Thirty Five

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Yeon did the right thing. She stayed with the Cha family after the forum. Her phone received lots of messages from the media asking for an interview. So Nyeo also informs her that people are calling also in the office. She didn't receive any calls or messages from Dong Joon because he told her in advance that Soo Jung will take his phone so he could focus on her wedding. She also received a message from Sung Woo, Yoo An, Ji Eun, Tae Sun, and Ye Won asking if she wants to talk or something. Jung Woo is the persistent one among them. He keeps calling her and messaging her. He insists that they really need to talk this time but she just ignores him.

Monday comes.

The media is waiting at the entrance of KEBN, waiting for her. She tries her best to act normal. Thankfully, they couldn't just enter KEBN. She went immediately to her table and starts working. So Nyeo serves her some coffee while Na Ra informs her about the shooting tomorrow. Hye Yeon gave Na Ra her late birthday gift, which is a small purse. Na Ra likes it very much.

Hye Yeon is heading to the editing room to check something before she goes to the cafeteria for lunch when she saw Park Dong Joon. He looks handsome as always and sharp on his business suit. She greets him.

"Good day, Vice President Park." she bows to him. When she looks at him after bowing, she noticed that he looks upset.

"Ms. Choi, can you come with me to my office? I need to discuss something with you." Dong Joon said. She smiles. "Okay, sir," she said.

Dong Joon lead their way to the elevator. They ride it silently. Hye Yeon can feel that Dong Joon is not in a good mood. She wonders if something happens to the wedding. They exit the elevator and head to his office. Dong Joon stops in front of Shin Haru's table.

"Ms. Shin, cancel my schedule this morning. If there are calls, tell them that I'll talk to them this afternoon," he said.

"Yes, Vice President Park," Haru said. She continues what she's doing on her computer. Dong Joon opens the door and heads to his table. Hye Yeon enters too and looks around. Dong Joon took a small remote control and pressed it. The glass part of his wall that can see what's outside turned into gray. Dong Joon walk back to the door. He closes it and locks it. He looks at Hye Yeon and walks towards her.

"Is there something wrong? You look..." Hye Yeon wasn't able to finish her sentence because Dong Joon cups her face and kisses her. Hye Yeon was surprised but she gives in and places her hands on his arms. After kissing, then lean back to look at each other. His hands fall on her shoulders as she stares at her. Hye Yeon then noticed that he really looks upset.

She cups his face. "Yah. What's wrong?" she asks. "Did something happen in Canada?" Dong Joon didn't answer. Instead, he pulls her close to him and hugs her. She hugs him back. "Dong Joon-ah, you're scaring me," she told him.

"Forgive me for being a terrible friend." he paused. "I almost lost you. I should have been there for you back then," he said.

Hye Yeon now gets why he's acting that way. He knew about her confession in the forum. Once Dong Joon got his phone back, he immediately checks Hye Yeon's successful forum guest speaking event. He was so proud when he read that Hye Yeon did great during the forum but something bothers him. Some articles said that she suffered depression and attempt to kill herself two years ago. He even saw a video clip where she really did say that she was depressed back then. Dong Joon thought of the time he saw her at Cha Mi Kyung's funeral. She looks lifeless and staring blankly to nothing. Dong Joon can't help but blame himself for not being there for her at those time.

Hye Yeon patted his back. "I'm okay now. Don't worry." she leans back and looks at him. He still looks upset. She smiles at him. "Yah. That's in the past now. I'm here now with you and I'm happier than ever. I don't want to see you upset because of me." she smiles sadly at him and hugs his waist.

Dong Joon stares at her. "I will make you happy for the rest of my life. I'll make up for those times that I almost lost you." he kisses her forehead. "I will take care of you and support you in every decision you make."

"Being with me is more than enough for me," she whispers.

Dong Joon's heart wants to burst in happiness and break in sorrow at the same time because of what she said. He holds her close to him. "If anything bothers you, you can tell me, okay?"

Hye Yeon smiles. "I will." She tiptoed and kisses his cheek. "Welcome home."

Dong Joon leans back and smiles at her "Noona loves your gift." She sighs. "I'm glad." She looks at the sofa then back to him. "Why don't you sit down and I'll make some tea for us?" she suggests. Dong Joon nodded and let go of her. Hye Yeon left him to go out and get some tea.

She opens the door and gets out of his office. Haru stood up. "Can I help you, Ms. Choi?"

Hye Yeon shook her head. "I'm just going to get some tea and snacks for Vice President Park. I think he needs it." she smiles.

"Let me do it," Haru said. Hye Yeon stops her. "I can do it. Just continue your work." Hye Yeon left Haru to get the tea for Dong Joon.

When she returns, Dong Joon is sitting on the sofa, elbows on his lap while his fingers are entwined to one another. She placed the tray of tea and snack on the table and sat beside him. She serves him his tea and watches him as he sips it. He placed the teacup back on the table. He takes her hand and holds it. He looks at her. "What do you want for lunch?"

She frowns. "I don't think we can eat out peacefully. There are media outside."

Dong Joon smiles "We'll just order in then. Anything you like?"

"Chinese food?" she said. Dong Joon nodded and look t his watch. "We'll order them in a few minutes. Aren't you busy with something?"

"I will just check the editing room but I can do that later. It's almost lunchtime too anyway," she said and smiles at him. Hye Yeon pulls her hand out of Dong Joon's hold. She stares at him, thinking what has she done to deserve this man. He had seen her when she broke down and sobbed on Young Jae's wedding, she told her her struggle about agreeing with Jung Woo in going to America, and now he knows about her depression.

"Are you sure you're okay with someone like me?" she asks him.

Dong Joon was surprised but her question. She didn't know how lucky he is for having her in his life. He thinks that she's in doubt now because she thinks that he wouldn't want her because of her past. He raised her hand closer to his face and kisses the back of her palm. "As long as you are okay with someone like me," he said. Hye Yeon leans at him and embraced him. Dong Joon hugs her back.

"Let's go on a road trip again. Somewhere far away from here, hmm?" he said. Hye Yeon nodded. "Okay. Whenever you like."

---

Sung Woo forgot some important documents at home so he went back to get it. When he enters the condo, he saw Jung Woo staring again at his portrait with Hye Yeon. He's lost ever since he found out that Hye Yeon suffered depression and attempted to kill herself two years ago. After his shooting last Saturday, he came home drunk and crying. He's been trying to contact Hye Yeon but there's no response from her.

"Don't you have a shooting today?" Sung Woo asks. Jung Woo looks at him. Sung Woo thinks he hasn't slept well these past two days. Jung Woo looks back at the portrait. "I'm free today. But I have a shoot tomorrow."

Sung Woo was about to go to his room when Jung Woo speaks "Sung Woo-yah." Sung Woo looks back at him.

"Can you cal Hye Yeon for me? I need to talk to her." Jung Woo stares at his brother. "Please."

Sung Woo huffs. "Even I can call Noona, I won't do that. What for?" he said.

"I need to apologize to her. I need to make up for the things that hurt her." Jung Woo said. "He went through depression because of me," he said.

Sung Woo chuckles. "Don't make it as if she went through that because of you. You were just a part of it. You break up with her because she didn't go with you to America, she lost the person w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter