Twenty Seven

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As days pass by, Hye Yeon is getting used to her daily routine. She's on the taping, she's at the office to do some paperwork, she occasionally goes out with Ye Won, Tae Sun, Song Yi, and/or Dong Joon, most of the time Dong Joon, and she loves her lazy days at home wherein she spends time reading books or meditating. She also goes to Cha residence to spend time with Shin Bi.

She meets Yoo An and Jung Woo from time to time and thankfully, they never mentioned Jung Woo to her. There is just this one time wherein Yoo An said that Jung Woo's TV series is about to end.

It's been three months since she came back and everything is well. She's heading lunch when she saw Park Dong Joon comes out from a conference room. He was heading at the building garden and he looks tense. Hye Yeon decided to follow him.

Dong Joon sits in one of the benches and covers his face with his hands while his elbows are on his lap. He wants to calm himself before facing someone he didn't want to meet ever again.

"Dong Joon-ah."

Dong Joon felt like he heard the voice of an angel. He looks up and saw Hye Yeon. Dong Joon stands up and faces her.

"Hye Yeon-ah" he murmurs.

Hye Yeon looks at him with worry eyes. "Are you okay? I saw you a while ago and you look tense. Is there something wrong?"

Dong Joon sighs. "Na Ji Woo is back". Hye Yeon feels like a cold wind passed them. Na Ji Woo is back. She hasn't heard anything from her for 3 years. The last time she heard about her is when the news came that she's not doing a drama and will go abroad. Hye Yeon starts to worry about Dong Joon.

"Are you okay?" she asks.

"I'm not sure. I talked to her manager a while ago. She went on rehab for a year. Then she spends the last two years studying in London. She's now back and she's offered by the new producer a new TV drama here. It's fine but I don't know what will I react if I see her. What she did before is really disturbing memory in my mind." Dong Joon said. Hye Yeon understands him. Na Ji Woo almost ruined his career. She's thankful that she saw her that night.

"You'll be all right," she said. Dong Joon looks at her. She smiles at him brightly. "You'll be fine, Park Dong Joon-ssi. You overcome her before, you can get through it this time. I'm here to support you."

"Hye Yeon-ah." he murmurs.

"Don't stress yourself about it. You can do this. I know you will." she assures him. Her assurance makes Dong Joon relax. He smiles at her because of that. "You saved me from Na Ji Woo before, and you're saving me again now" he smirks. Hye Yeon laughs. "I must be your guardian angel." she grins.

"Maybe you are." Dong Joon said.

"Oh! I'm heading out. I'll have some blood sausage and soup. Would you like to come?"Dong Joon places his hand on his stomach. "Come to think about it, I am hungry." he looks at her. "I'll go with you."

The walk together back inside the building. Dong Joon asks her about the drama. She said that they are shooting the last three episodes of the drama. The drama, entitled 'Captivated by you', is now airing and it's in its 7th and 8th episode. 8 episodes are remaining. Dong Joon told her that he likes the role of the main lead actor and actress there, how complex and complicated their characters are.

As they head towards the exit, someone is entering the building. Na Ji Woo.

She's different from what she used to be. Her hair is darker and her outfit is more mature. She looks presentable. Hye Yeon looks at Dong Joon. He has a poker face while looking at Ji Woo. Ji Woo saw them and she smiles. She approaches them. She stops an arm away from them.

Na Ji Woo bows before she greets them. "Hello, Vice President Park. Hello, Ms. Choi. I'm really happy to see you both again." she said.

"Hello, Na Ji Woo-ssi" Hye Yeon said. Ji Woo smiles at Hye Yeon then looks at Dong Joon. "I came here because my manager said that I need to be here to sign some contracts. Thank you, Vice President Park, for accepting me again in your company. Acting is my passion and I'm thankful to be back."

Dong Joon nodded and smiles timidly. "The project lined-up for you are amazing. I hope you do well."

Ji Woo smiles brightly. "Really? Omo. Thank you so much, Vice President Park." she bowed to him.

"I look forward to your work and wish you well." Dong Joon said. Ji Woo nodded and smiles then her face become serious and sincere. "Vice President Park, Ms. Choi, I'm sorry for what happened before. My stardom comes and polluted the head of mine. I become conceited and narcissistic. I'm sorry for what I did." she looks at Hye Yeon. "Ms. Choi, I'm thankful for what you did. You made me realize my mistake and the consequence of what I did. If you're not there, I will ruin Vice President Park and my career in a snap. Thank you so much." she bows at Hye Yeon.

Hye Yeon smiles at her. "It's all in the past now. What's important is that you learn from it and you're better now." she smiles at Ji Woo. Ji Woo smiles back.

"I'll go ahead. My manager is waiting. Good day to the both of you." she bows to them and walks towards the elevator. Hye Yeon looks again at Dong Joon. He still doesn't some any reaction upon seeing Ji Woo.

"Dong Joon-ah?" she calls him. He looks at her. "Let's go?" he just nodded. The walk towards the exit. They went to the parking lot. Hye Yeon decided to bring him to her car so they can drive to the restaurant she wants to eat. She's about to approach her car when Dong Joon calls her.

"Hye Yeon-ah."

She looks back at him. He looks really serious and relaxes now than a while ago. She smiles at him and gives him a 'what?' look. Dong Joon walks towards her and suddenly, he hugs her. Hye Yeon is surprised by her action. She looks around and thankfully, there's no one around.

"Thank you," he whispers. "Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for everything."

Dong Joon remains hugging her. Hye Yeon didn't understand why he's thankful of her but Hye Yeon hugs him back. "I didn't know why you're so thankful. I told you a while ago, I am here to support you," she said. He then let go of her and look at her for a while. Hye Yeon suddenly feels nervous about the way he looks at her. Suddenly, he places his hand on the top of her head at pats her. "You're amazing, Choi Hye Yeon-ssi."

Hye Yeon feels like her heart skipped a beat when he said that. She doesn't understand why but she felt good, giddy and nervous at the same them. She knows that she's blushing but she does her best to calm herself down.

"Let's go? I'm really hungry," she said. He pulls his hand off her head and walks towards her car. "Let's go. You're paying today. I didn't bring my wallet. I'm just supposed to be in a meeting with Na Ji Woo's manager and team." he stood in front of the passenger's side door. "Hurry up, Hye Yeon-ah."

Hye Yeon took her key from her back and unlock the car door. Both of them enter the car and they drive out of the parking lot.

---

Na Ra brought So Nyeo to Yoo An and Sung Woo's coffee shop. Ever since she meet Sung Woo, she admits that she likes him since then. From time to time, she eats lunch or dinner there. There are moments that she sees Sung Woo and Yoo An but since they are busy with there business, they have no time to chat with her. Yoo An just says 'hi' and Sung Woo will ask about Hye Yeon. After that, they will go back to what they are doing.

Na Ra orders for them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter