Thirty Six

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: An early update since I'll be busy tomorrow. Enjoy!

Hye Yeon is busy arranging her home office. She even bought a new comfy office chair and a corkboard where she can pin some notes and pictures in it. She pinned a new picture in it. It was taken during her dinner with Tae Sun, Ye Won, Ji Yong, and Dong Joon. On the photo, she's carrying baby Ji Yong. Ye Won and Tae Sun are on her right while Dong Joon is on her left. She really likes that photo because Ji Yong is smiling and looking at the camera and they all look happy in it.

She's really thankful that Jung Woo hasn't bothered her for days now. Although, he tends to engage in a conversation with her regarding the emotion needed in his characters or whenever Mi Suk and she are having a conversation. But he keeps his promise.

She's currently rearranging her bookshelves when the doorbell ring. She went out of the room and check the doorbell monitor to look at who is it. On the tiny monitor, she saw Dong Joon. She pressed the button to let him in the building. She checked her living area if it is clean. It's fine but she picks up the mug she used for her coffee and put it in the sink. She went to the patio to welcome Dong Joon. A few moments later, the door opens and Dong Joon enters. He looks casual today. His hair is not brushed up which made him look like a college student. He also wearing casual clothes. A black long sleeve shirt, denim pants, black sneakers, and dark brown trenchcoat. He's carrying a plastic bag of take-out food.

"Hi. Did I disturb you?" he asks.

Hye Yeon smiles at him. "No, I'm just rearranging my books. Come in." Hye Yeon took out a pair of slippers on the cabinet and put it down so he could use it. Dong Joon takes off his shoes and wore the slippers. They went to the living area.

"I brought some sweet and sour pork, spicy chicken feet and side dishes. I want to have lunch with you if that's okay," he said. Hye Yeon took it from him. "Of course. I'm just going to cook some rice. It won't take long". She carries the plastic bag in the kitchen and places it on the kitchen top. While she's preparing the rice. Dong Joon took off his trenchcoat and place it on the single chair. He then looks around her home.

"Your place is huge. I think it's bigger than mine," he said.

"Song Yi Unnie picked this. Mom wants me to have my own home and Song Yi pick this," she explains. Dong Joon looks at the picture on the drawer near the door of her office. He saw Hye  Yeon's picture with her biological parents. Her Mother is beautiful like her and her father looks strict but softie when it comes to his daughter. There are also photos of her during college, with the Cha Family, her and Bigbang, and her photos with him, Ji Eun, Tae Sun, Ye Won and Jung Woo in the award ceremony. He feels a bit bitter because she was standing with Jung Woo while they have Ji Eun between them.

Hye Yeon returns to the living area. "It will take a while but we will eat once its cook," she said. She noticed that he was looking at the pictures on the drawer. Then she saw the group picture on the award ceremony. She stood beside him and hold on to his arm. "I like that photo. That is when our groups started. I can't just simply dump it." she explains.

Dong Joon looks at her. "I understand. But we can have another photo if you want. We just need Ji Eun to be here." he smiles. She nodded. "Maybe someday."

"Yes." Dong Joon agrees. "By the way, it's been three years since I last saw you like this."

"What do you mean?" she asks. Then she remembers. She wasn't wearing her contact lens that day. She's wearing her black frame glasses. Her hair is tied in a messy bun. She's wearing a baby pink long sleeve sweater and black pants. She let go of his arm and covers her lips in shock. Dong Joon laughs.

"This is embarrassing," she said.

"No, it's not. You look adorable" he said.

"I need to change clothes. Wait here" she's about to walk out when Dong Joon stops her. She looks at him. "You don't have to. It's fine. I like to see you like this. It reminds me of our McDonald's side trip." he said with a smile. She pouts. "But I look like a mess"

"You're not. You're perfect for me even you wear a potato sack" he said and pulls her closer to him. He hugs her. "I missed you" he whispers.

Hye Yeon smiles "I missed you too" she hugs him back. Dong Joon kisses her temple and leans back. "Can I help you with anything?"

She shook her head. "I'm almost done. You can watch while I finish arranging my books," she said. She pulls him inside her office asks him to sit on his office chair. Dong Joon sat there while Hye Yeon finishes her work. Dong Joon looks around her home office. She's a very detailed person. He noticed the corkboard on the wall and saw some notes and pictures there. He immediately noticed the photo they had during their dinner a few nights ago. He smiles. On her table, she has a desktop computer. He unconsciously moved the mouse and the monitor lights up. His smile becomes more obvious. She's reading an article about him for being Korea's Top 1 Bachelor in Business Industry.

"I think this news is invalid," he said. Hye Yeon looks at him. "What?"

He points at the computer monitor "The news you're reading. It's invalid. I'm not a bachelor. I'm dating the most beautiful screenwriter in Korea."

Hye Yeon laughs. "You're silly." She continues to stack her books on the shelves.

Dong Joon closes the window and saw her desktop wallpaper. It's a stolen shot of him while they are in a restaurant. He was looking down at his pasta meal. He's happy. He also has her as his desktop wallpaper on his computer at home. It's her photo during Young Jae and Ava's wedding.

"Hye Yeon-ah."

"Hmm?"

"After we eat lunch, can we go for a road trip again?" he asks. Hye Yeon looks back at him. He just smiles at her and she smiles back. "Okay." she agrees.

After Hye Yeon arrange her bookshelves, she and Dong Joon went to the kitchen and have their lunch. Dong Joon volunteer to clean up and told her to get ready for their road trip. She agrees. After an hour, they are exiting her residential building in his car. 

They in a highway heading to east. Hye Yeon is staring outside the window. "Where are we heading?" she asks.

"Chuncheon. In Jade Garden to be specific," he said. Hye Yeon looks at him. "Really?"

He nodded. "Autumn will start soon. And I guess there are more tourists there than locals."

"I don't think people will recognize us." Hye Yeon said. 

"I hope so. I don't want people harassing you while we're on our date."

Hye Yeon chuckles. "Dong Joon-ah, you really are concern about that?" she asks. Dong Joon just shrugs.

"How about this? Let's stop by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter