Fourteen

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Sung Woo is staring at his phone. He feels awkward because his best friend, Han Yoo An, forced him to go with him to Seoul to visit his brother, Lee Jung Woo. Sung Woo and Jung Woo are not close since Jung Woo starts his showbiz career. He left their home so Sung Woo lives with their mother. Their father died when Jung Woo is ten years old and Sung Woo is three years old because of a heart attack. Their mother now lives in Jeju. Sung Woo was grateful for his brother but Jung Woo was too busy that he couldn't even visit their mom, which made him resent him in a way.

Han Yoo An is their medium. He always makes sure that they still talk even Jung Woo is busy and Sung Woo doesn't want to talk to his brother. Jung Woo is aware of Sung Woo's resentment and he understands. Han Yoo An is their best friend for years.

"Yah! Can you stop staring at your phone when Hyung-nim is here?" Yoo An said. Sung Woo looks at him and smirks. "I should be in Busan now and checking the inventory. Not here. And why do we have to meet his girlfriend? It's not like they will last long."

Yoo An smacks his shoulder. "Yah! Jung Woo-Hyung never introduces a woman to us aside from his ex-girlfriend. He's serious with this one. Haven't you see his interviews? Haven't you see her? She's beautiful and she looks nice."

Sung Woo saw his interview and he saw Hye Yeon's picture. He admits that Hye Yeon is somehow out of Jung Woo's typical type of woman but Hye Yeon made Jung Woo look like a normal person. He's curious about his brother's girlfriend but he doesn't want to look obvious.

The door of their private dining room opens and they first saw Jung Woo. "Here they come." Yoo An said. They both stood up to greet them. Jung Woo smiles at them before he looks back and reaches his hand out for someone. A feminine hand took his hand the Hye Yeon enters the room. Both Yoo An and Sung Woo looked stunned upon seeing her. She's smiling shyly at them as she let go of Jung woo's hand.

"Are we late?" Jung Woo asked.

"No, Hyung. You're just in time." Yoo An said.

"Hye Yeon-ah, this is Han Yoo An, our best friend. And this is my brother, Lee Sung Woo. Guys, this is Choi Hye Yeon, my girlfriend." Jung Woo said.

"Hello, I'm Choi Hye Yeon. It's nice to meet the two of you." she said with a smile. Yoo An held his hand out so he can shake her hand which she complies. Then, she looks at Sung Woo who is still staring at her. Yoo An elbow his side which made him startled and he immediately took her hand to shake it. He releases her hand immediately and looks away from her.

"Let's sit." Yoo An said as he lightly pushes Sung Woo to sit. Jung Woo helped Hye Yeon sit. Knowing his brother, he doesn't want him to sit across him so he let Hye Yeon sit across Sung Woo. Sung Woo looks flustered when Hye Yeon sits across from him. Jung Woo sits facing Yoo An.

"When did you arrived?" Jung Woo asked Yoo An.

"This afternoon. We just check something in Bucheon before we stroll around Gangnam." said Yoo An.

"How's the business?"

Yoo An sits up formally. "It's doing great. The Busan and Jeju branch are really busy lately while the Daegu branch is undergoing some renovation."

Jung Woo looked at Sung Woo "How's mother doing?"

Sung Woo stares at his brother. "She's well. She wants to say thank you for the package you send her. She hopes that you visit her soon."

Jung Woo nodded. "I will have a five days break next month. I will visit her."

"You should. She's worried about you." Sung Woo said in an intense voice. Then he remembers that Hye Yeon is there. He looks at Hye Yeon who looks surprised by his tone. "Sorry."

Hye Yeon smiles. "No, you don't have too."

Yoo An butts in. "Choi Hye Yeon-ssi, is it okay if I call you Hye Yeon-Noona?" Sung Woo looks at Yoo An. "Yah! You have no shame."

"What? What did I do?" Yoo An asked.

"You can't ask her that. You just meet!" Sung Woo points out. Hye Yeon chuckles. "It's fine. Call me whatever you want." she assures them. Yoo An smiles brightly while Sung Woo looks at her quizzically. Jung Woo is staring at Hye Yeon, adoring her.

"Great! So, Noona, where did you graduate?" Yoo An asked.

"Ehwa University. I major television and film." Hye Yeon answered. "You?"

"Oh. Sung Woo and I graduated from Hanyang University." Yoo An said. "We have a coffee shop business together. Jung Woo-Hyung helps us at first but we already pay for it because this one insists it." Yoo An nods his head towards Sung Woo who is still quiet while looking at Hye Yeon. Hye Yeon is listening to Yoo An.

"We have three branches; in Jeju, Daegu and Busan. We're planning to open here in Seoul or in Incheon. We're still looking for a place." Yoo An explained.

"Ahh... I see. A coffee shop is a hit business especially if you're located near schools or office buildings." She paused and looked at Jung Woo. "Come to think of it, there are no coffee shops near KEBN. Remember when I was asked by Mr. Baek to buy lunch for you? I need to walk three blocks to buy it."

"Really? I didn't know that it was that far." Jung Woo said.

Sung Woo speaks. "Yah! Why did you let her walk that far?"

"We just meet that day. And it was Hwi Jae Hyung-nim asked her that. He doesn't trust others on my food or anything that needs to be delivered to me." Jung Woo explained.

Hye Yeon looked at Sung Woo. "Are you looking for a place here in Seoul?" Sung Woo nodded. "We check something in Bucheon. We will visit another one in Incheon tomorrow."

"Are you interested in placing your business near KEBN? Because I saw this establishment recently. It's on the side of KEBN, it's on the main road. It's a salon now but it's closing soon because the owner is moving abroad. I think it's a perfect place for your business. I could talk to the owner if you want." Hye Yeon said excitedly. Sung Woo finally smiles. "Really? You'll do that?"

"Yes. I know almost everyone around KEBN. The place is huge enough for a coffee shop." Hye Yeon assures them.

"That's great, Noona. We should exchange number so you can contact us if you already talk to the owner." Sung Woo took out his phone and gave it to her. Hye Yeon took it to input her number. Yoo An smacks Sung Woo's arm.

"What?" Sung Woo yells at his friend.

"I have no shame? You're calling her Noona now!" Yoo An yells back.

Sung Woo smirks. "She's my brother's girlfriend. It's automatic that I call her Noona." Yoo An raised his hand to smack him again but Hye Yeon gave Sung Woo's phone back to him. Yoo An took his phone and gave it to Hye Yeon. "Let me have your number too, Noona."

Hye Yeon giggles and took his phone. Jung Woo sat up. "Yah! You're not bothering her from time to time, okay? She's a very busy person too and she spends her free time with me only." Jung Woo said dramatically. Hye Yeon gave back the phone to Yoo An.

"Don't be silly, Oppa. You're busier than me." Hye Yeon looks back at Sung Woo. "Don't listen to him. You can bother me anytime. Or maybe, we can have lunch out or something. Just give me a call or message me, okay?"

Sung Woo nodded happily. Jung woo took Hye Yeon hand. She looks at her boyfriend. "Yah! What about me?" Hye Yeon just laughs at Jung Woo and patted his cheek. "Fine, fine. We'll have lunch out too."

Someone knocks on the door. "Food is here."

"Yes, please come in." Yoo An said.

"So, what makes you decide to have a coffee shop as a business?" Hye Yeon asked. Before Yoo An can even answer, Sung Woo beat him, to Yoo An and Jung Woo's surprise. They continue to talk even the meal has arrived. It's mostly Sung Woo and Hye Yeon talking. Yoo An is glad because Sung Woo hates conversation. Jung Woo is happy because it's been a long time since he saw Sung Woo being talkative.

Later, they are ready to go home. They step out of the restaurant. Sung Woo is still talking to Hye Ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter