Twenty Three

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Yeon visited Mi Kyung. She brought her some lemon tart and flowers. Mi Kyung is happy upon seeing her.

"I'm glad to see you again, child. You've been busy." Mi Kyung said.

"I'm sorry, Mom. Just stress with work and all." she said. Mi Kyung holds her hand. "Don't work too hard, Hye Yeon-ah. You're young and beautiful. You should spend time with your friends and with Jung Woo."

Hye Yeon smiles sadly. Mi Kyung noticed it. "What's wrong?"

"Mom, Jung Woo and I haven't talked for two weeks now." she said.

"Why?" Mi Kyung asks curiously.

Hye Yeon sighs. "We fought. He told me that there's an offer for him in Hollywood. He needs to be there immediately but he wants me to go with him. I told him I can't because I want to spend my time with you. I try to compromise with him but he didn't accept it. He even accuses me of staying because of Young Jae. We haven't talked since then. No calls or texts." Hye Yeon explains.

Mi Kyung smiles sadly. "Aigoo... You had your first fight. But child, why do you want to stay with me? Don't you want to be with him?"

"I want to, Mom. But I also want to be there for you. I lost my parents in a snap and I wasn't with them. I'm still a denial of it but I want to be there for you until the day comes that you're leaving us." Hye Yeon said. Mi Kyung hugs her daughter. "My Hye Yeon, Mom is fine if you choose to be with him. I won't be upset. I also think it's better. You won't see me suffer. You will just remember as your healthy and happy mom. If you want to go with Jung Woo, I won't stop you. I understand and I will support you." she then let go of Hye Yeon. Hye Yeon is already crying. Mi Kyung wiped her tears.

"All I wanted is that you have someone who will take care of you before I'm gone. I know Jung Woo will do that. he promised me." Mi Kyung said.

"But Mom..."

Mi Kyung silence her by squeezing her hand. "I'm fine, Hye Yeon-ah. Whatever decision you make, I will always support you. But I want you to know that I am not upset if you decided to leave us and went to America with Jung Woo." Hye Yeon hugs Mi Kyung as she continues to cry.

---

As days go by, Hye Yeon feels upset the fact Jung Woo didn't contact her. She saw him once but he's looking straight forward. Mr. Baek saw her. He waved his hand on her and smiling apologetically. She understands he's upset but not talking to her for too long is too much.

She walking outside KEBN for lunch when she saw an unfamiliar shop. That shop was a salon before but now, seeing a coffee logo on the window, it is now a coffee shop. Then he remembers Yoo An and Sung Woo. She smiles. They got the place. They didn't even tell her. She walks toward it to have a look. The shop isn't open yet but she can see that inside is fully equipped already. The tables aren't set yet and some boxes are still on the floor. Then she saw Yoo An came out from the kitchen. He looks outside the window and saw her. She waved her hand on him. he calls her name and runs toward the door. Sung Woo runs down the stairs and when he saw her, he smiles brightly at her. Yoo An opens the door for her.

"Noona! You're here." Yoo An said.

"Hello, Yoo An." she peeks inside. "It seems that you got this place. You didn't tell me."

Yoo An smiles. "We wanted to surprise you. Come in." he opens the door widely at her. She went in and take a better look at the place. Sung Woo approaches her. When Hye Yeon saw him, she can help but remember Jung Woo.

"Noona, I'm happy to see you. How are---" Sung Woo didn't finish what he's about to say when Hye Yeon hugs him. Sung Woo was surprised by her action but he feels like something is wrong. Then he feels like she's crying.

"Why are you crying, Noona? What's wrong?" he patted her back to comfort her. She shook her head. "Nothing. I'm just happy to see you." she mutters. Sung Woo looks at Yoo An. Yoo An just shrugs. Sung Woo is worried at her.

"Noona, since you're here, let me prepare something for you. How about some coffee and a sandwich?" Yoo An offers. Hye Yeon let go of Sung Woo and looks back at Yoo An. "That would be great."

She looks back at Sung Woo who looks serious. She smiles at him. "Why didn't you tell me that you got this place?" He shrugged. "We're not done yet. We wanted to surprise you on our opening day next week."

"I see." she looks around again. "Wow. I can have lunch here every day with this ambiance." she said. Sung Woo smiles. "Please do, Noona. We'll be happy to serve you." Sung Woo took some table and chairs. He asks her to sit while they wait for Yoo An.

"How's Mother?" Hye Yeon asks.

"She's fine. We visited her last week. She's doing well." Sung Woo said. "Oh! I just remember. Mom took down the picture of me and Hyung on the wall. She kept it for 20 years there but she took it down to replace with something new."

Hye Yeon is curious. "Why did she take it down? What did she replace it with?" she asks. Sung Woo took out his phone and open his gallery. She's scanning it until he found the picture he's looking for. He shows it to Hye Yeon. On a wall, is a portrait of Yoo An, Jung Woo, and Sung Woo standing behind the sofa, while Soo Young and Hye Yeon are sitting on the sofa while Soo Young holds her hands. Hye Yeon smiles.

"She so proud to show that off. Every time her neighbors come to help her in making kimchi, she always thankful that she has a beautiful and kind-hearted daughter-in-law. She keeps saying that to her friends. That you are her daughter-in-law." Sung Woo says.

Hye Yeon smiles. "I should video call Mother. I miss her."

"All right. Here comes our lunch." Yoo An said as he carries a huge tray with three iced coffees and sandwiches. He placed it on the table and sat on the free chair. Sung Woo serves Hye Yeon her meal. She ate quietly while Yoo An tells her about their plans for the opening. Sung Woo is watching Hye Yeon. She's smiling as she listens to Yoo An but her eyes are sad. And the fact that she cried a while ago means something is wrong.

"Noona?" Sung Woo calls her. Hye Yeon looks at him.

"Do you and Hyung have a problem?" he asks. Hye Yeon gulped. "You're smiling yet your eyes are sad. You cried when you see me. Did you and Hyung fought?" Sung Woo points out and questioned her. Hye Yeon sighs. She took a sip of her iced coffee before she speaks.

"Yes, we fought. He hasn't talked to me for two and a half weeks now. I also didn't contact him since he's mad at me and I told him to talk to me when he calms down. I guess he hasn't calmed down yet." she said while looking down.

"What happened? Why did you guys fight?" Yoo An asks.

"Jung Woo received a Hollywood offer in America. His talent management there wants him to go there as soon as possible so they can start grooming him. He wants me to go with him. I can't. My mom is sick now and has a few months to live. I can't just leave her like that. he accused me of being in love still with my best friend which is not true. Young Jae and I are just best friends and adoptive siblings now." she chuckles. "Young Jae is even married now."

Sung Woo feels mad at his brother. How can he ask her that despite her situation? "That's wrong. He shouldn't ask you that, especially in this situation." Sung Woo said.

"Jung Woo wants to be with me. He doesn't wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter