Twenty Five

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ms. Choi?" someone calls Hye Yeon while she's editing some scene. She looks up and saw Oh So Nyeo, one of the production assistant who works directly under her.

"Yes, So Nyeo-ssi?"

"I would like to introduce the junior P.A." she said. Hye Yeon looks behind her and sees a young woman standing behind her. Hye Yeon stood up faces them.

"Ms. Choi, this is Kwon Na Ra. She's the new production assistant here and she will work with us. Na Ra-ssi, this is Choi Hye Yeon, she's the new writer here in the TV Drama department and you will work with me directly with her." So Nyeo said.

"Hello, Ms. Choi. I'm Kwon Na Ra. It's nice to meet you." Na Ra said and she bows to Hye Yeon. Hye Yeon bows back and smiles at her. "Welcome to KEBN. I look forward to working with you." Hye Yeon said and smiles.

"Na Ra-ssi, you're so lucky to be under Ms. Choi. She's the kindest writer here." So Hyeo said to Na Ra. Na Ra smiles and nodded.

"As long as you do your job correctly, that won't be a problem." Hye Yeon said.

So Nyeo agrees. "That's true. And when she says she'll treat you lunch, let her pay for it." So Nyeo leans toward Na Ra "She's rich so let her pay!"

Hye Yeon laughs and the other two woman laughs too.

"Oh! Ms. Choi, Cha PD says that the cast screening will start in an hour at the west wing conference hall." So Nyeo says.

"Okay. Well, let Na Ra settle on her table then join me later in the audition. I want both of you observes and later, I want you to tell me what do you think of each people in the audition. Okay?" Hye Yeon said as she sat back to her chair.

"Yes, Ms. Choi." Na Ra said. So Nyeo directs Na Ra on her table. She received a message from Dong Joon.

[Park Dong Joon: Care to join me for lunch?]

[Choi Hye Yeon: Sorry. I have an audition to attend in an hour. I don't know when we will end.]

[Park Dong Joon: I see. How many staff are going to the audition?]

[Choi Hye Yeon: There will be 10 of us.]

[Park Dong Joon: Okay. Good luck with the audition.]

[Choi Hye Yeon: Thank you, Mr. Vice President.]

Hye Yeon puts down her phone and went back to what she's doing.

---

Two hours later. Gwang Jae and Hye Yeon are interviewing actor at that moment. Hye Yeon finds him perfect for the lead actor role. After the actor left, Gwang Jae checked the time. It's almost lunch break.

Gwang Jae taps his sister. She looks at him. "Let's buy the kids some food. Okay?" Gwang Jae said. Hye Yeon agrees. "Should we buy pizza or what?" she asks. Suddenly, the door opens and Shin Haru comes in followed by some delivery men carrying packed food from a Chinese restaurant.

Gwang Jae stands up. Haru approaches him to greet him. "Good day, Cha PD-nim."

"Oh. Good day, Ms. Shin. What can I do for you?" Gwang Jae asks.

"Vice President said that you're having an audition today. He sends some lunch for the staff to share with. He also wants to congratulate you in advance for this drama." Haru said. Gwang Jae smiles. "Please tell Vice President Park that we thank him for this."

Ms. Shin nodded and left them. The delivery men put their lunch on the table and left after it. They have dumplings, sweet and sour pork, and jjajangmyeon. Gwang Jae told everyone to eat. Hye Yeon, on the other hand, texted Dong Joon to thank him.

---

Yoo An is watching his friend closely. He's busy doing the inventory of their store. He was on-hand on their Seoul branch since Hye Yeon shows up.

"Yah!" Yoo An calls his attention. Sung Woo looks at him. "What's with you? You're not this serious few days ago." he said.

Sung Woo sighs. "Nothing."

"Nothing means something. Tell me." Yoo An demands. Sung Woo stares at him then look back on his laptop. "It's nothing." Then he stares at the door. Yoo An looks at it too then he realized something.

"Are you waiting for Noona?" Yoo An asks.

Sung Woo glares at Yoo An. Then he sighs. Yoo An chuckles which annoy Sung Woo. "What?"

"You still like Noona all this time, I see." Yoo An said. Sung Woo knew that he's right. Ever since he meet Hye Yeon, he can't stop thinking about her. She's beautiful inside and out and he witnesses how she adores his brother. He wants a love like that. He likes her for that. But he respects her and his brother's relationship that he supports them.

When she came to their cafeteria one day and she's crying, he knew that they are having a problem. And when the news broke that they broke up, he knows that she's devastated by it. He wanted to find her to see if she's okay but he can't reach her phone.

He kept thinking about her since then, he tried looking for her in social media platforms but her last update is few weeks before the announcement of their breakup.

When he saw her in the coffee shop last week, he feels like he becomes alive again. She's healthier and become more beautiful. She looks happier and he's glad that she still consider them as a friend despite what happened.

"I don't know what are you talking about." Sung Woo said plainly.

"Lee Sung Woo, we've been friends since ever. I know you so well so you can't deny it. I know you like Hye Yeon-ssi since you meet her. Do you want me to enumerate the signs that you like her?" Yoo An challenges him. Sung Woo huffed because he does not believe him.

Yoo An sighs. "One, you smile genuinely when she's around. Two, you're talkative if she's the topic. Three, you have a picture of the two of you on your phone that you're keeping for a long time. Four, you still check her inactive social media account for updates. Five..."

"Fine, fine... Just stop." Sung Woo stops Yoo An in talking. Yoo An smiles. "See, you can't hide anything from me." Yoo An tells him.

Sung Woo sighs. "You're right. I do like her. What's wrong with that?"

"Uh... she's your brother's ex-girlfriend." Yoo An points out.

"That's it. Ex-girlfriend!" Sung Woo exclaimed.

Yoo An face turns serious. "You're not planning to date her, do you?" He saw the guilt on Sung Woo's face. "Yah! Are you crazy?"

"Hyung let go of her. She's a wonderful woman. what's wrong if I pursue her?" Sung Woo asks.

"Stupid! Her heart was broken by your brother. Do you think she would want to date someone that will remind her of him? And she sees you as a brother. Have you thought of that?" Yoo An points out to him. Sung Woo hissed. "But I like her." he said.

"You're crazy to think that you have a chance with her." Yoo An cracks his neck. "Uhhhh! I wish Noona date, someone, soon so you'll stop being stupid. Uggh!" Yoo An stands up and went to the back office. Sung Woo continues with his task while thinking about Hye Yeon.

---

Dong Joon is busy reading some documents when his phone rings. He looks at it and saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter