Six

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Yeon is photocopying some documents on Wednesday morning at work. It's been 4 days since the last time she saw Jung Woo. She knew she will see him soon but she's thankful that he's busy. She keeps recalling their conversation that night.

***Last Saturday Night***

"I like you."

The chopstick that she was holding slips out of her hand as she gazes at him. "What?"

"I like you." he told her again.

The time seems to stand still as they stare at each other. She can't believe that he's saying this. He likes her? Why? How? Then Hye Yeon laughed awkwardly.

She chuckles. "Is this one of your jokes again? You're silly." She said as she picks up her chopstick. Jung Woo places his chopstick down and rests his hands on above his knees.

He took a deep breath before speaking. "I don't know when it started but ever since you bumped into me on my dressing room, I couldn't get you out of my head. I constantly look forward to seeing you in KEBN, even just a glimpse of you. You're not like other women that I meet. You treat me as a person, not as Lee Jung Woo the celebrity. I'm just simply Jung Woo in your presence. If you're concern about my status as a celebrity, I will use the influence that I have to keep my relationship with you in private, even we're just friends."

Hye Yeon's facial expression becomes serious and concerned. "Jung Woo-ah, you know what I feel right now, right?" she said calmly.

"Of course, I understand that. But it won't stop me from pursuing you. I won't force you to be with me. But let me prove myself to you. Let me introduce myself as Lee Jung Woo, not the actor, but the man who admires you." he said with a complete fondness showing on his face. Hye Yeon can't help it but be flattered. She just gives him a shy smile at that moment.

***

Hye Yeon picked up the documents and its copies and brought it to one of her colleagues. One of the senior writers asked her to bring the USB to Studio 7. She immediately went there.

When she arrived at the Studio, an interview is being recorded. She gave the USB to one of the writers there. She was about to leave when she noticed that one of the guests are Lee Jung Woo.

"As we all know, Lee Jung Woo-ssi is a very talented actor. He can do action, historical, thriller, and RomCom. Speaking of RomCom, Jung Woo-ssi, I'm curious, and I know the viewers and fans too. Are you dating someone right now?" asked the host.

The audience screams in elation. Jung Woo chuckles before he answered. "No, but I'm waiting for someone," he said. Ohh's and Ahh's are heard in the studio. The host asked a follow-up question. "You're waiting for someone. Does this means there's a special woman in your life now?"

"Yes."

Fans scream again. Hye Yeon was stuck at that moment. She didn't realize that he's really serious.

"Can you tell us something about her?"

Jung Woo faced brights as he tells the audience about her. "Well, she's a friend of mine. I just meet her recently but it feels like I've known her for a long time. She doesn't treat me as an actor. She treats me as Jung Woo, just a person. I just confessed my feelings towards her recently. But I didn't ask anything back from her."

"Why is that?" asked the host.

"Because I know it's too fast for her. But I can't help it. She's kind, bubbly, she cooks well, considerate, caring and she's beautiful inside and out." Jung Woo said.

"Are you hoping that she will date you someday?"

"To be honest, yes. But I think she's quite scared of the industry that I'm in. We're friends now but she avoids being public alone with me. So, I want to protect her from it. If she will date me, I want it to make private. I don't want paparazzi to harass her, or people approach her to ask information about me or bash her because she's with me. She's a good person, that's why I want to be with her. You know, I can just let her go so no one will bother her. But I feel selfish now and this is the first time I'm being selfish, as far as I know. She makes me happy and I want to make her happy as well" Jung Woo looked at the camera. "So I'm asking everyone to respect my relationship with her. She's a good friend now. But, when the time comes that she's ready to be with me, please, give us your support and let us be happy."

The fans were touched by Jung Woo's statement. Hye Yeon can't believe what he said for her sake.

"Before we pause for a break, can you give a message to the woman you are waiting?"

Jung Woo was blushing but he composed himself. "To her, hello. I hope you're not working too hard today and you're okay. As I said, I will protect you no matter what happens. I'll be here for you like you are to me. I will wait until you're ready to be with me because I'm ready, ever since I meet you." The audience gives him a round of applause as the host cue for a commercial break. Jung Woo waved at his fans as the host is reading the next segment cue card. Something catches his eyes, it was Hye Yeon who's leaving the set.

Hye Yeon walks calmly back to her work. She admits that she was touched by Jung Woo's confession. As a celebrity, it's a grand move for him. And she knows that media and his fans will be curious who is he waiting for.

---

Before going home after work, Hye Yeon stopped by to buy tteokboki, kimbap and two bottles of soju. She's alone at home because Mi Kyung will be in Myung Jae's home in Incheon. She wants to stay out her house, on her comfortable clothes, eating and drinking while staring at the night sky.

She changes her clothes to a plain shirt blue, and leggings. She grabs her food, chopstick, and glass and went on the low table outside. She plays something on her phone as she eats her dinner and drinks soju.

Suddenly, her phone rings. She looks at it and it was Jung Woo and it's a video call. She answered it.

"Hi." she greets him.

"Oh, you're home?" he asked.

"Yes. I'm having dinner now." she said as she eats some kimbap. "You?"

He groans. "Just finished a photoshoot."

She nods "Did you have dinner?" she asked him. She noticed that Jung Woo was on his van. "We're on our way to eat dinner in Gangnam. I was wondering if I could invite you to join us but you're already at home."

"Yes, I'm too happy with my food and drink now to go on a fancy dinner with you" she laughs.

"I rather have dinner with you." he murmured. Hye Yeon smiles at him. "By the way, I saw your interview this morning. When will it be aired?"

"Friday night." he replied. Hye Yeon just shrugged. Both of them remained silent. Jung Woo was staring at her while Hye Yeon was looking down at her food. "I mean what I said earlier and last Saturday."

She looked at him on the cellphone screen "I know." she assures him.

"Let's have dinner soon, okay?" Jung Woo asked.

"Sure, when we're not busy." she simply said.

"Okay. Enjoy your meal. We're close in our destination. Talk to you soon." Jung Woo stated.

"Okay. Enjoy your meal." she waved goodbye to him and the call ended.

---

Jung Woo stares at his phone for a while. His home wallpaper was his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter