Thirty Eight

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Yeon just finished checking the 10th episode of their drama. The 8th episode will be aired that night while the next episode is on the next day. The response of the audience to the drama is great. Many fell in love with Jung Woo's character and many adore Kang Mi Suk's acting.

She's on her way to the shooting location when she bumps with Na Ji Woo.

"Hello, Writer Choi." Ji Woo said.

"Hi, Na Ji Woo-ssi. How are you?" Hye Yeon asks.

Ji Woo smiles "I'm good. I just finished my interview a few minutes ago. I'm going to a photo shoot later." she said. Hye Yeon nodded and smiles at her.

"By the way, did Vice President Park mentioned to you about the dinner?" Ji Woo asks. Hye Yeon knows what she's talking about. Dong Joon mentioned it to her a week ago. He also said that he didn't want to have dinner with Ji Woo cause he's uncomfortable with her so he just made an excuse for them being busy.

"Ahh... Yes. He did mention it. I'm sorry but my schedule is really full because of the drama." Hye Yeon said.

"Vice President Park told me that. Actually..." Ji Woo smiles while blushing. "He offers that we should have dinner together, the two of us only but I'm not comfortable with it so I mentioned that we should include you since you are friends with him. He looks upset when I said it but he said it's okay."

Hye Yeon was surprised at what she said. She's lying now. Hye Yeon smiles. "I see. That's fine. It's not a problem."

"Don't be sad, Writer Choi. We can have a meal together too. Just us girls. Okay?" Ji Woo said sweetly. Hye Yeon just nodded.

"I have to go. It's nice to see you, Na Ji Woo-ssi." Hye Yeon said and left immediately. Hye Yeon didn't like Ji Woo is acting. She just hopes that Na Ji Woo won't do something stupid again.

---

Jung Woo is testing the keyboard piano as he waits for the shooting to start. It's the scene where he sings in the bar for Min Ah, Kang Mi Suk's character. The song is what he wrote in America while missing Hye Yeon. Apparently, Hye Yeon never heard his song ever since he recorded it.

Hye Yeon enters the bar and greeted Ji Seung Hoon. Jung Woo saw him and he smiles upon seeing her. He hasn't bothered her but he's still hoping for her t come back to him. She didn't mention she likes now but seeing Hye Yeon recently, she looks more lovely than ever.

Na Ra taps his shoulder and he looks at her. "Jung Woo-ssi, we will start the shoot." she said. Jung Woo nodded. He sat properly and took a deep breath.

Mi Suk sat on one of the free tables there as her stylist fix her hair. The cameramen are checking their views while Seung Hoon is monitoring. Hye Yeon sat there and watches the staff moved.

Jung Woo is adjusting his seat comfortable way. He also checks the mic if it is working.

"Okay! Quiet on the set!" Seung Hoon announced. "Jung Woo-ssi, are you ready?"

"Yes, PD-nim" Jung Woo answered.

"Okay! Ready! 1-2-3-, action!" Seung Hoon yells.

Jung Woo starts to play his piano. The set is quiet. Mi Suk stares at Jung Woo as he plays the guitar. Hye Yeon looks at Jung Woo upon hearing the melody. She suddenly feels nervous. Then, Jung Woo starts singing. Hye Yeon listens to his song and she feels like he's talking to her.

Jung Woo continues to sing, remembering memories with Hye Yeon. The day he meets her, their first dinner together, at Shinbi's birthday, the night he confessed that he likes her, the night she told him that she likes him, the pictorial, the award ceremony, Bigbang concert, and when they stayed in Busan. All the sweet happy memories with her. He also remembered the night he left her.

He continues to sing. On his line of view, he can see Hye Yeon. She's expressionless as he sings for her. She's looking at the monitor then to him. Their eyes meet. Jung Woo can't help but miss her even she's right there.

After the song, Seung Hoon yells 'cut'. The staff applauds Jung Woo. Hye Yeon applauds to and smiles at him. She acknowledges his talent as a musician.

Jung Woo feels like crying at that moment. His stylist was about to approach him when he stood up and excuse himself. The staff was surprised but the stylist said that Jung Woo just wants to calm himself down. Hye Yeon didn't buy it. But she didn't do anything about it.

The shooting continues after Jung Woo came back. They shoot some scene where Jung Woo's character will confess to Mi Suk's character. Hye Yeon is watching for afar. Seeing her drama coming into life makes her happy. From Kim Ji Won and Lee Dong Gun to Lee Jung Woo and Kang Mi Suk.

After the shooting, some of the staff decided to have dinner together. Hye Yeon is exiting the bar when Jung Woo follows her.

"Hye Yeon-ah." Jung Woo calls her. Hye Yeon looks back at him. She smiles. "What?"

"I just want to know what can you say about the song I made," he said.

"It's a good song. It suits the drama and you did well back there." she points back at the bar. Jung Woo nodded. "I'm glad. I wrote that song in America. I was planning to release it as a digital single I feel like it's not time yet." he explains.

Hye Yeon just nodded. "Well, I'm glad you didn't because I think it really suits this drama," she said as she starts walking out again. Jung Woo beside her.

"Are you going to dinner with the staff?" Jung Woo asks.

She shook her head. "No, I have plans," she replied timidly.

"Dinner with Tae Sun, Ye Won and Dong Joon?" he asks. Hye Yeon looks at him. "No, we just went to dinner two nights ago. I'm heading home. I'm quite tired, really." she sighs.

"I see. I can drive you to Mapo if you want." Jung Woo offers. Hye Yeon smiles sadly at him. "Mom's home was sold before she died. I live in Dongbinggo-dong now. And I have my car." she shows her key to him. "I'll go ahead," she said and bows to him before she left.

Jung Woo tucks his hands on the pocket of his pants. He tried. But he will never get tired trying to win her back. He just watched her walk out of the bar. And he smiles. At least she's not avoiding him anymore.

---

Hye Yeon is waiting for her ramen to cook when the doorbell rings. She went to the door and open it. It's Gwang Jae. Hye Yeon let him in.

"Did you have dinner all ready?" Gwang Jae asks as he put some paper bag of takeout food on the table. She shakes her head. "Not yet. I'm waiting for my ramen to be cooked," she said.

Gwang Jae sighs as he puts out the food from the paper bag. It's spicy chicken, kimbap, potato jeon, and some side dishes. "How many days have you been eating ramen?" he asks

"Just tonight. I'm eating really well, you know," she said. Gwang Jae stars at his sister. Indeed, she looks well and healthier. "Fine, check your ramen and let's eat."

Hye Yeon walks towards the kitchen tabletop and took her ramen. She also helps Gwang Jae prepare the food on the table.

"Did you bring this because you think I'm not eating well?" she asks as she takes out some bowls and chopsticks.

"Well, kind of. Song Yi has a shoot in Yongsan. I drop her off there and I decided to check on you. " he said. They went to the table and sat on the chairs. Hye Yeon opens the ramen and mixed it. 

"How's the drama?" he asks.

"It's going pretty well. We shoot Lee Jung Woo's singing part today. He did well. We are going to shoot the scene tomorrow when Park Min Ah and Mr. Jang will meet." she said. Gwang Jae becomes interested. "That's one of the critical scenes on your script. Ohh... I really want to see that." Gwang Jae was hopeful. Hye Yeon smiles.

Gwang Jae glances at Hye Yeon. She's eating well. And she looks more lively. "Hye Yeon-ah?"

"Hmm?"

Gwang Jae took a deep breath before speaking "I noticed that you always go out with Park Dong Joon. Some of my staff are asking if the two of you are dating or something. I told them that you're just close and you go out in a group because I know you meet Tae Sun and Ye Won weekly, right?" he chuckles. "Aish. My staff is really nosy. They make me laugh. But I'm okay with you going out with Park Dong Joon that you spend your time with Lee Jung Woo in the set." Gwang Jae points out.

Hye Yeon stopped eating as she listens to Gwang Jae. 'So, people noticed us.' she thought. She glances at Gwang Jae. He looks happy while eating.

"Oppa?"

"Yes?" he replied.

"I'm dating Park Dong Joon," she said. Gwang Jae drops his chopsticks and kimbap. He looks at her blankly. She can't read his thought. They just stare at each other for a while until Gwang Jae speaks.

"Why?" he asks.

"I like him. And I want to be with him," she answered.

"Hye Yeon-ah."

"Oppa, Dong Joon-ah is a good person. Ever since we were friends, he's been very supportive of me. He's kind and thoughtful. From my issues with Youg Jae to my break up with Jung Woo, he's there to listen to me. I pushed him away when Mom passed away. He feels so bad when he found out about my depression. He likes me, Oppa, and I want to be with him." she explains.

"Choi Hye Yeon!" Gwang Jae calls her name in a loud voice. He looks disappointed. "How can you think of dating now? Have you forgotten what happen with you and Jung Woo?"

Hye Yeon sighs frustratedly. "That was in the past, Oppa. Dong Joon Oppa is different from Jung Woo. He's a man of his w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter