Chapter 23

A New Saga : The World of the Supernaturals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 23

Normal POV

Jeongyeon with a group of werewolves arrived in the Witch Kingdom but they were too late. The barrier surrounding the whole kingdom had fallen apart. Buidlings destroyed and burning houses were all over the place. Some humans and witches bodies were lying on the floor - some were dead , some were unconscious. The sight was horrific for Jeongyeon. Seeing her people died before her was devastating. She closed her eyes and tried to focus on what was important now - and that was to save who can be saved. Seconds ticked by she could hear clothes ripping and several growls behind her which turned into howl.

 

Lee Jun Ho - one of the best soldiers in the werewolf kingdom, placed a hand on Jeongyeon's shoulder - A silent gesture reassuring her of their support to the Witch Kingdom, before he turned in his true form charging to all the Nosferatus he could find together with the other werewolves.  

 

Her eyes became firm as she readied herself to do whatever she could to save her people. With the correct spell and incantations, all kingdom was now covered with mist creating little visibility for the Nosferatus making it as an advantage for the werewolves. 

 

The werewolves were able to kill soe of the Nosferatus in no time and picked up the wounded humans/witches. Jeongyeon then created a spell for them to be transported back inside the palace before the other Nosferatus could detect them. 

 

----

Inside the Witch Palace...

 

Im Nayeon was too busy trying to go from one human or one witch to another to heal them of their bite wounds. The witches were immune to the vampire venom as they were born to defy the dark creatures blood in their system. 

 

However, the humans were not immune and the majority of them needed the DNA Vaccinacion but they were running of supplies because the warlocks destroyed majority of their medical facilities clearly a well thought planned.

 

"Nayeon ssi , we could not find your grandmother. We tried to cloak ourselves and searched the perimeters outside the castle but we could not find any trace of her and of the other warlocks." One of the witches reported to her.

 

Im Nayeon nodded understanding the situation. She was worried about her grandmother's well being. She was the only remaining family member she had and Nayeon was not ready to lose her. 

 

"Tell the other witches to not to lose hope and strengthen the barrier around the palace until help comes arrive. I know they are coming so we need a little more time." Nayeon instructed to the witches.

 

Nayeon looked around her surroundings. Her people were weeping silently, hugging their only remaining family members  afraid of the outcome of this attack. They were able to evacuate almost all of the people in the Kingdom in no time but at the expense of losing protection of their kingdom.

 

"Let the buildings and our home be destroyed without protection. These could be rebuilt again and again but the lives of the others cannot be brought back as it is against the natural order. We must focus on our people and call the other kingdom's for their help before it's too late" ordered by Im Nayeon's Grandmother to her.

 

After some time, a strong incantation circle was slowly forming in the middle of the hallfway. Nayeon motioned for the others to back away and was preparing for a counter attack thinking that it may be the warlocks infiltrating them but she was glad to see that it was not the traitors but her familiar - Jeongyeon together with werewolves and other rescued people.

 

With relief washing over her face finally seeing her source of comfort, Nayeon rushed to Jeongyeon's side and hugged her tightly as if afraid of letting go. 

 

"I am glad that you are here and you are safe" Nayeon whispered to Jeongyeon with her slight shaking voice. Jeongyeon in return hugged her back as tight as possible as she could sigh in relief knowing her Nayeon was unharmed. 

 

"I got you, don't worry and I am not leaving by your side again" Jeongyeon said a promise like only death could ever separate them away. She asked her about the whereabouts of Im Young Ae but Nayeon only shook her head sadly. Jeongyeon did not further ask and instead focus on the situation at hand.

 

With her and Nayeon working together, they were able to strengthen the barrier surrounding the palace. It will give them some time before the Nosferatus could infiltrate them.

 

"We will have a major concern here, we do not have enough DNA Vaccination anymore here. Some of them have not been administered one yet and they might turn anytime soon" Lee Jun Ho said approahing them.

 

"I ordered my men to separate those who are about to turn and tie them up as precautionary measure" he continued. 

 

" We cannot just stand here and wait to be saved, Jeongyeon. We are witches and we are powerful enough to be defending our own people too" Nayeon said indignantly as she composed herself and turned around to her people to gather those who are willing to fight.

 

"Nayeon is right, Jun Ho. We cannot just wait here to be rescued. We need to draw the enemies back away from this palace " Jeongyeon said to Jun Ho.

 

The man agreed  and mind link his men for an order. He also reported this to the Alpha. 

 

"I have alerted the Alpha Queen and was given a permission. Some of my men will stay here to protect the people while me and the others will go outside to draw them back. The Alpha with the rest of our additional armies are near so we would have an advantage later on. Our beta - Momo, had informed me that Dr. Kim is with them, if we can have her enter the palace and help in the treatment of the humans then, the bitten humans can be saved as well" Jun ho explained to the two witches.

 

Nayeon and Jeongyeon then looked at each other with determination holding each others' hands as they prepare themselves to defend their people.

 

---

 

"Hahahahaha!"

 

"Hahahahaha"

 

"Hahahaha!"

 

Vernon was outside of the palace as he ordered the Nosferatus to try and keep on destroying the magical barrier of the palace. He could only laugh mockingly at the lame attempt of the witches to save themselves from the impending doom. 

 

He swore with his life to the Vampire Kingdom that he would destroy the Witch Kingdom and he would stop at nothing from doing so. It was an entertaining sight to him to see the betrayal of the same kind vying for power and dominance. The warlocks had really helped him and his army in infiltrating the kingdom and he spared no time as he aimed for more bloodshed. 

 

With his sword and his vampire powers, he went house to house  and kill  those he saw. Some who begged to spare them and even pledged to ally with the Vampire Kingdom. And he enjoyed watching them plead only to crash their hopes that their lives would be spared as he bit them drinking all of their blood.

 

There was a mist surrounding the kingdom preventing the Nosferatus to see but with his vampiric senses and dominance over these mindless creatures, this mist did not falter their purpose to wreck havoc and kill as many as they could.

 

"Hahaha! This is fun , what a great gift ! I want more blood and I want to kill more hahahaha" Vernon said as his laughter could be heard like a lunatic finding joy in tainting his hands with the blood of innocent people.

 

The warlocks who were working alongside him eyed him warily but continued to help the Nosferatus in breaking the barrier of the Nosferatus. They ignored the gnawing feeling in their stomach as they smelled the air filled with coppery iron scent indicating the blood of their own kind scattered all over the area. 

 

They did not want to end up like them hence, the warlocks could only face forward the barrier as they continue to utter their incantations for the Nosferatus to enter the palace. 

 

---

 

"Stay beside me, we will get near the palace and Jeongyeon will help you to get inside. She will open the barrier"  Sana instructed me briefly. Dahyun nodded firmly seriously looking ahead as the car sped up near the border.

 

Not satisfied with a mere nod from Dahyun , Sana grabbed her hand as she held it tight putting it on her chest.

 

"Dahyun, I meant it when I told you I could not bear if I lose you so please, stay alive" Sana said silently pleading Dahyun to be alright. 

 

Dahyun could hear the quiver in Sana's voice. She felt the fear Sana had for her as it flew within her insides. 

 

Wanting to comfort Sana in her own way assuring her that everything will be alright, Dahyun squeezed Sana's hand as she kissed them just like what she did when they were children everytime Sana w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter