Thirty Four

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*More than 2 years ago...*

Song Yi opens the door of Hye Yeon's room. She's still in bed. She approaches her and sat on the side of the bed. Hye Yeon is lying down on her bed. She is staring blankly on the ceiling.

"Hye Yeon-ah, let's eat. Then, let's go out. Let's go shopping, hmm?" Song Yi said. Hye Yeon didn't answer. She looks at Song Yi. Her eyes are swollen because she cried the whole night after the announcement of her breakup with Jung Woo.

"Unnie?" Hye Yeon said weakly.

"Hmm?"

"Help me. I need to speak to Jung Woo. Hmm?" she starts to tear up again. "I am going to the airport. I was just saying goodbye to Mom and follow Jung Woo in America. Please help me." she starts crying again. Song Yi lies next to her and hugs her.

"Shh... Don't cry. I will help you. I will do everything to help you. Don't cry." Song Yi said will patting her back. Hye Yeon continues to cry.

---

"What?!" Dong Joon said.

"Ms. Choi filed a resignation letter, sir. She's packing her stuff now." Ki Bum said.

Dog Joon stood up and went out of his office. He hurriedly went to Hye Yeon's office floor to see her. He hasn't talked to her ever since her break up with Jung Woo. 

When the elevator door opens, Hye Yeon was there, carrying a box full of her stuff. She looks pale and she has dark circles around her eyes. Her hair is tied in a messy bun. Her face is expressionless. She just walked inside the elevator without noticing Dong Joon. Dong Joon just stares at her. The door opens at the ground floor and she immediately walks out of the elevator. Dong Joon follows her and calls her. She didn't hear him so he walked past her and stops her. She looks up to him.

"Dong Joon-ah," she said blankly.

Dong Joon feels helpless "Yah. What happens to you? Why did you resign?" he said.

She sighs "I need to take care of Mom. I need to be there on her side." she said. Dong Joon can see that she's exhausted. He takes the box from her.

"You don't need to help me," she said. Dong Joon gives her a stern look. "You look like you didn't sleep well. Let me help you now, okay?" he paused. "Are you going home?"

Hye Yeon just shrugged. "I'm going to our house to pack some stuff and get my things too before going to Gwang Jae Oppa's home."

"Okay. I will drive you there," he said as they exit the building. Hye Yeon shook her head "You don't have too."

"It's fine. Let me just do this for you, okay?" he said. They went to her car and they drive to Mi Kyung's place. He calls Haru and asks her to tell his driver to pick him up at the address he gave her. Hye Yeon took a nap on their way there. He's glad that she did. 

When they arrived at Mi Kyung's place in Mapo, Hye Yeon immediately went out of the car without even looking at Dong Joon. Dong Joon went out of the car too. Observing Hye Yeon, she still looks lost. Dong Joon approaches her and hold on to her ars and move her to face him. She looks up to him.

"Are you okay?" he asks. Hye Yeon just sighs. "I don't know, really. I feel so numb right now. I don't know what to do." she said as tears form in her eyes. Dong Joon pulls her to him and hugs her. At that moment, Hye Yeon can't help but cry.

"Everything will be okay soon. We're all here for you. I am here for you." he said as he patted her back. He lets her cry on his arms until she stops and wiped her tears away. He asked her if she's hungry or she needs anything. She just shook her head. Then, the driver arrived. Dong Joon asks her if she's really okay. Hye Yeon nodded and told him to go. Even Dong Joon feels that he shouldn't leave her since she's asking him to go back to work, he left after saying that she can call him anytime if she needs him. Hye Yeon just smiles weakly at him.

---

Mi Kyung is on her bed at Gwang Jae's home. She refused to have treatment. Gwang Jae, Song Yi, Young Jae, and Hye Yeon are standing on the feet of her bed.

"Song Yi-yah" Mi Kyung calls her daughter-in-law.

"Yes, Mom?"

"Did Atty. Go did what I ask her to do?" Mi Kyung asks.

"Yes, Mom. The papers are ready. We also found a buyer for the house in Mapo-gu." Song Yi answers. Mi Kyung sighs. "Good." she smiles.

"Mom, do you need anything?" Gwang Jae asks. Mi Kyung nodded. "I want you all to stop worrying about me. I am fine. Seeing you all together is more than enough for me." Mi Kyung raised her hand on Gwang Jae's direction. Gwang Jae and Young Jae approaches her bed and sat. Gwang Jae holds on to her right hand while Young Jae took her left hand.

"Take care of each other, even you're miles away. Respect one another and love each other, hmm?" Mi Kyung asks her children. "And always be there for Hye Yeon. She's your sister. No matter what happens, we are all family."

"Yes, Mom. Don't worry about us." Gwang Jae said.

Mi Kyung smiles and nodded. "Very well." she sighs "This day is so perfect".

---

Tae Sun and Dong Joon are giving respect to Mi Kyung's remain as Gwang Jae and Young Jae remains on the side. Tae Sun and Dong Joon also bowed to the Cha Brothers. The gentleman went out after then. Ye Won is waiting outside and comforting Song Yi. After Tae Sun and Dong Joon give respect, Song Yi accompanies them to the guest area.

"Unnie, where is Hye Yeon?" Ye Won asks. Song Yi looks at the corner near the door. Hye Yeon is sitting there, staring blankly. She's pale and she's thinner than before. The three of them approach her while Song Yi stays behind. Dong Joon crouches down.

"Hye Yeon-ah, we're here." Dong Joon said but she's just staring forward.

"Hye Yeon-ah, talk to us. We're here for you" Ye Won begs her friend but she's still quiet.

Tae Sun taps Dong Joon. Dong Joon looks back at him "Let's give her space. She's still in shock. We'll talk to her later." Tae Sun suggested. Dong Joon nodded. He looks back at Hye Yeon before he stood up and follow Tae Sun and Ye Won. Suddenly, they heard a commotion outside.

"What the hell is this?" Young Jae asks.

The man who introduced himself as a Galaxy Entertainment staff speaks. "Lee Jung Woo-ssi is sending his condolence. He also sends these flowers." the man points at the funeral flowers the brought.

Young Jae huffed. Song Yi hurries to her husband and pulls him back inside to his mother. Hye Yeon stood up upon hearing Jung Woo's name but when she saw that he's not there, she remains standing there as she stares at the huge crown flowers from Jung Woo.

"Take it back. We don't need anything from him." Young Jae said.

The man looks at the two men he's with then back at Young Jae. "But sir, Jung Woo sends this."

"I don't care if he sends it. I don't care if it cost him tons of money. I don't want it here." Young Jae sounds angry this time.

"But-"

"I said I didn't want it here!" Young Jae screams and grabs the flowers. He slams it on the floor. Then he pulls the ribbons and flowers aggressively. He's screaming and crying. "How dare him? After he promised Mom to take care of Hye Yeon, he left her just like that. And now, he doesn't have the guts to show up here to give his respect. It only shows that he didn't love my sister. How dare him!" Young Jae picks up some flowers and throws them to the men from Galaxy Entertainment.

"Leave!" he hissed. The men bow to him before they leave. Young Jae falls on his knees and breathes heavily. He looks at his side and saw Hye Yeon crying but still blank as she stares on the flowers he destroyed.

---

"Yeobo, have you seen Mom's sedative pills? I need to take all of her unused medicine back at the hospital for proper disbursement." Gwang Jae said. Song Yi looks at him while she's folding Mi Kyung's clothes and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter