Forty One

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Hye Yeon's free day but she decided to bring lunch for her and Dong Joon. She also included Haru and Ki Bum. She enters the KEBN building. People are greeting her. It was strange but she thought maybe, people are trying to be nice to her since they all know that she's dating Dong Joon.

"Hye Yeon-ah." someone calls her. She looks around and saw Dong Joon, Ki Bum and Haru. She smiles and shows him the food she brought. Dong Joon chuckles and walks towards her.

"Hi," he said.

"I brought lunch for us. And for Ki Bum and Haru too," she said. Ki Bum approaches her and took the food from her. "Thank you, Hye Yeon-ah." Ki Bum said. Hye Yeon just nodded.

"Are you busy?" she asks.

"Not really. We just checking some studios. Just an ocular." he told her. He offers his arm to her. She smiles and holds on to it.

"Hello, Vice President Park." a female voice said. Hye Yeon and Dong Joon look around and saw Na Ji Woo. She's smiling at them but she looks different. She looks tense.

"Na Ji Woo-ssi, how are you?" Hye Yeon asks.

She smiles awkwardly "I'm good. Yes. I am good. I have an interview today." she paused. "Congratulations. I heard the news that you two are dating now."

Dong Joon stiffens but Hye Yeon comforts him by squeezing his arm. "Yes. It's been months for us." Hye Yeon said.

"I see." Ji Woo said. "Anyway, I have to go. Nice to see both of you." Ji Woo said and walks away. Hye Yeon looks at Dong Joon. He sighs. She pats his arm. "Are you okay?"

Dong Joon nodded. "I'm fine. Let's go?" he asks. She nodded and they headed to the elevator. Dong Joon asks her about her day. She told him that she will do some grocery shopping later. They arrived at Dong Joon's office. Hye Yeon took their food from Ki Bum before Haru closes the door for them.

Hye Yeon set the food on the coffee table while Dong Joon watches her take out everything.

"I hope sushi is okay," she said. Dong Joon nodded. "Anything will do as long as I eat with you," he said. Hye Yeon looks at him and smiles. After she takes out and opens the food she bought, she sat down beside him. She gave him chopstick.

Dong Joon can't help but admire his girlfriend. It's given that she's beautiful but now that people know that they are dating, she looks lovelier now.

"Dong Joon-ah," she calls her. Dong Joon wakes up from his daze. He smiles at her.

"Eat," she said as she picks up sushi and has a bite of it. Dong Joon did the same.

"Are you okay? Did some media people contacted you?" Dong Joon asks. Hye Yeon nodded.

"Yeah. There are some. They want to interview me. I refused. I might as well release a statement. I will ask Song Yi Unnie to help me." Hye Yeon mutters.

"It will be fine soon," Dong Joon assures her. "How about Jung Woo? Did he reach out?"

"No, thankfully. He hasn't asked me for anything. As far as I know, he's out of the country now. Yoo An said he has a photo shoot." she shrugs.

Dong Joon sighs. "He went to my office to confront me a day after our first public appearance." Dong Joon said. Hye Yeon looks at him. "That was a week ago. What happened?"

"He warned me. That he will win you back."

Hye Yeon scowls. "I don't understand him. Why can't he just move on?"

"Because he loves you. He's full of guilt and regret after leaving you. But even he feels that I can't give you up for him. I waited too. And I almost lost you. I want to make sure that you are happy, and safe with me." Dong Joon stated. Hye Yeon smiles at him.

"And I won't leave you just because he regrets what happened to us. I'm with you now and I want us to be happy together," she said.

Dong Joon reaches for her head and pats the top of her head. "We'll be fine, Hye Yeon-ah" he removes his hand on her head and continues to eat.

"By the way, Gwang Jae Oppa and Song Yi Unnie invite you for a meal this weekend. Can you come?" she asks.

"Sure," he said plainly. "Are we going together?"

"We can do that. Pick me up at home at 8 am this Sunday."

---

Sunday.

Gwang Jae and Song Yi are waiting for Dong Joon and Hye Yeon in the living room. Shinbi is reading a book quietly as her mother watches her. Gwang Jae is pacing back and forth.

"Should Dong Joon be the one nervous right now, not you?" Song Yi raised her eyebrow at her husband. Gwang Jae scowls at her.

"Can you blame me? He's dating my sister!" Gwang Jae points out.

"Yes. Your sister, who happens to be a strong and independent woman who likes him dearly. What are you even worried about?" Song Yi asks as she touches the top of her daughter's hair.

"I'll give you a hint" Gwang sarcastically said. "Lee Jung Woo."

"Yeobo, Hye Yeon is so over him. She's happy now. And believe me, Dong Joon likes her back. I see that since Young Jae and Ava's wedding." Song Yi points out.

"That still doesn't change the fact that he might hurt her too." Gwang Jae said. Song Yi sighs and stood up. She approaches her husband and stops him from pacing. She holds her hand. "Oppa, I admire your concern for Hye Yeon but she knows what she's doing. And don't you think it's unfair for Dong Joon for you to think that he will hurt her as Jung Woo did?" she said.

Gwang Jae sighs. "I can't help but worried about her."

"She's okay, Yeobo. She's happy. Trust me. Hmm?" Song Yi said.

They heard the main door opens. They are here. Gwang Jae and Song Yi face the entryway and waited. Hye Yeon comes in first, followed by Dong Joon, who's carrying a bouquet of flowers, a bottle of wine and a shopping bag from a bookstore.

"We're here, Oppa." Hye Yeon said. Song Yi and Gwang Jae approach them.

"Welcome to our home, Vice President Park." Song Yi said.

"Thank you for inviting me. And please, just call me Dong Joon." Dong Joon said.

"Can we be casual with you?" Gwang Jae asks.

"Please." Dong Joon smiles.

"If you hurt my sister, I'll kill you." Gwang Jae said casually. Song Yo smacks her husband's arm.

"Oppa!" Hye Yeon whines. Gwang Jae ignores them and keeps on staring at Dong Joon.

"I will hurt myself first before I hurt her. I won't promise anything but I will do my best to make her happy as long as she wants to be with me." Dong Joon said. Song Yi and Hye Yeon want to swoon. Gwang Jae just smirks.

"Flowers for you, Song Yi-ssi." Dong Joon said as she gave the flowers to Song Yi. Then, he presents the wine to Gwang Jae, which Gwang Jae accepted.

"These are for Shinbi." he shows the shopping bag with books in it. "Hye Yeon said she likes reading."

"Thank you, Dong Joon. You're so thoughtful. Have a sit first. The lunch will be ready soon." Song Yi said and leads them to the couch. Dong Joon saw Shinbi and greets her.

"Hi, Shinbi." Dong Joon said. Shinbi stares at him, then she looks at Hye Yeon.

"This is Pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter