dahyun and Alex both entered the barrier and sat down to rest with the bodies of the vampires surrounding them. Dahyun crawled up to the injured hunter. She handed water to the man still applying pressure to his comrade and kept on telling some words of encouragement to hang in there. She asked the witch if she could heal the hunter who was dying but was told that she was not allowed to go through a dark spell, that is what warlocks do ,not them as a witch. 

 

Her phone then rang, signalling an alarm she had set. She then immediately pushed away the man who was applying pressure to the man and sliced deeply into her wrist then, put it on the man's mouth.

 

"Wh-what are you doing?" the man angrily said and tried to approach her but Alex hold on to him.


With a thankful look towards him, Dahyun simply did the unthinkable and she let the man get his senses and bit her wrist hungrily. Then the man passed out after a couple of minutes, Dahyun then tended her wounds wrapping it with the remaining bandage she had packed.

 

Mina and Lee Jun Ho then appeared before one of the hunters, asked what she had done. Both ran towards them with a family of three with them. Dahyun smiled at the sight and Mina could see the joy from her eyes. It brought a pleasant feeling in her heart but before she could decipher, Lee Jun Ho instructed the team to retreat with the witch, even though exhausted with the constant enchantment, creating a large barrier for them. 

 

Dahyun then carried the unconsious hunter with one arm on her shoulder as she hold the man's waist. Mina then helped her by putting one arm of the man to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter