Chapter 56

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 56

 

Dahyun was stretching her neck left and right. She groaned when she heard a loud pop each side of her neck.

 

“Ohh…that’s better”

 

“You look worn out…Next time you should join our training so that your body would get used to physical activities. You are being rusty” Chaeyoung said beside her.

 

“Maybe I’ll try to do some exercise, but I have been busy with all the research we are doing” she excused.

 

The two were together to meet up with Jihyo to talk about the counter weapon they made in response to the silver nitrate guns of the vampires. They entered the elevator and tap on their ID to go down on the secured area.

 

“Where is Tzuyu? Is she not coming with you?” Dahyun innocently asked. Chaeyoung raised a brow at her.

 

Dahyun raised both of her hands gesturing her that it was an innocent question.

 

Chaeyoung sighed.

 

“She is with the Alpha Queen…you know, for the ceremony” she replied carefully.

 

“Looks like everyone is busy with that. I haven’t found a proper dress. How about you?” Dahyun asked nonchalantly.

 

Chaeyoung looked at her for a minute and was surprised that she was taking it so well.

 

“I am surprised that you are acting so carefree about it…still, it is about Sana.” Chaeyoung stated. The door of the elevator opened, and they walked with some personnel greeting them as they passed by.

 

“There is nothing I can do about it you know…” Dahyun murmured.

 

….

 

“Yeah, me too” the human leader said ending their conversation as both arrived. Chaeyoung placed her thump on the security device and the glass door opened automatically.

 

“Right on time!” Jihyo exclaimed as soon as she saw the two humans arrived.

 

“Dr Han can you bring me the samples over there” Jihyo instructed someone who seemed to be new.

 

“I didn’t know we have a newcomer here” Dahyun noticed. The doctor looked like a frail man but he was part of the werewolves.

 

“He is an omega but a bright young man. One of the councils introduced him to me” Jihyo said and the both two humans nodded.

 

“Here you go” Dr Han said placing the big box of samples on the table.

 

“It is nice to meet the two of you. I hope we get along well” Dr Han greeted them politely.

 

“Same here as well, Dr Han. Thank you for your help my name is Son Chaeyoung – head of the human council and this is Dr Kim Dahyun” Chaeyoung introduced herself and Dahyun.

 

“Nice to meet you” Dahyun smiled politely.

 

Dr Han looked at them delightedly.

 

“Well, If you need any help just feel free to approach me and I am sure we will see each other more often” Dr Han said before informing the three of them that he was needed at the upper floor to oversee the patients.

 

Jihyo nodded and dismissed him. She then opened the sample case and it revealed the silver nitrate poison injections.

 

Dahyun took one sample and notice the small dosage of it inside.

 

“I don’t really recommend having this alternative. It might be harmful on the werewolf bodies given that we are injecting poison to them” Chaeyoung said remembering the pain she saw from Tzuyu when she first tried it.

 

“Think of it like a vaccine but in a more aggressive way” Jihyo said as she took one and sat down to try the sample that will be given to the warriors. As a werewolf, she wanted to try it first-hand. She injected it and she noticed a subtle pain her breathing became heavy but soon calmed down. Her eyes turned into werewolf eyes.

 

Dahyun watched it with fascination.

 

“Mithridatism. A traditional practice during ancient times of protecting oneself against poison by gradually self-administering non-lethal amounts” Dahyun explained as she crouched down to check on the adverse effect on Jihyo.

 

“For now, this is what we can since we have little time to process a cure. Werewolves have grown immune to silver, but this type of weapon is new” Dahyun stated. She checked all the samples and the reports on the creation then signed as an approval. She then handed the paper towards Chaeyoung for her to sign.

 

“You always outdone things by doing the unconventional way” Chaeyoung said to her but with a hint of pride on her tone. Clearly, Dahyun became one of the best in her field because of her boldness and her straightforwardness. She was truly an asset to the humans.

 

“I’ll keep this and report it to the alpha on the next meeting with the councils” she continued. Both Jihyo and Dahyun nodded.

 

“So how are you feeling, unnie? Would you be fine” Dahyun asked the werewolf looking at her with concern.

 

“Yes, I needed to be fine. I’ll be fine after a few minutes” Jihyo replied.

 

“Let us proceed with the next agenda then” Chaeyoung said and put down the small platinum briefcase she was carrying from the start. It was only the three of them in the room and so, it is a perfect opportunity for her to present what her human researchers had been doing.

“If the vampires have silver nitrate bullets then, we can use this aside from our very own hunter weapons.” Chaeyoung opened the case and it revealed some sample ammunition which appeared to be emitting a blue light.

 

“These are hallowed bullets filled with a special irradiated fluid that emits an enhanced UV light against vampires” she continued while watching Dahyun inspect the said bullets.

 

“It is still on an experimental stage and we have not used it yet. I am thinking if maybe we can use this in some territorial reclaim missions” the human proposed.

 

Jihyo got up when she was well enough and looked at the discovery. It would indeed be advantageous when this experiment succeeded.

 

“I’ll informed Momo to choose some of her selected warriors to do some trials” Jihyo said.

 

“Did Mina know any of this?” Dahyun asked growing concern about the possibility of this hurting Mina.

 

“…Yes, she was the one who gave the idea and we just enhanced it” Chaeyoung revealed.

 

“Don’t worry…Mina will be protected and be fine” the human leader reassured Dahyun.

 

“I know Chae…” Dahyun smiled softly deep inside she was worried as it might be used against Mina but there was more a big threat rather than worry about Mina. She knew that the vampire could protect herself.

 

The three of them ended their meeting with good outcomes to present towards the council.

 

~~~

Dahyun then stop by at Grandma Im’s hospital room to check her and Nayeon.

 

“Unnie” Dahyun called out to Nayeon quietly.

 

“Oh, you are here again” Nayeon smiled gratefully at Dahyun.

Dahyun filled her out what was happening though she knew that Jeongyeon was already informing all the details to her already.

 

She looked at the elder witch and it was still the same as before. She was sleeping peacefully.

 

“I am gonna start attending some meetings tomorrow” Nayeon revealed to Dahyun.

 

“I can’t stay here and wait for grandma Im to wake up. My people n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter