Twenty Eight

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you," Hye Yeon said after the waiter serves their lunch. She looks at Dong Joon who is also looking at her. She smiles at him and grabs the spoon to mix her bibimbap. "I haven't eaten rice for the past five days. It's either salad or sandwich." Hye Yeon said.

Dong Joon chuckles. "I've heard that you're shooting the last episode in Jeonju," he said. Hye Yeon nods. "Yes. The lead character will meet there for the finale." she took a spoonful of bibimbap.

"Your first screenplay is a success. Congratulations." Dong Joon said. Hye Yeon smiles at him. "Thank you. I'm really glad that it's successful and I'm thankful that KEBN took me back after I resign two years ago," she said.

Dong Joon took a sip of his drink. Then he looks back at her. "Hye Yeon-ah, even you were a production assistant before, there are so many potentials in you. When we become friends, I don't know why you're a production assistant when you can be more. And I'm glad that you're back as a writer because you can now showcase your ability." he paused. "Speaking of that, how is your new story?"

"Oh... I'm done already. I just need some revisions." she said happily. Dong Joon is amazed at her. "That's great. Can you tell me the summary?"

She nodded. "It's a story of a man who meets a woman who lives in the apartment facing his apartment. She's a fashion designer while he's an aspiring singer who works as a bar singer. The woman is a secret lover of a business tycoon. But her perspective in love changes upon meeting the man." Hye Yeon said.

"Wow. It's interesting. Do you have any artist in mind?" Dong Joon asks.

"I'm not sure yet with the lead actress but I want someone who looks mysterious and can sing well for the lead actor. Perhaps Park Seo Joon or Park Hyung Sik?" Hye Yeon shrugged.

Dong Joon is in deep thought. "They can sing. I think it's better if you do a casting audition so you can see who can sing so it fits the role," he said calmly. She agrees.

Hye Yeon starts telling Dong Joon her babysitting experience with Ji Yong while Tae Sun and Ye Won went on a date. Dong Joon just listens to her as he looks at her. She looked pleased with what happened then and she's very enthusiastic about telling it to him.

Dong Joon is happy whenever he's with her but he's also scared at the same time. His admiration for her grows bigger as days pass by. But he's afraid of telling her. He doesn't want to lose her as his friend but he can't help it but admire her. To like her each day. To love her.

"Dong Joon-ah?" Hye Yeon calls his name. Dong Joon looks at her and smiles. "I'm sorry. Something just come up in my mind."

"Ohh." she hummed. "I thought I bored you with my story."

"No. It's really interesting. I would love to take care of Ji Yong too but I think Ye Won won't entrust him to me." Dong Joon said. Hye Yeon laughs and shook her head. "Well, if you want, if I babysit Ji Yong again, you can join me."

He nodded. "I will."

---

"Nice game, bro." Tae Sun said as he shakes Dong Joon's hand. Dong Joon smiles. They let go of each other's hands and walk towards the golf cart to head on the clubhouse to have some snacks. When they arrived, they sat by the window, overlooking the golf course. The waiter asks for their orders and left.

"Hye Yeon told me that she babysit Ji Yong while Ye Won and you went on a date." Dong Joon said. Tae Sun chuckles. "Yes, she did. And she did a great job. But Ye Won is annoying. She keeps on calling Hye Yeon while we're on our date to check on Ji Yong. Hye Yeon even turned off her phone after she told her that everything is fine for the nth time. I was planning to bring her to a Han River cruise after dinner but she wanted to go home." he sighs. "I guess she loves our child more than me now."

"Yah! I know I've only been third-wheeling the two of you for two years but I know that Ye Won-ssi loves you and she loves your son too. In a different way but she loves both of you more than anything in this world." Dong Joon said. Tae Sun smiles and sighs. "I know that. I just hope she spends time with me too. I miss her when it was just the two of us." he looks at Dong Joon. "Don't get me wrong. I love my son so much but I need my wife too, you know."

The waiter came back with their drinks. Dong Joon took a sip of his drink. Then look back at his friend. "You're so cheesy." he paused. "Try asking her on a date again. I will help Hye Yeon babysit Ji Yong so she won't be that worried if both of your child's godparents are taking care of him"

Tae Sun smiles brightly. "That's a great idea. I will plan that" he said and sips his coffee. Tae Sun observes his friend. he knew him for two years but whenever he talks about Hye Yeon, his aura is changing in a good way.

"Dong Joon-ah."

"What?"

"Do you still like Hye Yeon?" he asks. Dong Joon looks at him blankly. "What are you talking about?"

Tae Sun chuckles. "You'll deny it?" he asks Dong Joon. Dong Joon picks up his drink. "I don't know what you are talking about."

"Well, just so you know, ever since I met you in the awarding ceremony, I noticed that despite you were with Ji Eun, your eyes are on Hye Yeon. I thought it was nothing but as I get to know you and whenever we go out before, the way you look at her is different. Even on your suppose-wedding, while you're walking down the aisle and saw Hye Yeon on the side, your expression is full of regrets. When you meet us in the Italian restaurant, I noticed the changes in you. When Hye Yeon appears, I knew that it was because of her. It's her that you become yourself back then." Tae Sun points out.

Dong Joon placed the empty glass on the table. He breathes deeply and sighs. He thought that Ji Eun and his sister are the only people who knew about his feelings towards Hye Yeon. He looked at Tae Sun. "Does your wife know?"

"I think she does but she didn't tell me." Tae Sun said.

"That's good. Hye Yeon doesn't need to find out." Dong Joon firmly said. Tae Sun looks at him quizzically. "You don't want to date her?" Dong Joon gives him a look. "Your concern with your ex is admirable but no. I will rather be his friend than confess to her. She've been through a lot. I don't want to be a burden to her."

Tae Sun huffed. "If you plan to hurt her, then do not date her. Even I only dated her for a few months, I know she's a great person. She loves her family so much, she loves faithfully, and she's beautiful inside and out." he points out.

"I do know that." Dong Joon removed his cap and brushes his hair up using his fingers. "I like her, okay? I like her so damn much. Ever since she drove me home and ate McDonald's with me on the dawn of her birthday, I can't stop thinking of her. I'm pissed when I found out that Lee Jung Woo is pursuing her. But you know what's worst? She was in love with Young Jae. And when she already moved on, she starts dating Lee Jung Woo." Dong Joon pinched the bridge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter